Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Spring and summer festivities in our Marvelous Midwestern towns

Ada Day may be over, but summer is almost here, and there's so many fun events.

The Cutoff Shorts contest. It was a very tight, hard race between Jamie Frame and Phillip Spaulding last year, which ended in a tie (and a wrestling match....does someone have the pictures? Asking for a friend)

And the Tri-State fair will also include the perennial favorite - the Eavesdropping Contest! The eavesdropping porch at Luthers Corners is a tough competitor, but Liz Matthews from Bay City is a one-woman team that has SLAYED the competition. She's the one to beat.

As for me, I'm not eavesdropping....I'll be watching Holden in the barn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548September 2, 2023 3:20 AM

Previous thread was here.

NOTE: A warning that our resident loon/troll will be posting here as usual. FF and block, and always ignore posts with excessive mentions of:

- Toilet habits of various actresses

- Fat names of shows, fat actors, fat anything

- Allegedly torrid romances between gay men and their leading ladies

- Lengthy rants about people on another soap message board that none of us give a fuck about, including Vee, who is "in the biz."

Among many other things this demented bitch will post about....so FF, block and enjoy the bliss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 3:19 PM

I don't get what this thread is about.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2023 3:40 PM

R2 then it's not for you. Thanks for reading!

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2023 3:42 PM

It sure isn't.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2023 4:08 PM

The cutoffs......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2023 5:41 PM

Did Audrey Peters and Ron Tomme resent the Buas, Gene and Toni, on LOL in the late 60's/early 70's? Eventually they killed Gene off, and Toni was left twisting in the wind. Tess and Bill could have been the future, stable couple.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2023 6:12 PM

R2 Well, thanks for visiting here, but you clearly are in the wrong place.

Now I have to get back to eavesdropping. I have a contest to win and a title to defend!!

Just a little while ago, I overheard an intriguing conversation between Mike Kasnoff and Jamie Frame. Seems they're both trying to determine a time and place for an assignation.

Or I should say, ANOTHER assignation. Seems those two want another assignation after the one last week and the one the week before that and the one the week before that . . .

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 11:59 PM

[quote] Now I have to get back to eavesdropping. I have a contest to win and a title to defend!!

#TeamLiz!

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2023 12:20 AM

Oh, now this is a sight -- Mrs. Rachel Cory Hutchins is preparing for the Eyes-A-Buggin' Contest. And terrifying every child in a 10-yard radius.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2023 1:48 AM

Who's her competition? Who else is in the contest r9?

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2023 2:31 AM

Geraldine Whitney!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2023 3:21 AM

I'm competin' too - from the country club fountain!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2023 4:26 PM

I’m watching 1979 episodes of Guiding Light.

I remember at the time almost everyone loving Evie. We thought she was so cute and sweet. Man, my opinion has changed 44 years or so later.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2023 3:16 PM

All About Evie, R13? LOL

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2023 3:24 PM

I stumbled on this recently. This is some fine soap opera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2023 3:29 PM

r15 I get that it's canon, but I was never able to believe that Jake would have raped Marley.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2023 3:38 PM

The way they told the story and the way Tom Eplin played it, I believed it. Which is why I never bought Jake and Vicky as this endgame couple at the end of the series. The only thing that was even more ludicrous was Rachel and Carl.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2023 3:42 PM

I hated Jensen's boring ass.

They should have paid Cynthia Watros a king's ransom to stay on as Vicky.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2023 3:43 PM

Am I hallucinating, or is the guy with the small dick in this scene none other than Johnny Bauer?

(I always thought he'd have a big one, personally.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2023 11:36 PM

It is James Goodwin, or Jobnny Bauer r19. He was Samantha’s first boyfriend on the show.

He would have made for a good recast Scott Eldridge on ATWT.

Tom Wiggin and Goodwin both should have gone on to another soap or primetime. They are both sexy.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2023 1:33 AM

Remember Johnny and Chelsea that insipid song about homelessness? Seems like they sang that almost as much as Oakdale’s Lily sang that Bonnie Raitt cover.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2023 2:27 AM

Jamie Goodwin was always sexy - I remember being like "oh, yeah, hot" when we'd be reminded of it if Johnny had his shirt off. But that character was the cure for insomnia, and Chelsea was too.

Fascinating that Kassie DePaiva had more in her - we never really saw it on GL, though I do remember some good work from her when Chelsea and Phillip broke up.

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 1:37 PM

Yes, Jamie Goodwin was sexy, but Johnny Bauer was super boring. When he played Jake's half-brother Kevin Anderson on AW, he was much more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2023 6:07 PM

Sharly is letting her hair down!

Anna Holbrook will be on the Locher Room on June 7th.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 8:29 PM

Springfield Ladies Who Lunch!

We've overlooked some important dates in Springfield history.

May 24 marked the 40th anniversary of the debut of Billy Lewis.

May 26 marked the 40th anniversary of the debut of Mindy Lewis.

And May 26 also marked Michael O'Leary's first episode playing Rick Bauer. Michael replaced Phil McGregor, who had started in the role 6 months earlier.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 1:07 AM

And for all those who celebrate it, the 40th anniversary of the debut of St. Beth of Raines will be coming up any day now.

History records aren't clear on the exact date of St. Beth's debut, but the anniversary is in early June, not too long after we first met Mindy.

We first saw the beloved Beth when Mindy was hospitalized after a horseback riding accident. Mindy's hospital roommate was Beth, who we later learned was hospitalized after she had been hit by her stepfather Bradley.

While Mindy was in the hospital, Phillip and Rick came by to visit her and got to know Beth in the process. Soon after, Mindy and Beth were both released from the hospital and going to the school prom.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 1:19 AM

Seems kinda odd for a school prom to be in June, but I guess that Phillip and Beth needed to be firmly established much sooner than, say, the time of homecoming '83.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 1:57 AM

Were Rick and Phillip working at Cedars?

I remember Rick (Freddy) and Phillip had been at Lincoln Prep. They came home to Springfield (maybe for the Christmas holidays?) SORASed — Phillip had a new sports car and let Rick drive it. They were pulled over for speeding and Phillip switched places with Rick and took the blame (cementing the depth of their friendship for viewers).

I guess that would’ve been their junior year, or maybe first semester of senior year, since all four wound up graduating from Springfield High.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 2:01 AM

r27

One of the high schools in the district I work had their prom yesterday, June 3 so proms in June aren't that unusual at least in new england(where they go to school to mid to the end of June)

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 12:22 PM

I stand corrected. Thank you, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 2:21 PM

My prom was in early June, too. In my part of PA early June was the small window between "rain and frost" and "sweltering humid jungle."

We were also supposedly one of the biggest markets for GL. My HS yearbook listed top 5 shows voted by students and #3 was GL (no GH in site).

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 5:50 PM

Phillip and Rick (Freddie) both returned from Lincoln Prep in late 1982. Phillip had been expelled. Not sure what the deal was with Rick.

Show never mentioned them going to any school in Springfield. They just had Phillip and Rick hanging around, lusting over Morgan Richards, doing some odd jobs for Josh Lewis, volunteering as Cedars, etc.

This was that period when the show as going through multiple HW between Marland's departure in Sept. 1982 and Pam's arrival in May 1983. As a result the show just didn't seem to know what to do with Phillip or Rick. In her Locher Room session a year or so ago, writer Carolyn Culliton, who joined the writing staff shortly before Pam took over as HW, joked that during that time they had Grant "sitting around in a Speedo blow drying his hair."

Anyway, with Pam's arrival, suddenly we learned that Rick and Phillip had been attending Springfield High during the previous six months since their return to Springfield. This was the first mention of it the audience heard.

Soon, Phillip and Beth were being voted king and queen of the prom. Phillip and Rick and Beth were graduating, while Mindy was there cheering them on.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 10:43 PM

I'm shocked that Mindy didn't have a private room.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 10:45 PM

Was somebody trying to teach a lesson about not being spoiled and/or selfish there? Either H.B. and/or Billy to Mindy or the folks at Cedars to H.B., Billy and/or Mindy?

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote]Grant "sitting around in a Speedo blow drying his hair."

I would watch that!

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2023 11:07 PM

It was a way to introduce Beth and bring her into the story. Pure and simple.

Yes, the real life Mindy would have had a private room.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 11:09 PM

I wish I would have to share a hospital room with Phillip.

I would gladly administer my own sponge bath......

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2023 2:46 AM

Another World Moment: On this day in 1978, Bobby Doran last appeared as Jamie Frame.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2023 12:03 PM

I believe this was where GL was from sometime in the 90s until it ended.....(that is, aside from the Peapack sets)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2023 3:47 PM

Did GL move into the WT studio? I walked by some building at the Broadcast Studio that was on 57th once, and I saw Scott De Freitas, Yvonne Perry, and Shawn Christian standing around in the lobby either rehearsing or having a very heated discussion. This would have been in the very early '90s.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2023 4:34 PM

R40 I know at some point, ATWT moved to JC Studios, the studio in Brooklyn where AW had been. But they may well have been in the Broadcast Center in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2023 5:25 PM

R39, I think you’re correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2023 7:55 PM

Interesting, R42.

This kinda tracks with costcutting measures at GL (2005 was around the time everyone had to take a 15 percent pay cut) and it makes sense that CBS would absorb them into open studio space vs paying for sets and storage elsewhere. I'm sure CBS charged PGP but it was a cost they could more closely manage.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2023 8:13 PM

R43 - I still find it hard to believe the shows were losing money. I absolutely believe they weren’t the cash cows they had been, but I doubt that they were actually in the red.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2023 11:31 PM

R44 I think at some point in its last year GL was definitely losing money.

Before that, the shows still made some level of profit but clearly not enough for CBS, which wanted to do exactly what it's done - fill with cheap game shows/talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2023 1:21 AM

Wow - we saw a brief moment of this during one of the fundraisers but it's Actually Happening.

Grant, Krista, Michael AND Judi all appearing in the Locher Room for a Four Musketeers reunion on June 15.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2023 9:23 PM

Well, this summer is the 40th anniversary of the Four Musketeers.

Maybe Judi can contain her frustration/anger for an hour. Or maybe she'll barely say anything like she did during the super-quick reunion during the fundraiser.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2023 10:19 PM

The divine icing on the cake would be if Mary Kay Adams joined them.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2023 10:34 PM

I would be so happy to see an interview with Mary Kay Adams — always loved her so much.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2023 11:26 PM

I just watched the Anna Holbrook interview. That woman looks amazing. It was great to hear from her and know that she's doing well.

My only complaint is that Alan has been doing this for 3 years now and still hasn't gotten better at interviewing non ATWT, GL people.

Fun fact, when they were auditioning for the role of Sharlene, Laurie Heineman was one of the actresses up for the part.

Fun fact #2, apparently the OLTL set was messy.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2023 1:56 AM

[quote]when they were auditioning for the role of Sharlene, Laurie Heineman was one of the actresses up for the part.

I'm sure Victoria Wyndham would not have been happy if they had hired Laurie back.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2023 2:45 AM

R51 Did Laurie and Lady Eyes A Buggin' have a falling out?

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2023 3:59 AM

Laurie’s competition for the Emmy that year-Mary Fickett; Susan Lucci (1st nomination); Susan Seaforth Hayes; Jennifer Harmon; Beverlee McKinsey; Victoria Wyndham.

She really beat out some heavy hitters and she was off the show for a year by the time she won.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2023 4:43 AM

R48, R49: Mary Kay Adams was so classy, as Neal Alcott on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2023 4:52 AM

MKA is well loved by most GL and ATWT fans. A few of us MARY!s dabbed our eyes when she appeared on Humans in New York.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2023 1:42 PM

In 1978 when Laurie Heineman won Best Actress over Wyndham and McKinsey, the Daytime Emmys only had two acting categories -- Best Actor and Best Actress.

That win was outrageous since Sharlene was a supporting character at best while Rachel and Iris were the lead actresses on AW at that point. Plus Heineman has been off the show for over year by that point -- her last episode aired March 23, 1977. Emmy ceremony was held in June 1978.

The next year, the Daytime Emmys created the Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress categories, at least partially in response to this controversy.

Ironically however, the Best Actress winner in 1979 was Irene Dailey, who played Aunt Liz, a character who is epitome of a supporting actress.

Best Supporting Actress that year went to Suzanne Rogers, for playing an alcoholic Maggie Horton on Days, a role she still plays today.

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2023 9:02 PM

The Kelly/Nola reveal is in this week's SoapHub Friday Flashback

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2023 10:04 PM

I had heard once that the reason Judi had a falling out with Grant and Michael was that they relentlessly teased her about her growing up in a traveling circus family. Or was it that she was getting banged by one of the directors so they kept their distance and didn’t invite her to the illegal substance shindigs in Grant’s dressing room?

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2023 11:29 PM

Grant and Michael were often pranksters on the set. That's well documented. So, its no stretch to think they also teased people relentlessly about stuff, especially when they were in their 20s.

So, I have no doubt the bad feelings between Judi and Michael and Grant grew out of them taking the teasing a bit too far. What they teased her about is unknown, but certainly her circus family background would be fair game. As was the fact she was 18 years old, brand new on the show, and suddenly banging one of the show's directors.

by Anonymousreply 59June 10, 2023 11:47 PM

The sleeping with the director (or was it producer?) happened a year or so in, if I recall.

And he was a fattie, so I think it seemed like she was being a gold digger, sleeping with the boss.

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2023 2:33 PM

I'm sure there was plenty of resentment that the new girl in town also scored an Emmy fairly quickly.

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2023 2:53 PM

Sofia Landon played Donna Love for a few episodes, didn’t she? Or did I dream that?

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2023 8:43 PM

I seem to remember Sofia playing Vanessa on GL at some point (well after she was on) but maybe *I* dreamt that.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2023 8:47 PM

Sofia definitely played Donna Love — Anna Stuart filled in as Vanessa when Maeve was on maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2023 9:05 PM

There's another post on FB for the Four Musketeers Locher Room tomorrow.

It has some kind of art - fan art? - of all four and I swear it makes Phillip and Rick look like boyfriends. LOL

by Anonymousreply 65June 14, 2023 9:44 PM

We will have a proper discussion of St. Beth of Raines on the Locher Room. Judi’s never commented on if she watched Beth Chamberlin in the role except only to say, with Beth Chamberlin listening, that she tuned in once or twice and Beth was “a different personality” alluding to the Lorelei story. I thought that can’t be true. That’s all she said. You originate the role, win an Emmy for the role, are part of two legendary super couples in the role, yet you only saw your predecessor play the role, 12 years into playing it, once or twice? Judi didn’t watch Beth’s heralded return from the dead when Beth Chamberlin took over? I find that hard to believe.

If Judi isn’t warmer in this today, someone needs to tell her to GTF over it. There’s no doubt she seems much more cold and weird when it comes to Grant BUT there was a pic of her, Grant, and Vincent at the set of Days a few years ago smiling sooooo maybe Judi was just not feeling great that day.

by Anonymousreply 66June 15, 2023 5:58 PM

R66 she was working non-stop after she left GL. She was on Days for a long time. She probably didn't have time to watch other shows.

Also cut her some slack. She had some serious health issues the last few years and her son died who was only 19 or 20 years old. Treat her with some kindness and compassion.

by Anonymousreply 67June 15, 2023 6:03 PM

R67 I did. I said she maybe just had a bad day.

All actors work a lot and they watch other shows or performances. You can’t tell me she didn’t watch the return of the character she originated, a beloved character, a very popular character? If so, that is just odd. Don’t act like she’s not had a huge issue even mentioning her days on GL. Most interviews she was profusely praising her current and past shows except GL. Very little said about GL. Very little said about Beth Raines. We all know she was treated coldly by some for being the first actor from GL to win an Emmy and her ex was reportedly verbally and mentally abusive towards her AND he worked as a producer on the show.

by Anonymousreply 68June 15, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote]You originate the role, win an Emmy for the role, are part of two legendary super couples in the role, yet you only saw your predecessor play the role, 12 years into playing it, once or twice?

Fans are much more invested in soap characters than the actors are. When the job's done, they leave it behind. Who cares how someone else plays a role you once played?

by Anonymousreply 69June 15, 2023 6:13 PM

I have never given a single thought to how someone who stepped into a job after me was performing it.

by Anonymousreply 70June 15, 2023 6:16 PM

You don’t know soap actors R69. Most of them are highly invested in the roles they play. These are roles they play every day for years. Being her first role, a very significant role which won her a significant award, you don’t think she was highly invested in the role. I don’t believe it. You are getting very defensive about this.

by Anonymousreply 71June 15, 2023 6:20 PM

That John whitesell guy was a fat schmuck. Judi should have sampled Grant’s long dong instead.

by Anonymousreply 72June 15, 2023 6:21 PM

You're the one who's criticizing an actress for not behaving as you'd like her to, R71. I don't care if she watched her old show or not.

by Anonymousreply 73June 15, 2023 6:26 PM

Losing a child isn't having a bad day you fucknut

by Anonymousreply 74June 15, 2023 6:50 PM

She lost her son and almost lost her legs.

by Anonymousreply 75June 15, 2023 7:19 PM

Did Judi’s son od? She should have intervened.

by Anonymousreply 76June 15, 2023 7:53 PM

Judi had lost her child well before and was giddy with Vincent Irizarry which is why I said she had a bad day because obviously she wasn’t like that with him obtuse MFer.

by Anonymousreply 77June 15, 2023 9:51 PM

so did anyone watch?

by Anonymousreply 78June 15, 2023 11:53 PM

Yeah, like did Judi spill any tea?

by Anonymousreply 79June 16, 2023 5:53 PM

Sigh. The 80s were awesome. Men in tight jeans and the aids. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 80June 16, 2023 5:59 PM

I watched and quite enjoyed it. O’Leary is the most talkative. Aleksander’s Zoom froze a few times. Tesreau looks the same and is bubbly. Evans seemed slightly aloof (she looks phenomenal) at first — sitting back from her webcam (like me, she may have trouble seeing if she sits too close). However, she came out of her shell as the interview went on. To me it seemed like it was just getting good when it ended.

I noticed something strange about O’Leary’s lighting. It would get bright and then go very dim - over and over again. Maybe that was some weird ring cam thing.

by Anonymousreply 81June 16, 2023 6:59 PM

They looked amazing. Damn.

Yes, Judi warmed up but she’s not the most articulate speaker. There wasn’t a hint of anything like bad blood or troubles when they were on the show.

I find it hard to believe Judi didn’t know Beth and Phillip had kids. She’s in the industry and was on two P&G shows after GL. Grant was like, “Your daughter is Hayden Panetierre!” To a surprised Judi. This has been pointed out to Judi on Twitter and she liked the comment so I’m not sure how she forgot. Neither her nor Krista watched their predecessors. Krista seemed really annoyed they changed Mindy so she was at least aware of Mindy’s storylines. Judi said on the Locher Room with Vincent she did see Beth as Lorelei but seemed to not remember that in this chat. Judi did say Tina raved about Beth Chamberlin and that she knew she did a fantastic job.

I wish it could have been longer. Alan did a poor job moderating this by throwing a question out and not having answer in order. Thankfully Michael is very talkative and would jump in when there was dead air.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2023 5:28 PM

Nothing about poor Kristi Ferrell hecoming a cokehead?

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2023 10:30 PM

Sniff.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2023 10:05 PM

Remember when Kristi was caught giving the guy who played Dub a blowjob in her dressing room? Gail Kobe was not happy that day.

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2023 11:12 AM

33 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2023 2:55 PM

Too bad that wasn't the end of her.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2023 2:58 PM

We all thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2023 2:59 PM

I'm coming, Bud.

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2023 4:59 PM

When did Reva start calling Josh by the Bud nickname?

Was it just a creation for that driving off the bridge storyline? Or had she been using it before that?

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2023 5:01 PM

R90 - I think called him Bud pretty early on.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2023 5:02 PM

Martha Byrne's husband, Michael McMahon, was found guilty today of stalking a family in the New Jersey suburbs on behalf of the Chinese government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2023 5:55 PM

So now is cunty Martha gonna bitch about how innocent her hubby is?

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2023 6:40 PM

She's gonna go full MAGA after this. If she isn't already.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2023 9:03 PM

R92 ummmmm WHAT?

Also, Reva calling Josh “Bud” was a master stroke in writing. It personalized their relationship to make it far more intimate. I’m surprised it isn’t used more. It is a very effective writing tool.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2023 9:23 PM

R92, I smell a future Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2023 9:37 PM

Bad Martha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2023 9:45 PM

Liz Hubbard is up in Heaven raising an eyebrow, for sure. Like…WTF?

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2023 10:16 PM

Martha railing about the case on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2023 2:53 PM

Martha is maga? Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2023 3:11 PM

R100

Another reason I hate social media, I want the person of the actors in my head, and who I see on screen not the real life persona

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2023 3:54 PM

Why didn't she blame James Stenbeck?

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Is she Maga? He was arrested during the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2023 4:26 PM

She's appeared on Newsmax. Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2023 6:20 PM

MAGA Martha is losing all of her daytime friends. Her ATWT besties are keeping a distance from her MAGA antics.

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2023 7:24 PM

Pussycat!

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2023 7:31 PM

Has La Hubbard commented yet? They are pretty close from what I've seen and heard?

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2023 7:37 PM

Ha, ha R107.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2023 8:31 PM

MAGA Martha, Drunk Colleen, Dead Liz and Kathy, Gambler Jon, HSN Terri… the decade since ATWT’s cancellation has been hard.

by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2023 9:59 PM

R109, What’s up with Hensley?

by Anonymousreply 110June 21, 2023 10:38 PM

Jon allegedly spent all of his and Kelley's money on gambling and bankrupted them, thus their divorce.

by Anonymousreply 111June 21, 2023 10:42 PM

Has drunk Colleen commented yet? ATWT was a mess behind the scenes. Kathleen Widdoes showing her tits in the makeup room seems mild by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 112June 21, 2023 11:40 PM

r111

He should rent himself out

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2023 11:45 PM

Take all my money, Holden!

by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2023 11:58 PM

Seth!

by Anonymousreply 115June 22, 2023 12:12 AM

I've read several things all over the Internets about Seth and his alleged sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 116June 22, 2023 12:31 AM

KMH works as a salesperson on the floor of a dept store in Illinois. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 117June 22, 2023 1:20 AM

R117, It was good enough for Bette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 22, 2023 1:45 AM

Poor Martha MAGA is always the victim. RME.

by Anonymousreply 119June 22, 2023 11:36 AM

I wonder what Maga Martha really thought of the Luke gay storyline.

by Anonymousreply 120June 22, 2023 1:10 PM

I. Didn’t really watch ATWT, but a shame she’s maga.

by Anonymousreply 121June 22, 2023 1:40 PM

I don't think she was always MAGA but having a cop husband probably did a number on her psyche.

Maura West also leaned a bit conservative but never in any MAGA-ish way. I think her thing was that she was pro-life and/or very family oriented. But I never heard anything bad about her, so I don't think she was a let's burn the tiki torches kind of person.

by Anonymousreply 122June 22, 2023 2:50 PM

No shocker about Maura. Her husband is homely, so that would make anyone bitter, and angry/bitter people tend to lean conservative.

by Anonymousreply 123June 22, 2023 3:25 PM

Anyway.....

by Anonymousreply 124June 22, 2023 3:27 PM

FMB was on the money about Scott. Homely as they come, with a couch potato body and a face made for radio. Poor Maura.

by Anonymousreply 125June 22, 2023 3:35 PM

Anyway....

by Anonymousreply 126June 22, 2023 3:40 PM

R122 If she’s smart she wouldn’t let her freak flag fly working in entertainment. I know many do,and they aren’t smart.

Makes sense about Martha with her husband being a cop and working against the country. Very on brand for maga types. Her screeching on Twitter is something else. Sure, Martha, everyone is corrupt except your husband. She tries to use the cop card which nowadays goes way against the image of being an upstanding person.

by Anonymousreply 127June 22, 2023 4:16 PM

This all makes me reevaluate Martha's departure from ATWT and ponder whether she was stirring up shit on set, etc.

by Anonymousreply 128June 22, 2023 4:32 PM

R123 & R125 - I have to respectfully disagree, I think Scott D is very handsome. I also suspect that he’s a good guy who seems satisfied to be a family man and not seek the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 129June 22, 2023 4:45 PM

R129 that's our resident loon with multiple personalities....don't waste time engaging lest you be sucked into a discussion about how Andy Dixon should have been renamed "Drew" Dixon and recast with Cameron Matheson.

by Anonymousreply 130June 22, 2023 4:49 PM

R130 - R129 here. I’m not that guy. I abhor that guy as much as you do. I’m just a random elder P&G queen…

by Anonymousreply 131June 22, 2023 4:52 PM

R129/R131 I know, I was just warning you away from the ledge! LOL

by Anonymousreply 132June 22, 2023 4:53 PM

Who is going to buy a washing machine/dryer from KMH this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2023 8:08 PM

I’ll drivesh! I wash myshelf in winesh.

by Anonymousreply 134June 22, 2023 8:09 PM

who is KMH?

by Anonymousreply 135June 22, 2023 8:10 PM

Kelly Menighan Hensley

by Anonymousreply 136June 22, 2023 8:11 PM

Kelley Menighan (formerly Hensley).

by Anonymousreply 137June 22, 2023 8:32 PM

Where is Miss Van Hansis these days?

by Anonymousreply 138June 22, 2023 8:48 PM

by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2023 8:49 PM

Vinegary Helen Wagner was not fond of Maga Martha. She'd probably take a great deal of satisfaction in all this.

by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2023 9:35 PM

Van is a teacher-coach at MN Acting Studio in NYC. He and Tyler are still together. Photo from cast party for Only Gold (at MCC Theatre) that Tyler was in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2023 10:04 PM

R141 He looked better as a blond.

by Anonymousreply 142June 22, 2023 10:08 PM

I think he looks better now. Not so baby-faced.

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2023 10:33 PM

Yikes. Van has gotten old looking and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2023 10:38 PM

Miss Hanzzzzzzissssss looks about 50 in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2023 10:41 PM

[quote] Miss Hanzzzzzzissssss looks about 50 in that photo

He looks abut his age, which is 42. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2023 10:42 PM

What about Jake Silbermann? He was trying a Go Fuck, er Fund Me a couple of years ago for his military vet script that fell apart. I heard Nuke had a crazy, rich gay fan who was willing to pay them for a sex video at the height of Nuke, and Van scoffed, Jake was kind of interested....

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2023 11:04 PM

[quote] I heard Nuke had a crazy, rich gay fan who was willing to pay them for a sex video at the height of Nuke, and Van scoffed, Jake was kind of interested....

I'm available!

by Anonymousreply 148June 22, 2023 11:52 PM

The final years ATWT cast is in such a sad state. Colleen’s boozing. MAGA Martha. QVC homewreckers. Sears cashier KMH. Fat Margo. Dead Helen, Kathy, and Liz. Broke Jon. Lonely J Landon. Aging Van. Arthritic Marge McLarty. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2023 12:17 AM

The military vet script? Are you talking about Stuffer? That was over 13 years ago. It didn't fall apart. Jake got the funding for that short film and produced it.

Jake was seen on location filming something about a month ago. Don't know what for, though. He also participated in the recent tribute-fundraiser that Marnie Schoenberg's husband put together called "Marnie's Army" to mark the one-year anniversary of her death. I think that may be on youtube. Alan Locher???

More recently, he's been over in Japan. I think he might still be over there. Photo below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 23, 2023 12:47 AM

Beth Ehlers still work in some state government office in New Jersey?

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2023 4:02 AM

Jake S should really be in something that shows off his pendulousness.

Give the people what they want and all that sort of thing

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2023 2:37 PM

I'm reading a book by one of the daughters of Viva (Warhol Viva) - the oldest daughter, Alexandra.

She mentions Viva's affair with Anthony Herrera and then a call from Anthony when Viva discovers, at 44, that she's pregnant with Anthony's baby, whereupon Anthony calls her a "manipulative cunt." All this apparently around the time that James is gaslighting Barbara on ATWT.

I guess that sorta sums it up as to why Anthony and Gaby Hoffman never had any kind of relationship.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2023 2:39 PM

That Warhol portrait of Viva holding Baby Gaby next to a crappy little TV with Herrera on it is depressing. It's crazy, what straight men could get away with back then.

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2023 3:39 PM

I was talking with my grandma the other day about soaps. She bought all the soap mags. She loved GL especially. She was really shocked GL didn’t take off more, ratings wise, starting in 1988 to 1993. The show was really stellar on so many levels. You had the return of some legendary characters (Roger, Holly, Beth), great writing for a wide part of the cast, terrific complex characters, great storylines, great romances yet ratings stayed mostly flat until the very end of that timeline. Once ratings started to jump significantly the show lost key cast members and characters in the space of a very short time (Beth, Phillip, Rick, Alex (Bev), Sherry, Michelle Forbes (Sonni), Kimberley Simms, Reva (some see as a blessing), Josh, among others).

Why didn’t the show see the ratings benefits for what many fans feel is one of GL’s, if not one of soaps, greatest golden years?

by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2023 3:54 PM

^Your grandma followed the soap ratings? Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 156June 23, 2023 4:01 PM

R155 It's a good question.

I think the show lost viewers and lost momentum between Pam Long's two stints as HW. It definitely had some good stories and popularity.

But I think GH's powerhouse ratings performance from Luke and Laura days forward - which was pretty consistent except for a bit of a lull right before the Riche/Labine days - meant that GL really could only be so successful. It only had so much space to expand and get more ratings/viewers. So it could land at #5 or so in the ratings (which it did) but no matter what they did, it couldn't go much higher.

And all the departures circa 1993-1994 definitely slammed the breaks on momentum - by 2000 the show was virtually reinvented, with only a few recognizable strands.

And of course soaps in general took a huge nosedive after OJ etc.

by Anonymousreply 157June 23, 2023 4:12 PM

TGL was such a low-energy show.

by Anonymousreply 158June 23, 2023 4:20 PM

anyway...

by Anonymousreply 159June 23, 2023 4:21 PM

It’s not a mystery what happened to GL. As the show was gaining more momentum in 1992 three of the front burner characters were written out/recast in rapid succession (Blake/Mindy/Alex) and their eventual replacements received a mixed reception. Then a few months later Maureen was killed off to free up the budget for Marcy Walker and Justin Deas, angering long time viewers.

The loss of Simms, McKinsey and Parker were preventable missteps (Sherry Stringfield was going to leave regardless). To me, this all came down to Jill Phelps’ well documented path of destruction through daytime. The only two people who did more damage to soaps were Brian Frons and OJ.

by Anonymousreply 160June 23, 2023 4:35 PM

R160 yes, I think most of us agree on that part of the story, oft-tread grounds here, as it were.

I think R155's question was: in the years ***prior*** to those losses, why didn't GL see a big surge in the ratings?

by Anonymousreply 161June 23, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote]Then a few months later Maureen was killed off to free up the budget for Marcy Walker and Justin Deas, angering long time viewers.

Debatable about whether Maureen's death paid for Marcy Walker.

It definitely paid for Justin Deas who joined the show in February 1993 after Maureen was killed off in January.

Marcy as Tangi didn't arrive until the end of October 1993. JFP brought in Marcy to try and compete with Luke and Laura's return on GH. Marcy debuted on GL on the same day as Tony and Genie's return on GH.

by Anonymousreply 162June 23, 2023 5:04 PM

Santa Barbara probably impacted GL’s ratings too. SB was gradually increasing in the ratings from 1985 onward, peaking in 1989 before starting its descent. At the same time GH stayed relatively stable after losing the #1 spot to Y&R.

In 1990, GH and SB both dropped in the ratings, along with their lead ins OLTL and AW/. As a result, Guiding Light and ATWT had a brief ratings resurgence that ended in 1993 with the revamps of OLTL (Gottlieb/Malone era) and GH (Riche/Labine regime).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 23, 2023 5:14 PM

90 minutes of Another World and TEXAS

by Anonymousreply 164June 23, 2023 6:21 PM

You could literally cut and paste the last 10 posts off of any ATWT/GL thread from the last 10 years. Its just the same shit recycled over and over.

by Anonymousreply 165June 23, 2023 8:50 PM

[quote]You could literally cut and paste the last 10 posts off of any ATWT/GL thread from the last 10 years. Its just the same shit recycled over and over.

Yes. But there are new people here who weren't here 10 years ago. Or even a year ago. They often ask similar questions when they discover a place to discuss soaps.

Others have been here for a while, but are trying to keep a conversation going.

But feel free to bring up new topics that haven't been discussed ad nauseam.

by Anonymousreply 166June 23, 2023 9:19 PM

"You could literally cut and paste the last 10 posts off of any ATWT/GL thread from the last 10 years. Its just the same shit recycled over and over."

I don't recall the phrase "acting as an illegal Chinese agent" in any of the other P&G threads.

by Anonymousreply 167June 23, 2023 9:28 PM

I've read quite a bit about the case. I feel the jury did their job. I would have found him guilty and not guilty on the exact same charges.

Should he be locked up for the max? I don't think so. I think the sentencing judge could give him some time; perhaps even a suspended sentence. I assume this cowboy will lose his license to work as a P.I.

by Anonymousreply 168June 23, 2023 9:39 PM

[quote] You could literally cut and paste the last 10 posts off of any ATWT/GL thread from the last 10 years. Its just the same shit recycled over and over.

Bitch, it's Datalounge.

We have LITERAL weekly Golden Girls posts for a show that debuted almost 40 years ago.

The Theater Gossip threads hash and rehash past theater doings and rivalries constantly.

Yes, we do the same here. Whatever. If you don't like it, then follow Reva Shayne off a short Florida Keys pier, bitch. And don't get rescued.

by Anonymousreply 169June 23, 2023 10:28 PM

Wow, I'd never seen the "family portrait" before. I wonder if Colleen has?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 23, 2023 11:25 PM

Happy 56th to Sherry Stringfield.....for some, the definitive Blake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 24, 2023 2:52 PM

r170

what is that a picture of?

by Anonymousreply 172June 24, 2023 2:55 PM

R172 That shot was in an article about Viva and her daughters. Gaby Hoffmann is Anthony Herrera's daughter with Viva, but since he was generally absent from Gaby and Viva's lives, the photographer took a photo of them with Anthony and Colleen Zenk's ATWT scene playing out on the TV.

by Anonymousreply 173June 24, 2023 2:59 PM

Scott Bryce comes to the defense of the Byrne-McMahons:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 26, 2023 11:56 PM

R174, The word is “cannot”, Scott, not “can not”.

by Anonymousreply 175June 26, 2023 11:59 PM

I don't doubt Martha believes her husband. But something is not quite clicking.

by Anonymousreply 176June 27, 2023 12:28 AM

Bryce needs to read the case. The DOJ was able to convincingly prove from the husband's internet searches and texts that he knew who he was working for and why they wanted their targets back in China. Also, he played a role in the stalking and harassment. This was decided by a jury. I don't think they're wrong.

Also, the jury acquitted him on the charge of "conspiracy to act as a foreign agent." So it seems Bryce is somewhat dim on that as well.

by Anonymousreply 177June 27, 2023 12:45 AM

Nicolas Coster has died.

He was on every soap known to man! Including ATWT, of course, and AW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 27, 2023 2:56 PM

Sad about Nicholas Coster. He was very good as Robert Delaney on AW. Had both Susan Sullivan and Beverlee McKinsey as his leading ladies.

by Anonymousreply 179June 27, 2023 4:59 PM

Coster's character, Eduardo Grimaldi, dying on John Dixon's operating table in 1995 gave ATWT its only good post-Marland storyline. Lisa, who was then married to Eduardo, sued Johnny Boy, and Andy had to testify against his father, and John worries that Andy will drink. Great stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 27, 2023 5:16 PM

Coster's Locher Room episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 27, 2023 5:40 PM

Had to go back and look at the WeLoveSoaps rankings, figured he was on the top actor list (and he was)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 28, 2023 3:40 AM

Holy shit, he responded to that post! LOL

by Anonymousreply 183June 28, 2023 3:42 AM

Very nice photos on the Locher Room Facebook page of Grant and a few others circa 1987 in baseball uniforms.

by Anonymousreply 184June 28, 2023 1:21 PM

July 4th is almost here and I haven't done a think in preparation for the annual Bauer Barbecue. Been way too busy killing patients and misdiagnosing people to even begin to think about the 4th festivities.

Please, I need help! Who's up for pitching it to make this year's Bauer Barbecue a success?

by Anonymousreply 185June 29, 2023 8:18 PM

I've got patients to kill! I can't do this all by myself!

Not going to be much of a Bauer Barbecue if I don't get some help.

by Anonymousreply 186June 30, 2023 8:36 PM

Michael O’Leary always exaggerates that when he’s on The Locher Room and it’s become somewhat tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 187June 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Will Kelly and Phillip be there in matching Speedos? How about Tony Reardon?

by Anonymousreply 188June 30, 2023 9:44 PM

[quote]Will Kelly and Phillip be there in matching Speedos? How about Tony Reardon?

The festivities in Pine Valley are always ho-hum. Sounds like the Bauer Barbecue is the place to come if Kelly and Phillip will be modeling their Speedos.

So, I'll be there.

by Anonymousreply 189June 30, 2023 10:42 PM

We'll make a road trip to Springfield if Kelly and Phillip in Speedos are the main attraction.

by Anonymousreply 190June 30, 2023 10:44 PM

Didn’t Dr. Bob recite the Pledge of Allegiance at the annual Hughes family 4th of July cookout?

by Anonymousreply 191July 1, 2023 12:10 AM

Kelly and Phillip.....that reminds me, I'd like two foot long hot dogs, please!

by Anonymousreply 192July 1, 2023 1:21 AM

With Special Guest Star John Barrowman.

by Anonymousreply 193July 1, 2023 2:47 AM

KMH really does sell refrigerators for a living now.

by Anonymousreply 194July 1, 2023 3:07 AM

"KMH really does sell refrigerators for a living now."

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 195July 1, 2023 3:09 AM

Go to her LinkedIn. She works at Abt appliance store in Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 196July 1, 2023 3:15 AM

Yes, and on her Instagram page she promotes the store sales.

I need a new vacuum cleaner. If I were in Chicago, I'd go buy one from her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 1, 2023 3:27 AM

R197, Who does she think she is, Betty Furness?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 1, 2023 3:52 AM

This makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 199July 1, 2023 5:46 AM

[quote] I don't doubt Martha believes her husband. But something is not quite clicking.

Martha better watch out. The IRS might look into them next!

Way, way down in one report about the outcome of the trial, it says that the DOJ proved that her husband also had some of the payments from the Chinese deposited in his WIFE and son's bank accounts, going on to say that these payments weren't disclosed on income tax.

by Anonymousreply 200July 1, 2023 9:22 AM

I knew when someone mentioned KM working at an appliance store that it would be Abt.

I know for a while when she first came back to the area that she was working with her family - they own a small chain of beauty salons. They opened one in my neighborhood and I kept hoping I'd bump into her on the street, but I never did. (I kept hoping I'd bump into Oprah on the street, too, and that never happened either, so 0 for 2.)

I hope she's doing well. I always liked her. I sometimes wish she had been cast in a different role - I think she was a good actress, but people just didn't see her as Emily. She seems to be happier and is now with a guy who isn't gambling her life savings away.

by Anonymousreply 201July 1, 2023 2:27 PM

R201, Shame about Hensley gambling away all their money, but at least she got to have him on top of her for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 202July 1, 2023 2:45 PM

R191 — I think was a Hughes/Oakdale tradition on Memorial Day (or maybe Labor Day).

by Anonymousreply 203July 1, 2023 5:54 PM

I will say that Kelley and Jon's son - now about 19 or so, I think - is a handsome young man. A bit beefier than Dad and not quite the sex-on-two-legs that Jon was as a young man, but you can see he looks like Jon.

(Check out Kelley's profile on FB for photos. You can also see the Abt info there.)

by Anonymousreply 204July 1, 2023 6:27 PM

I think one of her sons has down syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 205July 1, 2023 10:11 PM

Emily Stewart was never good enough to be a Hughes, and now the tramp portraying her is a common shopgirl. Tsk tsk.

by Anonymousreply 206July 1, 2023 10:13 PM

R205 I thought they only had a son and daughter. Spencer Hensley definitely does not have Downs.

by Anonymousreply 207July 1, 2023 10:24 PM

R205 The young man with Downs Syndrome is Kelley's nephew, Emmet Kyoshi Wilson. He's an artist, and she's very supportive of his work.

by Anonymousreply 208July 1, 2023 10:36 PM

R207 They share three children. Two daughters (Sophie and Georgia), and the son (Spencer).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 1, 2023 10:41 PM

The son looks old and fat in the photo at r209.

by Anonymousreply 210July 3, 2023 4:38 AM

RARE! Someone who worked at Home Lines cruises posted scenes filmed on the MV Atlantic in 1983 for the Steve/Betsy/Craig triangle. I do not think this has ever been posted on Youtube before. It's easy to see why Frank Runyeon and Meg Ryan became a super couple; their scenes are very touching, and their chemistry is off the charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 3, 2023 2:25 PM

Obviously, Meg's glad she got out of daytime, but I feel like there's an alternate universe where she/Betsy became a tentpole on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 212July 4, 2023 3:39 AM

Betsy, Frannie, and Andy were the three characters I feel were just too "legacy" to drop.

by Anonymousreply 213July 4, 2023 3:58 AM

I love the first two minutes of this package of Kim and Susan arguments. The scene is from 1987, and Sabrina has just been revealed as Kim and Bob’s daughter. Susan gleefully reminds Kim of her past indiscretions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 4, 2023 4:07 AM

[quote]Susan gleefully reminds Kim of her past indiscretions.

Team Susan, all the way. I always loved it when those high and mighty characters were reminded of their dirt.

by Anonymousreply 215July 4, 2023 4:17 AM

I love Kim but she did like to wear the tablecloth as a dress sometimes. Gurrrrllll.......

by Anonymousreply 216July 4, 2023 4:19 AM

I loved the Kim/Bob/Susan story so much.

I think they missed an opportunity by never using the Whitney Houston song, “My Name Is Not Susan.”

by Anonymousreply 217July 4, 2023 1:54 PM

My dad has an old Perry Mason episode on. A young Henry Chamberlain just took the stand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 4, 2023 1:55 PM

Quelle scandalouso! And more Meg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 4, 2023 9:11 PM

Was that faux Lisa in that episode?

by Anonymousreply 220July 4, 2023 9:14 PM

Yes, Betsy von Furstenberg. Her nostrils always disturbed me.

So this must have been right before Marland took over. Was firing Kathy McNeill and Judith Blazer his first items of business? And that hag who played Lyla’s sister?

by Anonymousreply 221July 5, 2023 1:56 AM

Eileen came back in Summer 1984.. Her first scene was discovering a dead Whit McColl and his toupee. Ariel and Karen left in 1984. Karen should have come back during James’ return in 1986; she was married to John and James, hated Lucinda and was Dusty’s adoptive mother.

Lyla’s sister Maggie left shortly after Kim and Bob’s wedding, along with her husband, Steve’s cousin Frank.

Marland came back officially in the fall of 1985, but I believe he was doing consulting before that while Susie Bedsow Horgan was credited?

by Anonymousreply 222July 5, 2023 2:18 AM

Why was Eileen replaced? I don't remember Betsy at all

by Anonymousreply 223July 5, 2023 2:22 AM

Eileen quit because she didn’t have a storyline. Odd, since her husband Whit did and they created a core family around her-the McColls.

Eileen claimed in an interview that she heard Lisa was going to be killed off. She agreed to come back and instead of murdering Lisa the show had Whit murdered (that’s Eileen’s take, not sure if that is true).

by Anonymousreply 224July 5, 2023 2:25 AM

Eileen - you have to love how delusional she was - announced the show had to move to L.A. to keep her. Total silence from P&G/CBS. In 1980, she had a meeting with Mary E. Bunim who told her she was getting rid of everyone over 45, hence Nancy Hughes being pushed out. Betsy VonF. subbed for her in Spring 1980 and people liked her, so Bunim was able to push Eileen out.

by Anonymousreply 225July 5, 2023 3:48 AM

Melanie Smith - for most of you, the definitive Emily Stewart - will be on the Locher Room next week.

She's got a book to plug.

Gotta say, she looks great. Not frozen faced and aging naturally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 5, 2023 6:06 PM

She’s been on several times before. I enjoyed her interaction with the gal who played Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 227July 5, 2023 6:47 PM

"Do you remember your first day, Melanie?"

by Anonymousreply 228July 5, 2023 6:47 PM

NO straight guy would ever pick Martha Bryne over Melanie Smith.

by Anonymousreply 229July 5, 2023 7:40 PM

I liked the actor who played Emily just before Smith — but quickly realized Smith WAS Emily. I really liked the story of her affair with young Paul.

I also really liked both Blazer and McNeill. I didn’t think too much of the character of Maggie (remember her affair with Tom?) but my mom really did.

I totally agree with the poster above who said he was freaked out by faux-Lisa’s nostrils.

by Anonymousreply 230July 5, 2023 8:10 PM

"I didn’t think too much of the character of Maggie"

I found her to be uniquely beautiful. Very few women can pull off the pixie cut as well as she did. But they didn't seem to know what to do with the character, and once she started obsessing about that damn baby, my interest waned.

by Anonymousreply 231July 5, 2023 8:18 PM

R231 - R230 here — that exactly what my mom thought (about her looks & she coveted Maggie’s haircut).

by Anonymousreply 232July 5, 2023 8:23 PM

I did NOT know that William LeMassena was an ex of Monty Clift's!

Darling!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 5, 2023 8:30 PM

PS That photo is clearly from much younger days - he played Lucinda's lawyer Ambrose Bingham.

by Anonymousreply 234July 5, 2023 8:30 PM

I loved Jane and Ambrose and Matthew!

by Anonymousreply 235July 5, 2023 9:55 PM

I hated when Jane and Ambrose were phased out when Lucinda left Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 236July 5, 2023 10:13 PM

He died in 93 so he evidently phased himself out R236.

by Anonymousreply 237July 6, 2023 12:22 AM

This is an article Liz Hubbard did with Michael Logan when ATWT ends talking about him

I loved working with Billy LeMassena [who played Ambrose Bingham]. Our first day on the set together, he wore a suit once worn by Alfred Lunt, whom he'd worked with. He worked with Noel Coward. He worked with everyone. And who was his lover? [Long pause] Oh, yes, Montgomery Clift! He was quite old when he was on ATWT — I think eighty-something — and I could listen to his fabulous stories forever

by Anonymousreply 238July 6, 2023 12:28 AM

Here's one I didn't expect - Shawn Thompson (Simon from GL) is hitting the Locher Room.

by Anonymousreply 239July 7, 2023 5:27 PM

[quote] Jake was seen on location filming something about a month ago. Don't know what for, though.

It may have been for "The Blacklist." He was in last night's episode (7/6/23), playing an FBI agent, and apparently he's in the next two episodes as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 7, 2023 9:47 PM

That was the final season. Wonder if Miss Spader sampled, or at the very least saw, The Pendulousness.

by Anonymousreply 241July 7, 2023 11:05 PM

Not P&G but thought y'all would appreciate this, part one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 12, 2023 2:08 PM

Not P&G but thought y'all would appreciate this, part two

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 12, 2023 2:09 PM

Thanks R42 and R243!

I’m eagerly awaiting that Ryan’s Hope book.

I’m also a subscriber to The Doctors channel. I’m hoping they update soon.

by Anonymousreply 244July 12, 2023 2:47 PM

I smell trouble.

Cecile must be here.

by Anonymousreply 245July 16, 2023 11:23 PM

Donna dear, what you’re smelling is yourself

by Anonymousreply 246July 17, 2023 4:07 AM

I can smell you all the way from Tanquir, queen.

by Anonymousreply 247July 17, 2023 4:18 AM

Ada, you’re smelling the dish rag on your shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 248July 17, 2023 4:24 AM

I totally missed the Sven story on Another World. I was in elementary school at the time. Was it as good as everyone says?

by Anonymousreply 249July 17, 2023 4:17 PM

Sven was totally creepy. "Don't cross me woman!" he'd yell at poor Helga. Then he'd hit her, offscreen. But we loved Sven when he was in Home Alone, as Kevin's lonely neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 250July 17, 2023 6:23 PM

The Sven/Helga/Regina (spelled with a hard “g”) was an insanely entertaining storyline. It was Harding Lemay deftly combining Henrik Ibsen with modern day melodrama. Roberts Blossom was scary as hell as Sven. I didn’t think the actress playing Regina was quite attractive enough to make us think Mac’s head could be turned from Lady Eyes a Buggin’ toward her, though. I will never forget teens Jamie Frame and Dennis Carrington discovering the chopped up body parts of their beloved Rocky, the Cory horse stables employee, in the boathouse. Dennis puked. It was sad. Even I, a young teen myself, sensed that Rocky might have had a very “special” relationship with the boys so maybe Sven actually did the Corys and the Frames a favor.

by Anonymousreply 251July 17, 2023 6:42 PM

R251 and of course, Louise Goddard lost the love of her life when Rocky got killed! All she had left were her plants.

by Anonymousreply 252July 18, 2023 1:26 AM

I remember reading in Lemay's book that the story was the beginning of the end for him......it was more plot heavy than anything he'd done.

by Anonymousreply 253July 18, 2023 2:58 AM

R253, he specifically referred to it as “melodrama.” Which it was but it was mesmerizing. It resulted in Rachel being blinded, a soap trope which Lemay had disdain for,

by Anonymousreply 254July 18, 2023 3:01 AM

Melodrama?

Well, ain't THAT a kick in the cunt!

by Anonymousreply 255July 18, 2023 4:02 AM

Lemay is one of my favorite writers, but with age and time, I've re-examined some of his choices. There is no mistaking that AW was wildly successful during his tenure. There is absolutely nothing wrong with character driven story telling, but sometimes a good soapy plot with a soap trope or two isn't all that bad either. Maybe, instead of firing Lemay in 79, maybe they should have brought in a co-headwriter.

by Anonymousreply 256July 18, 2023 1:45 PM

I thought Lemay left of his own accord. And I don't think he would have played well with a co-headwriter. At least, not then, he seemed to have mellowed when he served as a consultant on several soaps.

I'm still amazed that his unique brand of soap storytelling proved so popular. I loved it but it was a very peculiar animal.

by Anonymousreply 257July 18, 2023 1:57 PM

Lemay was burned out. In addition to plotting the show as HW, he was writing 3 or 4 scripts per week of a 60 minute show that had just expanded to 90 minutes. Plus a year earlier, he'd also created and written the short-lived soap Friends and Lovers.

From everything I know, he would not have worked well with a co-head writer. He just needed time off to rest, More time than just a two week vacation.

I think it was a mutual decision that it was time for him to leave. He recognized it and the show recognized it. Show should have left the door open for him to come back a year later, but apparently that didn't happen. Thus, it took 9 years for him to return.

by Anonymousreply 258July 18, 2023 5:08 PM

Didn’t Lemay later work with Marland?

by Anonymousreply 259July 18, 2023 5:29 PM

Lemay was a script writer for GL under Marland for about a year in 1980-81. He also was HW at The Doctors for about 6 months in 1982.

FYI, Marland got his start as a writer doing AW scripts for Lemay in 1974 or 1975.

by Anonymousreply 260July 18, 2023 6:02 PM

Thanks R260 - I’m guessing they worked pretty well together.

I wish Patrick Mulcahey would write a tell-all about the profession.

by Anonymousreply 261July 18, 2023 6:15 PM

I wish anybody would write a tell-all about the profession.

by Anonymousreply 262July 18, 2023 7:49 PM

I wished that Paul Rauch and Victoria Wyndham had written books. VW would have told all and I wanted to hear Rauch's side of things.

by Anonymousreply 263July 18, 2023 7:54 PM

Wish we'd had a good biography of Paul Rauch. He would have been fascinating. But likely isn't much of a market for such a bio at this point.

Also would love a good bio of Doug Marland. That might still have enough of an audience left to make it commercially viable.

Unfortunately, Bill Bell's family apparently demanded his bio be super-santized to avoid any hint of scandal or dirt.

Meanwhile, dementia was setting in while Agnes Nixon wrote her autobiography and she consequently have quite a few fact errors in the book and left out any dirt.

by Anonymousreply 264July 18, 2023 7:57 PM

Bill Bell's biography was an application for sainthood. I was rolling my eyes while reading it.

by Anonymousreply 265July 18, 2023 8:02 PM

Gloria Monty’s would be interesting, considering how many people ended ip hating her.

by Anonymousreply 266July 18, 2023 8:04 PM

Gloria Monty's would be dishy. But someone's got to write it while there's still time to get some interview.s

by Anonymousreply 267July 18, 2023 8:49 PM

If any body was going to write a dishy memoir about soaps, it would have been Kim Zimmer.

But even Kim's book was pretty tame. Barely had any dirt. There was a blind item about Beth Ehlers and the misinformation about Chris Bernau catching a tropical bug.

by Anonymousreply 268July 18, 2023 8:52 PM

R268 - Remind me about the Beth Ehlers blond item, please.

by Anonymousreply 269July 18, 2023 8:58 PM

I will be reveling many more detales about the Bill Bells in Part Too of my upcoming new True Hollywood Story. Also, now thats he dead, I can finaly add the chapter about John Conboys and why he was one of the few producers who didn't want to sexully harrasss me.

by Anonymousreply 270July 18, 2023 9:32 PM

Still waiting on Anna Banana’s memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 271July 18, 2023 10:12 PM

The Kimmer did a blind item in her book talking about Beth Ehlers habit of getting involved with her leading men. Don't remember the exact details. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 272July 18, 2023 10:30 PM

Beth was involved with both Mallets -- Rob Bogue and Mark Derwin.

The fact she didn't get involved with RPG added credence to the rumor RPG is gay. The two were great buddies,however. She even moved to AMC to be reunited with him.

by Anonymousreply 273July 18, 2023 10:35 PM

r273

Was she involved with Carl or Grant?

by Anonymousreply 274July 18, 2023 10:48 PM

Not involved with Grant. That's for sure.

Not sure about Carl Tye. Wouldn't surprise me if she did.

by Anonymousreply 275July 18, 2023 11:36 PM

Rumor is Rob Bogue was going to leave his wife to be with Beth. Then at the last minute, he chickened out and stayed with the wife.

Shortly after that, he did leave his wife. But this time, it was to be with Mandy Bruno.

Mandy and Rob have been married since 2011.

by Anonymousreply 276July 18, 2023 11:41 PM

[quote]Not sure about Carl Tye.

Why did he stop playing Alan Michael? I liked him.

by Anonymousreply 277July 18, 2023 11:45 PM

Bogue wasn't the best actor but he was hot and, according to rumors, could easily compete with The Pendulous One in, uh, certain categories.

Beth Ehlers also supposedly was having an affair or wanted to have an affair with Cynthia Watros. Like Anne Heche, she was multilingual. As it were.

by Anonymousreply 278July 19, 2023 12:58 AM

Sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 279July 19, 2023 1:03 AM

Beth Ehlers and Cynthia Watros barely overlapped on GL. They were on GL at the same time for less than a year.

Ehlers was also just married to Matthew Christian for a little over a year when she returned to GL in 1997. Possibly wanted to remain faithful to the marriage at that point.

by Anonymousreply 280July 19, 2023 2:26 AM

Just telling you what the rumor was, r200.

by Anonymousreply 281July 19, 2023 3:57 AM

LOL Zimmer and Laura Wright spread that rumor about Ehlers and Watros. 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 282July 19, 2023 4:28 AM

Kevin McClatchy still out there looking good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283July 20, 2023 2:02 AM

Why did AW replace him? So much sex.

by Anonymousreply 284July 20, 2023 2:31 AM

R286 Who knows? Why didn't GL find a better role for him? He could have been a Jonathan type 10 years earlier, but they wasted him as a day player.

by Anonymousreply 285July 20, 2023 1:18 PM

[quote]Why did AW replace him? So much sex.

I know that taste is subjective, but come on. If this walks into my casting office, Kevin McClatchy's option is not being picked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 20, 2023 1:25 PM

Mark Mortimer just looks so basic, though.

And he looked way too eye-talian to be playing Michael's son. But then again, Frankie Grillo didn't look much like his predecessors or like Zaslow at GL, either. Casting directors loved the guidos, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 287July 20, 2023 1:35 PM

I had/have such a crush on Carl Tye Evans.

I went to the GL fan club luncheon several times. The actors were always SO nice to me.

One year (probably the first year I attended) Carl Tye was there with his then girlfriend, Martha Byrne.

by Anonymousreply 288July 20, 2023 6:10 PM

Martha gave up CT Evans for that Nazi asshole she married?

by Anonymousreply 289July 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Locher Room's oldest interviewee was Rosemary Prinz, who was 90 when she was interviewed a year or so ago.....

That record will be broken on July 27th when Helen Gallagher, who turned 97 yesterday, is interviewed on the Locher Room.

by Anonymousreply 290July 21, 2023 4:20 AM

Is Helen going to talk about all the men if her life, over the years? Or her penchant for scene stealing?

by Anonymousreply 291July 21, 2023 10:52 AM

R291, Will she spill the dirt on Ruby Keeler?

by Anonymousreply 292July 21, 2023 11:21 AM

I say this with no irony......

MARY!

*sobs*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 21, 2023 7:26 PM

On this day in 1972 Victoria Wyndham became Rachel. Happy Anniversary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 21, 2023 11:57 PM

Rachel, what big eyes you suddenly have!

by Anonymousreply 295July 22, 2023 2:19 AM

Someone like Kevin McClatchy, or someone like Jon Hensley, was the type they needed for Rusty Shayne.

That was one of the most miscast roles ever.

by Anonymousreply 296July 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Terrell Anthony looked more like Dudley Do-Right than a farm gand from Oklahoma,

by Anonymousreply 297July 22, 2023 10:53 PM

I mean Terrell was a decent looking guy, but he had zero stage presence. And that hair.

A rare strikeout for Betty Rea.

by Anonymousreply 298July 23, 2023 12:03 AM

Betty Rea didn’t have the final say, it was the exec producer and headwriter (s), though.

by Anonymousreply 299July 23, 2023 2:04 AM

Then again, they already had HAM! Zimmer and Sniffy the Coke Fiend playing two members of the Shayne family. Maybe they needed a quiet third to round out the set.

by Anonymousreply 300July 23, 2023 1:34 PM

Terrell Anthony was cast because he looked like he could be Kim Zimmer's brother.

Pure and simple. That's why they gave him the role of Rusty

Yes, another actor could have done more with the part, but family resemblances can be important, especially in soaps.

Kristie Ferrell looked Nothing like Kim Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 301July 23, 2023 10:54 PM

I don't think Terrell particularly looked like Zimmer. Kristi seemed like she could be Reva's sister.....she didn't look a lot like Zimmer but she looked and sounded similar enough that the sister bit was believable.

by Anonymousreply 302July 24, 2023 2:03 AM

I couldn’t disagree more about Ferrell. She looked exactly like what Reva’s baby sister would look like-both have very hard faces structurally. Laura Wright was one of the laziest ass casting choices ever.

by Anonymousreply 303July 24, 2023 10:29 PM

I guess I never gave Terrell Anthony much thought. I never loved the character of Rusty, but I never thought negatively about the character or the actor… milquetoast, I suppose in retrospect.

by Anonymousreply 304July 24, 2023 10:59 PM

Nobody was as milquetoast as Johnny fucking Bauer.

by Anonymousreply 305July 25, 2023 3:47 AM

And sadly Jamie Goodwin was hot....they just made Johnny so fucking dull.

by Anonymousreply 306July 25, 2023 3:49 AM

And yet this is what he will always be remembered for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307July 25, 2023 11:37 AM

I don’t think I cared for a single storyline Johnny Bauer was in. I agree a good looking guy though.

by Anonymousreply 308July 25, 2023 2:37 PM

[quote]And sadly Jamie Goodwin was hot....they just made Johnny so fucking dull.

Jamie Goodwin was similarly hot and dull as Kevin Anderson, half brother to Jake McKinnon, on Another World.

by Anonymousreply 309July 25, 2023 2:40 PM

Jamey was less dull as Kevin on AW than he was as Johnny on GL.

That's not saying a lot though.

by Anonymousreply 310July 25, 2023 5:24 PM

Speaking of dull characters, Frank Cooper belongs on that list. Not as dull as Johnny Bauer, but dull nonetheless.

Ironically, Frank Dicopoulos was originally going to play Todd Bauer, presumably the brother of Johnny. But Pam returned as HW and quickly changed his Todd Bauer character to Frank Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 311July 25, 2023 5:25 PM

Franky D was intermittently interesting in the beginning. But he was definitely dull.

by Anonymousreply 312July 25, 2023 5:29 PM

Frank was somewhat interesting when they had him in a triangle with Eleni and Alan-Michael.

by Anonymousreply 313July 25, 2023 5:51 PM

Not a P&G soap but for those interested in backstage intrigue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314July 25, 2023 5:58 PM

Johnny Bauer WAS dull. I hated how his storyline with Roxie ruined that character. I hated Johnny and Chelsea singing a cheesy Phil Collins-esque sappy song about homelessness on that inane talk show.

by Anonymousreply 315July 25, 2023 6:13 PM

Chelsea Reardon was another dull character. She was yawn inducing to me. Definitely fast-forward material. Was so glad her romance with Phillip was short-lived. He deserved so much better.

Her pairing with Johnny Bauer just made the dullness of both characters more intense. They were like dullness on steroids.

When Kassie Wesley joined OLTL as Blair in late 1993, I was amazed to find how good an actress she was. Gave life and spark to Blair; made her compelling. She soon became a favorite character on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 316July 25, 2023 6:48 PM

Kassie Wesley (her name then) was hideously bad casting as Chelsea Reardon. So Southern and looked absolutely nothing like the siblings, And Ma Reardon woukd NEVER have named one of her children “Chelsea.” Unless maybe it was a name the girl took up for her singing career, then maybe that would have made sense.

by Anonymousreply 317July 25, 2023 6:50 PM

I agree one hundred percent with you, R316 & R317

Also, Chelsea’s existence was a crappy retcon. It had been made very clear that Bea and Tom had seven children (all were referenced at one time or another) and that Nola was the youngest.

by Anonymousreply 318July 25, 2023 7:51 PM

GL in that 1986-89 time period has a plethora of dull characters.

Johnny, Chelsea and Frank.

I always found Meredith Reade rather boring. And don't get me started on the dull teen set that included Dinah Marler and Cam, or whatever Ian Ziering's character was named. That teen set was no Four Musketeers!

Don't forget, milquetoast Daniel Pilon took over the Alan Spaulding role for a year in 1988-89 after Chris Bernau was too sick to continue. While Pilon was great as Max Dubujack on Ryan's Hope, he was awful on GL as Alan.

by Anonymousreply 319July 25, 2023 8:01 PM

Harley and AM were fire but yes, Cam and Dinah were dull.

I remember some murder mystery with Frank and Chelsea and a few people that you just wished the killer would chase after.

Nothing could compare to the fabulousness of Sonni/Solita.

by Anonymousreply 320July 25, 2023 8:04 PM

Rusty Shayne could also easily make that dull character list. Nowhere near as dull as Johnny and Frank, but he didn't really keep me interested either.

He was especially dull when he was paired with that Rose character who was a drug addict (?) or something.

by Anonymousreply 321July 25, 2023 8:22 PM

R320 - Paul and Christine Valere. Paul was murdered. Warren Andrews was the culprit. A very low point for the show during that era, I’d say.

by Anonymousreply 322July 25, 2023 8:25 PM

Philip and AM were really the only hot guys on the show for a long stretch.

No hot blue collar bad boy like Tony Reardon. The kind of guy who would make you a little moist Down There.

by Anonymousreply 323July 25, 2023 8:44 PM

In the past, people here have wondered why GL's ratings remained stagnant in 1987-89, despite the fascinating Sonni-Solita storyline.

I think posts r305 through r323 pretty much sum up why those ratings didn't go up.

Also remember GL was up against Santa Barbara, which was hitting its peak during that same period. And also against GH where agent Anna Devane and Robert Scorpio were keeping the world in order..

by Anonymousreply 324July 25, 2023 10:10 PM

More Locher Room news.....

Richard Van Vleet (the worst Ed) and Jeff Phillips (Hart Jessup #1) will be in the Locher Room soon.

RVV wrote a book and is promoting it and Phillips is apparently now a fitness trainer.

by Anonymousreply 325July 28, 2023 12:53 AM

There was still so much to love about ATWT in 2005. This episode is near perfect in its writing, directing, and acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 28, 2023 1:19 AM

R231 I am one of the few who liked the character of Rose McLaren. She was a (reformed) drug addict.

I saw a behind the scenes video years ago. I think there was a younger student on-set working on a school project. When he turned his camera to Alexandra Neil (who played Rose) she deadpanned something along the lines of, “Don’t ask me, I’m being killed next week.”

Neil, like fellow soap hopper Ariana Chase, sure changed her name a lot over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327July 28, 2023 4:01 AM

R326 Yum. There really was a time that Michael Park was sex on legs.

by Anonymousreply 328July 28, 2023 4:08 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned here before…but I just started watching HEELS on Stars and it was driving me crazy where I’d seen the actress playing Stephen Amell’s mother before, so I had to look it up. It’s Alice Barrett, aka Frankie Frame!!!

by Anonymousreply 329July 30, 2023 4:33 AM

R329 oh, cool! Glad she's still working.

I always liked her. Always wondered why a few of my favorite P&G ladies, including Ellen Dolan, Lisa Brown, et al didn't do more prime time, or aren't doing more streaming.

by Anonymousreply 330July 30, 2023 4:36 AM

Back in late 1998 and the first half of 1999, Liz Hubbard was off ATWT due to some sort of falling out with Felicia Minei Behr, who was the EP of ATWT in the late 90s.

When Chris Goutman became ATWT EP in July 1999, one of the first things he did was go to Liz and get her back on the show, saying how much Lucinda was needed in Oakdale.

But what if she had said NO? What if she had turned him down and said she didn't want to go back

Who could Goutman have cast to replace Liz as Lucinda?

Yes, I know, it's impossible to recast the part. But for conversation sake, who could have taken on that role in late 1999?

by Anonymousreply 331August 1, 2023 5:27 PM

Liz, I'd always remember Hubbard's departure as a Goutman thing. I hadn't realized it was FMB.

by Anonymousreply 332August 1, 2023 5:30 PM

No, Goutman is the one who got her back.

It was a pretty big falling out between Liz and FMB. Soap Weekly or Digest even ran an article where Liz said that FMB didn't trust or appreciate actors and that she was the wrong person to be EP of ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 333August 1, 2023 5:40 PM

Translation: FMB tried to shut down Liz's ad libs and Liz was SO not having it!

by Anonymousreply 334August 1, 2023 6:27 PM

Another way to phrase the question is who could Goutman cast as Lucinda as a giant FU to Liz Hubbard?

Sort of like what he did to Martha Byrne a decade later when he cast Noelle Beck as Lily.

by Anonymousreply 335August 1, 2023 8:17 PM

Lucinda actually was a role Marj Dusay could have played without looking like a seat filler.

by Anonymousreply 336August 1, 2023 8:19 PM

[quote]Felicia Minei Behr, who was the EP of ATWT in the late 90s.

Worst Person in the World in the late '90s. She and Mickey Against Daytime Drama will burn in hell for the rest of time for what they did in Oakdale.

[quote]Liz said that FMB didn't trust or appreciate actors and that she was the wrong person to be EP of ATWT.

FMB was out of her league doing anything besides being a shopbottom. At Woolworth's.

[quote]Lucinda actually was a role Marj Dusay could have played without looking like a seat filler.

Are you FMB? MADD?

by Anonymousreply 337August 1, 2023 8:36 PM

Lucinda would have been hard to replace. Hubbard was very theatrical, in the best sense of the word, and had an almost British/farcial/Cowardesque style of play.

The person that comes to mind for me, oddly enough, would be her former DOCTORS costar Lydia Bruce.

by Anonymousreply 338August 1, 2023 9:20 PM

There was no substitute for Liz Hubbard. Period.

by Anonymousreply 339August 1, 2023 9:27 PM

[quote]There was no substitute for Liz Hubbard. Period.

But Goutman wants to say Fuck You to Hubbard. So, he's got to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 340August 1, 2023 9:32 PM

Goutman's an asshole and Liz is dead.

by Anonymousreply 341August 1, 2023 9:59 PM

r340, he replaced Liz? I guess I was no longer watching by then.

by Anonymousreply 342August 1, 2023 10:04 PM

r342 see r331.

by Anonymousreply 343August 1, 2023 10:06 PM

Since he cast Noelle Beck as Lily, why not cast Christine Tudor as Lucinda.

by Anonymousreply 344August 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Linda Dano IS Lucinda Walsh!

by Anonymousreply 345August 2, 2023 1:57 AM

I was going to portray both Reva AND Lucinda. At the same time!

by Anonymousreply 346August 2, 2023 2:43 AM

[quote]There was no substitute for Liz Hubbard.

Which PG soap actors were unrecastable?

by Anonymousreply 347August 2, 2023 2:46 AM

[quote]Which PG soap actors were unrecastable?

Chris Bernau as Alan Spaulding was pretty uncastable. None of the recasts were close to his gothic portrayal of Alan.

A lot of the veterans from ATWT were also uncastable. Bob, Kim, John Dixon, Susan - the actors had been portraying them for so long I can't see them being replaced both other actors.

by Anonymousreply 348August 2, 2023 3:22 AM

Michelle Forbes.

by Anonymousreply 349August 2, 2023 3:40 AM

Would Crystal Chappell have been too young fir Soni/Solita?

by Anonymousreply 350August 2, 2023 3:46 AM

In 1999, in an attempt to lure more viewers of the just cancelled Another World over to As the World Turns, Goutman casts Victoria Wyndham as Lucinda.

by Anonymousreply 351August 2, 2023 5:36 PM

Lucinda! What the fuck is wrong with your EYES?

by Anonymousreply 352August 2, 2023 5:38 PM

[quote]Goutman casts Victoria Wyndham as Lucinda.

I would have tuned in for that, at least.

by Anonymousreply 353August 2, 2023 5:39 PM

Grant Aleksander was unrecastable

by Anonymousreply 354August 2, 2023 5:54 PM

Goutman might have put John Bolger in drag and cast him as Lucinda.

by Anonymousreply 355August 2, 2023 6:50 PM

Bolger might have made a good Paul Stenbeck.

by Anonymousreply 356August 2, 2023 6:52 PM

R337 — What’s a shopbottom? (I do get the Woolworth’s reference!)

by Anonymousreply 357August 2, 2023 7:49 PM

I thought Scott Holroyd was a great Paul.

by Anonymousreply 358August 2, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote]Bolger might have made a good Paul Stenbeck.

John Bolger (1954) is only one year younger than Colleen Zenk (1953).

[quote]I thought Scott Holroyd was a great Paul.

So did I. He was my favorite post-Kavovit Paul. The one they ended up keeping was part of the reason I only watched the gay scenes at the end. They should never have fired Andy Kavovit, of course.

by Anonymousreply 359August 2, 2023 8:09 PM

WHET Felicia Minei Behr?

Haven't heard that name in years!

She's as hated as JFP, who incidently is rumored to be joining Days as EP in the wake of the Albert Alarr scandal.

by Anonymousreply 360August 2, 2023 8:10 PM

I hope FMB has been reduced to selling pencils from a cup at the 72nd and Broadway IRT stop. It's more than she deserves. I never hated JFP the way I did FMB, FWIW.

by Anonymousreply 361August 2, 2023 8:14 PM

John Bolger would have made a good Simon. And thus taken advantage of chemistry between John and MKA.

by Anonymousreply 362August 2, 2023 8:52 PM

Rosemary Prinz was not replaceable as Penny.

by Anonymousreply 363August 2, 2023 9:15 PM

[quote]John Bolger would have made a good Simon. And thus taken advantage of chemistry between John and MKA.

Was MKA's character of Neal Alcott ever on at the same time as the Simon Frasier character was on?

by Anonymousreply 364August 2, 2023 9:23 PM

R364 Sorry, I wasn't talking about ATWT.

There was a character named Simon on GL circa 1986-87. He was supposedly related to Alexandra, but also had some connection with or was in cahoots with India (I'm forgetting what it was).

The actor that played Simon, Shawn Thompson, was OK, but if John hadn't been stuck in playing Philip, we could have had him as Simon, which would have allowed him to play scenes with Beverlee and Mary Kay - and he had great chemistry with both.

by Anonymousreply 365August 2, 2023 9:27 PM

PS R364 No - Neal was dead long before Simon Frasier at ATWT came on the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 366August 2, 2023 9:27 PM

R360 Felicia Minei Behr basically retired to New Jersey with her husband, who'd been a Technical Director with ABC Sports and Daytime in New York. (He died in 2017.)

Just a few weeks ago, FMB's daughter, Kristina Behr, put up a past photo with an update about her mother's condition on her Facebook page. From July 19, 2023:

[quote] I miss these days.

[quote] In Feb 2020, right before the world shut down, we discovered mom had a tumor the size of a golf ball in her brain. It was glioblastoma- the most common and deadliest forms of brain cancer. For the past three years, she’s endured surgery and brutal treatments, as the disease continues to rob her of nearly everything.

[quote] There is no cure for this cancer, and only 4 drugs have been approved by the FDA to specifically treat glioblastoma since scientists started studying the disease in the 1920’s.

[quote] Today is #GBMDay and I wanted to take a moment to share part of her story to call attention to this disease that has devastated so many families. .. If you can- head to the link below to contact your local Congress member and ask them to support the Glioblastoma Awareness Day Resolution- which will hopefully someday help ensure better treatments and cures for GBM patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367August 2, 2023 9:59 PM

Was FMB hated when she was at AMC? I’ve always read/heard that AMC was the soap with the least backstage drama. Other than the alleged Lucci/SMG and Collins/Kiberd feuds, it seemed like a relatively great environment…until that asshole Frons fucked it all up.

by Anonymousreply 368August 3, 2023 12:25 AM

I remember FMB being well liked by the actors at ABC and I don't remember any big grumbles from the audience about anything. But I think the writers had a more solid footing at that time.

FMB was pretty instantly loathed by ATWT fans, partly because a few of the stories were retreads of what had been done at AMC, and partly because ATWT fans had already been through the whole "let's throw out the existing show" vibe with Black and Decker (or whatever the fuck their real names were).

by Anonymousreply 369August 3, 2023 12:48 AM

And don't forget Susan Batten, cast as Connor Hee Haw Walsh. The entire slate of ABC horribilities should have stayed at ABC.

by Anonymousreply 370August 3, 2023 12:51 AM

Haha, R369. It was actually Black and Stern.

God, they were awful. It became the Sarah & Zoe Hour. The girl playing Zoe was unbearable and the girl playing Sarah Kasnoff (she had one of the tiniest headsI’ve ever seen) wasn’t much better. I think both left the business soon after getting axed from ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 371August 3, 2023 3:04 AM

I'm going to throw out a theory. After Harding Lemay left AW, the show spent years trying to figure out what it was going to be in a post Lemay world. In spite of some brief flashes of goodness, the show didn't get back on track until 1988 when Lemay returned. Maybe ATWT went through something similar after Doug Marland died and the EPs and HWs were just trying anything. Then the show found Hogan Sheffer and things turned around. Maybe FMB did the best she could in a complicated situation.

by Anonymousreply 372August 3, 2023 3:24 AM

Another World never recovered from 90 minutes, Rauch and Lemay's ego. Lemay was a notorious drunk. Yes, his book on AW was scandalous - full of melodrama that he claimed to hate in his soap writing. Petty jealousies of actors, heaping praise on those he deemed 'theater trained' - my God a lot of those folk were hammy to the core. Bay City became a hotbed of New York society types, flowing caftans and talk of social position. Ada and her dish tail were not enough to counter all of that.

by Anonymousreply 373August 3, 2023 7:28 AM

Lemay's AW was a tale of haves and have-nots. Ada and her dish "tail" played an integral role. He brought that energy back during his brief 1988 stint with the Corys vs. the Frames, especially in some great scenes between Rachel and Sharlene (who was much different from his original conception of Sharlene, but he went with it). Lemay have been a drunk, but he produced some amazing soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 374August 3, 2023 11:18 AM

Lemay's return in 1988 gave the show and its stories a focus it hadn't had for years before and never had again after his quick departure. And yes, I believe Swajeski took his bible and used it as her own.

But for a few years, AW was unbelievably rich and nuanced again. I wasn't watching every day at the time - ATWT and GL had great years in there, too (though ATWT was a mess for a lot of 1988 and 1989). But I wish I had been.

by Anonymousreply 375August 3, 2023 2:31 PM

Someone please refresh my memory, but didn't Marland die suddenly and he hadn't disclosed his illness?

by Anonymousreply 376August 3, 2023 2:44 PM

Marland was either having some kind of gall bladder/abdominal surgery - or some reports suggested liposuction - and he suddenly died on the table (cardiac issue, I believe). I don't think he was supposed to have been severely ill prior to that, but he did die unexpectedly.

by Anonymousreply 377August 3, 2023 2:46 PM

I started watching soap operas when Josie was feeling like she wasn't good enough for Matthew. They had met on some teen phone line. Did she call herself "Riviera"? What did Matthew call himself?

Anyway, it was your basic R&J, only no one died, thankfully. I always liked that kind of story, and this one was immediately compelling. I couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I had no idea of the subtext Matthew and Josie were playing, going back generations.

by Anonymousreply 378August 3, 2023 2:54 PM

[quote]I started watching soap operas when Josie was feeling like she wasn't good enough for Matthew. They had met on some teen phone line. Did she call herself "Riviera"?

That storyline started in summer 1988, during the writers strike.

AW came out of that writers strike much better than most shows. NBC Daytime exec Donna Swajeski took over the head writing duties during the strike. She most likely used storyline projections Harding Lemay had submitted just prior to the start of the strike.

When strike was over, Lemay officially became HW, but stayed only two months. He couldn't deal with all the network interference, which apparently had increased greatly since he last held HW duties.

So, AW tapped Donna Swajeski to take over as HW permanently. Again, she most likely used Lemay's long-term story Bible to get many of her storylines.

by Anonymousreply 379August 3, 2023 6:25 PM

I saw Holden, Caleb and Seth in the barn. They were comparin'.

Seth won THAT contest.....

by Anonymousreply 380August 3, 2023 6:42 PM

I know this has been posted before but one of Lemay’s vetoed AW storylines in 1988 was Jason Frame using the Frame farm for human trafficking of babies and young children.

by Anonymousreply 381August 3, 2023 8:02 PM

Jason had children, they should have come to town after he died.

And Ryan should have been Liz Matthews’ grandson Ricky. Liz would NOT have approved of Vicky Hudson.

I loved AW from 1988 until 1991, when Anne Heche and Cali Timmins left. I love Judi Evans but she wasn’t Paulina for me.

Did GL attempt to lure Judi back as a Phillip-less Beth in 1991? She started on AW around the time Vincent Irizarry came back as Nick.

by Anonymousreply 382August 3, 2023 8:10 PM

And yes, l know Judi had a hard time during her first run, but most of the people on the show with her in her direct orbit were gone by then.

by Anonymousreply 383August 3, 2023 8:15 PM

There was something about her time with GL where she just did NOT want to go back, for any reason.

I thought maybe it was a network thing but she did briefly appear at ATWT. NBC seemed to appreciate her more, for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 384August 3, 2023 8:18 PM

Jesus no one was watching Lemay's stuff in 1988. AW was already down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 385August 3, 2023 9:55 PM

Happy birthday to His Pendulousness. Long may he dangle.

by Anonymousreply 386August 6, 2023 9:08 PM

Richard Van Vleet was in the Locher Room last week, but really didn't have much of interest to say.

Richard is 81 now and is having memory issues. So, he couldn't remember the names of any of his co-stars. At one point when he couldn't remember a female co-star's name, Alan suggests it's Lenore Kasdorf and Richard says yes. Then when he couldn't remember a male co-star's name, Alan suggests its Michael Zaslow and Richard says yes.

However, both were wrong on those points. Richard was on as Ed from Sept. 1984 to April 1986. Neither Lenore Kasdorf nor Michael Zaslow was on GL during that period. Sure wish Alan would do his homework before conducting these interviews.

Other than that, he did mention that Ellen Dolan had bad breath at one point and all the co-stars were complaining about her.

He also said he enjoyed his time on GL and wanted to stay, indicating he was offended that he was fired when Peter Simon came back.

As for his AMC days as Chuck, he again couldn't remember the names of his co-stars. However, Richard also claimed he was nominated for two daytime Emmys while on AMC. I didn't recall him ever being nominated and checking on Wikipedia, it also confirms he was not nominated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 7, 2023 10:15 PM

Jeff Phillips, the original Hart Jessup on GL, was also in the Locher Room last week. This was a very good interview. Jeff is sharp and has a strong memory of this time.

Jeff, who was squeaky voiced as Hart in 91-92, is now has a deep, raspy voice. Weird contrast.

He's 55 now and fitness trainer. He's in great shape and looks fantastic.

He didn't have much to say about Michael Zaslow but raved and raved about Beverlee McKinsey. Apparently, he kept in touch with her even after he left GL. He mentioned going to Santa Barbara to visit her after she retired. Also mentioned being friends with Bev's son Scott.

There was no wedding ring on his hand and no mention of a wife or girlfriend at any time during the interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388August 7, 2023 10:23 PM

Wow, Jeff does look great. He sounds like Tom Brokaw now, though! LOL

by Anonymousreply 389August 7, 2023 11:29 PM

R387 RVV sounds like the same pompous asshole he was on GL and I'll be sure to skip his segment!

by Anonymousreply 390August 7, 2023 11:29 PM

Alan Locher also said that Jeff Phillips played the role of Matt Crane on AW.

Jeff gently corrected him saying that he played the character of Matt Cory, a role that had previously been played by Matt Crane.

by Anonymousreply 391August 8, 2023 12:52 AM

R391 Alan really never worked with AW so he's not really up on it at all.

by Anonymousreply 392August 8, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote]Alan really never worked with AW so he's not really up on it at all.

That's why he should do his research before bringing these people on. The info is readily available on the Another World Home Page, as well as Wikipedia and other soap-related sites.

Would take less than ten minutes to look up the info for the introduction.

Same with knowing what years Richard Van Vleet played Ed Bauer on GL.

by Anonymousreply 393August 8, 2023 1:25 AM

If he had done his research on Van Vleet, he wouldn’t have booked him since he’s universally despised by GL fans.

by Anonymousreply 394August 8, 2023 1:41 AM

R394 That part right there! I know of NO ONE who liked his take on Ed.

Understandably a lot of people like Mart Hulswit and some people like Peter Simon....but no one ever says they like VV's Ed. LOL

by Anonymousreply 395August 8, 2023 2:22 PM

Richard VV said a fan told him on Facebook that Susan Pratt had badmouthed him on the Locher Room.

He didn't know what she'd said, but was offended. He mentioned that he'd given her a rid home one time, so couldn't understand why should would say anything bad about him.

What she said in her Locher Room session was he had had a superior attitude with an air of "I was on All My Children" throughout his time on GL.

by Anonymousreply 396August 8, 2023 5:22 PM

That’s an odd position for him to take, since Chuck was at most a supporting character during most of his run-he hadn’t had a front burner storyline in awhile by the time he left-the Palmer/Donma/Chuck triangle had been over for a couple of years by then. It’s not like he was at a Susan Lucci or Dorothy Lyman level of fame.

by Anonymousreply 397August 8, 2023 5:37 PM

GL could have positioned a cardboard cutout of Ed in a corner of the room and still run with his storylines.

by Anonymousreply 398August 8, 2023 5:37 PM

R396 that wasn't badmouthing, that was just being honest!

by Anonymousreply 399August 8, 2023 5:46 PM

I always wondered what Agnes Nixon had against Chuck Tyler. He had a hooker tied around his neck and Agnes refused to give him any story that didn't involve Donna Beck.

by Anonymousreply 400August 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Jay shot back to Susie ‘and you were on GH’

Ouch

by Anonymousreply 401August 8, 2023 5:55 PM

I always thought the problem with Ed was the casting of Peter Simon in 1981. While Simon was a good actor his Ed was wimpy.

They should have brought Robert Gentry back in 1981-he ended his stint on AW then.

With Gentry as Ed, the character could have remained a leading man and RVV never would have been recast.

Instead, Ed became a supporting character and faded into the woodwork for years

by Anonymousreply 402August 8, 2023 6:09 PM

Robert Gentry circa 1981 was sex on a stick.

So, bringing him back as Ed would have sexualized the Ed character in an exciting way. Much like bringing in Leonard Stabb to play Hart in 1993 sexualized that boy-next-door character as Jeff Phillips had played him.

Wonder how Marland would have written Ed differently if they had brought in Gentry.

by Anonymousreply 403August 8, 2023 6:18 PM

It also would have been a nod to the shows history since he was the first adult Ed in the 60s

by Anonymousreply 404August 8, 2023 6:31 PM

Van Vlett said his first day, he was performing a eulogy.

His first air date was Sept. 24, 1984. Whose eulogy would he have been doing?

by Anonymousreply 405August 8, 2023 9:09 PM

It wasn't Bert - she didn't die on screen until 1986.

by Anonymousreply 406August 8, 2023 9:10 PM

Was it Hilary Bauer? Didn’t she die in 1984?

by Anonymousreply 407August 8, 2023 9:11 PM

was that The Dreaming Death?

by Anonymousreply 408August 8, 2023 9:13 PM

[quote]It wasn't Bert - she didn't die on screen until 1986.

But Van Vleet was still there for Bert's funeral. However he and Charita never shared any scenes.

by Anonymousreply 409August 8, 2023 9:13 PM

[quote] However he and Charita never shared any scenes.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they did. Charita was on until 1985 so there had to be a few scenes in there. Maybe not a lot, but a few.

by Anonymousreply 410August 8, 2023 9:16 PM

OMG, was looking for scenes and saw this episode and I remember watching it live!

The part with Alex and her black sister at the end.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411August 8, 2023 9:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 8, 2023 9:23 PM

OP your photo reminds me of another from more than 20 yrs ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 8, 2023 9:29 PM

Charita's final episode aired on Dec. 10, 1984.

But show didn't kill off Bert until March 4, 1986.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 8, 2023 9:34 PM

Gentry did return as Ed - briefly - and bombed out. He was sex on a stick as Phillip Lyons on AW, but the years had not been kind to him. Peter Simon was a better actor, and had a hotness to him when he played Ian on ATWT which cinched him to be the new Ed on GL when Marland complained about Mart Hulswit letting himself go. Since Mart was the first Ed I remembered, and he had a solid chemistry with Charita and Don Stewart, his departure was the one I felt most.

by Anonymousreply 415August 8, 2023 9:38 PM

R408 Hillary was involved in the Dreaming Death storyline, but it was Tony’s and Annabelle’s Haunted Cottage story that brought about her death. Hillary was killed by an exploding music box.

by Anonymousreply 416August 8, 2023 11:29 PM

Kobe and Long hated Marcia Clark, a Marland loyalist. So she go BOOM BOOM!!

by Anonymousreply 417August 9, 2023 12:27 AM

So it was Hillary's funeral that Chuck Tyler was giving the eulogy at on his first day?

I thought Hillary's death came later in the year, at the end of the Susan Piper story.

by Anonymousreply 418August 9, 2023 12:50 AM

Gentry did a good job as Ross on AMC-he was nominated for an Emmy for lead actor, losing to David Canary. If I remember correctly he was HIV positive and was not well when he came back to GL in 1997.

I think he would have been a strong Ed in the 80s. He was sexy on AMC. And he had worked with Beverlee McKinsey on AW-Iris brought his character to town to break up Cecile and Dennis.

by Anonymousreply 419August 9, 2023 12:59 AM

I always liked Peter Simon but he was the Ed I knew, so *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 420August 9, 2023 1:15 AM

No, R418, the Susan Piper story ended several months after Hilary’s death. I vaguely remember Hikary’s last words were “What does this do?” and then she blowed up real good.

by Anonymousreply 421August 9, 2023 1:37 AM

Gentry lost his looks by the mid 1980s-he was brought back from the AIDS abyss by the cocktail in the esrly 1990s but he died relatively recenntly, didn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 422August 9, 2023 1:39 AM

Ed is an interesting character. A father hating, drunk, and wife abuser, but they sort of turned him into a patsy with women just playing him. Mart Hulswit was the only Ed that I knew, but even he wasn't all that interesting, but he was better than Peter Simon.

by Anonymousreply 423August 9, 2023 1:51 AM

R422 yes, at some point during the pandemic.

He was sexy as fuck on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 424August 9, 2023 2:59 AM

Just really can't wrap my head around this being 40 years ago. Just. Can't.

by Anonymousreply 425August 9, 2023 4:12 AM

R16, I always knew we'd lose folks like Joe Mascolo, Peggy McCay and Jeanne Cooper but the last year or so we've lost Jerry verDorn, Lisa Brown, Andrea Evans, and other much younger actors.

Scary how time is going by.

by Anonymousreply 426August 9, 2023 4:29 AM

[quote]Jesus no one was watching Lemay's stuff in 1988.

I was. I was addicted after watching one episode that summer. I couldn't wait until the next day at 2:00. It was my first time wanting to watch a soap.

by Anonymousreply 427August 9, 2023 4:42 AM

I was too. I was glued to my set every day. After eight years, the Another World I'd grown up on was back.

by Anonymousreply 428August 9, 2023 6:50 AM

Robert Gentry worked steadily until the early 90s. After AMC wrote him off, he moved to Generations where he played villain Jordan Hale.

He also had short term roles on Days and B&B in the mid 1990s before returning to GL as Ed in 1997-98.

by Anonymousreply 429August 9, 2023 7:05 AM

R426 here, not sure why I tagged R16; I meant to tag R425

by Anonymousreply 430August 9, 2023 8:05 AM

R426/R430 Lisa remains a shock to me. I loved her work so much and to die at such a young age.

Jerry was able to beat cancer for a long time - his was a surprise but not completely unexpected. And any of the older soap actors, of course, death after 80 is sad but not a complete shock.

by Anonymousreply 431August 9, 2023 1:35 PM

Brief mention of AW in this final Ray Liotta interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 9, 2023 11:52 PM

Ray was such a sweetie as Joey on AW, then he totally blew me away as a polar opposite character in Something Wild. I loved him in the little-seen Dominick and Eugene, too. Sad that he died just when he seemed to be getting noticed by Hollywood again after years of doing cheap B-movies. Thanks for the link, R432, that was a good (and bittersweet) interview.

by Anonymousreply 433August 10, 2023 1:34 AM

Yeah, thanks, R432, I loved that interview.

by Anonymousreply 434August 10, 2023 2:13 AM

You're welcome R434.

I love that he's mentioned Kathleen Widdoes in several interviews over the years. Bless him for being grateful. AW was the most theatrical of the soaps then and he had some decent influences there.

by Anonymousreply 435August 10, 2023 2:29 AM

But he didn’t mention Vicky Dawson or Maeve Kinkead, though, and that’s a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 436August 10, 2023 2:58 AM

In his interview with Terri Conn and Austin Peck today Alan mentioned that he’s doing a tribute to Liz Hubbard next week with Martha Byrne and Scott Bryce. I guess Martha won’t be mentioning her MAGA traitor of a husband.

by Anonymousreply 437August 11, 2023 2:21 AM

Interesting R437.

Just saw the new SOD and they are so wildly inconsistent about honoring people - Liz and Lisa Brown got two pages, Jackie Zeman had 6 and this week, Nic Coster gets 4.

by Anonymousreply 438August 11, 2023 4:14 AM

Nic had a tribute a few weeks ago; this week's is a photo tribute but they couldn't find a shot of him and Susan Sullivan?

That's just dumb.

They usually just pull social quotes and reprint them; long after websites have already done that.

And God Bless Ktae Linder but they'll use her quotes like on M. Tylo but I doubt they ever had story together.

by Anonymousreply 439August 11, 2023 6:33 PM

Interesting mix of stories here.

The hated Rose and Meredith Reade in this ep.

I'm thinking this must be around the time AM was trying to get Harley to marry him to get his inheritance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 11, 2023 6:58 PM

Got around to watching the Van Vleet interview with Alan Locher. Jesus, what a piece of work. Alan looked noticeably uncomfortable and changed the subject away from GL when Van Vleet said Ellen Dolan had bad breath from her garlic and watermelon diet and the exec producer (I’m guessing Gail Kobe) told him she was getting a lot of complaints.. And he ragged on Peter Simon, saying he must have thought he was God’s gift to acting because he left the show to go work in LA and only got to return to GL because his wife was one of the writers.

But his best dish of all was that the young actress who played Melanie Sawyer on AMC, Carol McCluer, was “in a relationship” with the female exec producer (obviously Jacqueline Babbin). And, oh yeah, she had been in a “sect” where the followers had to stay in the apartment with the dead body of the cult leader for two weeks. And the bitch never knew her lines and lied that she could ski when they were on location in Switzerland when she couldn’t.. Haha. I remember once hearing that Alice Haining (Angel on ATWT) was Babbin’s girlfriend when she was Marcy Walker’s replacement on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 441August 13, 2023 1:36 AM

What would make someone think Jackie Babbin was a lesbian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 13, 2023 1:42 AM

[quote] And God Bless Kate Linder but they'll use her quotes like on M. Tylo but I doubt they ever had story together.

Katie's basically Miss Hospitality at Y&R. Perhaps she comforted Tylo after Wilma Jeanne yanked him by the balls or pinched his ass as she was known to do.

by Anonymousreply 443August 13, 2023 2:27 AM

Jacqueline Babbin was the real-life owner of Bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 444August 13, 2023 2:28 AM

Here’s Miss McCluer as Melanie Sawyer with a dreadful day player as a Swiss waiter in the first scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 13, 2023 4:29 AM

I watched about 2 minutes of that Van Vleet interview. It was just too uncomfortable to watch. First of all his internet connection was AOL 1999. And man was Susan Pratt dead on about him. LOL

by Anonymousreply 446August 13, 2023 11:42 AM

Van Vleet made my skin crawl as a viewer and regardless of how much someone may have liked or disliked Peter Simon, he was better than Van Vleet, who was a pompous douchebag and badly miscast for any and every scene Ed did during his run.

Douche canoe then, douche bucket now.

by Anonymousreply 447August 14, 2023 12:06 AM

I have a weird confession but I had an intense sexual dream about Robert Newman this past week!

I was traveling for work and in a hotel......I enjoyed Josh and Reva but was never like the world's biggest fan or anything and hadn't watched him or an old video lately....

....but damn if I didn't have a very detailed dream as if he was in the bed with me. Maybe I'll meet him soon! (ugh, I know, lifts caftan)

Just seem to random. But hot nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 448August 14, 2023 12:17 AM

So it’s a toss-up for me whether it was Newman or Van Vleet who a few cast members were bitching about on Alan’s tribute to Jerry ver Dorn.

by Anonymousreply 449August 14, 2023 1:56 AM

R449 care to elaborate? That was a while back, not sure what you mean

by Anonymousreply 450August 14, 2023 4:15 AM

On paper, Van Vleet was perfect casting. Right age. Handsome, Had already played a doctor on AMC so understood the soap opera grind. Had a fan following from AMC.

In actuality, he was badly miscast. Didn't have the empathy needed for the character. Can across as arrogant and pompous. Made the character unrelatable and unlikable.

Mercifully, show let him go 18 months after he started and brought back Peter Simon.

by Anonymousreply 451August 14, 2023 5:44 AM

R449, Denise Pence and a few others (I forget who ) said there was one actor who thought very highly of himself and that he was too good for soaps. That sounds more like “theater actor” Newman.

by Anonymousreply 452August 14, 2023 10:37 PM

I'd think the actor who thought he was too good for soaps would be Chris Bernau. Newman hadn't done much theater when he first started on GL.

by Anonymousreply 453August 14, 2023 10:38 PM

[quote]That sounds more like “theater actor” Newman.

Newman willingly took a back seat to Zimmer for decades. I don't think his ego is that big.

by Anonymousreply 454August 14, 2023 10:41 PM

Yes, Robert Newman didn't have much theatrical experience.

He may have thought himself "too good" for the soaps in 81-84 and hurried off to Hollywood when his contract was up.

But if there was an ego there, he lost it while in Hollywood in 84-86. He had to go back to soaps to many any money at acting. He had a short term gig on GH as Prescott Harrell in late 1985, then took a 12 week gig on Santa Barbara playing villain Kirk Cranston in spring 1986. Soon after he headed back to Springfield.

by Anonymousreply 455August 14, 2023 11:23 PM

I would guess Pence was speaking about Don Stewart. He seemed quite full on himself.

When I was a ten year old gayling my father (reluctantly) took me to the mall for a personal appearance. Don Stewart and Allen Fawcett signed autographs, etc.

The funniest thing to me was my father’s instant dislike of Stewart, who was a braggart.

by Anonymousreply 456August 14, 2023 11:29 PM

It was definitely Don Stewart. But I don’t think it was because he was a theater actor was he was a “Bauer” and he wasn’t getting a lot of story. They tried paring him with Tina Sloan and evidently he refused because she was too old so they wrote him out. I always wondered why they never brought Hope back. She had so much history and potential story.

by Anonymousreply 457August 14, 2023 11:41 PM

They tried pairing Mike Bauer with Alexandra too.

Don wasn't happy and soon was out the door.

by Anonymousreply 458August 14, 2023 11:47 PM

[quote] I always wondered why they never brought Hope back. She had so much history and potential story.

One of the stupid things GL did in the later years. GL had such a rich history to mine but they hardly ever did it. Elvera Roussel also looked a lot like Bert as she got older.

They should have brought Rita back too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459August 15, 2023 12:43 AM

Ms. Elvera Roussel was asked back to actually play Bert when she porked out like a pig, but her lawyer told her not get amputate her leg (which CBS insisted on).

She cancelled her appointment with the surgeon and remained in obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 460August 15, 2023 1:04 AM

That photo above of Jaqueline Babbin with her pussy, made MY kitty sopping wet!

What a HOTTIE Ms. Babbin was.

by Anonymousreply 461August 15, 2023 1:09 AM

Don Stewart was an idiot.

Beverlee McKinsey was a “get” for Guiding Light in 1984 and a romance with Alex would have given him his first storyline in years.

He must have been a handful. When he left he went to California, and he never acted in a soap again, except for filling in for Nic Coster on Santa Barbara.

Considering the Dobsons gave him his last real storyline on GL, you would have thought they would offered the role of CC Capwell to him, since they had a problem filling that role until Jed Allan was cast in 1986.

by Anonymousreply 462August 15, 2023 1:19 AM

Robert Newman said on The Locher Room that he started out in theater and worked a lot at some rinky dink barn theater in Podunk, USA before going on GL.

by Anonymousreply 463August 15, 2023 2:33 AM

Newman apprenticed at the Barn Theater in rural Michigan in 1981, just before he landed GL, so he didn’t have a lot of theater experience. He did continue to go back to the Barn and do shows for many years, sometimes bringing Zimmer with him.

by Anonymousreply 464August 15, 2023 2:43 AM

Don Stewart and Mart Hulswit were the male stars of GL in the 70's, both incredibly popular. If you newbies starting watching for the 4 Musketeers, Reva, etc. you don't get what Bauer Power meant. Stewart had a reason for his ego, no less than Zimmer had for hers. If some simpleton like Denise Pence took offense, well, who remembers her fat ass?

by Anonymousreply 465August 15, 2023 3:04 AM

Wasn’t the stuck-up tongue kisser soap actor in Tootsie based on Stewart?

by Anonymousreply 466August 15, 2023 3:25 AM

I am sure it is incredibly tough for lead actors who brought the show great acclaim and ratings to be shuffled off to the side for newer/younger characters. But I think you also need to be somewhat self aware. If they were throwing Tina Sloan and Beverlee McKinsey at him, he probably should have taken it. But by that point, wasn't CBS tired of the Bauers anyway?

by Anonymousreply 467August 15, 2023 3:31 AM

Don Stewart was 50 (and looked it) when Pam Long and Gail Kobe arrived.

He was originally to be paired with Alexandra but apparently insulted Pam, Gail and Beverlee, and demanded a more dynamic, younger romantic pairing....even though he hadn't been front burner since the Dobsons wrote the show.

It didn't go over very well, and unfortunately his departure promoted the whole "GL wants to get rid of the Bauers" mythology. It also sorta left McKinsey adrift in terms of her initial story, which was barely noticed as they spent time with Alex and Alan together, and her relationship with Philip and, eventually, with Lujack.

by Anonymousreply 468August 15, 2023 3:37 AM

Mike Bauer's last big storyline came under Marland in 1982.

He was working on some FBI related case with FBI agent Ivy Pierce, played by the much younger Deborah May, They were trying to capture Lucian Galt, who had kidnapped Alan, or something like that.

And yes, Mike and Ivy were a couple. Or if they weren't yet a couple, they were obviously headed that way.

Mike got to do heroics, beat up the bad guy and save Alan. Certainly came across as the hero of the show.

by Anonymousreply 469August 15, 2023 4:19 AM

[quote] He must have been a handful. When he left he went to California, and he never acted in a soap again, except for filling in for Nic Coster on Santa Barbara.

I remember Stewart having a minor role on Y&R around 1998.

by Anonymousreply 470August 15, 2023 11:38 AM

MARY!

I’ve always loved this scene — Sonni has been presumed dead. Alan engineered a reunion and made sure that Reva was a witness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 15, 2023 4:28 PM

I forgot that's how it all started R471. It seems like such a cheap twist (wife comes back from the dead) but that story had years of mileage at GL.

by Anonymousreply 472August 15, 2023 4:46 PM

R471 here — The actual clip is a bit longer, I guess Imgur only lets you upload a certain amount.

I loved the story so much. From the moment Josh appeared (after being in Venezuela) outside the church when Reva ran out on Kyle all the way through I found it really engaging.

At that time the actors used to joke that if Venezuela was mentioned you started to doubt your job security.

by Anonymousreply 473August 15, 2023 5:14 PM

They were sending everyone to Venezuela for a while. Billy and Vanessa I think each went.

by Anonymousreply 474August 15, 2023 5:19 PM

Venezula is where Mindy's husband Kurt Corday died.

by Anonymousreply 475August 15, 2023 5:26 PM

Venezuela?

Maybe that's where that tramp Rita went off to. Haven't seen the town bicycle in years!

by Anonymousreply 476August 15, 2023 11:13 PM

R475 — I don’t remember how Kurt died, was it offscreen? Didn’t hey arrive via Alaska with Roxie?

I vaguely remember some Lewis Oil business story with a deadline. I think Roxie and Billy were involved… it looked like they had pulled off the impossible and met the deadline, only to find out that the deadline wasn’t based on Springfield’s time zone, but the other time zone (Alaska’s? Venezuela’s?).

by Anonymousreply 477August 16, 2023 11:48 AM

^^hey should be he

by Anonymousreply 478August 16, 2023 11:49 AM

R476

Dear Bertha,

Strumpet Rita Stapleton might have wound up in South America. We last tracked her to San Francisco, but they do have an international airport…

You didn’t hear it from me, but a few years ago there were some sightings of vixen Rita’s son William Edward Alan posting IG thirst traps from Venezuela.

Yours,

I’ve arrested all of Lillian’s family and I still only got one mediocre lunch date

by Anonymousreply 479August 16, 2023 11:56 AM

R479 Captain Wyatt, you are to be commended for your consistent, fine work on behalf of all of Springfield.

I'm sorry Ms. Raines has been so resistant to your wiles. She seems to be a collection of poor choices....including her hairstyle. I'd help you myself but alas, my muffin shop closed years ago.

If you find Rita, though, you'll be in lucky. If you look her directly in the eyes for more than 3 seconds, she'll open wider than the Golden Arches!

by Anonymousreply 480August 16, 2023 2:00 PM

Today is the Liz Hubbard tribute in the Locher Room.

Featuring Scott Bryce (don't say "Scotty Bryce" or some queen here will absolutely lose every molecule of her shit!) and Lady Jailbird herself, Martha Byrne.

by Anonymousreply 481August 16, 2023 2:32 PM

This is who they put in charge to Exec Produce. What a moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482August 16, 2023 6:42 PM

They needed a warm body you simp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 16, 2023 6:43 PM

She is literally the dumbest person alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484August 16, 2023 6:49 PM

{quote] Today is the Liz Hubbard tribute in the Locher Room.

I laughed when I saw "Alan (He/Him)" on the screen.

Was there any question?

by Anonymousreply 485August 17, 2023 1:21 AM

Is she fucking kidding? She left AMC because she didn’t think she was “beautiful enough” to play Karen? Who was a downtrodden young mother who ended up being diagnosed with HIV and later died?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 17, 2023 3:20 AM

Cindy was the downtrodden AIDS sufferer. AMC created the role of Karen, Cindy’s twin, to keep Ellen Wheeler around. Karen was supposed to be a schemer but it was a flop and she left town.

by Anonymousreply 487August 17, 2023 3:31 AM

Oh, right. Uhhh…OK.

by Anonymousreply 488August 17, 2023 4:14 AM

I still can't believe Wheeler - Little Miss Peace and love and let's build happy Habitat for Humanity houses - she of the There Is A Destiny That Makes Us Brothers era of GL - went on to work for, of all people, GLENN FUCKING BECK.

by Anonymousreply 489August 17, 2023 4:31 AM

R489 Actors will let you down. every single time.

Every. Single. Time.

by Anonymousreply 490August 17, 2023 4:40 AM

Anyone watch the Liz Hubbard tribute yet?

Any good dirt spilled?

by Anonymousreply 491August 17, 2023 6:22 PM

Bryce had technical difficulties for a bit but then he got in.

He referenced the May 1986 scene in the stables; Sierra ran off on Craig, telling him it could never work; she was wed to Toni; poor guy is going to snap in half. Enter Lucinda. What are you doing here? "I own the stables."

It was intense and has since been yanked off YouTube. But it was so twisted. She made a move; he pulled away. Then, he moved in on her; and she let him; She let her head go back in almost a manical way, let out a laugh.

The show scored the scene with a jazzy sexy version of the ATWT disco theme.

Great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 492August 17, 2023 9:10 PM

Alan Locher is going to have Jennifer Ashe on soon. I’m really excited for that interview. I love her so much. She was great on Loving and she WAS Meg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493August 18, 2023 6:22 PM

Did Jennifer Ashe go MAGA or am I thinking of Finn Carter

by Anonymousreply 494August 18, 2023 7:04 PM

R494 That was Finn I think.

She dated Michael Swan for a while - a man who I used to think was insanely hot but his MAGAdom killed that boner for sure.

by Anonymousreply 495August 18, 2023 8:17 PM

Jennifer Ashe doesn't do much politics on her socials, but she retweeted criticisms of Dump issued by Eric Holder, and she also showed support for Biden's statement on trans being able to serve in the military.

by Anonymousreply 496August 18, 2023 8:33 PM

Got it-I always get Jennifer Ashe and Finn Carter confused, probably because their characters were both blondes that married Tonio.

by Anonymousreply 497August 18, 2023 9:14 PM

Swan looked amazing at - like 60 something or maybe even 70. But yeah, he went WAY off the right wing fundie lemming cliff.

He fucked a lot of costars at ATWT, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 18, 2023 9:18 PM

Beverlee McKinsey in Hawaii Five 0, 1969.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Is Finn still channeling the "Ty Pennington Might Be Lesbian" look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500August 19, 2023 9:06 PM

I thought the Liz Hubbard tribute was very disappointing. It was just Martha Byrne and Scott Bryce talking in circles about how Liz was a great teacher and mentor and also unpredictable to work with. Alan should have had on a variety of people who worked with Liz over the years, like the Dutch actress who played her daughter on Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden.

by Anonymousreply 501August 20, 2023 3:56 AM

Fiona Hutchinson looked great in her recent Locher Room visit.

by Anonymousreply 502August 22, 2023 7:49 PM

I suppose we'll have to make a new thread soon.

On the one hand, there's only a few of us that can post now.

But on the other hand, we don't have to deal with The Demented Troll here. So blissfully quiet.

by Anonymousreply 503August 22, 2023 7:50 PM

Fiona is simply a gem of a human, and just very honest- without being offensive. Love that lady.

by Anonymousreply 504August 22, 2023 8:27 PM

I'm waiting to hear it from a reliable source, but supposedly Nancy Frangione is dead. I propose that once it's for sure, we dedicate the next thread to the Queen of Tanquir.

by Anonymousreply 505August 23, 2023 3:34 AM

Obituary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506August 23, 2023 3:40 AM

Let’s all take a moment to think of the Queen if Tanquir.

by Anonymousreply 507August 23, 2023 3:44 AM

very sad news!😱🥲

by Anonymousreply 508August 23, 2023 4:09 AM

Damn it.

To Cecile. And to Nancy.

*raises toast*

by Anonymousreply 509August 23, 2023 4:52 AM

Anne Heche and Nancy in a scene with Connie Ford and Anna Stuart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 23, 2023 5:12 AM

"You're a bitch Cecile. You always were and you always will be!"

Go to 6:00

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511August 23, 2023 7:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512August 23, 2023 7:56 AM

She was boring as Tara on AMC, but that was a thankless role that should have always been played by Karen Gorney, for better or worse. I loved Susan Keith as Cecile on AW, and the transformation to a schemer worked well with SK, but Nancy was a revelation as Cecile. Scheming, screwball comedy, empathy, Nancy was a gold mine. The scene where she and Linda Dano went undercover as nuns, to investigate David Thatcher's murder, were a riot. Nuns with full finger nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 513August 23, 2023 8:46 AM

"As God is my witness, I'll never tell the truth again."

by Anonymousreply 514August 23, 2023 11:33 AM

Deadline obit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515August 23, 2023 5:31 PM

Lisa Brown, Jackie Zeman, Andrea Evans and now Nancy Frangione!

What's with this rash of soap greats who were in their late 60s/early 70s dying?

by Anonymousreply 516August 23, 2023 5:45 PM

No, not my 'Cile. Damn, damn damn!!

by Anonymousreply 517August 23, 2023 5:56 PM

R516 I thought the same thing. Very sad that all of them were around the same age.

by Anonymousreply 518August 23, 2023 6:03 PM

Rachel slaps the shit out of Cecile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519August 23, 2023 6:04 PM

Someone started a separate thread about Nancy's death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520August 23, 2023 6:14 PM

R516 Well, the first three were cancer, which can hit at any age.

by Anonymousreply 521August 23, 2023 8:19 PM

We're at the stage where this will be our discussions of these P&G shows....who died now?

*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 522August 24, 2023 3:45 AM

Indeed, R522. I am only going to know who any of the older actors are anyways.

by Anonymousreply 523August 24, 2023 12:06 PM

Michael Park and Trent Dawson......time marches on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 26, 2023 5:24 PM

WOW - IS TRENT STRT?

by Anonymousreply 525August 26, 2023 6:14 PM

R525 Amazingly and shockingly, the answer appears to be yes.

by Anonymousreply 526August 26, 2023 6:18 PM

When people would ask, name a straight guy who acts totally gay, the answer would be Trent.

by Anonymousreply 527August 26, 2023 7:26 PM

I was going to say Michael Park looks pretty good for a guy in his 60s, but then I checked and found out he's only 55.

Trent Dawson reminds me of Dave Foley now.

by Anonymousreply 528August 26, 2023 9:52 PM

Does Park still pick up twinks at the bath house on the way to work?

by Anonymousreply 529August 27, 2023 7:22 AM

I thought he preferred the gloryholes at the arcades?

by Anonymousreply 530August 27, 2023 6:34 PM

Marlena de la Croix's website has a guest columnist talking about soap nostalgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531August 28, 2023 6:03 AM

R531 Nice find.

Well trod ground here.....most of us would love it, of course, and I'd pay a subscription for a P&G based library.

I think the base audience for those old programs is somewhere in the thousands, and not the millions.....probably not enough to compel any of the stakeholders involved to do much. Bless Retro TV for doing work with The Doctors - but it's likely most of the P&G shows will never see the light of day beyond what Roger Newcomb did with them 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 532August 28, 2023 1:52 PM

The success of Dark Shadows on home video has to be the best organized/most profitable. Dan Curtis could have taught P&G some lessons. Of course, DS was only on 5 years. I still watch it when I'm in the mood, even the very beginning with Bill Malloy/Matthew Morgan before the supernatural took over. It's still great to see the original characters and their origins.

by Anonymousreply 533August 28, 2023 2:13 PM

The market for old soaps will shrink every year now that baby boomers are starting to die off.

by Anonymousreply 534August 28, 2023 10:47 PM

The market is not limited to us oldtimers who grew up watching the shows in real time.

There are plenty of younger people who might get into the shows if they knew about them and had access to them.

ATWT didn't play in France, but Luke and Noah had a huge French fanbase thanks to videos being uploaded to YouTube.

Thanks to the Otalia videos on YouTube, Otalia kept gaining followers years after GL was cancelled.

"If you build it, they will come" or perhaps I should say, "if you give them access to it, they will watch it."

by Anonymousreply 535August 29, 2023 2:53 AM

For the most part, the Nuke and Otalia fans in foreign countries and online venues were only interested in watching the edited clips of their couple, and their couple alone. It's not that different than American viewers who would watch edite4d clips of couples like Chryed, Stendan, Aarson (from EastEnders, Hollyoaks, and Emmerdale). Hardly any of these new, younger viewers who were interested in Nuke and Otalia were interested in watching five hours per week of the rest of ATWT and GL. And it mainly has to do with gay content, because fan girls, gay boys, and lesbians are starving for content related to them and search it out.

by Anonymousreply 536August 29, 2023 3:22 AM

Then put together compilations of Cecile's antics, Reva and Josh's love affair, the rise and fall of Carly Tenney, the many faces of gay Jamie Frame, the Hank Elliot story, the Sky Whitney story, etc.

There are many ways to package these videos for consumption.

by Anonymousreply 537August 29, 2023 4:26 AM

Someone's trying to get Jo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538August 30, 2023 2:01 AM

So what should the next thread be about? I thought about a fall theme but people were confused about the reference to seasons in the beginning of this one.

by Anonymousreply 539September 1, 2023 3:38 AM

We have done the Snyder Hubbard Squash, right?

How about something about the late Queen of Tanquir and her trampy ways

by Anonymousreply 540September 1, 2023 3:52 AM

R540 good idea!

by Anonymousreply 541September 1, 2023 3:54 AM

[quote]We have done the Snyder Hubbard Squash, right?

My favorite Hubbard squash moment was when Emma had Lucinda hacksaw her way into one on Thanksgiving one year.

by Anonymousreply 542September 1, 2023 3:55 AM

I was just looking at the Locher Room FB pahe - Jennifer Ashe appears tomorrow.

There's a photo of her now on that page and it really reminds me of.....Elizabeth Hubbard! Something about her eyes look similar to Liz's.

by Anonymousreply 543September 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Working on the new thread but will post this here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544September 2, 2023 12:10 AM

Look at what Martha posted on Twitter. The presidential seal? WTF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545September 2, 2023 1:14 AM

R545 Someone specifically asked her, "Is the President's office helping?" and she replied, "I'll share more soon."

by Anonymousreply 546September 2, 2023 2:28 AM

ACAB

by Anonymousreply 547September 2, 2023 3:01 AM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548September 2, 2023 3:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!