Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Days of our Lives Scandal! Albert Alarr is ACCUSED!

Of positively, permanently creating an abusive work environment for women!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 16, 2023 11:43 PM

I wonder if the actress reduced to tears was Alison Sweeney?

Whoever it was, they were in their early 40s at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2023 5:54 PM

Does he go for much younger women? If so was it Dee Dee Halls?

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2023 6:07 PM

James Scott was so shaken, he left and took his 13 x 8.5 with him.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2023 6:08 PM

MAGA Sweeney used to run that show herself. She would walk out; she has that much power. She has nothing to do with any of this.

Could Martha Madison be the old hag mentioned? Or Bjorlin?

Who are the "major female characters" who have left recently?

MAGA Sweeney, MAGA Banus, and both of those left on their own. They could be referring to Tamara Braun's Ava as a major character since Braun is highly regarded in the soap world. But she coming back, so I doubt it's her.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2023 6:18 PM

DOOL!

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2023 6:25 PM

Kristian Alfonso left soon after Greg Meng was, unexpectedly, let go as Alarr's co-EP in 2020. Probably related.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2023 6:30 PM

[quote] LOOL!

LOOL! :)

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2023 6:36 PM

I wonder if the actor who got the hair trim that upset Alarr so much was Greg Vaughan? I recall one time Greg came back with a buzz cut and looked like he was ready to film a scene for Raging Stallion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2023 6:37 PM

KA could be the one that left. She wasn't in her early 40s then, though.

Greg Vaughan for Raging Stallion would have me shooting onto the ceiling!

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2023 6:40 PM

Sadly DAYS is already on life support. Any energy and controversy focused on the show would probably land it in the cancellation pile.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2023 6:41 PM

They should just fucking cancel it, already.

by Anonymousreply 11July 25, 2023 6:52 PM

r3

EJ is 13 x 8.5... I'm not sure about James though

by Anonymousreply 12July 25, 2023 6:56 PM

Gives NuMeaning to ...

ONLY ON THE COCK !!

by Anonymousreply 13July 25, 2023 6:59 PM

EJ and Will were the hottest. That fantasy......woof.

[quote] EJ is 13 x 8.5... I'm not sure about James though

Please do not ruin my detailed fantas(ies)! LOL

by Anonymousreply 14July 25, 2023 7:03 PM

[quote] LOL

by Anonymousreply 15July 25, 2023 7:11 PM

Is there any evidence that Sweeney is a MAGA? I looked through her FB and didn't see anything.

by Anonymousreply 16July 25, 2023 7:25 PM

It's been reported that she and her husband donate heavily to the Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 17July 25, 2023 7:35 PM

Yes. They were even donating to DUMP post election during the Stop the Steal period leading up to the January 6 Insurrection.

So MAGA Sweeney and husband want to overthrow our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 18July 25, 2023 7:42 PM

She and Martha Byrne can do shots together.

They're both trash married to crooked cops.

by Anonymousreply 19July 25, 2023 7:50 PM

I can't believe this behavior was allowed to continue in the Me Too era, or that Alarr remains employed today.

I've read intimations over the years that Alarr played favorites with stories and air time, but this is the first I've heard of this kind of behavior. Shows you how scared cast & crew have been about their jobs over there.

by Anonymousreply 20July 25, 2023 8:02 PM

RSW is a fave of Alarr, right?

by Anonymousreply 21July 25, 2023 8:06 PM

He tried to force me to wear a ribbon.

Lock him up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 25, 2023 8:11 PM

R22, why will you not wear a ribbon?

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2023 8:15 PM

R23.

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2023 8:15 PM

R22- Satan

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2023 8:37 PM

WEAR THAT DAMN RIBBON, YOU OLD WRINKLED CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2023 8:40 PM

he's seriously as

F

U

G

as the day (or DAYS) is long

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2023 9:37 PM

r27, that’s exactly what I thought when I saw his pic. 😂

by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2023 9:41 PM

Did he force Chandler to show his hole?

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2023 9:57 PM

R27- Sweet baby Jebus! I nearly dropped my phone! He looks like a jungle animal! 🦍😳

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2023 9:59 PM

Chambo.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2023 10:09 PM

R31.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2023 10:50 PM

If they were laying people off for a RIF back in March, then things must not be as rosy financially for "Days on the Cock" as some people like to make out.

by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2023 11:03 PM

Isn't RSW one of Alarr's pets? Maybe if he leaves, RSW will as well

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2023 7:52 PM

This line in the report stands out:

[quote] Another staffer compared the environment Alarr has been fostering to a frat house, with college boys-style sexualized remarks about women normalized as being par for the course when working on DoOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Don't drag RSW into this mess.

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2023 8:06 PM

Don't worry! Dee will protect RSW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2023 8:52 PM

Did he grab Missy Reeves by the pussy?

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2023 9:00 PM

R38 Now, now. That's MY job!

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2023 9:37 PM

R38 by pussy, do you mean Scott Reeves?

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2023 9:57 PM

Leave Scott to me.

I'll make sure he gets home safely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 26, 2023 10:15 PM

r38, the fat face sexual predator probably offered Melissa some Chick-fil-A if she let him do it.

by Anonymousreply 42July 26, 2023 10:46 PM

I'm starting to think that Kristin Alfonso IS the person mentioned in this report. Timing works out.

by Anonymousreply 43July 26, 2023 11:20 PM

I don’t think Alison Sweeney is MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2023 12:05 AM

R43- KA has not been in her early 40s since the Bush admin,

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2023 12:06 AM

MAGA Sweeney and her husband support the Republican Party and Trump with their $$$.

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2023 12:36 AM

Gabi is being recast.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2023 12:36 AM

[quote] I don’t think Alison Sweeney is MAGA.

Oh, but "Mrs. Alison Sanov" definitely is .. LOOL.

And before DUMP ran for president, Sweeney was supporting that anti-gay rethug, Marco Rubio.

And here in Los Angeles, Sweeney doesn't even live in Rep. Maxine Water's congressional district, but the Magats LOATHE Waters so much that when she was up for reelection, Sweeney donated to the Rethug running against her.

Of course, that was a TOTAL waste of money. Plus, the perennial loser-candidate that Sweeney was supporting. Omar Navarro, is a total nutjob himself. He's even been arrested for stalking his girlfriend.

This is the kind of guy Sweeney wants to put in congress in a district she doesn't even live in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2023 12:46 AM

I think the actress was probably Martha Madison and the love scene they were talking about was the one with Dan F.

My take on this entire thing is that the actors on the show, fearing show cancellation, kept a lot of this stuff from their union reps. Not blaming them, but that's what I think. Also, I thought Albert Alarr should have been gone years ago. He's not a very good producer, asshole tendencies or not.

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2023 12:49 AM

[quote] LOOL

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2023 1:03 AM

R50.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2023 1:05 AM

"Well, this took a long time...the last time I went over there and did that week on Peacock I couldn't believe the work environment," Lisa Rinna wrote on a since-deleted Instagram Story.

She elaborated further on Threads, noting that she was "shocked by the hostile environment."

"I was afraid for the young actors who had to continue to work there," the Melrose Place vet wrote. "I went to the producer, I even spoke with Sony HR. I wonder where the union is in this and how was this left unchecked?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2023 1:17 PM

Conveniently, Rinna's phone must've been off then, too.

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2023 4:00 PM

There's been more than one abusive EP at the two Sony soaps. Y&R suffered through Mal Young, and the case against ex-EP Anthony Morina is still in the courts, and now this environment at Days under Alarr. Obviously, Steve Kent doesn't have a handle on workplace environment. He should be shown the door for incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2023 7:05 PM

Probably a good two thirds of all soap EPs that ever were or are could be considered somewhat abusive or fostering a toxic work environment.

We'll name the award for this particular badge of "Honor" the Paul Rauch Leadership Award.

Paul has the gold plated VIP seat, of course, but many others would appear on that list, including but not limited to Mal Young and Anthony Morina, John Conboy, Chris Goutman (later years at ATWT), Joe Stuart, and many more. (And Christ knows Jill Demon Phelps was no cuppa tea, either)

Alarr sounds particularly heinous, though.

This all begs the question: Where is Ken Corday? Is he just counting pennies while others do the heavy lifting, waiting for DAYS to die?

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2023 8:51 PM

Where are teh Bells, R55?

by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2023 10:16 PM

r56

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2023 10:19 PM

R56 Ever since MAB got the boot, I think The Bells have pretty much stepped back from Y&R. .. LLB does a photo op and some PR now and again, while Bradley might walk across the studio hall for an anniversary party, but that's about it. .. Junior appears to be on full-time vacation.

The three Baby Bells own B&B 100% via Bell-Phillip Productions, and it's my understanding that they see that soap as their parents true legacy and the one that is theirs to keep going.

As for Y&R, they cash the check.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2023 10:40 PM

The article says:

[quote] The gender disparity regarding staff reductions, the trade site claims, was very noticeable with cast members, with seven women being let go who were contract players, five being let go or dropped to recurring, two exiting the show of their own accord and one male actor being laid off.

So who got the bOOt?

by Anonymousreply 59July 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Yes there have been rumors of Albert Alarr's onset behavior for years, so it's interesting that it's coming to the surface now, unless the whistleblower felt they couldn't go to NBC with this information, so they waited until DOOL was riding the cock to come forward. They also said this resulted in a nine-week investigation, so someone went undercover.

On a more shallow note, Dee Dee looks amazing in R22's pic. She had to be at least about 50 years old then (or close to it).

by Anonymousreply 60July 28, 2023 11:10 AM

R48 LOOL yes Mrs. Alison Sanov is used as a way to protect her private identity from her public persona of Alison Sweeney. Pretty good detective work; are you possibly one of the ones involved in the undoing of Mr. Albert Alarr? 😆

by Anonymousreply 61July 28, 2023 11:14 AM

How did Dee Dee stand for it? She should have broken his arm

by Anonymousreply 62July 28, 2023 11:19 AM

Hunter Tylo claimed that Stephen Nichols harassed her and when she didn't give into his demands, he made sure that she was fired as Marina Toscano in the early 1990's. However, Hunter has history of being considered "problematic" and has been described as being somewhat of a "mess mentally" or a "wackadoodle" so it was taken as a grain of salt when she mentioned it in her book years ago. Now it's being resurfaced as a case of DOOL fostering that bad frat boy behavior, along with Crystal Chappell's choking claims against Robert Kelker-Kelly, among others, etc.

by Anonymousreply 63July 28, 2023 11:20 AM

BELIEVE ALL WOMEN! NO DEBATE!

by Anonymousreply 64July 28, 2023 12:07 PM

Alarr was a bad producer, but you do need a strong producer who knows how to handle actors - who can be, well... a lot. Did you guys see Melissa Archer's tweets about her time at OLTL? It sounds like Frank Valentini is kind of a douche.

by Anonymousreply 65July 28, 2023 12:44 PM

R65 Kind of? Lol that's putting it mildly. In all seriousness though yeah Frank has been an asshole for years, at OLTL and GH. Alot of ppl think it's too little too late for Melissa Archer to voice her opinions about it now, however better late than never. Truthfully speaking, if several actors were to speak up about their negative experiences with Frank, he could be fired from GH, if their voices are loud enough.

by Anonymousreply 66July 28, 2023 12:48 PM

Can someone say more about Melissa Archer's tweets? I've heard mostly neutral to positive things about Frank - beyond his cheapness and obsession with cutting budget. So I'm interested to know more.

by Anonymousreply 67July 28, 2023 2:09 PM

She wouldn't sign a new contract because of money. There was this feeling at ABC that actresses over 40 weren't wanted, so (even though was well under 40) she was trying to get herself set for the eventual. She wouldn't sign and Frank basically told her that she should sign the contract because she wouldn't get any work elsewhere. She still wouldn't sign and they eventually went back to the negotiating table. Frank also started casting her replacement. Usually when a recast is done, they're given a different character name, but he made no secret that he was trying to recast her part.

Then Kim Zimmer told how she said something negative in print about Frank and he hasn't spoken to her since. Michael Logan backed up her statement. It was about dressing rooms. Also she mentioned how little she was making on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 68July 28, 2023 2:18 PM

Interesting, thanks R68.

I'm sure the petty queen and the prissy Italian kicks in with Frank. He definitely seemed to favor men, twinks and young women on his shows.

But I think most EPs end up sniffing their own farts, so to speak, and become rules of their own little fiefdoms.

by Anonymousreply 69July 28, 2023 2:22 PM

R68 Didn't Kim Zimmer's dressing room debacle had to do with her asking Frank why was she sharing dressing rooms lol when she expected to have her own, which in turn pissed him off? She's a fan of GH, and even though she's semi-retired, apparently she'd be open to doing a guest stint, however Frank won't allow it. Same goes for Robin Strasser; Frank refuses to let her guest star as well.

by Anonymousreply 70July 28, 2023 3:13 PM

Strasser pissed him off enough that he had her off OLTL months before it ended.

by Anonymousreply 71July 28, 2023 3:15 PM

R69 At first I was going to ask who's the "Petty Queen" and "Prissy Italian" that were referenced, like they were code names for a couple of OLTL or GH actors, until I realized you're referring to Frank 😆 😆 yeah those are two ways to describe him. And I've heard the exact same things about him over the years, favoring men, younger men and younger women, with a few exceptions (like if he's fans of their work and/or they're really close to him, such as Michelle Stafford was when she first joined GH, who became one of his best friends, only to fall out with him after "allegedly" yelling at him for asking her to take a pay cut when it was time to renew her contract)

by Anonymousreply 72July 28, 2023 3:19 PM

R71 I remember that 😂

by Anonymousreply 73July 28, 2023 3:21 PM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/27 **14** Complicit: Want to keep working on this show (“Days Of Our Lives“)? Do whatever the executive in charge says and turn a blind eye to what he does. Want to work on a different show, but the same field? Don't ever say anything bad about the executive (Albert Alarr). This former actress turned reality star (Lisa Rinna) got a stark reminder of that when she posted something negative to social media and took it down very quickly.

Everyone covers for the executive. Does he have a casting couch? Yes. Does he sexually harass subordinates? Every single day. Does he care? No he does not. Despite what has been recently said about him, he knows his job is not in danger. He produces results and deals with talent and crew and gets it all done way under budget. He is a huge profit earner for the big company (“Sony”) and everyone knows if this show goes down, the whole industry (“Soap Operas”) goes down. Thousands of people would be out of work. Thousands of high paying jobs gone in a flash. There was already one downturn. They don't want extinction. There are ancillary companies that only survive because of this industry.

So, whatever pushback might be normal, is not so in this case. There is no independent third party to put pressure on the executive. There are no harsh words. The survival of so many rely on them being complicit in everything bad that occurs. Things are so complicit that reporting from specific publications choose to not even mention anything about bad things that go on, let alone things that are being reported in the past week. If they did, they would be writing their own pink slips, plus they would never be allowed to interview anyone from the show he controls. It is a fiefdom made for abuse and everyone watches it happen, but are only looking out for themselves.

“Days Of Our Lives”/Albert Alarr/Lisa Rinna/”Sony”/”Soap Operas” (‘Days Of Our Lives’ Staff Cuts & Work Environment Scrutinized As Co-EP Albert Alarr Faced Misconduct Investigation) (Lisa Rinna Reacts To Albert Alarr Misconduct Probe: ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Work Environment “Was Disgusting”)

by Anonymousreply 74July 28, 2023 3:24 PM

As much as Ron gets shit on here, he seems to be the opposite of FV in terms of who he favors. I know he's not a producer, but as a writer, he focuses on the show's veteran actors.

It's apparent he worships all things Deidre (and Mary Beth, Drake and Stephen).

by Anonymousreply 75July 28, 2023 3:25 PM

Ron is OK. I think he's like David Kreizman was at GL - inventive ideas that last a few weeks, but he has no idea how to write long term stuff.

But yes, he appreciates the history.

by Anonymousreply 76July 28, 2023 3:28 PM

Ron definitely respects history and likes to make use of the entire cast, instead of revolving the show around a certain small group of characters while everyone else remains in the background. That's exactly why Maurice Benard organized a mutiny to have Ron fired from GH, for he felt that Ron wasn't a fan of his, since Ron wasn't writing everything revolving around Sonny, or having Sonny always winning.

by Anonymousreply 77July 28, 2023 3:35 PM

R76 Not a David "Soap Killer" Kreizman reference 😆 him and his frequent writing partner Donna Swajeski were notoriously labeled as "soap opera killers" for ruining the soap genre back then.

by Anonymousreply 78July 28, 2023 3:39 PM

R78 Oh, I agree, Kreizman killed what he touched.

I didn't think he was the worst writer in the world BUT he was a terrible SOAP writer, and had no idea how to structure a soap story. Carlivati doesn't either. They create(d) big splashes that capture attention for a few days and then *limp dick* peter out into nothingness.

by Anonymousreply 79July 28, 2023 3:59 PM

I love Ron, but he does get crushes on certain actors, like when he turned OLTL into The John Brotherton Show.

After Brotherton, Ron turned it into The David A. Gregory Show.

by Anonymousreply 80July 28, 2023 4:10 PM

Meanwhile, Frank was hard for Triscuit.

by Anonymousreply 81July 28, 2023 4:17 PM

Ron has his "issues", but I kind of figured that Frank was a douche by the way that whole Ron situation went down over at GH. Some key actors didn't like the campy stuff, which was fair, but it appears that Ron didn't have Frank's back at all. Now I wonder what some of those people are making over at GH. If Frank is that tight with money.

But back to Days. I cut Days a lot of slack because of their budget, but Alarr's management clearly impacts the way the show is written. I think Ron has made some mistakes, but if he's getting mixed signals and a lot of notes from Alarr, it shows up in story.

by Anonymousreply 82July 28, 2023 4:36 PM

R79 Pretty good assessments, all the way down to the limp dick 😆 Kreizman was like 29 when he first got hired as hw at GL, and there were a lot of rumblings about him being too young and inexperienced to spearhead a soap. From then on he continued to make one bad decision after the next in his other head writing gigs. He wasn't even good enough to last more than a year and a half as head writer of the WWE

by Anonymousreply 83July 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Remember when that Gay Tommy C wrote for WWE?

Wasn’t he a soap queen, too?

by Anonymousreply 84July 28, 2023 5:20 PM

R80 Gary Tomlin also seemed to have a crush on John Brotherton. When he took over for Ron as hw when the writers were out striking from 07-08, Jared was still front and center. Frank seemed to have hard-ons for him and David Gregory too, or at least semi hard-ons since he greenlit both "The John Brotherton Show" and "The David Gregory Show" 😆 and yes R81 Triscuit was very close to his Uncle Frank.

by Anonymousreply 85July 28, 2023 5:21 PM

Remember 2008 when DAYS EP Ed Scott was screwing that Morgan chick? And letting MAGA Sweeney write the show?

by Anonymousreply 86July 28, 2023 5:27 PM

R82 You mean Frank didn't have Ron's back? Not only did he not have his back, Frank's the one who "allegedly" stabbed Ron in the back and threw him under the bus to save his own ass when Maurice and those other actors banded together. Frank let Ron fall on the sword and fired him to keep himself in his position. Then he started kissing Maurice's ass heavily to prevent the same thing that happened to Ron from happening to him.

GH is on a strict budget, which is another reason why they kept Frank in his position, he knows how to manage the budget, and run a tight ship. They're supposedly not earning as much as they once were over there, Frank is even known to request certain actors take pay cuts when it's time to renegotiate their contracts. That's what happened with Kristen Anderson, she walked when Frank tried to offer her $1000 an episode I believe, which was down from what she was making while in her then current contract cycle ($1500 an episode with a three day guarantee weekly if I'm not mistaken)

by Anonymousreply 87July 28, 2023 5:30 PM

R84 Who's Tommy C.?

by Anonymousreply 88July 28, 2023 5:31 PM

Tommy Cassielo, not sure of the spelling.

I think he wrote for Y&R.

He was at WWE for awhile. 2012?

by Anonymousreply 89July 28, 2023 5:38 PM

He has his own Wikipedia page???

I remember he was buddies with Nellie Branco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 28, 2023 5:40 PM

Tom Casiello wrote for WWE for several years.

And I don't think he was ever "buddies" with Nellie Branco.

by Anonymousreply 91July 28, 2023 6:03 PM

Back in 2012 they were buddies.

by Anonymousreply 92July 28, 2023 6:09 PM

Tom Casiello wrote a blog about soaps in the late 2000s. Tried to offer insights as to why things were done certain ways in the soap business.

As I recall, he got his start at ATWT and later was a writer at Y&R during the MAB years, at least part of MAB's tenure.

by Anonymousreply 93July 28, 2023 6:10 PM

Damn R89 R90 R91 R92 R93 you guys are pretty quick lol thanks

by Anonymousreply 94July 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Casiello was an apologist for everything. Weak and spineless.

by Anonymousreply 95July 28, 2023 6:27 PM

Casiello was a water carrier for TomSell and even praised them for having Will walk back his out-and-proud gayness in their second episode in 2012, having Will screw Gabi after coming out proudly during the MarDar run.

Cassie said it was “soapy.”

by Anonymousreply 96July 28, 2023 6:30 PM

LMAO. Sounds very soap stanny.

by Anonymousreply 97July 28, 2023 6:32 PM

Someone has a bloody tampon up their twat.

by Anonymousreply 98July 28, 2023 6:32 PM

^^ I don’t know what r97 means.

by Anonymousreply 99July 28, 2023 6:34 PM

Ron Carlivati is a hack

by Anonymousreply 100July 28, 2023 6:34 PM

Dena Higley at r100.

by Anonymousreply 101July 28, 2023 6:38 PM

[quote]You mean Frank didn't have Ron's back?

You are correct.

by Anonymousreply 102July 28, 2023 6:38 PM

r100

he also earned you another emmy for his hack story

by Anonymousreply 103July 28, 2023 7:05 PM

R99 It's just the type of comments that make soap fans look loony. So and So ruined my couple!

For anything after 1995 or so, most writers - even HW - had or have little to no power in dictating where the story goes.

by Anonymousreply 104July 28, 2023 7:21 PM

What do the Emmy voters have against Dee Dee? Is she too much of a star for their high-fallutin' tastes?

by Anonymousreply 105July 28, 2023 7:23 PM

Tom Casiello and TomSell at r104.

by Anonymousreply 106July 28, 2023 7:26 PM

Dee Dee’s a mediocrity, dear/R105.

by Anonymousreply 107July 28, 2023 7:37 PM

Now that Days is on the 'COCK, who do they roll up/report to? Who at the streamer makes decisions in terms of story? Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 108July 28, 2023 7:44 PM

Looney loon at R106. Go eat your feelings.

by Anonymousreply 109July 28, 2023 7:49 PM

As much as I dislike Enty he kinda nailed it in his related post about this.

These are orphan shows, operating in a vacuum until the last pennies are squeezed out of them.

by Anonymousreply 110July 29, 2023 12:56 AM

“Days Of Our Lives, which streams on NBCUniversal’s Peacock platform, is going on an unplanned hiatus. A rep for Peacock confirmed to Deadline that production on the long-running daytime drama has been suspended. For the moment, it’s for one week, I hear. DoOL, which is dark this week, was slated to resume filming July 31. It will not remain dark until at least Aug.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 29, 2023 2:07 AM

It will NOW remain dark until Aug 7.

(Deadline never edits its articles)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 29, 2023 3:25 AM

Honestly, suspending production for a week is going to accomplish what

by Anonymousreply 113July 29, 2023 4:12 AM

It will give Sony/Corday time to decide if they can replace him with someone capable enough to make the show happen and make the trains run on time.

by Anonymousreply 114July 29, 2023 4:15 AM

....and DAYS has enough episodes filmed that they could take several more weeks of hiatus without really getting worried about production.

by Anonymousreply 115July 29, 2023 4:17 AM

Is Ron still writing for Days? Anyone have any intel on the beef with DL Fave Sue Haskell. I know he totally butchered her character and she was infuriated. But did it cause a firing?

by Anonymousreply 116July 29, 2023 4:23 AM

I never heard Haskell had a falling out with him.

Her husband is stinking up B&B

by Anonymousreply 117July 29, 2023 4:39 AM

He destroyed the Marty character. A beloved character who had a marvelous character arc and had the flagship story in the history of the show outside of Karen's prostitution and Viki's DID, by having her go psycho for his pet John McBain. She didn't participate in the oral history of the show because of it. It was widely reported neither she or many of the other actors were happy about it but it's unknown whether it got her fired.

by Anonymousreply 118July 29, 2023 4:48 AM

Not defending the choices made with John McBain or Marty, but was McBain Ron's pet or Frank's pet? I think sometimes we have to ask ourselves, who really drives story on these shows? But we all know that Ron does love to write crazy women.

by Anonymousreply 119July 29, 2023 4:53 AM

R108 I think where Peacock is concerned they report into Kelly Campbell. Anyway, Campbell is the one seen at the Daytime Emmys with Corday last year. (Photo below.)

Campbell has underlings, though. One of them is named Shannon Willett, But I think Willett's role is more marketing, She attended the 2022 "Day of Days" event as the Peacock rep. Another one who's responsible for programming and transitioning shows from NBC to Peacock is Brian Henderson. Info on their hiring in 2022 in next post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 29, 2023 5:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 29, 2023 5:03 AM

I thought Haskell was boring as shit.

Debbi Morgan was robbed that year they were both nominated at the Daytime Emmys.

Thorsten is to Ronn Moss what John Bolger was to Grant Aleksander.

by Anonymousreply 122July 29, 2023 5:16 AM

R122 Haskell is widely respected in the daytime community. That's why she has two Emmys. Martha Byrne and Sarah Browne both turned down the recast because they didn't want to mess with the character. And both praised her.

by Anonymousreply 123July 29, 2023 5:20 AM

R122- Haskell's work that year was insanely good. I knew she could win the emmy when those scenes were airing many months prior. +But+I thought she would probably not even get nominated- I knew if she was nominated she would win. And I know Debbie was amazing that year, but I knew Susan's scenes were going to win it. No one else did. Everyone said it was Debbie's to lose. Susan was an amazing actress on OLTL-

by Anonymousreply 124July 29, 2023 5:41 AM

R113 you nasty cunt, it will stop that ugly producer troll from touching my titties and telling me to remember what it was like being young and hot and "fuckworthy"!

by Anonymousreply 125July 29, 2023 5:45 AM

R124 she's actually widely respected in the daytime community. Martha Byrne said she was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 126July 29, 2023 5:47 AM

I love that R126. Susan Haskell is in my top 10 of all time up there with Fiona Hutchinson, Susan Flannery, Beverly McKinsey.. She is an amazing and extremely ---real--- actress. Its a horrible word, but she is RAW- she's awesome. I wish she would start acting again-

by Anonymousreply 127July 29, 2023 5:52 AM

Fun fact. Hilary Smith and Sue are still BFF. They're in each others lives. Cat Hickland is friends with both too

by Anonymousreply 128July 29, 2023 5:53 AM

That's pretty cool

by Anonymousreply 129July 29, 2023 6:01 AM

Just curious R74 & R110...when did ENTY originally post that Blind Item?? Posting it on 7/27/23 isn't exactly prescient.

by Anonymousreply 130July 29, 2023 6:23 AM

Carlivati did Haskell wrong. She has every right to be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 131July 29, 2023 6:33 AM

Enty's had his eye on this show previously. Recall, he did the Daytime Deviants blind item about DOOL over six years ago, making it sound like all the crap going on behind the scenes at Days is part of its "culture." He even wrote back then, "It is without a doubt the worst show out there with the way it treats people." He even seemed to be laying actor, Brad Bufanda's then recent-suicide on Days because of what had happened to him when he'd been on the show years ago.

by Anonymousreply 132July 29, 2023 7:28 AM

Okay, I don't know who those people are (I haven't watched/followed DAYS in years)...so I will just say....R.I.P. AL RABIN!! It's difficult to imagine this kind of shit happening with Al Rabin, on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 133July 29, 2023 8:52 AM

[quote] Thorsten is to Ronn Moss what John Bolger was to Grant Aleksander.

How dare you!

Bolger has talent and had looks. He was gorgeous. Sure, he wasn't Philip, but he deserved better,

Kaye is a low energy lump that lost his looks a long time ago. Now he's fat and bloated with a bad weave. His character declares love with all the passion of a man at the fridge door saying, "What's for dinner?"

by Anonymousreply 134July 29, 2023 1:46 PM

And his American accent is still shitty.

by Anonymousreply 135July 29, 2023 2:38 PM

R116 Ron is pro-union and is not writing during the strike. Instead he and his husband are entertaining twinks out at their home in the Hamptons .. LOOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 29, 2023 8:33 PM

J'Accuse Albert Alarr....

of making me look old and dykey!

by Anonymousreply 137July 30, 2023 10:48 AM

Alarr has probably kept the books so discretely that no one will be able to figure them out if he's fired.

by Anonymousreply 138July 30, 2023 4:28 PM

R125 You misunderstood lol it should take longer than a week to continue with their investigation, so why not just temporarily get rid of Alarr instead of suspending production? I know its easier said than done, however in light of the allegations being brought against him, he should be sidelined, not their entire show. Everyone shouldn't have to suffer because of him.

by Anonymousreply 139August 1, 2023 9:12 PM

R123 Wasn't the Marty recast played by the same actress who took Lesli Kay's place as Molly on ATWT, Christina Chambers? I remember that she was pretty bad as both Molly and Marty.

by Anonymousreply 140August 1, 2023 9:16 PM

There's a rumor that Maria Arena Bell is the temp hw and will now pull double duty as the temp EP

by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2023 5:41 AM

r141, AWWW SHIT! 🙁

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2023 5:47 AM

AMPTP has reached out to the WGA, they're interested in resuming discussions in regards to negotiations. They're scheduled to meet this Friday.

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2023 5:49 AM

R142 😆 it's just a rumor, it's still unconfirmed.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2023 5:49 AM

MAB and Steve Kent don't get along. Plus, she and Bill Junior live for one vacation after another.

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2023 5:58 AM

R145 It's an internet rumor lol there's another one that it's Jill Farren Phelps in as EP. She recently had lunch the other day with James Patrick Stuart and Michael E. Knight; some added fuel to those rumors by saying she was meeting with them in an effort to poach them from GH while bringing them over to DOOL

by Anonymousreply 146August 2, 2023 7:11 AM

Then there's also the possibility of the striking ending sooner than expected, so Ron could be back in the head writers seat quicker than anyone anticipated

by Anonymousreply 147August 2, 2023 7:14 AM

DAYS can't afford JFP, or her choices.

by Anonymousreply 148August 2, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote] She recently had lunch the other day with James Patrick Stuart and Michael E. Knight; some added fuel to those rumors by saying she was meeting with them in an effort to poach them from GH while bringing them over to DOOL

Who wants actors in their mid-50s and 60s?

We want to see more hot young ass.

by Anonymousreply 149August 2, 2023 10:45 PM

Days definitely needs more actors who are collecting Social Security in the cast.

As for JPS, his presence enhances any scene he is in. I can easily see him playing Dimitri's father. Or his sugar daddy.

by Anonymousreply 150August 2, 2023 11:05 PM

r149

more importantly, who would they play? JPS might be a good Mike and MEK his gay lover

by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2023 11:33 PM

JFP at Days is a new one - had NOT heard that one yet.

Well, DAYS is a show she has yet to ruin.......I guess the beast must be fed!

RICKY PAULL GOLDIN **IS** Mike Horton!

KALE BROWNE **IS** Roman Brady!

KEVIN MCCLATCHY **IS** EJ Dimera!

by Anonymousreply 152August 2, 2023 11:39 PM

Actually, recast Tim Gibbs in something and I might be OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 153August 2, 2023 11:39 PM

[quote]Well, DAYS is a show she has yet to ruin.......I guess the beast must be fed!

Days and B&B are the shows still on her conquest list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 3, 2023 12:10 AM

Deidre Hall's days are number if JFP becomes Days EP.

by Anonymousreply 155August 3, 2023 12:54 AM

A damn shame to see a soap I've watched since childhood leave behind a legacy of turmoil in its last days. Young gays will never understand the impact Days had on us.

by Anonymousreply 156August 3, 2023 1:08 AM

JFP’s Y&R was thrilling!

And beautiful! The Newman break room was amazing!

Prof. Cowbell IN as Nathan Horton!

by Anonymousreply 157August 3, 2023 1:17 AM

UPDATE ON DEADLINE-

For those of you who watch this show- who was this? which actress- The clues should be enough ( David Bowie outfit)

Actually now that I think about it, the episode probably has not aired yet

EXCLUSIVE: Not much has changed on Days of Our Lives following an investigation into misconduct allegations against co-executive producer/director Albert Alarr and a toxic work environment he and his team allegedly fostered, with Alarr still in charge at the venerable daytime drama.

Now the DoOL cast are taking things into their own hands, with a petition that calls for a new leader on the show, which streams on Peacock. It has been signed by more than 25 cast members to date.

More from Deadline

‘Days Of Our Lives’ Staff Cuts & Work Environment Scrutinized As Co-EP Albert Alarr Faced Misconduct Investigation

Lisa Rinna Reacts To Albert Alarr Misconduct Probe: ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Work Environment “Was Disgusting”

Peacock Gives 'The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip: RHONY Legacy' December Premiere & Pushes 'Ex-Wives Club 2' To 2024

In the document, a copy of which was obtained by Deadline, the actors refer to the “traumatic and disheartening” recent developments on the show chronicled in Deadline’s June 25 report.

“As a result of said actions of the current [co-] executive producer Albert Alarr, mentioned in the report, many of us feel — and will continue to feel — very uncomfortable and distraught should he stay involved with the show,” the petition reads. “Many of us have either been physically or verbally violated by him, including witnessing those objectionable and offensive actions.”

The petition goes on to call for Alarr to be replaced with another director-producer who has the cast’s respect and trust. “We all want to make the most of this significant moment, not just for us in entertainment, but for our loyal viewers and the culture as a whole,” the actors wrote.

DoOL was dark last week, when Deadline’s report was published, and was supposed to return to production this week, with Alarr scheduled to direct his regular Friday episode. At the last minute, the hiatus was extended for a week.

As Deadline reported, the investigation, conducted by DoOL distributor Sony Pictures Television and triggered by a complaint of gender disparity in pay and the recent layoffs on the show, evolved after misconduct allegations against Alarr were raised. About 30-40 people — primarily women — were interviewed in the probe. The accusations against Alarr involved inappropriate comments and touching, including groping and forceful kissing. Our report also included multiple testimonies about Alarr laughing off his improper remarks and mocking the lack of HR presence on the show.

In the days since Deadline published the story, a number of other current and former DoOL staffers corroborated the description of Alarr’s behavior in the piece and shared their own accounts. Everyone who talked with Deadline did so on condition of anonymity, citing the power Alarr still yields on the show and the fear of being retaliated against by him and his team.

New Allegations

The new information includes an incident from a few months ago, in which an actress donned a spangly, somewhat tight-fitting ’70s-style jumpsuit and a David Bowie-style flock-of-seagulls haircut for several scenes.

As the actress was walking off the stage with her male co-star, Alarr “comes walking on the set and in a big booming voice goes, ‘Hey, you big d*ke’,” an insider who was on the set that day told Deadline, adding that the shocking remark caught everyone by surprise, evoking gasps among the actress, her co-star and the crew

by Anonymousreply 158August 3, 2023 1:46 AM

It is very strange that DAYS hasn't locked in on the cast returning and the actors have no idea when to return, after a couple of weeks of no paychecks. We do know that Corday considered the whole thing "resolved" so he might be playing hardball over keeping Alarr, while Peacock cannot possibly find anything short of a firing acceptable. This smells like a possible DAYS cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 159August 3, 2023 1:52 AM

R158

by Anonymousreply 160August 3, 2023 2:11 AM

Something BIG is going on behind the scenes. Yes they have months of pre-taped episodes, but to shut down the entire show? It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 161August 3, 2023 2:24 AM

R157 Cowbell had nothing to do with JFP. That was Lathag, He'd been gone from Y&R for about four years by the time JFP showed up.

by Anonymousreply 162August 3, 2023 5:10 AM

R148 It was just another rumor. Supposedly she has breast cancer

by Anonymousreply 163August 3, 2023 5:52 AM

R149 No argument here 😆

by Anonymousreply 164August 3, 2023 5:54 AM

R152 Yeah it's just a wild rumor. Now that's true about her hiring various buddies if hers on every show she's on lol the infamous "Friends of Jill" lol

by Anonymousreply 165August 3, 2023 5:56 AM

R154 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 166August 3, 2023 5:57 AM

R155 Guess that would also mean any returns as Vivian Alamain are null and void, Lady Strasser.

by Anonymousreply 167August 3, 2023 6:05 AM

R156 That's an excellent point. I wish they would expand their gay scene with younger male characters since Will & Sonny are pretty much out living their "happily ever after." They can bring in more gay characters related to legacy families, or at least one- then center a fresh gay scene around him. Paul and Andrew aren't there regularly while Leo and Dimitri probably aren't going to last since Dimitri is leaving, right? They need an entirely new group of gay Generation Z version of guys to usher them into the present.

by Anonymousreply 168August 3, 2023 6:14 AM

R158 I wouldn't doubt that the actress dressed in the David Bowie outfit was in costume for a Halloween episode set to air in October.

by Anonymousreply 169August 3, 2023 8:03 AM

Oh, yeah, LML! She was awesome, not JFP!

by Anonymousreply 170August 3, 2023 9:29 AM

LML was awful.

by Anonymousreply 171August 3, 2023 9:36 AM

[quote]For those of you who watch this show- who was this? which actress- The clues should be enough ( David Bowie outfit)

It hasn't aired yet, but it's apparently Judi Evans.

by Anonymousreply 172August 3, 2023 12:23 PM

R172

Where was that reported?

by Anonymousreply 173August 3, 2023 1:19 PM

[quote]DAYS can't afford JFP, or her choices.

Yes they can. A good producer can work within any budget. JFP has been out of the business for awhile, so it's not like she can come in and make a bunch of salary demands. Plus, if the show is dealing with an anti-woman environment, you don't hire a male-centric producer like JFP anyway.

The show needs a transformative producer. Someone, who can come in and look at the show and do a total reset.

by Anonymousreply 174August 3, 2023 1:37 PM

Wouldn't the easy/obvious choice be to bring back Greg Meng?

He knows the show and I don't remember reading anything negative about him (in terms of harassment to crew and cast).

Plus, as a gay, he could reinvigorate Salem's gay scene.

by Anonymousreply 175August 3, 2023 1:47 PM

Meng wasn't really an on-set producer, he handled behind-the-scenes stuff like casting and budget.

by Anonymousreply 176August 3, 2023 1:53 PM

And let's not forget Meng's infatuation with Chandler that lead us to that inept replacement Will.

by Anonymousreply 177August 3, 2023 1:57 PM

Yes, I thought Meng was fired after something went down with Chandler.

by Anonymousreply 178August 3, 2023 2:25 PM

[quote]Where was that reported?

Jason47: The actress has been confirmed to be Judi Evans, from a social media post she made earlier this year of her wearing the outfit.

by Anonymousreply 179August 3, 2023 4:58 PM

I loved LML’s version of Y&R. It was the first time characters spoke like normal human beings instead of the nasty Bellspeak dialog.

by Anonymousreply 180August 3, 2023 5:42 PM

I liked Strudel.

by Anonymousreply 181August 3, 2023 5:43 PM

Yeah, I thought Strudel was good, too. I don’t like the tattoos he has now though.

by Anonymousreply 182August 3, 2023 6:06 PM

Right. LML hired a few decent dialogue writers to pen scripts so her craptastic plot driven messes would sound good. She sucked.

by Anonymousreply 183August 3, 2023 6:11 PM

If JFP is going to Days, Stephen Nichols better watch his back.

JFP has fired him twice before -- from GH as Stefan and from Y&R as Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 184August 3, 2023 6:13 PM

Strudel was OK, but as all strudel does, he aged badly and became dry.

Will should be recast with a taller, blonder guy who becomes more of a man stealing hussy like his mama. Will and Sonny were boring as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 185August 3, 2023 6:27 PM

Strudel got so depressed over getting fired , he blew all his money on “body art.” And what nasty art it is.

by Anonymousreply 186August 3, 2023 6:32 PM

I don't know if I "invented" the Strudel nickname (don't think so) but I was one of the first to comment on Guy Wilson's resemblance to the Toaster Strudel, Ja? kid.

Hilarious we still know him as such all these years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 3, 2023 6:39 PM

Does anyone have the pic of Judi Evan’s in the costume in question?

by Anonymousreply 188August 3, 2023 6:41 PM

FCF is still FCF.

No one really uses FOWBF anymore, but my iPhone 📱 remembers it!

by Anonymousreply 189August 3, 2023 6:42 PM

Evans

by Anonymousreply 190August 3, 2023 6:43 PM

Fat Fuck Freddie will forever be a fat fuck.

by Anonymousreply 191August 3, 2023 6:43 PM

FOWBF has been replaced by his alter-ego CHASS.

And now that Days is on The Cock, Chass could probably win a Grabby Award, if Carlivati wrote a scene displaying his full talent.

by Anonymousreply 192August 3, 2023 6:50 PM

And still no one except Days fans know who DYKWIA is.

by Anonymousreply 193August 3, 2023 6:51 PM

DYKWIA!

My iPhone 📱 remembered him, too!!!

GrindrJoey as well!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 194August 3, 2023 6:52 PM

It's appalling that Alarr would say that to anyone in the cast....but something about saying it to Judi Evans -- who has gone through so much SHIT in the past few years -- seems especially awful & infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 195August 3, 2023 8:58 PM

They can have Frank V!

by Anonymousreply 196August 3, 2023 9:01 PM

[quote]I don't know if I "invented" the Strudel nickname (don't think so) but I was one of the first to comment on Guy Wilson's resemblance to the Toaster Strudel, Ja? kid.

You may take the credit. I was the first person to type "Tim O'Tay."

by Anonymousreply 197August 3, 2023 9:16 PM

Didn't MAB create a character on Y&R for one of her friends?

by Anonymousreply 198August 3, 2023 9:19 PM

MAB brought in a lot of out of work actors for short story arcs. Bonnie Franklin was one. I wonder if she was helping some keep health insurance.

by Anonymousreply 199August 3, 2023 9:26 PM

Did MAB create that HOT gay-friendly guy, Stitch? OR Kitch? Whatever, he was HOT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 200August 3, 2023 10:07 PM

Stitch was the best friend of Nikki and Paul's love child --Dylan.

Of course Dylan was played by Steve Burton, who was a Friend of Jill.

by Anonymousreply 201August 3, 2023 10:09 PM

Greg Vaughan is temporarily out after testing positive for Covid-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 3, 2023 10:14 PM

Ivermectin didn't work for MAGA Vaughan?

by Anonymousreply 203August 3, 2023 10:30 PM

So according to someone "in the know" through the soap grapevine aka gossip sites, apparently Fran Drescher and SAG/AFTRA are now involved with this situation and have reached out to DAYS. They've set up meetings with Ken Corday and Steve Kent to get to the bottom of this issue. Not sure of the validity of this lol it seems possible though.

by Anonymousreply 204August 3, 2023 11:59 PM

The soap fan response to the Days scandal has been so freaking over the top and embarrassing. Alarr should be fired, but they're losing their minds because it hasn't happened instantly. It's going to take more than 48 hours to fire an EP with a contract and to hire someone new. Lawyers have to be involved, and interviews with a new EP have to happen. They should be allowed some time to do that without the fans losing their minds. Even if they brought someone who knows the show back, it would take minute for that person to develop a plan. This all has to be handled carefully.

by Anonymousreply 205August 4, 2023 5:10 AM

R205 is Ellen Degeneres.

by Anonymousreply 206August 4, 2023 5:21 AM

R198 That was LML, who created the character of "Maggie Sullivan" for her friend, actress, Tammy Lauren. And the actress quit after Lathag was canned.

by Anonymousreply 207August 4, 2023 8:36 AM

Re: Jason Gerhardt subbing for Greg Vaughan

Back when Jason Gerhardt's GH character was killed off in 2008....there were some DAYS fans (me included) who felt he'd be a good Andrew Donovan! IF the TPTB would just bring Andrew on the canvas. He just *looked* like he could be Shane & Kimberly's son. We old school fans wanted him paired with a SORASED Abby....because, Legacy Kids! (and alliteration)

And before anyone gets angry, it was years before anyone thought there would be a gay character, from a main family on DAYS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 4, 2023 9:13 AM

Newsweek jumps in. This is BIG. Something else is going on behind the scenes. TWO weeks (and counting) being shut down? Definitely something we don't know about (yet). Peacock must want some bigger changes than ONE persons resignation. (You know what I'm saying). THAT would get the upper management to say no way and create this kind of impasse/shutdown.. Lisa Rinna won't shut her mouth either. The cast doesn't even seem to know when they are going back to work. They shut down the whole show instead of just putting this one guy on suspension until this was figured out?...NOPE...Not buying it...Which ONE person (besides Peacock) has the power to shut down production?. hmmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 4, 2023 10:32 AM

[quote][R205] is Ellen Degeneres.

Nope. It just that I've had to deal with something similar at a previous company. A group of employees lost confidence and united to get rid of someone toxic in the c-suite. They got rid of him, but it took the company a little bit longer than 48 hours to do so - cleanly. And his departure from the company wasn't announced, publicly, right away.

My point is simply that Alarr needs to go, but someone at that level can't just be fired like a 7-11 employee. There are steps and often those steps aren't transparent. For all the audience knows, Alarr was fired yesterday and the show is simply crafting a PR strategy now.

by Anonymousreply 210August 4, 2023 12:34 PM

DAYS is clearly going to end. No way that a soap hobbling along for its life would survive a tenth of the red heat attention it's getting.

by Anonymousreply 211August 4, 2023 1:28 PM

R207 Tammy Lauren, that name was so familiar I had to look her up. Thanks for the reminder lol I was barely watching during her Y&R stint, however I'm familiar with her episodic tv work and some of her movies. I might have blocked her out because those "Sheila is Phyllis" and "Lauren is the nurse" (or whomever that doppelganger for Lauren was) storylines were pretty horrific lol

by Anonymousreply 212August 4, 2023 1:35 PM

R208 Right I'm surprised he never came to DAYS back when GH let him go. On GH they were hinting at him being related to Brenda because of the Barrett surname, only for them to not go that route after Sonny initially thought they were related. A rumor was that he was going to be Brenda's brother then they nixed it, although that could've been fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 213August 4, 2023 1:38 PM

R211 Yeah I'm starting to wonder if the sand is running out of the⌛ ⏳

by Anonymousreply 214August 4, 2023 1:40 PM

Me too, R214. Nobody official is saying anything, so rumors are running the gamut from Peacock shutting it down to Peacock pressuring Corday to sell the show to them.

Ari Zucker seems to confirm that there's no news yet:

"I want to thank you all for the incredible community support! Without all your voices there is no change! (Even though we are still waiting)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 4, 2023 1:47 PM

R215 Oh wow, hadn't heard about Peacock pressuring Corday to sell the show to them.

Didn't NBC try buying from him a couple of times before, only for him to refuse to sell?

by Anonymousreply 216August 4, 2023 3:10 PM

[quote]whomever that doppelganger for Lauren was

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 217August 4, 2023 3:45 PM

Was MAB the one who created Sheila’s sister, as well as two more adult children of Sheila?

Weren’t they related to Michael or Kevin, too?

by Anonymousreply 218August 4, 2023 4:03 PM

Ryder and Daisy were the twins, r218. Sheila and Tom Fisher were their parents, so Kevin is half-brother to both. I would tune in on days when I knew Ryder was going to be on. I find Wilson Bethel nearly impossibly good-looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219August 4, 2023 4:14 PM

Were they MAB creations?

by Anonymousreply 220August 4, 2023 4:44 PM

R217 Lol smh ok ok, so I've committed a grammatical error. So now what lol

by Anonymousreply 221August 4, 2023 5:13 PM

R219 Very attractive. It's a shame Brad Bell refuses to acknowledge Sheila's twins, for he could've ended up on B&B. He says that whatever history she has on Y&R isn't included on B&B, or something to that effect. I know Mary aka Erica is her daughter with James on B&B, yet I can't recall too much of Diana's history- is she from Y&R or B&B?

by Anonymousreply 222August 4, 2023 5:20 PM

Yes, r220. Right there in the sidebar it tells you:

Created by

Maria Arena Bell

Hogan Sheffer

Scott Hamner

by Anonymousreply 223August 4, 2023 5:25 PM

Steve Burton is dropping hints that he's returning to GH; he actually started to before this incident, now I'm sure he really wants to go back. It's still up to ABC and Frank to fulfill his desire, since his interest seems to be one-sided, so far.

by Anonymousreply 224August 4, 2023 5:35 PM

Harris Michaels doesn’t have a long arc in Salem?

by Anonymousreply 225August 4, 2023 5:41 PM

R225 He's made references to his contract being up in September (obviously he'd still appear onscreen plenty of months after it's up, since they tape so far ahead) which he isn't so sure about it being renewed, so he's looking back in GH's direction

by Anonymousreply 226August 4, 2023 6:07 PM

GH can have him. I don't see any redemption arc for the character.

Plus, his too-tight face and excessive tats are distracting and gross.

by Anonymousreply 227August 4, 2023 7:20 PM

I know I'm the only one, but I thought he and Kristian Alfonso had chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 228August 4, 2023 7:22 PM

Beef Jerky Steve has an upcoming scene with Kassie dePaiva.

Or was it just on? I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 229August 4, 2023 7:26 PM

It was on yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 230August 4, 2023 7:35 PM

[quote] This is BIG. Something else is going on behind the scenes,

Well, we can guess all was not well even before this crap with Alarr hit the fan and became public, because it started with a rather sizeable reduction-in-force, meaning the budget was being slashed.

by Anonymousreply 231August 4, 2023 7:49 PM

If anyone is interested, FWIW, there’s a change.org petition to fire Alarr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 4, 2023 11:50 PM

Ari Zucker's not holding back, and Farah Fath is telling her story now.

by Anonymousreply 233August 5, 2023 12:36 AM

R141 Doubtful. MAB has been cavorting around France and Italy for the last few weeks. It started with Paris Fashion Week (the Haute Couture show) in early July, then a trip down to Italy to meet some old friends including one guy whom she considers to be a brother. Just yesterday, she was seen with Bill Jr. on Plage de la Garoupe near the Antibes.

by Anonymousreply 234August 5, 2023 1:02 AM

Good for Ari Zucker. She and Shawn C have probably put up with that shit for ages.

by Anonymousreply 235August 5, 2023 1:04 AM

I would sexually harass Shawn Christian.

by Anonymousreply 236August 5, 2023 1:12 AM

It's easy to imagine Shawn Christian having done videos at kink.com where he's either tied to a rack or suspended from a rope and getting edged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 5, 2023 1:16 AM

He was beautiful back in the day.

And still handsome today.

All the Mike Kasnoffs were hot in some way.

by Anonymousreply 238August 5, 2023 1:20 AM

That’s an old picture of Shawn Christian, but if you check his Instagram he still has an amazing body at 57.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 5, 2023 1:30 AM

Was the beautiful brown haired and eyed Mike Kasnoff gay?

I was in love with him in his Street Jeans!

by Anonymousreply 240August 5, 2023 1:40 AM

ALARR is OUT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 5, 2023 4:11 AM

Well, good this is resolved. But I bet this is the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 242August 5, 2023 4:37 AM

Janet Spellman Drucker is a big gay ally.

Oh, and one of her sons lives in San Francisco, and his Instagram tagline is "I ❤️ makeup & boys."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 5, 2023 7:08 AM

My Theory---->>>DOOL Big Boss dug in and told Peacock he wasn't going to listen to them tell him how to run the show or who to fire. And then Peacock reminded him they are all he has left. NBC certainly wasn't going to "rescue" the show they already got rid of once. The standoff went on for days and Big Boss looks like an idiot. The truth is DAYS is on very thin ice. I would be shopping around the other soaps if I were RSW or Carson.

by Anonymousreply 244August 5, 2023 7:33 AM

And he played the race card.

by Anonymousreply 245August 5, 2023 10:19 AM

Someone had to pull Ken Corday off of a cock long enough to do actual business. The horrors.

by Anonymousreply 246August 5, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote]And he played the race card.

I just read his statement to Deadline. I'm sure this added another wrinkle into why Corday needed additional time to act and did not announce his firing immediately. I'm certain that we have not heard the last of this.

[quote]To be clear, this whole situation stems from the animus of just two individuals. Those individuals, at a time of industry-wide cutbacks and economic uncertainty, have been relentlessly angling for greater pay and increased influence on the show, and, it appears, believed that their best strategy to get it was to play on vile stereotypes in order to bring down a Black man in a position of power.

The two individuals: Ari Zucker and who is #2?

by Anonymousreply 247August 5, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote]Ari Zucker and who is #2?

One of the two dozen other people who signed the petition. Alarr's clearly full of crap, even in his exit.

by Anonymousreply 248August 5, 2023 2:21 PM

Of course this dude and his smushed in Playdoh face played the race card.

by Anonymousreply 249August 5, 2023 2:33 PM

Do you think anyone who has left in the last couple of years will return now that he’s gone?

by Anonymousreply 250August 5, 2023 2:36 PM

If KA was unwilling to work with him, she could be open to a more full time return.

I still don't quite understand what transpired with Bo and Hope in story, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 251August 5, 2023 2:39 PM

How the whole Bo and hope story was handled was extremely weird

by Anonymousreply 252August 5, 2023 2:43 PM

Has anyone really missed Hope or KA? She left because they wanted to rest the character for a bit. Fact is, the character needed to be rested.

by Anonymousreply 253August 5, 2023 2:44 PM

R252 I didn't watch but I was trying to understand with clips here and there and a summary and I was like....WTAF.

Did Bo get away from Megan? Is it just that Hope and Kayla know he's alive? I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 254August 5, 2023 2:44 PM

Everyone knows Bo is alive, including Victor, who is with Bo and Hope offscreen while Bo is still in a coma.

Victor dies in the plane wreck coming home week after next.

by Anonymousreply 255August 5, 2023 3:34 PM

r255

coming back from seeing Bo so will Shawn D feel even more guilt and finally drink enough to go to the Salem bathhouse?

by Anonymousreply 256August 5, 2023 5:12 PM

"Spellman-Drucker has been with the Days crew since she was 24 years old. She first joined the show as a production associate in 1984 and worked as a producer since 1989."

by Anonymousreply 257August 5, 2023 6:39 PM

R256, here's hoping!

Or he runs into Alex Kiriakis, and they both "mourn" Victor together naked.

by Anonymousreply 258August 5, 2023 7:32 PM

Will hot Sonny come back for the funeral? Will we finally meet the twins.

by Anonymousreply 259August 5, 2023 8:08 PM

As part of mourning process for Victor, all of the Kiriakis men should get together naked in a circle and rub one out in his honor.

We'd here it's an old Greek tradition.

by Anonymousreply 260August 5, 2023 8:12 PM

typo ^^^ We'd "hear" ....

by Anonymousreply 261August 5, 2023 8:33 PM

SOD ***finally*** acknowledges the scandal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 5, 2023 8:53 PM

Alarr gets fired and then has the nerve to play the race card on the way out. What a douche of our lives!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263August 6, 2023 2:49 AM

They ultimately had no choice but to fire him at this point. Had they not, DOOL would've been pushed abruptly off of the Cock, without any takers, especially not back on NBC's lap. Even if/when NBC decides to cancel that dreadful DOOL replacement (NBC News Daily, even that generic title shows they were just in a rush to push DOOL off of them and onto the Cock), I sincerely doubt it would be an opening for DOOL to return. It was also a smart PR move to hire a liberal female, who's also in-house as an added bonus, so it isn't like she'll necessarily have a lot to learn about the position. So guess that means DOOL still has more sand left in the ⌛ ⏳ after all.

by Anonymousreply 264August 6, 2023 11:25 AM

R238 IA all of the Mike Kasnoff's were pretty sexy lol not to derail the thread, however if any of you guys didn't watch ATWT, Shawn Christian originated the role, followed by Mark Collier, then Jon Prescott (Mark came back for a short visit, so he was the final Mike)

by Anonymousreply 265August 6, 2023 11:32 AM

Shawn was definitely ridiculously hot but Mark Collier was otherworldly hot and supposedly, to quote a much loathed gay figure, gives milky loads and takes milky loads from his fellow man.

by Anonymousreply 266August 6, 2023 1:46 PM

I loved Mark Collier so much I'd forgotten how beautiful Jon Prescott was!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Mark Collier was perfection, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 6, 2023 2:08 PM

Is the Shawn C the only straight mike?

by Anonymousreply 269August 6, 2023 2:10 PM

R268 I want to see Mark C and whoever that tall dude is in that scene flip fucking!

by Anonymousreply 270August 6, 2023 2:16 PM

Shawn Christian flames from space. Plus, Zucker was married to another queen, Kyle Lowder.

I don't believe Shawn C. is "straight."

by Anonymousreply 271August 6, 2023 5:06 PM

So which old cunts are coming back now that the evil bully was canned.

I would like to see Nathan Horton (with a better storyline; maybe he turns out to be Jack’s kid), or Sarah’s sister Noelle Curtis.

Stephen Schnetzer could come on as Julie’s brother Steve with a couple of kids in tow. He was on the show years ago and there is untapped potential there.

Lastly-Andrew Donovan should come back as a mini me versiom of jis father Shane.

by Anonymousreply 272August 6, 2023 5:32 PM

Was MAGA Missy able to resist Shawn Christian?

by Anonymousreply 273August 6, 2023 5:45 PM

I always thought Mark Collier would have gone on to a bigger career. I’ve seen him fill in as a temporary replacement on occasion, on DOOL I think, but he doesn’t appear to get much film and tv work according to his IMDB. He’s still very handsome at 52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274August 6, 2023 6:10 PM

Bill Cullen hair dye from 1967 at r274.

by Anonymousreply 275August 6, 2023 6:22 PM

R274 he's nice but he's no Greg Vaughn

by Anonymousreply 276August 6, 2023 6:29 PM

Mark Collier makes no mention of children (I don’t think he has any) in the video I posted, yet the caption says he discusses them. 🫤

by Anonymousreply 277August 6, 2023 7:46 PM

Prescott (real name John Metcalf) runs a pottery studio in Los Angeles. He's been with the same woman (Stephanie) for awhile now. I believe they still live in the artsy Echo Park neighborhood of L.A.. I'm pretty sure that's her seen helping out at the studio in the article at the link (the girl in the tank top). Can't tell with the mask on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 6, 2023 9:46 PM

Collier lives in Toluca Lake with a woman he's been with for more than a decade. She into everything metaphysical and used to have a radio talk show here in L.A. She now does a podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 7, 2023 8:40 AM

Do you know her name, R279?

by Anonymousreply 280August 7, 2023 1:07 PM

Her name is - Canadian Girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 281August 7, 2023 2:10 PM

R208 Apparently, Jason Gerhardt was in talks to join DOOL as an undisclosed character back in 2015, until they fell through.

by Anonymousreply 282August 7, 2023 2:19 PM

R210 You were right on the money in regards to Alarr being fired around the time you mentioned that he probably was already.

by Anonymousreply 283August 7, 2023 2:20 PM

R271 Flames from space? 😳 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 284August 7, 2023 2:23 PM

Shawn C is straight, and I'm just the dame that can prove it!

by Anonymousreply 285August 7, 2023 2:28 PM

I know she's a fave, but as she gotten older I think Ari looks like a man in drag.

by Anonymousreply 286August 7, 2023 2:31 PM

Mark Collier was extremely handsome and lovely to look at. I think he was fine for light comedy / soap acting but don't know that he could have handled more. He doesn't have that leading man gravitas. He might have worked as a boyfriend on And Just Like That.....

Shawn C is similar, though he did have a bit of a grittier take on Mike Kasnoff.....he might have it in him to be a villain.

by Anonymousreply 287August 7, 2023 2:31 PM

R286 Hate to say it but I've noticed that too

by Anonymousreply 288August 7, 2023 4:25 PM

R287 Those are both good takes, I guess Mark is retired from acting? I had no idea he was living a low-key life in Toluca Lake until R279 mentioned it. Did you happen to catch Shawn as Ross Rayburn #1 on OLTL? Sex on a stick. Actually, just like Mike, Ross #2 (Michael Lowry) and #3 (Billy Warlock) were cute too. Ross even had a hot brother, Elijah (Matt Walton)

by Anonymousreply 289August 7, 2023 4:32 PM

Shawn C was gorgeous and just oozed sex when he was on ATWT. I'm not sure if that was Maura West bringing that out in him or what, but he was gorgeous. I was always surprised that Days fans never really got on board the Shawn C train.

by Anonymousreply 290August 7, 2023 4:39 PM

Ari might have gone through The Change and maybe that's why she looks a bit more mannish these days.

by Anonymousreply 291August 7, 2023 4:44 PM

R290 Guess it was the way that Daniel was written. Mike was that hot mechanic who came on like he was ready to fuck at any given moment. They had him undressed alot walking around in boxer briefs :) you might be on to something though, no offense to Yvonne Perry, her sheltered stuck up Rosanna wasn't really a match for Maura's "girl from the wrong side of the tracks" Carly. It was like something came out of Mike with Carly, more with her than with Rosanna.

by Anonymousreply 292August 7, 2023 4:59 PM

R291 The Change 😆 that's actually a fair explanation

by Anonymousreply 293August 7, 2023 5:00 PM

I like Ari so she gets a pass from me. But she has looked like a blond Coco Peru in a few recent scenes.

by Anonymousreply 294August 7, 2023 5:05 PM

Has closet case Alarr's wife resigned from her position as staff writer in solidarity?

by Anonymousreply 295August 7, 2023 5:22 PM

R290 I don't know Daniel's level of popularity when he first started, but I think it really took a hit (among gay viewers anyway) when Daniel was paired with Jennifer, and the show was trying to make "Dannifer" a thing. Was that Higley?

Anyway, I remember the liveblogging of GOOL episodes at AfterElton whenever Will Whoreton was in them, and anything with "Dannifer" was always met with scorn and ridicule. The show even had Nurse Maxine pimping them as some kind of supercouple at Salem Hospital. It was quite funny.

I think the only thing that could have saved Daniel back then, is if he'd taken bad boy J.J. down to the basement to adjust his attitude and his hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 7, 2023 10:45 PM

Maxine was to Danifer what Naggie is to Xander.

by Anonymousreply 297August 7, 2023 10:57 PM

Greg Vaughan WHO?????

That temporary Eric is FUCKING HOT!!!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 298August 7, 2023 11:44 PM

This is a cool flashback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 8, 2023 12:26 AM

They were #1 because of Steve and Kayla’s wedding-wasn’t that one of the last times Y&R fell out of first place? Then the bottom dropped out the following year and the show fell to 8th for a few years until Vivian buried Carly alive.

by Anonymousreply 300August 8, 2023 12:59 AM

R299 R300 was Dee Hall off the show during the time period when they filmed that clip?

by Anonymousreply 301August 8, 2023 2:02 AM

Dee Dee was off the show 1987 to 1991.

Show hit #1 in 1988. So, yes she was off when that was filmed. That's why Genie Francis is in there saying Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 302August 8, 2023 2:13 AM

Someone on DL has probably posted Dee's response as to, "Why I didn't say, Thank You."

by Anonymousreply 303August 8, 2023 3:23 AM

Dee Dee Halls was off doing that dreadful slop with The King of Diabeetus Wilford Brimley for most of those years. I think they tried to keep her on DAYS at first but it just didn't work scheduling wise.

by Anonymousreply 304August 8, 2023 2:21 PM

Carson’s knocked up his wife!

Congrats, stud!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 8, 2023 7:49 PM

I bet Carson B has a nice fat dick.

Not super long, but a real hole stretcher.

by Anonymousreply 306August 8, 2023 7:52 PM

Mmmmmmmm…….

Hole stretcherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

by Anonymousreply 307August 8, 2023 7:57 PM

Hole breeder!

by Anonymousreply 308August 8, 2023 8:05 PM

I think Mayor Rawlings would like to celebrate Shawn Douglas' promotion to police commissioner by taking him to the basement fun room at The Spot and showing him what that finger he keeps pointing around can really do.

by Anonymousreply 309August 8, 2023 8:25 PM

Now that gay Phillip is back, maybe Shawn Douglas will realize he's gay too.

by Anonymousreply 310August 8, 2023 8:37 PM

Having Shawn D come out would have been more natural than what they forced on the audience with Craig and Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 311August 8, 2023 8:53 PM

There are a lot of Craig and Nancy's around.

by Anonymousreply 312August 8, 2023 9:07 PM

Like Albert Alarr.....

by Anonymousreply 313August 8, 2023 9:07 PM

Stop it. The gays don't want skeezy Alarr on their team.

by Anonymousreply 314August 8, 2023 9:17 PM

he's so fuggo

by Anonymousreply 315August 8, 2023 9:24 PM

Craig and Nancy was a VERY believable gay-coming-out storyline.

by Anonymousreply 316August 8, 2023 9:24 PM

I thought so too R316, but I think the fans thought it was an insult because Nancy is a woman of size.

One of the things that bothers me about soap fans or the soap fans online is that they don't seem to understand that sometimes good story comes from being politically incorrect. Soaps can't be daring and provocative any longer without someone losing their minds.

by Anonymousreply 317August 8, 2023 9:59 PM

While believable, I think the main issue with Craig story is that it never would have been done unless Kevin Spirtas had come out of the closet in real life.

by Anonymousreply 318August 8, 2023 10:04 PM

So, what?

by Anonymousreply 319August 8, 2023 10:05 PM

R318, you’re probably right, but hadn’t Spirtas come out years before the story?

by Anonymousreply 320August 8, 2023 10:17 PM

R319 Well, it doesn't seem organic and smells somewhat contrived, since it's not based on anything having to do with the character's history, but rather solely based on something to do with the actor who just happens to be playing the role.

R320 I'm not sure when Spirtas came out, but it's a Carlivati thing, so you might have had to wait for something like this till he was HW. .. Recall, Ron did something similar on OLTL with the Oliver Fish character. Fish became gay after Scott Evans' brother, Chris, happened to out him on national TV.

by Anonymousreply 321August 8, 2023 10:28 PM

So, what?

Frau at r321 doesn't want icky gays infesting her stories.

by Anonymousreply 322August 8, 2023 10:33 PM

[quote]I think the fans thought it was an insult because Nancy is a woman of size.

She ended up with Mike Horton in the end. Granted they're mostly an off-screen couple, but its still a happy ending for the Nancy character.

by Anonymousreply 323August 8, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote] Craig story is that it never would have been done unless Kevin Spirtas had come out of the closet in real life.

Only reason Phillip Chancellor III on Y&R is gay is because Thom Bierdz is gay in real life. P3 would still be dead were it nor for Maria Arena Bell's desire to tell a gay story.

by Anonymousreply 324August 8, 2023 10:37 PM

So, what?

by Anonymousreply 325August 8, 2023 10:39 PM

I was personally involved with a very similar story to Craig and Nancy… It really does happen

by Anonymousreply 326August 8, 2023 10:49 PM

R322 Not true at all. I'd actually prefer more gay stories on all the soaps. Someone asked, and I simply gave my opinion about it.

Plus, the way the story was done, it was pretty poorly constructed - so short seemingly going for the sensational aspects - then, it's over, and Craig and Nancy are written off. It seemed like Spirtas did it mainly to promote his gay web series.

Someone keeps asking, "So what?" .. One can ask the same question about that "story" now.

by Anonymousreply 327August 8, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote] Only reason Phillip Chancellor III on Y&R is gay is because Thom Bierdz is gay in real life. P3 would still be dead were it nor for Maria Arena Bell's desire to tell a gay story.

R324 Well, MAB wanted to undo Latham's ghastly "Cane is Phillip" story, and yet she couldn't make the Cane character come off as some kind of bad guy who was just this lying grifter. Daniel Goddard was too popular with the fraus. So her idea was to make Real Phillip be behind the ruse, which meant she had to undo his death. .. The story going around back then is that MAB met one-on-one with Bierdz beforehand to talk about it, and HE'S the one who pressed for Phillip to be gay, with her simply going along with it. Of course, this also went along with one or more of Bierdz's many self-promotions related to his books, the art, and giving interviews about his brother for the umpteenth time, etc.

by Anonymousreply 328August 8, 2023 11:32 PM

Supposedly the actress playing, Gwen is going to stop playing Gwen and become another character? Anyone know any details?

by Anonymousreply 329August 8, 2023 11:41 PM

^^ ala RSW

by Anonymousreply 330August 8, 2023 11:42 PM

Is MAB the scab writer?

by Anonymousreply 331August 8, 2023 11:45 PM

There was enough time in between Josh Taylor’s different characters. This trend of having an actor switch to a new character the following week is weird.

Like what’s his name on GH. What is this, his 4th character?

by Anonymousreply 332August 8, 2023 11:50 PM

R329,

I read on Twitter that the rumor is she will be playing Theresa Donovan.

by Anonymousreply 333August 9, 2023 12:08 AM

R331 Doubtful. MAB has been jetsetting around France, Italy, and other Mediterranean locales for about the six weeks now.

by Anonymousreply 334August 9, 2023 12:11 AM

R333

Thanks… I think I would be ok with that actually, Teresa should be on canvas with her brother. She better not have her natural accent though lol

by Anonymousreply 335August 9, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]Now that gay Phillip is back, maybe Shawn Douglas will realize he's gay too.

Phillip is gay now? I'd love for him and Sean to hit the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 336August 9, 2023 12:47 AM

Phillip is Shawn’s uncle as both Philip and Bo (Shawn’s father) are Victor’s sons.

by Anonymousreply 337August 9, 2023 12:53 AM

Phillip isn't gay but John Paul Seponski who plays him sure seems to be.

by Anonymousreply 338August 9, 2023 12:55 AM

Reportedly, MAB was at Jeanne Cooper's 80th birthday party in 2008. Thom Bierdz was also at the party. The two met and got to talking and soon MAB started coming up with the idea for P3's return from the dead. And yes, she made P3 gay specifically because Thom Bierdz is gay.

by Anonymousreply 339August 9, 2023 12:56 AM

It wouldn't actually be sex, if they just jacked off while sharing a very long, double-dong dildo.

Shawn and Phillip are obviously both bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 340August 9, 2023 12:58 AM

[quote]Like what’s his name on GH. What is this, his 4th character?

What's his name got his start on Days, playing Tanner Scofield, circa 1990-92.

by Anonymousreply 341August 9, 2023 12:59 AM

Tanner Scofield was so hot back in the day. Tanner and Molly were on the typical Days supercouple path, but they were written out when the show changed writers. I guess all of that energy was transferred to Austin and Carrie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 9, 2023 1:08 AM

I still miss Jason Brooks and his cum filled dong.

by Anonymousreply 343August 9, 2023 1:14 AM

I know he was on Days, but I can’t remember him at all. Old storylines are leaving my brain, like most other info.

by Anonymousreply 344August 9, 2023 1:16 AM

Robert Mailhouse from Keanu Reeves’ old band Dogstar played Tanner’s brother Brian. He was sexy back then.

by Anonymousreply 345August 9, 2023 1:32 AM

Ewww. Michael Easton (Tanner) had the face of a rodent.

by Anonymousreply 346August 9, 2023 1:34 AM

Wouldn’t Matt Damon call Robert Mailhouse a fag?

by Anonymousreply 347August 9, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote]Ewww. Michael Easton (Tanner) had the face of a rodent.

No one could smolder like Tanner Scofield.

by Anonymousreply 348August 9, 2023 1:44 AM

R346 r348

by Anonymousreply 349August 9, 2023 1:53 AM

Random thing I remember about Brian Scofield: even though he was a detective, he had a K9 partner...named Fluffy.

by Anonymousreply 350August 9, 2023 2:20 AM

[quote]Wouldn’t Matt Damon call Robert Mailhouse a fag?

I knew him back in the '80s. Not well; we just went to a lot of the same parties one year. His actor friends told me he was straight. He didn't seem very friendly towards the gays. Maybe Matt Damon knew him better later.

by Anonymousreply 351August 9, 2023 2:26 AM

His buddy Keanu is a fag.

The Fraus here making up shit to straightwash everything.

by Anonymousreply 352August 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Robert Mailhouse was brought in to play Roman's police partner Brian Scofield when James Reynolds left Days to move to Generations to play patriarch Henry Marshall.

When Generations was canceled in early 1991, Reynolds came back to Days as Abe and Mailhouse was quickly written out.

There was a nice tip of the hat to Generations a few weeks back when Whitley King told amnesiac Abe his name was Henry Marshall, owner of Marshall's Ice Cream Parlors.

by Anonymousreply 353August 9, 2023 6:56 AM

Previews from August 2003 - 20 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 9, 2023 10:38 AM

2003 Bryan Datillo Could. Get. It.

by Anonymousreply 355August 9, 2023 11:57 AM

On LSA, Black women are sure invested in Keanu being straight.

Just like DL gays.

by Anonymousreply 356August 9, 2023 12:44 PM

I dated a guy that looked so much like Robert Mailhouse it was mindblowing. Super skinny but man, he was hung.

I guess it's no surprise Mailhouse became a musician because he always had that sort of look about him.

by Anonymousreply 357August 9, 2023 1:27 PM

[quote] 2003 Bryan Datillo Could. Get. It.

I don't remember the year but whenever Lucas came back from a coma......he was thinner and had worked out and had huge biceps. He's been intermittently hot throughout the years.

by Anonymousreply 358August 9, 2023 1:28 PM

On his Instagram page, Datillo has discussed trying to get in shape, in part I think to maintain his role on the show. He’s kind of struggled with this.

by Anonymousreply 359August 9, 2023 5:17 PM

He's struggled with a lot, poor Bryan.

by Anonymousreply 360August 9, 2023 5:17 PM

I looked at his Instagram and see what you mean R358. He probably put the same 15 on that most of us did during the pandemic.

He's still handsome but his 50s have hit him hard.

by Anonymousreply 361August 9, 2023 5:19 PM

I met Mailhouse briefly when I worked in the soap biz when he was on DAYS. He's a dead ringer for a buddy in college who took me under his wing and -- I know this is stupid and unrealistic -- but I kept waiting for him to respond to me in a similar way especially as he was so friendly.

He lost his gig at DAYS, I think, around the time Reilly came in and he needed to free up some space to bring on his characters.

Mailhouse is a great writer; he posted on Instagram about the late Anne Heche and the late Angela Lansbury. Here's his post on Heche and his one on Lansbury is also worth a read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362August 9, 2023 5:29 PM

I don't care about straight homophobes like R. Mailhouse.

by Anonymousreply 363August 9, 2023 5:35 PM

R363 And you believe he's a homophobe why, exactly? Receipts, please.

by Anonymousreply 364August 9, 2023 5:50 PM

Someone above said his friends knew him and said he was anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 365August 9, 2023 6:02 PM

I believe everything I read on an anonymous message board!

by Anonymousreply 366August 9, 2023 6:12 PM

If he's that much of a homophobe why did he buy a house in Silver Lake? LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 367August 9, 2023 6:27 PM

[quote] LOOL

by Anonymousreply 368August 9, 2023 6:38 PM

r351 "knows" Robert Mailhouse and says he's super-straight and anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 369August 9, 2023 9:31 PM

[quote]He didn't seem very friendly towards the gays.

Don't know him or anything about him, except his Days work and that he played the guy Elaine was bearding for on Seinfeld who she tried to get to switch teams. But, not being very friendly towards the gays in the 80s doesn't necessarily mean that stuck. A lot of people were unfriendly towards the gays in the 80s.

And that is not a defense of any homophobic behavior, but people do get to change.

by Anonymousreply 370August 9, 2023 9:50 PM

R362 thank you for posting that tribute. It is lovely, and I never would have accessed it if you hadn’t posted it.

by Anonymousreply 371August 9, 2023 10:16 PM

r370

by Anonymousreply 372August 9, 2023 10:24 PM

What kind of homophobe pays homage to Paul Reubens, donates to Act Blue, and pens eloquent messages against bigotry and hatred such as this one?

[quote] I've always felt that the path to love, respect and prosperity for the human spirit must start with the care and education of those less fortunate. An educated America is dangerous to some. An uneducated population is disastrous to the planet. Life should be a beautiful dream, for too many, it is a violent, painful nightmare. It's supposed to be a shared gift, a loving cooperation between all living souls. The pursuit of happiness should not be a pursuit, It should be obtained while helping and loving each other. For those who hate, murder and kill? How can we possibly understand? How can we control our anger and project promise towards a world that often feels and looks barbaric? Babies were not born to hate. What turns a human so violent? Where does it all go so wrong for so many? The illness and ignorance of bigotry and racism? How can we see the turns and provide the help and care before the desperation, despair and death? It's vital that we start to love and educate. It is vital that Governments around the world get involved in promoting this idea before it's too late. Before the Earth stops giving us the gifts that sustain us. It's only fair. - Rob Mailhouse

by Anonymousreply 373August 10, 2023 1:29 AM

bonjour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374August 10, 2023 2:33 PM

In 1993, Bryan's career path was either DOOL or Catalina Video with Chi Chi LaRue.

by Anonymousreply 375August 10, 2023 7:30 PM

That sounds like a win/win situation, R375!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 10, 2023 7:48 PM

R376

by Anonymousreply 377August 10, 2023 8:01 PM

funny, the cover guy at R376 looks kinda like a more muscular Matthew Ashford!

by Anonymousreply 378August 10, 2023 8:07 PM

Chi Chi would have seen Bryan as Joey Stefano type.

1993's Sex in Wet Places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 10, 2023 8:48 PM

Steve Burton could have gone that direction as well. He even had the bleached platinum blond hair that Catalina liked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 10, 2023 9:05 PM

90s soap studs were three months away from either landing that soap or becoming a renttboy.

by Anonymousreply 381August 10, 2023 9:54 PM

Bryan and Ali Sweeney worked well together.

by Anonymousreply 382August 10, 2023 10:04 PM

Are you thinking of someone else, R378?? (and whoever "liked" that post) Other than his hair color, the guy at R376 looks nothing like Matt Ashford! The cleft chin, fat nose, thick lips...nothing.

by Anonymousreply 383August 10, 2023 10:24 PM

Billy Warlock also looked like a bottom for Catalina.

The rumor was that he was a bottom for Kin Shriner's fat cock.

by Anonymousreply 384August 10, 2023 10:24 PM

Congrats to Bryan. He did a weigh-in a couple months ago, discussing how he'd lost more than 25 pounds.

He's 52, so maybe he can still have that pron career and become a popular daddy at "Say Uncle" or "Carnal Media." Open an Only Fans page to go along with that, and I'm sure he'd make more than what DOOL pays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385August 10, 2023 10:54 PM

Maybe Bryan and Freddie Smith can join Weight Watchers together!

by Anonymousreply 386August 10, 2023 11:23 PM

Bryan Datillo has always been my hot man since I started watching DOOL when Ron C. started writing. There’s just something about him that is so hot. Those eyes are definitely a factor. When his character Lucas gets drunk and walks around with that scruffy hair and shows off that hot tattoo on his bicep, 🔥

by Anonymousreply 387August 10, 2023 11:28 PM

I agree with R387. I also (sorry!) think Freddie is adorable at any size, just like Rob K.

by Anonymousreply 388August 10, 2023 11:43 PM

FCF was a yo-yo dieter who'd pack on 10+ pounds every time he'd go up. I don't think he'll be going down again anytime soon. He was pimping McDonalds last month.

by Anonymousreply 389August 10, 2023 11:55 PM

I bet FCF stinks of cigarettes and Coors Light.

by Anonymousreply 390August 11, 2023 12:17 AM

Just my opinion but I think Freddie's going to yo yo forever. Even when he's skinny he looks like his face is going to explode.

Bryan I can see turning it around.

by Anonymousreply 391August 11, 2023 12:22 AM

How much is Freddie up to now? Over 200 pounds?

by Anonymousreply 392August 11, 2023 12:45 AM

R392 He said he was 240 before he started one of his previous diets, and he looks pretty much the same now.

by Anonymousreply 393August 11, 2023 12:48 AM

Keep in mind that Bryan is 18 years older than FCF, yet it wouldn't take him that much more to look as hawt as he did in 2019 when he put this photo up talking about the homemade juices he makes. He was doing a lot of boxing training back then, and it shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394August 11, 2023 12:59 AM

BRD looked old and fat when he was last on DAYS, trying to trick Orpheus.

by Anonymousreply 395August 11, 2023 2:01 AM

Fat fuck Freddie, unfuckable at all sizes.

by Anonymousreply 396August 11, 2023 4:15 AM

[quote]He said he was 240 before he started one of his previous diets, and he looks pretty much the same now.

I remember about a decade or so ago when Freddie was starting a diet at 180 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 397August 11, 2023 4:18 AM

[quote]Fat fuck Freddie, unfuckable at all sizes.

Not true. Younger starving actor twink Freddie was peak. Unfortunately the crafts service table got to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398August 11, 2023 5:41 AM

Why is Freddie’s face so red? And now he’s a realtor in Florida? Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399August 11, 2023 5:47 AM

I agree, R398. At one point it was a question as to who was hotter: FCF or Chambo. Now FCF is a fat slob.

by Anonymousreply 400August 11, 2023 5:47 AM

R399 That photo that FCF uses for his profile pic at the top of his IG page must be ancient, because it looks nothing like the latest photos of him on his feed.

by Anonymousreply 401August 11, 2023 8:56 AM

Chambo was always hotter than any of the guys he was paired with.

by Anonymousreply 402August 11, 2023 11:28 AM

Yeah, the only pairing Chandler had where there was equal hotness was James Scott's EJ.

by Anonymousreply 403August 11, 2023 1:01 PM

That little guy playing Mayor is too much.

by Anonymousreply 404August 11, 2023 7:46 PM

Who plays Mayor?

by Anonymousreply 405August 11, 2023 7:52 PM

Chandler should have been seen more in his tight boxer-briefs showing off his lovely pink nipples and bulge

by Anonymousreply 406August 11, 2023 8:05 PM

The new mayor is some bearded Mary that wants a dick in his ass REAL bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 11, 2023 8:52 PM

Who is the mayor of Melaswen?

by Anonymousreply 408August 11, 2023 8:57 PM

Wesley Eure is the mayor of Melaswen.

Freddie’s face might be red from the Florida sun.

I don’t think soaps have had any craft services in quite a long time.

by Anonymousreply 409August 11, 2023 9:11 PM

Maybe Freddie and Bryan can split the costs for O-O-O-Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 410August 11, 2023 10:12 PM

The Golden Boys should be Kevin Spirtas, Wesley Eure and Gregg Marx all sharing a house in Palm Springs, with Chambo playing their houseboy.

by Anonymousreply 411August 11, 2023 10:15 PM

Greg and Wesley have been friends for decades. They were first introduced by Patty Weaver back in the early 80s when Greg was playing David Banning and Wesley was already off the show.

Wesley has lived in Palm Springs for many years, but Greg apparently just moved there in the last year or two.

No idea where Kevin Spirtas lives these days.

How about adding Michael T. Weiss to the Golden Boys cast?

by Anonymousreply 412August 11, 2023 11:03 PM

promo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413August 11, 2023 11:03 PM

Judi Evans posted a very sincere message to her fans. What a lovely woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 11, 2023 11:04 PM

Thank you, R414.

Judy is THE BEST!

by Anonymousreply 415August 11, 2023 11:55 PM

That ^^^^ auto-corrected. Judi*

Where’s the edit button, Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 416August 11, 2023 11:56 PM

r414

Did something happen that prompted Judi to post that?

by Anonymousreply 417August 12, 2023 12:10 AM

There was a campaign on Twitter today, #WeLoveYouJudi. It has been trending all day.

I tweeted her and included the hashtag. She liked it and sent me a ❤️ emoji.

Class act.

by Anonymousreply 418August 12, 2023 12:10 AM

Wasn't this the anniversary of either her near death experience or her son's death?

by Anonymousreply 419August 12, 2023 12:29 AM

Not sure, but I think today was the day she wore the outfit where Alarr called her a big dyke and that's why people were tweeting her. I might be wrong, but her outfit today was pretty out there.

by Anonymousreply 420August 12, 2023 12:36 AM

WE LOVE YOU JUDI!

by Anonymousreply 421August 12, 2023 12:47 AM

R420 r421

by Anonymousreply 422August 12, 2023 12:52 AM

In honor of #WeLoveYouJudi.....I LOVE this Johnson family photo, circa 1989! IIRC, this was from an on-air "Merry Christmas/Seasons Greetings" promo featuring all the families of Salem.

Unlike the rest, they actually looked like they were all (or could be) related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 12, 2023 1:20 AM

Hashtag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 12, 2023 1:29 AM

Kevin lives in LA but he seems to spend a significant amount of time in PS (according to his Instagram).

Kevin and Gregg (two G's, please) could still get it. Not sure about Wesley - haven't seen a recent photo.

by Anonymousreply 425August 12, 2023 4:15 AM

What's PS?

by Anonymousreply 426August 12, 2023 4:18 AM

Palm Springs. See R412 to follow that thread of the discussion

by Anonymousreply 427August 12, 2023 4:19 AM

Thank you, R427.

by Anonymousreply 428August 12, 2023 4:20 AM

R412 Spirtas lives in Los Angeles. He performed at Oscars in Palm Springs last week and said it was worth making the drive from L.A.

by Anonymousreply 429August 12, 2023 5:35 AM

Since when have the Oscars been in Palm Springs?

by Anonymousreply 430August 12, 2023 5:37 AM

Oscars is a cabaret.

Très gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 12, 2023 5:47 AM

Old chum.

by Anonymousreply 432August 12, 2023 5:49 AM

Wesley Eure (and his Land of the Lost co-star) last year:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 12, 2023 11:30 AM

Judi’s hair did look pretty dykey on yesterday’s episode but that was no reason for that asshole to call it out so cruelly in front of the crew. Wouldn’t Suzanne Rogers have spoken up?

by Anonymousreply 434August 12, 2023 4:16 PM

r432 r434

by Anonymousreply 435August 12, 2023 6:55 PM

Carson discusses getting in better shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 12, 2023 9:36 PM

Carson could increase his social media presence by working out in a jockstrap and showing everyone how to keep a butt in shape.

On another note, his thing with the glass of egg whites made me gag.

by Anonymousreply 437August 12, 2023 11:13 PM

Can anyone identify the brunette before Justin and Adrienne, along with the blonde before Tom Horton in the clip posted by R299? I recognized everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 438August 14, 2023 11:30 AM

R438

I can’t remember her characters name, but I think she dated Mike Horton

by Anonymousreply 439August 14, 2023 11:53 AM

speaking of old DOOL commercials, anyone remember the one from the 80s where they are all dancing and they all say some phrase... I can't remember the exact phrase, it was something like we love it? I know it had gay Mike Horton Michael T Weiss

by Anonymousreply 440August 14, 2023 12:28 PM

R438, that was April Ramirez. She dated Mike Horton and was married to Nick Corelli for awhile. She was Emilio's sister.

by Anonymousreply 441August 14, 2023 12:37 PM

R439 R441 Thanks, I didn't see her onscreen, however I remember her name along with Nick Corelli, Emilio Ramirez. Emilio dated Jennifer right, iirc

by Anonymousreply 442August 14, 2023 1:09 PM

Yes, Emilio and Jennifer dated.

by Anonymousreply 443August 14, 2023 1:17 PM

R440,

Was it the "It Will Excite You" promo from the '80s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 14, 2023 1:46 PM

I remember the Jewish doctor lady that dated Mike Horton for a time. She looked sorta like a young Tovah Feldshuh.

by Anonymousreply 445August 14, 2023 1:55 PM

^^ Dr. Robin Jacobs (Derya Ruggles), Jeremy Horton's mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 14, 2023 2:08 PM

I will find any excuse to repost this (and now seems like a good time). In 1990, my roommates & I thought these 25th Anniversary promos were the coolest! Mini music videos about DAYS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447August 14, 2023 2:22 PM

R444 That was so 80's 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 448August 14, 2023 2:42 PM

R445 Did you watch ATWT? I remember Tovah Feldshuh did a brief stint on there in the early-mid 90's as Dr. Bethany Rose.

by Anonymousreply 449August 14, 2023 2:44 PM

R445 I did. I can't remember what she did there but I vaguely remember her making some appearances.

by Anonymousreply 450August 14, 2023 2:46 PM

I was more of a Summer Sizzles on NBC fan. It will excite you, just didn't excite me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 14, 2023 2:50 PM

Days was so repetitive in the 80s. They recycled the same story over and over.

Shane, Steve and Roman-each had wives return from the dead in a span of 8 years.

Every 2 years there was a serial killer running around.

Kayla and Jennifer, within 2 years of each other, were both raped by a husband they were forced to marry, and both rapists became heroes.

by Anonymousreply 452August 14, 2023 2:50 PM

I know Kayla was raped by Jack but can't remember who Jen was raped by - who became a hero?

by Anonymousreply 453August 14, 2023 2:54 PM

Jennifer was raped by Lawrence; and he never became a hero.

But in all fairness to Days, soaps repeat. Nicole Walker was just Billie Reed. Bill Bell had 4 stories and he just shuffled some things around and told them over and over.

by Anonymousreply 454August 14, 2023 2:54 PM

R450 Same here. The main thing that stands out in my memory is a headline from one of the soap mags announcing her exit, "It's Ova for Tovah in Oakdale"

by Anonymousreply 455August 14, 2023 3:01 PM

RR43: Oh God, Emilio! He & Jennifer were dating she began working at The Spectator and fell for Jack. And they almost got married. Jack kidnapped her from the wedding ( a la Bo & Hope) to Fontella Bass' "Rescue Me". He also had an affair with Adrienne, while working at the Kiriakis estate as a stable boy. He really was kind of a schmuck -- "Da Ring!!" (as he took a header off a cliff).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456August 14, 2023 3:02 PM

Thanks R443. Emilio actor, Billy Hufsy, was some sort of "teen heartthrob" wasn't he lol

by Anonymousreply 457August 14, 2023 3:05 PM

Emilio, Nick Corelli and his brother were so sleazy and gross.

by Anonymousreply 458August 14, 2023 7:36 PM

r444

that was it! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 459August 14, 2023 7:37 PM

R457 I thought he was strange looking with weird hair. I think he was one of those "teen" idols who was already going on 30.

And what was that animal living on top of his head? .. LOOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 14, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote] LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 461August 14, 2023 8:05 PM

Emilio and Nick looked like sleazy porn stars.

by Anonymousreply 462August 14, 2023 8:10 PM

R460 I know what you mean, he sort of looks like a butch female in some pics (no offense to any of the butch females on here) like a hybrid of Nancy McKeon and Tyne Daly.

I had to look him up, he was actually 29 when he joined DOOL, so you're right about that. I knew he looked familiar from episodic work and low budget movies, however it was FAME that provided him with his big break; I knew he had a starring role on another show besides DOOL, I just didn't remember which show he was on. He actually looked better on FAME, guess youth combined with not being as bulky then helped him out.

I also read that there's an infamous picture of him from the 80's with nothing but a towel covering his nether regions, along with countless articles and pictures of him in Tiger Beat and all of those other teen magazines. He was a bigger teen idol pre-DOOL; I'm sure his popularity played into their decision to hire him.

He was also on a reality show "Confessions of a Teen Idol" on VH-1 in '09. I actually wondered if he was now living his life as an openly gay male, except he's married to a woman named Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 463August 14, 2023 10:54 PM

#overdressed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 14, 2023 10:58 PM

Were they ol teens?

by Anonymousreply 465August 14, 2023 11:01 PM

Thanks R464 😆

by Anonymousreply 466August 14, 2023 11:08 PM

Tovah (on ATWT) was John Dixon’s doctor when he had cancer. They sort of dated.

I just saw her on an old episode the other day.

by Anonymousreply 467August 14, 2023 11:18 PM

R465 I suppose, which happens alot in daytime casting (well casting overall). Trevor Donovan's age was mentioned a lot, in regards to him being almost 30 portraying a teen on the 90210 reboot. I don't think it was referenced as much when he was on DOOL; however his looks were, on both shows 😁

by Anonymousreply 468August 14, 2023 11:20 PM

This has somehow turned into the unofficial DOOL thread

by Anonymousreply 469August 14, 2023 11:21 PM

Is Trevor Donovan openly gay?

by Anonymousreply 470August 14, 2023 11:21 PM

R467 Thanks that's who it was, his name did come to mind however I wasn't too sure. I didn't remember his cancer or them dating until now.

by Anonymousreply 471August 14, 2023 11:23 PM

Anyone remember the Santa Barbara campaign that featured poached actors throwing clever shade at their former shows? I loved that campaign so much.

I remember Lenore Kasdorf (who was very popular as Rita on Guiding Light) saying something like, “My guiding light led me to Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 472August 14, 2023 11:23 PM

Those 25th anniversary commercials were really well-done. I didn’t remember them at all.

It’s too bad characters like Doug, Julie, and Marlena weren’t around during that anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 473August 14, 2023 11:25 PM

R470, he was inching toward coming out, but when he got a deal with GAC all rainbow merchandise was removed from his Citizen K-9 site, became even more obscure about living with his partner on Instagram, and was less direct about the type of bullying he endured. Thus we’re still left wondering whether he’s “apart” of the team.

by Anonymousreply 474August 14, 2023 11:26 PM

Thanks, R474

I didn’t know he had a deal. I do find it odd how often SOD prints his Tweets.

by Anonymousreply 475August 14, 2023 11:32 PM

R472- that ghastly actress who sucked Paul Rauch's dong, Kristen Meadows was part of that campaign. She was a NOBODY on OLTL, so NBC bragging that they snagged that bitch was a HOWLER. You can have her! What a boring actress.

by Anonymousreply 476August 14, 2023 11:44 PM

R475 Do they seem to focus on his tweets more than most current soap stars? Someone at SOD must be obsessed with him 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 477August 14, 2023 11:44 PM

R477 - the fact that they always have a page dedicated to Tweets already speaks volumes for the magazine’s quality. It feels like he has a Tweet printed at least twice a month.

by Anonymousreply 478August 14, 2023 11:47 PM

R476 Wow 😆 I had never heard of her, nor remembered her from OLTL. Apparently she was also involved with Frank Runyeon at one point, before she became involved with a doctor. On a more serious note, she quit Santa Barbara in 1989 after receiving death threats from Eden and Cruz fans, who couldn't stand her character, Tori Lane.

by Anonymousreply 479August 14, 2023 11:50 PM

[quote]that ghastly actress who sucked Paul Rauch's dong,

That's not exactly an exclusive club. The list of who didn't suck Paul Rauch's cock may be shorter.

by Anonymousreply 480August 14, 2023 11:50 PM

R478 Good point 😁 I haven't browsed through an actual copy of that magazine since the early 2000's, I think it was discontinued at one point, where it was only available in a digital format? Still seems someone over there is pretty infatuated with Mr. Donovan 😁

by Anonymousreply 481August 14, 2023 11:54 PM

R482 That's true

by Anonymousreply 482August 14, 2023 11:54 PM

r481

you can still buy a physical SOD

by Anonymousreply 483August 14, 2023 11:56 PM

R464 1985 Tiger Beat ... "Teens of Fame" who are 27-year old men!

by Anonymousreply 484August 14, 2023 11:57 PM

Kristin Meadows played Mimi King on OLTL for five years. Her character was involved with Asa and the Buchanans.

Arlene Dahl, the real-life mother of Lorenzo Lamas, played her mother on OLTL.

Her Santa Barbara commercial said, "I only have one life to live and I'm going to live it in Santa Barbara."

by Anonymousreply 485August 14, 2023 11:58 PM

Kristen Meadows was also on DOOL as someone named Elizebeth Lovett from 1990-1992? I still don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 486August 14, 2023 11:58 PM

R483 Yeah it's like $6.99 now, is it still weekly or biweekly?

by Anonymousreply 487August 14, 2023 11:59 PM

R484 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 488August 14, 2023 11:59 PM

R485 It took your mentioning of Arlene Dahl to remember her character 😆 thanks. Arlene's character stood out more than Kristen's

by Anonymousreply 489August 15, 2023 12:02 AM

Robin Mattson did one of those Santa Barbara promos, too.

by Anonymousreply 490August 15, 2023 12:04 AM

r487

it is still weekly... I get the digital version though. I still prefer reading a physical copy but I was getting my copy in the mail sometimes 3-4 weeks late but the digital copy is available Friday morning

by Anonymousreply 491August 15, 2023 12:17 AM

Jeanine's back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492August 15, 2023 12:25 AM

I slurped Paul's dong in Llanview to get storylines, and I will do the same for Jill Farren Phelps in SANTA BARBARA!

by Anonymousreply 493August 15, 2023 12:39 AM

Jen Lilley’s not on for long. But there are rumors that Theresa will be back later in a way that follows one of DAYS’ most idiotic traditions.

by Anonymousreply 494August 15, 2023 12:40 AM

Robin Mattson's commercial said, "Hospitals, in general, are OK, but I'd rather be in Santa Barbara."

by Anonymousreply 495August 15, 2023 12:42 AM

r493 I slurped (and rode) Paul's dong on DOOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 15, 2023 12:49 AM

[quote]On a more serious note, she quit Santa Barbara in 1989 after receiving death threats from Eden and Cruz fans, who couldn't stand her character, Tori Lane.

Kristin's Tori Lane didn't pose any danger to Cruz and Eden. Not in the slightest. The idea is laughable.

Only real danger that super couple ever experienced was from Robert Barr in the form of Roscoe Borne.

by Anonymousreply 497August 15, 2023 1:14 AM

Tori got knocked up by Cruz shortly after she arrived in Santa Barbara, then Mason married to give her kid a name. So she fucked with two super couples-Cruz and Eden and Mason and Julia.

It’s odd that they didn’t put Marcy Walker in that commercial, since Liza was such an infamous character-or maybe it was because Eden and Liza were so different.

by Anonymousreply 498August 15, 2023 1:24 AM

R491 Thanks. I remember when I would get them, along with the other main mags, from supermarkets, then I started having them mailed as well. I ran into the same problem, they would frequently arrive well past their due dates, so I switched back to the markets. Now they've all seemed to stop circulation, I think Soaps In Depth is still around, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 499August 15, 2023 1:25 AM

R494 If they get rid of Gwen, just for her to return as Theresa, especially now with original Theresa showing up for Victor's service, that would be incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 500August 15, 2023 1:27 AM

You’re telling me, R500.

by Anonymousreply 501August 15, 2023 1:30 AM

R497 Well Kristen could've fabricated the death threats story to save face after her contract possibly wasn't renewed, or Paul created the death threats to scare her out of Santa Barbara, especially with her being involved with a doctor and no longer providing services to him 😁 idk

by Anonymousreply 502August 15, 2023 1:31 AM

R501 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 503August 15, 2023 1:32 AM

r498 From late 1985 to mid 1987, NBC Daytime, then headed by Brian Frons, made an aggressive campaign of snatching up popular stars from other network soaps.

That's why Genie Francis, Jane Elliot, Judi Evans and Robert S. Woods all ended up on Days during that time.

That's why Denise Alexander, Larry Lau and Taylor Miller all ended up on AW during that time.

That's why Robin Matson, Kristin Meadows and Lenore Kasdorf all ended up on Santa Barbara.

Of all those castings, Robin Matson was far and away the most successful.

by Anonymousreply 504August 15, 2023 1:37 AM

R473: Julie was around for the 25th anniversary, but Doug wasn't. They'd divorced (off-screen) prior to Julie's return to Salem. TPTB flirted with the idea of pairing Julie & Victor for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 505August 15, 2023 1:51 AM

R504 Has Robin Mattson ever failed in a role? I recall her saying that she felt "miscast" as Delia Reid-Ryan on Ryan's Hope. Prior to that, I believe she was Hope Bauer on Guiding Light. Heather Webber and Janet Green are the roles I primarily saw her in, and she was incredible in both (even when the writing for both was subpar)

by Anonymousreply 506August 15, 2023 2:21 AM

Mattson was great in the far-too-short role playing Noah's mother, "Cheri Love" (Charlene Wilson), on ATWT. She was also memorable as "Sugar," Sheila Carter's prison-guard-turned-accomplice on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 507August 15, 2023 2:31 AM

r506 Well, Delia was the only role Robin Mattson play that she was wrong for. But Pat Falken Smith was head writing Ryan's Hope at that point and insisted on bringing in Mattson in to play Delia. Or course, Pat Falken Smith was also the wrong HW for Ryan's Hope (just like she had been for GL), so not a surprise she miscast the Delia character.

Of all the roles Mattson played, I think Gina was her best. She was the most fully realized character. You knew Gina like to plot and scheme, which is what made her fun. She was a little crazy, but not so far out there she would commit murder or anything like that (not something you could say about Heather or Janet). Gina also used her sexuality in ways that none of Robin's other characters never did. Gina was just a great character.

I'd say Heather was her next best character. Heather was part of what made GH in the late 70s/ early 1980s so amazing. Heather and her scheming were so much fun. But at the same time, you also knew Heather could be capable of murder if necessary.

While I also liked her as Janet from AnotherPlanet, I never especially cared for Uncle Pork Chop, so I never really liked that storyline. I kept hoping they'd separate Janet and Trevor and give Janet a better storyline.

by Anonymousreply 508August 15, 2023 2:56 AM

My favorite Gina scene from 1986, shortly after Jed Allan left DAYS to play CC.

CC has woken up from his coma and is extracting punishment and revenge on the characters that caused his stroke-Mason, Gina, Lionel, Sophia. Gina is being told here to leave the mansion with “only what brought into this house.” After leaving Gina ran naked to co-conspirator Kirk’s car, Kirk and Gina trying to kill Cruz and Eden is my favorite SB storyline.

Robin had great chemistry with Jed and Lane Davies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 15, 2023 3:02 AM

Here's a timeline of Robin Mattson's soap roles:

Hope Bauer #5 GL (1976-1977)

Heather Webber #3 GH (1980-1983; 2004; 2012-2016)

Delia Reid-Ryan #4 RH (1984)

Gina Blake DeMott Capwell Timmons Lockridge #2 SB (1985-1993)

Janet Green #3 AMC (1994-2000)

Sugar B&B (2003)

Cheri Love ATWT (2007)

Lee Michaels DOOL (2010-2011)

I actually learned that Hope Bauer, a troubled teen, was her only role as a heroine; that Linda Gibboney (Sybil, AMC) was the original Gina (I know most of you knew that lol I never saw any episodes of SB) and that Melody Anderson (Natalie #2 AMC) also played Janet, for one day, in between Kate Collins' and Robin's stints.

by Anonymousreply 510August 15, 2023 11:24 AM

R507 IA. I briefly saw her in both of those roles and she was amazing. The only recurring role I didn't really see too much of her in was as Lee Michaels on DOOL

by Anonymousreply 511August 15, 2023 11:26 AM

R508 Thanks I had no idea Pat Falken-Smith even wrote for RH, let alone was the one who brought Robin over as Delia.

I remember something about Robin stating that Gina was her most favorite role (possibly one of the old soap mags) however I can't recall the exact quotes. She just seemed extremely fond of the character and the writing for Gina.

Heather was definitely better in the 80's; even though I saw more of Heather in the 2004, 2012-2016 version, she was more of a cartoon then, in comparison to Heather back then. She was campy, yet not too over the top, which was how Guza/Pratt and then Ron wrote her.

Uncle Pork chop lol actually I realized that he wasn't well liked as I had originally thought. I think being paired with Natalie made him more likable; it was interesting to learn that the actors didn't care for each other behind the scenes. He's a pretty good actor though; I felt that he played off of Robin really well, and she really humanized Janet, so it was easy to feel sorry for her, especially when they played her child abuse/neglect angle, at her mother Wilma's hands. The Janet/Kendall friendship was one of the few times Megan McTavish struck gold (Robin and Sarah Michelle also became extremely close friends off screen)

by Anonymousreply 512August 15, 2023 11:39 AM

Lee Michaels was a prison inmate of Hope's; I had to double-check, because it seemed too similar to her storyline as inmate Sugar on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 513August 15, 2023 11:44 AM

R509 Thanks that's a very good clip. I remember when they brought Jed Allan over to GH as a recast Edward Quartermaine, marrying Heather as an homage to their time on SB together. GH fans were pissed; they felt he was miscast, saying he was too tall, too young, etc. I can't remember if she interacted with Lane Davies on there; he (as Zander's father, Cameron) was mainly in scenes with either Luke or Alexis

by Anonymousreply 514August 15, 2023 11:48 AM

1987 - 1991 was a really difficult period for DOOL as it was sorely missing it's star, Dee Dee Halls. They were positively desperate for her to return to the show to reclaim her position as The Queen Of Daytime

by Anonymousreply 515August 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Jed Allen was such a hot daddy. That voice was enough to start some fires down below!

by Anonymousreply 516August 15, 2023 12:51 PM

R515 From 1987-1991, who inherited the role of leading female? Genie Francis as Diana Colville?

by Anonymousreply 517August 15, 2023 1:30 PM

R516 There have been quite a few fan reactions similar to yours, in regards to him.

by Anonymousreply 518August 15, 2023 1:31 PM

R517 Genie was never really a good fit at DAYS but they certainly tried to make her the lead.

I think Mary Beth Evans would have a good claim on DAYS lead during that era, as well as Cunt-fil-A Missy.

by Anonymousreply 519August 15, 2023 1:42 PM

R518 I understand why. He was really something during his DAYS era, especially.

by Anonymousreply 520August 15, 2023 1:43 PM

I'm traveling and watched the show on my iPad this morning, but who did Talia's hair and makeup today? She looked like a mess.

by Anonymousreply 521August 15, 2023 1:49 PM

R519 Is it the acting that didn't make her a good fit, or the writing? Is it also true that she wasn't received well, in the eyes of Marlena and Roman fans? I think there was something about negative fan mail sent to her. DOOL was probably trying to capitalize on her fame from Luke & Laura, however that doesn't always translate onscreen when actors jump ship to another soap.

by Anonymousreply 522August 15, 2023 2:05 PM

R520 Oh right I forgot he was on DOOL, as Don Craig right lol that's before my viewing time. Isn't that the guy who was married to Marlena, and their infant son DJ died?

by Anonymousreply 523August 15, 2023 2:08 PM

R522 Genie said in an interview that DAYS hired her for her fame, but didn't have a clear idea on her character, so she felt like it just didn't work.

R523 yes, Don and Marlena were married and DJ died of crib death.

by Anonymousreply 524August 15, 2023 2:11 PM

R524 Thanks so she confirmed that's why they hired her, I guessed that was the reason why. She was also offered Sarah recast on OLTL and Caroline (or Taylor, I believe it was Caroline) recast on B&B, around the time she chose to play Ceara on AMC.

There were mentions on here that she more than likely turned down OLTL and B&B on the basis that she didn't want to have a repeat experience of her time on DOOL, which was essentially taking over the role of a popular predecessor (for some saw Diana as an unofficial replacement of Marlena)

Right, I've always heard the story of Marlena, Don and DJ.

by Anonymousreply 525August 15, 2023 2:26 PM

Genie and Drake on paper seemed like a hot story, however as popular as Marlena was (then and now), I can see why there was negative feedback. I didn't catch much of Genie's Diana, however from what I've seen, the character wasn't anything like the recast version in recent years, was she? I know it's the actress who plays Gloria on Y&R, who was also Anjelica in the 80's/90's right

by Anonymousreply 526August 15, 2023 2:31 PM

I liked Genie on DAYS, even if she didn't. And her Diana Colville bore no resemblance to the later version played by Judith Chapman.

by Anonymousreply 527August 15, 2023 3:48 PM

R527 Thanks, I didn't think there were any similarities between their portrayals. I couldn't think of her name however Judith Chapman was primarily hired because Ron/DOOL wanted to be "cute" and mirror the connection between Gloria/Kevin and Diana/Leo. I think they should've linked Leo to John instead of just teasing it; if I'm not mistaken, that would've been a daytime first- a father with two gay sons. I think Sami is the first daytime character with two gay/bisexual kids.

by Anonymousreply 528August 15, 2023 5:54 PM

[quote]if I'm not mistaken, that would've been a daytime first- a father with two gay sons. I think Sami is the first daytime character with two gay/bisexual kids.

Because Will is gay and Allie is bisexual, it means that Lucas is the father of two gay/bi children. As far as we know, Will and Allie are the only children Lucas has.

by Anonymousreply 529August 15, 2023 6:27 PM

The main reason they didn't have Leo's father turn out to be John is that it would have given John two gay sons. That would be a bit much for a virile stud muffin like John Black.

I think it was a missed opportunity to give Leo some Salem connections. But paternity can be changed easily down the line.

The only thing the characters Genie and Judith played had in common was the name Diana Colville. Otherwise they were two completely different characters.

by Anonymousreply 530August 15, 2023 6:28 PM

[quote] The main reason they didn't have Leo's father turn out to be John is that it would have given John two gay sons.

Umm.... Actually, I think the headcount would actually be [bold]three[/bold] gay sons.

Don't forget about Brady...

by Anonymousreply 531August 15, 2023 6:45 PM

Good point r531

by Anonymousreply 532August 15, 2023 6:49 PM

Please refresh my memory, But didn't Diana say that John wasn't Leo's father and everyone should took her word for it?

by Anonymousreply 533August 15, 2023 7:15 PM

Isn’t Judith Chapman 10 years older than Genie?

by Anonymousreply 534August 15, 2023 7:17 PM

One of the many idiotic plot twists on Days is when they turned All American Frankie Brady into Carly’s brother, Francois Von Lueschner. Weren’t Carly and Jennifer best friends in boarding school? She never saw a picture of him?

by Anonymousreply 535August 15, 2023 7:25 PM

r535

I guess that makes because wasn't Frankie in hiding for some reason

by Anonymousreply 536August 15, 2023 7:27 PM

R529 Right, I didn't omit Lucas on purpose lol I guess I just forgot to mention him. I'm more interested in two gay brothers on daytime instead of a gay brother/sister duo. However it makes more sense to use Lucas as an example instead of Sami, since she has four. Horton, or possibly from Kate's side, had a gay gene passed down to Will and Allie?

by Anonymousreply 537August 15, 2023 7:28 PM

R530 Virile stud 😆 right, I think it would've been too much for them to give John two gay sons. Eventually, they possibly will tie Leo to a main family; I think it was a missed opportunity as well. Yes, Diana Colville under Genie might as well been a different character under Judith Chapman; from what I'm seeing, they have absolutely nothing in common. Nevermind the differences in appearance, her portrayal is a far cry from Genie's. It's interesting that Judith turned them down when they approached her to reprise Anjelica in 2017, which led to them casting Morgan, yet she accepted returning as Diana.

by Anonymousreply 538August 15, 2023 7:39 PM

When Judith played Anjelica she was the cougar that seduced young stud Justin.

Now Judith looks younger than Wally Kurth. He is a testament to the need to wear sunscreen daily.

by Anonymousreply 539August 15, 2023 7:43 PM

R531 🤣 🤣

by Anonymousreply 540August 15, 2023 7:44 PM

[quote] It's interesting that Judith turned them down when they approached her to reprise Anjelica in 2017, which led to them casting Morgan, yet she accepted returning as Diana.

Judith was working somewhat regularly at Y&R at that point when Days brought Anjelica back.

By the time the Diana Colville offer came, she was down to once or twice a year at Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 541August 15, 2023 7:49 PM

John and Diana must’ve had some fans, no? His romance with Isabella was pretty popular, right?

Judith’s and Genie’s Dianas reminded me of all of the later recasts on ATWT… Craig, Rosanna, Dusty, Meg (especially Meg!) were nothing at all like their earlier incarnations.

by Anonymousreply 542August 15, 2023 7:54 PM

If they want to tie Leo to a main family, they're running out of families to do that with.

Leo has now slept with Sonny, Will and Dimitri, which means he can't be a part of the Brady, Horton, Kiriakis or DiMera families. Days is not going to touch on gay incest.

Leo could still be a part of the Black family. Or the Hernandez family. Or the Johnson family. Or the Deveraux family.

by Anonymousreply 543August 15, 2023 7:55 PM

Roman/John and Diana were popular, but DAYS was overloaded with supercouples during that time period- Patch and Kayla, Shane and Kimberly, Justin and Adrienne…it was also too soon for Roman/John to start dating after Marlena’s “death” in 1987. The show seemed to be hinting first at a Mike/Diana romance, but that was dropped.

DAYS lost Bo, Hope and Marlena in rapid succession in 1987, and it seemed a bit adrift for awhile, repeating the same storylines over and over.

by Anonymousreply 544August 15, 2023 8:02 PM

Frankie/Francois was of the dumbest, worst retcons ever! All to prop-up fucking Carly who was being shoved down viewers' throats as Bo's new love interest (after Hope "died" on Ernesto Toscano's island).

Teenage Frankie/Francois was supposedly in hiding because Carly/Katerina refused to honor an arranged marriage to Lawrence Alamain, which would have given the Alamains control of the Von Leuschner fortune. Her fear was that Lawrence would kidnap Francois, or do something to him, to force her to honor the arranged marriage. So....she "sent" Francois to Salem to befriend Jennifer, because the Hortons were good family, and he'd be safe there -- or some fucking thing like that.

Which still made no goddamn sense, given that first characters Frankie met/hooked up with in Salem (as a homeless teenager hanging out on the waterfront) were Steve & Kayla....and the Bradys.

by Anonymousreply 545August 15, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote] The show seemed to be hinting first at a Mike/Diana romance, but that was dropped.

especially after Mike and Diana learned they were chasing after the same sailor on the Salem docks.....

by Anonymousreply 546August 15, 2023 8:03 PM

R533 I think so, I can't recall a paternity test. I could be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 547August 15, 2023 8:04 PM

R534 Well yeah lol I just think they should've ignored the whole mother and son angle from Y&R when they recast Diana. I also think they should've wrote the character closer to the original version, even though they explained that Diana changed as a result of the abuse she endured from her husband. It just seemed like a completely different character (I saw some of Genie's version, on an island where Stefano was taunting her, she actually wasn't bad imo)

by Anonymousreply 548August 15, 2023 8:11 PM

R541 Makes sense 😆 thanks. They've definitely reduced Gloria's screentime significantly over the years; one to two times a year is probably being generous now. They seem to mention her name more than they show her.

by Anonymousreply 549August 15, 2023 8:19 PM

R542 From what I've seen, John and Isabella were pretty popular.

That's an excellent observation; I think either their long-time casting director was either too old, or someone at CBS stepped in to override her selections. Even in the early 2000's, the Nikki and Molly recasts were horrendous; both seemed like they would've been better off in each other's roles. Then at one point, they went on an ABC binge and specifically cast actors from their soaps, especially Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 550August 15, 2023 8:28 PM

When did will and Leo get together?

by Anonymousreply 551August 15, 2023 8:32 PM

R543 Wait Will slept with Leo? When did this happen? I only knew about Sonny and Dimitri.

Harper Deveraux, was he still alive when Leo was conceived? That would make Leo the uncle of Gwen and Abigail?

by Anonymousreply 552August 15, 2023 8:33 PM

Make Leo lNeil Curtis’ son, that would make him Sarah Horton’s brother.

by Anonymousreply 553August 15, 2023 8:39 PM

Harper was killed in 1990 (although he lived on in Jack's imagination for a while). Harper was also STERILE --which is why he & his first wife adopted Jack, and how he knew that Anjelica had an affair when she became pregnant with Alexander.

by Anonymousreply 554August 15, 2023 8:50 PM

[quote]Wait Will slept with Leo? When did this happen?

Oh, maybe that was the April Fool's episode a few years ago. So, I guess that wasn't official.

by Anonymousreply 555August 15, 2023 8:58 PM

R550: RoJohn & Isabella were popular! I think fans were more accepting of Isabella because more time had passed since Marlena's "demise", and Isabella was just so darn sweet & likeable. I think it was also because she wasn't played by a big-name actress, so it didn't feel like she was "replacing" Marlena/Deidre Hall.

by Anonymousreply 556August 15, 2023 9:00 PM

Right R555. ... Sonny walking in on Will and Leo in bed was the ending-capper to the 2020 April Fools episode with the final shot having Leo look into the camera announcing “April Fools!” with laughter heard.

by Anonymousreply 557August 15, 2023 9:27 PM

R259 Yes. It's now been reported that Hot Sonny will be back for the Victor memorial as well.

Let's hope Sonny, Alex, and Xander get together to rub one out for Uncle Vic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558August 15, 2023 10:42 PM

R554 Oh I didn't know he was STERILE 😆 thanks. I also had the adoption part wrong, I was thinking that Jack, Patch and Adrienne were all from the Deveraux bloodline, with Johnson being their adopted last name lol

by Anonymousreply 559August 16, 2023 1:27 AM

R556 Excellent observations. Didn't they kill Isabella off once Marlena returned, or was it awhile after?

by Anonymousreply 560August 16, 2023 1:30 AM

It was a awhile after. Izzy B died of cancer in John's arms. It was a very sad, but beautiful story.

by Anonymousreply 561August 16, 2023 1:38 AM

Isabella was around for a year after Marlena returned, until she died of cancer. After she died John and Marlena started fucking.

by Anonymousreply 562August 16, 2023 1:39 AM

Let's not be vulgar R562. John and Marlena fought their feelings until they could no longer deny them and made love on John's private jet on the night of Roman and Marlena's anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 563August 16, 2023 1:43 AM

John nailed Marlena on the Titan boardroom table, knocking Marlena up with Belle. Sami witnessed it and it turned her into a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 564August 16, 2023 2:07 AM

Similarly, Will Whoreton witnessed EJ banging Sami, and it turned him into a boy on the hunt looking to find that very rare 13 X 8.5.

by Anonymousreply 565August 16, 2023 2:58 AM

R561: Yeah, it was! As you may (or may not) recall....Isabella died the night that Abigail was born. There was this juxtaposition between completely tear-jerker Izzy B/John scenes, and fairly amusing Jennifer-in-labor scenes while stranded with Jack in a cabin during a snowstorm.

And then...Alice had some great, "very-Alice" quote at the end of the next episode, upon learning of Isabella's death. She & Tom were standing on their back porch, looking at the stars, after the storm had cleared. It went something like (I'm probably butchering it): "Look, the stars are out. Some things are eternal like the stars. Life. Death. A precious soul left us tonight. But an equally precious one joined us. May God bless them both."

by Anonymousreply 566August 16, 2023 3:05 AM

This is nice scene from 1979-the Hortons singing “Always.”

Watching it you can see why the ABC soaps just clobbered DAYS and Another Word in this period. The cast is almost entirely older people; even the young characters (Mile/Margo/Trish/David) seem prematurely middle aged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567August 16, 2023 7:35 AM

1979? Was child prodigy Marlena even in kindergarten yet?

by Anonymousreply 568August 16, 2023 10:02 AM

R568 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 569August 16, 2023 11:32 AM

Wayament...they got Nicole's old ass knocked up? Jesus take the wheel! Also, I'm actually tired of Zander being shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 570August 16, 2023 11:39 AM

Thanks guys for the trips down memory lane. I didn't know the extent of the John/Isabella story, nor Abigail's birth occurring the same night; that was actually pretty clever. Nice nod to the Horton's history too; it's always sweet to hear quotes from Tom & Alice, or watch scenes of them.

Besides John and Marlena's sexcapades, and EJ's monstrous manhood, everything else mentioned was pretty new to me.

by Anonymousreply 571August 16, 2023 11:44 AM

r567 *sigh*

That was the era when I watched with Mom. Julie's burned face!

by Anonymousreply 572August 16, 2023 1:50 PM

Suzanne Rogers is getting a 50th anniversary episode this Friday, R567 – if we're lucky, we'll get some glimpses of that era, when Maggie was much more integral to the show.

by Anonymousreply 573August 16, 2023 3:16 PM

[quote]Can anyone identify the brunette before Justin and Adrienne, along with the blonde before Tom Horton in the clip posted by [R299]? I recognized everyone else.

R438: The brunette was April Ramirez, who dated Mike Horton & Nick Corelli.

The blonde before Tom Horton was Melissa Anderson (Lisa Trusel). She has kind of a complicated history as far as her last-name goes (see below). Mickey & Maggie got legal custody of her as a young teen, and she considered them to be her parents...and Tom & Alice to be her grandparents, Hope & Jennifer to be her cousins, etc. But she still went by Melissa Anderson for years, until her son Nathan showed up on the canvas in 2009...at which point we learned that she had changed her last name to Horton somewhere along the way (off-screen).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574August 16, 2023 4:19 PM

R575 Thanks, wow I remember her now. I had no idea she was ever a blonde so I would've never guessed that was her. I have slight memories of Nathan since I was watching off and on around the time of his arrival; I do remember that he was cute though lol

by Anonymousreply 575August 16, 2023 5:25 PM

Here's a hokey bit of fun, circa 1986. Melissa, Jennifer & Hope (pregnant with Shawn D) pay tribute to Alice on her birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 16, 2023 5:48 PM

[quote] The brunette was April Ramirez, who dated Mike Horton & Nick Corelli.

Who are all of Mike Horton's beards? And has Nancy now convinced Mike to take Craig's lead and finally come out as well?

by Anonymousreply 577August 16, 2023 6:19 PM

r576

so many people in ONE scene... oh the old days

by Anonymousreply 578August 16, 2023 6:36 PM

I thought that, too, R578.

by Anonymousreply 579August 16, 2023 6:41 PM

[quote] And has Nancy now convinced Mike to take Craig's lead

I initially read that as "convinced Mike to take Craig's load" LMAO

by Anonymousreply 580August 16, 2023 6:44 PM

PS Since this became the ad hoc DAYS thread and is almost done....the new one is at this link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581August 16, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote]even the young characters (Mile/Margo/Trish/David) seem prematurely middle aged.

That was one of the problems with the teen set on Days in the mid to late 1970s.

Richard Guthrie was 25 when he was cast as an 18 year old David Banning in 1975. But he looked like he could easily be in his mid-to-late 30s. Nothing about him came across as a teenager.

Suzanne Zenor as Margo also seemed really old for a teenager. In real life, she was 31 when she joined the show.

Wesley Eure and Patty Weaver both looked like they could pass for 18 or 19 when they were in scenes together. But hanging around older looking David and Margo caused them to look a decade older too.

by Anonymousreply 582August 16, 2023 6:58 PM

[quote] I initially read that as "convinced Mike to take Craig's load" LMAO

Which would be totally unbelievable, since Craig's obviously a bottom !! LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 583August 16, 2023 7:39 PM

They really should have had Mike come out as well and Mike and Craig's animosity was born back in college when they had a hook up and neither of them could handle it

by Anonymousreply 584August 16, 2023 8:12 PM

The Salem U. rumor mill says Mike and Craig got into one time and ended up fucking in the hospital linen closet.

The head nurse at the time made a candy striper clean up the mess which led to the young girl quitting and filing a grievance.

by Anonymousreply 585August 16, 2023 8:42 PM

Mike Horton was likely using Anne Milbauer as his beard during that time, then dumped her for Robyn Jacobs.

Anne's anger about being dumped grew over the years and she then unleashed her fury who Her Royal Hortoness, Jennifer Horton.

by Anonymousreply 586August 16, 2023 9:08 PM

Martha Madison out at DAYS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587August 16, 2023 9:35 PM

Bummer. I really like Madison. Nice interview.

by Anonymousreply 588August 16, 2023 9:44 PM

No big surprise. When the news first broke about Asshat Alarr, there was word about layoffs and exits that had occurred, and Madison was one of the actresses speculated to be going.

[quote] Overall, seven contract actresses are said to have departed the series around the time of the layoffs, five of whom were either let go altogether or dropped to recurring status. The remaining two actresses reportedly made the decision to leave the series on their own. Separately, one male actor was laid off. That said, due to the show’s advanced tape-to-air schedule, it’s unclear if any of the unnamed talent who’ve left the series continue appearing on screen.

Some were also speculating that if Madison goes, then Beemer might be the one actor who was cut. Makes sense based on what we've seen abroad.

by Anonymousreply 589August 16, 2023 10:01 PM

R589 Hold the phone, DUBAI- there's a small Twitter campaign suggesting that both BB/MM join GH (MM as Lulu; BB wasn't given an exact role to play, from what I saw)

by Anonymousreply 590August 16, 2023 10:10 PM

R582 Patty Weaver? Gina Romalotti from Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 591August 16, 2023 10:11 PM

[quote][R582] Patty Weaver? Gina Romalotti from Y&R?

Patty played Trish Clayton on Days for six years, 1976-82, before she joined Y&R.

Reportedly, Patty got more fan mail than any other Days character at that point. Young girls really related to her.

On another note, FYI, Tracey Bregman, who has played Lauren Fenmore on Y&R and B&B for 40 years, got her start on Days of Our Lives too. She played troubled teenager Donna Craig from 1977 to 1980. Donna was the illegitimate daughter of lawyer Don Craig (played by Jed Allan). Deirdre Hall played her stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 592August 16, 2023 10:52 PM

[quote] BB wasn't given an exact role to play, from what I saw)

BB's role at GH would more than likely be to see if Frank needed something to get him through the day.

by Anonymousreply 593August 16, 2023 10:55 PM

If Martha goes to GH, she could replace Kirsten Storms again.

And if Brandon Beemer were to also go to GH, he could revive the character of Dr. Matt Hunter, the illegitimate son of Dr. Noah Drake. You'll recall the last person who played Matt Hunter was Jason Cook.

by Anonymousreply 594August 16, 2023 11:02 PM

[quote] BB's role at GH would more than likely be to see if Frank needed something to get him through the day.

Like Brandon's mouth. Or Brandon's ass. Or Brandon's lollipop head in Uncle Frankie's mouth.....

by Anonymousreply 595August 16, 2023 11:40 PM

and these

by Anonymousreply 596August 16, 2023 11:43 PM

are the

by Anonymousreply 597August 16, 2023 11:43 PM

days of

by Anonymousreply 598August 16, 2023 11:43 PM

our lives

continue here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599August 16, 2023 11:43 PM

bajour

by Anonymousreply 600August 16, 2023 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!