Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

Aaron and Sutton join Joe today; Kit's film announcement imminent

by Anonymousreply 601February 11, 2024 1:03 AM

Just suggesting this ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 3:48 PM

and this dick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 3:49 PM

should make contact

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 3:50 PM

To r600 in the last thread: I called Fraulein being a bash troll AND fraulein’s alt being a troll first both times. Sorry but my intuition has checked out multiple times here.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 3:51 PM

R4 Well, I think you’re pushing it with this one. I don’t even know what issue you can have with his last comment.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 3:53 PM

R5 you’ve gotten it wrong twice defending her haven’t you? If I’m wrong and this is a Joe fan, great: I’ll be thrilled. But I think my track record is better. He’s made comments that Joe posted OF Nick to instigate Bqsh, asked one day why bash and Joe broke up and the next day started opining on the breakup, started defending bash for “living his life and minding his business”, denied Joe has body image issues, and now said people don’t look out for Kit “as much” as Joe. When the fuck has anyone defended Joe from the cast (who adore and defend both Joe and Kit) or from Alice Patrick etc (who are trash to everyone) more than Kit? As I said, I’ve clocked Fraulein twice based on similar shit.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 3:57 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 4:02 PM

R6 Yeah, Fraulien has 3 accounts and she shits on Bash with her new one. Makes total sense. Looks more like you’re jumping to conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 4:03 PM

Is this the right of passage? Being called a frau? R? You could've asked me what I meant. I never said Joe was treated better. I didn't mention Joe at all in my comment.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 4:06 PM

R8 what’s the point in arguing with me on this? Genuinely. I’m not gonna change my mind. As I said if I’m wrong amazing and I’ll admit as much. But I can identify patterns and if I’m right then hopefully you’ll admit as much.

You’re also totally ignoring everything I posted above. The same “idk anything about the breakup” one day and the next “well here are my opinions on it and actually bash seems like a good guy”. The insinuation the cast treats Joe better than Kit. The “Joe doesn’t have shitty PR kit is just more thoughtful” stuff. As I said: if I’ve been right twice and beaten others to the punch on identifying trolls, I’m gonna trust my instinct and not yours.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 4:07 PM

R9 then don’t act like a troll and I won’t say you are one! If I’m wrong great: don’t think I am

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 4:07 PM

R9 to check what you're saying is that the bash troll is crazy enough to make three accounts all under false pretenses but no way she'd make a fourth

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 4:09 PM

ladies, the frau is a fucking moron and slips up all the time and can't keep her accounts straight, so just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 4:09 PM

R9 i'll ask you then. who is kit not looked out for "as much" as?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 4:10 PM

R10 Ok? I’m not arguing. Just think you’re wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2024 4:10 PM

R15 I’ve explained my reasoning and track record multiple times. Your reasoning as far as I can see is “you’re wrong and unhinged and jumping to conclusions so THERE” but ok

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2024 4:11 PM

R11 I don't act like a troll. Look up the definition of a troll. You are a cunt though.

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2024 4:12 PM

R17 you too babes ❤️ in all seriousness if I’m wrong and you just say dumb shit sometimes, sorry. I also say dumb shit sometimes. I’ll need to see you comment without flipping a switch for a few months before I believe that. And also I would like to see a reply to r14.

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2024 4:14 PM

R18 would also love a reply to that

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2024 4:19 PM

R17 Btw I don’t think you said dumb shit.

by Anonymousreply 20February 9, 2024 4:20 PM

R20 I do ❤️

by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2024 4:22 PM

R14 As much as people who look his age or more innocent. I think people assume he's older than he is and that plays a part. And by people, I mean the public and the fans. I guess I have to specify everything. R18 Wtf maybe don't use emojis if you're going to call people fraulein.

by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2024 4:24 PM

R22 I don’t call most people fraus, it’s a shorthand for one person on here whose alt I think you may be. Frankly I’m not even committed to “Fraulein” being a woman. Just as many cunty gay men being psychos about Joe.

And as I said I would absolutely love to be wrong about you. Trust me, have 0 desire for there to be even more Joe hate to put on ignore

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2024 4:26 PM

R22 The idea that fans look after Joe more than Kit is hilarious. The guy was getting death threats and they were crying someone was standing outside Kit's hotel and being pushy and saying Joe's not famous enough for anyone to want to harm.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2024 4:29 PM

R22 with all respect I would say the opposite. if anything, the entire cast is OVER babied and infantalized by fans. i say that thinking kit absolutely deserved to be defended for the queerbaiting shit. it was fucking evil. but the fandom does not treat him as more adult or less in need of support because of his looks. they make fucking weird edits of him fidgeting and say he's so clearly anxious and shy, turn every troll cc about kit or joe into a huge melodrama about how protective they are of them, and make weird fucking infantalizing comments about how kit despises being called hot. i think kit's looks and demeanor have nothing to do with people being cunts to him. i think it's that trolls fucking suck and sadly know they got a reaction from him, a fully justified one might i add, about calling him a queerbaiter so now they'll keep doing it.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2024 4:29 PM

R24 I don't get where you are taking that I think fans look after Joe more than Kit. I have not mentioned Joe in any of my comments about this. R25 That's fair. I remember when film accounts posted about Kit's birthday last year, a lot of people were shocked he was only 19. They tweeted that they felt bad he went through what he went through so young as they thought he was older.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2024 4:35 PM

R26 i don't think the birthday comments example really changes my thoughts tho i get what you were saying. because it doesn't seem like anyone thought what happened to him was ok. just they already thought it was bad but knowing he was even younger makes it even worse.

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2024 4:38 PM

Continuing last thread's ode to sparkly Loewe outfit. Joe fixing Kit's flag at Pride is another classic despite the homophobic cutaway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2024 4:39 PM

R26 I do think the cast looked up to Kit a lot because he was the most experienced. There must have been a sense of taking on this role that maybe was heavy to take on as a 17 year old. Always hated when Patrick called Kit “the king”. He was so young. At the same time, I hated how fans would jump on Joe’s neck every time he breathed wrong (in their eyes). Hated the way Alice would complain in interviews when Joe and Kit had to deal with so much more.

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2024 4:40 PM

I think I see where R26 is coming from, and I don’t want there to be 5 alt accounts from the same person, so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. HS fans deep in the trenches are all crazy and definitely infantilize the entire cast. But I do think more casual fans and the public at large assume Kit’s in his early 20’s. He’s very mature, looks older now than he’s so built, etc. But the fandom itself is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2024 4:41 PM

R26 and i didn't leave r24 but for me at least the point was we had been discussing in the last thread how the cast treats kit versus joe, and agreed the cast loved and protected both pretty equally but that joe was maybe treated a little differently because of factors like them being the only ones to really understand how much bullying had hurt him, and him being a generally more anxious person, while kit was an old pro when they went on set who they looked up to so wouldn't really baby as much. i think in that context, and i get it wasn't meant this way, saying kit is less taken care of or not "as much" as unnamed others, it's a pretty reasonable inference that you were referencing joe. because that was the entire context of the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2024 4:42 PM

R26 Do you not read the context of the conversations that are going on before you comment?

How it started

[quote] to be fair I think kit also forgets Joe isn’t the baby of the group

[quote] With Kit, I think everyone is definitely protective of him, especially after his coming out. But they've also mentioned him as a leader or guide of sorts because he had the most experience when they all started working together in S1. They all talk about it as though he still 100% treated them equally and was very kind and patient with them, but I imagine that created a shift where they were never going to quite see him as the baby. Tangentially, there's that cute anecdote about how their castmates knew the show would be good as soon as Joe and Kit started performing during S1 read-throughs. It would seriously be the smartest thing to release physical media with that behind the scenes stuff people would eat up. The S2 read-through video is famous to this day.

[quote] and to your point of seeing/not seeing someone as the baby: I think your reasoning makes a lot of sense and will say in reverse with everyone treating Joe so gently that they’ve all mentioned him being anxious and overthinking, and very obviously the nonstop shit he got on Twitter impacted him more than we’ve seen so I think those things interplay to make him a little more doted on to use the DL phrase

[quote] Yeah, you can't even chalk it up to physicality in S1 since Kit was still pretty tiny himself. Joe and Kit would often call themselves similar to their characters in S1 press, so while they were filming, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone was affectionately protective of Joe in the same way S1 has everyone affectionately protective of Charlie

And then you

[quote]The youngest of the cast is Cormarc, right? And then Kit? I feel bad for Kit because I feel people see him as being older so they don't look out for him as much.

People were talking about Joe, you show up and say no, actually Kit's the youngest and don't look out for him. Not hard to see how people think you were implying something about Joe

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2024 4:43 PM

R30 I mean maybe I’m just very very jaded by Twitter but cast aside, I don’t think any young stars are treated well whether they look older or younger. Millie Bobby Brown was clearly a child, like 13, when people first got on her for being annoying and talking too much and pissing them off. Even if kit still had a baby face and was small don’t know the general public would be kinder

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2024 4:43 PM

R30 The reception to Kit almost seems split at sometimes. I do think most are now aware that he looks quite a bit older than he is, and he doesn't really have the babyface that he did in S1. For those that watched S2, the physical transformation really jumped out at them if they weren't following cast stuff during the wait between seasons.

But the coming out scene with Olivia is perhaps the most famous of the entire show thus far. For those that don't watch the show or maybe just watch it casually, the image of him in that scene may be the strongest in their minds, coupled with Kit's own coming out where he did personally underline that he was 18 at the time. DiscussingFilm even used a shot from the Olivia scene in The Wild Robot announcement, though that's not too jarring as a children's animated movie where he may very well pitch himself younger.

All of this to say: In terms of coming out, both because of S1 Nick's big scene and Kit's own story, he's often remembered as younger than he is to highlight the true fuckery of it all. So it makes sense that that's what people are most protective about when it comes to Kit.

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2024 4:47 PM

R34 yeah basically I just don’t think kit singularly amongst the cast is given untold shit based on looking older. Ironically, and I know the OG commenter said they weren’t alluding to Joe, I’ve seen people express surprise Joe is over 18 in the exact same tweet they’re calling him hideous so I don’t think knowing kit is only 19 would help. And I want to be very clear this isn’t me trying to insist we should care less about the shit kit gets. It’s just saying that people do not see age as an impediment to ac completely monstrous to young stars

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2024 4:55 PM

Kobie truther, got something for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2024 5:00 PM

The red nose is cute. Is it cold in New York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2024 5:02 PM

R35 No, you're right. There's actually a queer Twitter account that can be ruthless about how attractive they find celebrities, and I saw him make a vague tweet about how people should stop being so nasty about Joe since he's only nineteen. I think this was the Vogue Self-Portrait picture that blew up because of the Elf bar comparison? Anyway, even that guy had some reservations just based on age alone. But unfortunately, not a lot of people care.

It's funny because being famous is such a common dream when you're growing up, but in this age of social media being so nasty, that dream can become a nightmare on top of the usual pitfalls for child stars and young actors.

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2024 5:03 PM

R35 My thing is a lot of people think Joe is the less looked after by the fans and fandom. If someone think it’s Kit, why is it a problem? Realistically, Yaz would be the one but we all have our reasons.

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2024 5:25 PM

R39 I want to say something that's completely wrong and that has no basis in reality, why is that a problem is basically what you are saying

Also not saying they "look after" Kit in a decent way either. They are fucking annoying, treat him like a child and then equally seem to think he's their bestie they can lovingly roast. With joe, they just don't give a shit at all one way or the other

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2024 5:30 PM

R39 ok that’s your opinion? You can think that opinion is fine, but how are people who then disagree with him in the wrong? It seems like the only acceptable response to you is “you’re so right it IS Kit.” If people disagree they can voice that.

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2024 5:30 PM

R40 Correction, don't give a shit until he does something that they want to cancel him for while holding him to a higher standard than anyone else in the cast

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2024 5:31 PM

R39 and in all seriousness: it’s absolutely yaz. Theres just no world in which a black trans woman isn’t receiving outsized hate even compared to other minorities in the cast. But — and not defending the fandom here, but also calling myself out a bit since I’m also guilty of this — I think a lot of her hate is done more privately than Joe or Kit’s which is why the conversation focuses more on them. I absolutely believe her DMs are fucking disgusting. And her mentioned tweets after Doctor Who were vile, I reported many and bitched about them here. But obvious fandom bias aside I do think how public the hate is versus “private”, so mentions and tweets versus DMs, plays a role

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2024 5:34 PM

R39 and my last point is, and genuinely not trying to rant at you because I think it’s fine to disagree, I’ve also never claimed or supported the idea that Joe gets “worse” hate. I think what I’ve said very consistently is the only metric that matters is that it’s very deeply hurt both of them so comparing “Joe gets X number of mean tweets a day and Kit gets Y number” is dumb. So I don’t think your point is best directed at me anyway, since I’ve also relied to people saying Joe gets more hate or who were IMO downplaying the biphobia Kit gets to call that out.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2024 5:36 PM

R41 Then why call him a troll for that? That’s my point though. We should be able to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2024 5:38 PM

R45 it’s a pattern of behaviour. I’ve said it hm, 5 times at this point? And given you like 5 examples beyond this comment. You can disagree but please stop ignoring the shit I’ve said to build your own narrative that I don’t care about kit

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2024 5:39 PM

R45 sorry but this is pissing me off. If that was his only comment on the matter fair enough. I’ve listed multiple others. 1. Claiming one day to know nothing about the breakup and opining on it the next. 2. Saying Joe doesn’t have shitty PR just “different goals” and isn’t as strategic as Kit. 3. Saying bash is a good guy and not a clout chaser confusingly right after saying he never liked bash. 4. Saying Joe posted OF Nick to snipe at bash. 5. Now this.

Again, disagree with me, fine. But oversimplifying the shit I’ve said and again the TWO other times I’ve been the first person on these threads to pinpoint a troll in order to imply I’m downplaying kits experience is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2024 5:45 PM

R47 I feel like whenever someone wants to share a feeling of support for Kit and they don’t mention Joe, they’re deemed a troll. I know you gave other exemples but I find all of them unfair. He hasn’t said crazy things at all.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2024 5:54 PM

Tbh if all your fan comments, while saying you are a Joe guy, also included backhanded comments about "the haters" since you have to mention that first, hard to take you seriously as an actual fan. Anyway, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2024 5:54 PM

Did Kit's followers/following change on his finsta today? I know the numbers look different I just can't remember what it was at before.

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2024 5:55 PM

R48 and I disagree with you. Stop thinking everyone has an issue with kit because we’re very reasonably wary that feaulein made her fourth alt. Sometimes someone disagreeing with you is disagreeing with YOU, not hating your fav.

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2024 5:56 PM

This is also the second time I’ve voiced concern this person is a troll and the first one didn’t mention kit at all: check the receipts before deciding you need to white knight.

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2024 5:58 PM

R48 you see nothing weird about making more or less back to back comments saying you never liked bash and joe was your fav (after someone says you come off as a troll) and then that bash is admirable and not a clout chaser and handling the breakup well and then that your alleged fav posted an IG story to try to bait the guy you allegedly hate? alright

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2024 6:00 PM

R28 Pretty sure that's my gif, how did that old hag get it?

Quick break to take a second to admire how bonkers the casts Kit and Joe are part of are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2024 6:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2024 6:03 PM

R54 it’s legit insane. And the face that everyone who meets them loves them: what crazy connections. I know there’s reasonable Pedro fatigue but he seems to legit love working with younger actors based on how he interacts with Bella and Kit is so fucking likable that if he meets him during press as seems likely I can see him being really lovely to Kit

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2024 6:07 PM

R52 Lol okay R53 No? You’re removing all context of course it sounds bad that way. If you want to think the Bash troll has 20 alts, go for it.

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2024 6:07 PM

R50 The person that always deactivates and reactivates deactivated again, that’s the only change. Numbers went down by one.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2024 6:07 PM

Again, think what you want. Just (1) stop implying that me thinking someone is a troll is because I don’t like Kit: it’s fucked up and rude of you. And (2) stop ignoring facts that don’t fit the victim complex narrative you’ve invented for yourself. And (3) I will be @ ing you if this person shows their ass and is a Fraulein alt and at that point maybe third time will be lucky and you’ll stop insisting you’re right that of course she wouldn’t make yet another identity.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2024 6:09 PM

R54 The quote tweets thinking that it was a Fantastic Four announcement for a second crack me up. Kit wouldn’t have been a bad Johnny if he was older.

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2024 6:10 PM

[quote] You’re removing all context of course it sounds bad that way. If you want to think the Bash troll has 20 alts, go for it.

go read the post history, removing very little context. and funny you keep acting like its crazy to think she has another alt when she already has 2 others including one I think you denied was an alt and then had to say you were wrong about.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2024 6:11 PM

R57 Not sure why you think one more is so strange when the troll admitted to making multiple accounts because nobody was replying anymore and just talking around her, which is again what's happening. and anytime a comment is left people mention it's the troll so anther block

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2024 6:11 PM

R61 Mate, idgaf. If you want to think he’s the Bash troll, go ahead. You’ll get to say I told you so if you’re right.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2024 6:14 PM

R63 for someone who doesn’t gaf you whine a lot

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2024 6:15 PM

R64 Like a true Dler

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2024 6:21 PM

If the person is right they need more than I told you so

And Joe again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2024 6:30 PM

Not a troll but do feel discouraged now from posting here. If you had a problem with any of my past comments, dude you could have said something. Collecting comments to make some type of data is weird.

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2024 6:33 PM

R66 he’s so fucking cute

R67 ok then

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2024 6:34 PM

“Collecting comments” if you’ve been on here two days and have a long enough track record for people to do that then idk mate

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2024 6:35 PM

R67 Everyone has told you the second you posted. Anyway, if you aren't don't let it bother you and continue posting. If you are, please stop paying Muriel

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2024 6:36 PM

Never beating the cunt allegations.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2024 6:37 PM

Sorry but you are all cunts to the biggest degree Lmao. I already admitted to my second account, why would I hide now?! Joe stans are miserable cunts!

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2024 6:39 PM

R68 also booked, busy, talented, successful and glowing. Also finally has a new shirt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2024 6:40 PM

R73 still so glad British Airways didn’t lose the Agatha cap. Would’ve had to go to war

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2024 6:40 PM

R73 The face you see in your nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2024 6:41 PM

Yaz posted with Joe

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2024 7:02 PM

R76 really really cute. Glad they got to meet up

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2024 7:05 PM

Both looking really good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2024 7:06 PM

R77 That's really sweet. And the fact she posted it on her stories is endearing. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2024 7:09 PM

R78 I'd say the coordinating red is a coincidence but you never know with Yaz!

Really cute and the ultimate proof we can't predict everything. I don't think anyone had Yaz as the first cast visit on their bingo card, even with NYFF.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2024 7:09 PM

R80 I’ll probably wrongly call it now that Tobie and Kit might be the last. If they go right in early May, they can see Will play with Laufey, see Joe in sweeney Todd (presumably not the final performance for obvious reasons), kit can go to the met gala, and then since Joe ends May 5th actually have a few days to really hang out with one another in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2024 7:11 PM

R80 Oop, make that NYFW.

I also find it sweet because when Will mentioned everyone being a tighter unit in S1, I did wonder if he meant Yaz was more involved with everyone back then. But she does seem more involved lately, between that recent party in London and now visiting Joe.

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2024 7:13 PM

Never would have thought Yaz would be the first one to go! That’s cool of her. They grew up together. Cute. Laughing that the Bash troll was sure no one would see Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2024 7:14 PM

R81 A solid prediction, though I could see Tobie going earlier with another group or with his bestie. He's fond enough of Joe* to see him a second time with Kit, though.

*Not a ship war since Kit is equally fond of Joe, his schedule is just more of a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2024 7:18 PM

R84 I can definitely see Tobie going twice; think if he can only swing once (financially or schedule wise) he’d probably go with Kit but we’ll see! Those are the two I feel close to certain will go. Many others wouldn’t shock me but I’m not as “sure” about

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2024 7:20 PM

I'd be surprised if Tobie goes twice. I think if he was going to go more than once one of the times would've been his opening night.

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2024 7:22 PM

I really wasn’t expecting Yas to be the first to visit him, assuming it’s just a catch up and she may not be at the show with him tonight. How cute though. I think she’s fond of him and the rest of the cast, but is a bit self absorbed so doesn’t really make a conscious effort, but this was nice.

People are probably more freely able to visit him this time around right enough, not like when he was on a set last year which meant nothing of note until after the 6 months.

Maybe the rest of the cast will go when then can sporadically, but travelling to New York is a bit different from if it were London. I’m solidly expecting Kit and Tobie to go and maybe Will. The rest would be a pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2024 7:23 PM

I’m also more so expecting news of cast members being there or his family and friends when it’s the weekend for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2024 7:25 PM

R86 In a way, the shows happening from tonight onwards are another opening of sorts. Not that I mean Tobie will be there today, just an observation about Aaron and Sutton starting a new chapter.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2024 7:27 PM

R88 I think Sunday or Weds matinees are the most likely days people will go, since Joe has Monday and Tuesday off so they can hang out in that time

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2024 7:29 PM

R86 Same. Traveling to Nyc is pretty expensive. I imagine Yaz got flown out for fashion week and she stopped by to meet with Joe. I don’t think Tobie has that type of money.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2024 7:30 PM

The relief of him having loved ones visiting him the last couple of days

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2024 7:30 PM

R91 Not you calling Tobie a broke-ass scrub, omg.

This is cool to see laid out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2024 7:34 PM

This is really cute

R91 yeah fair. Also a pride thing I think: nothing wrong with not having the money or time for two trips to NYC within a few months, but while I’m sure Joe would be happy to pay for Tobie to come visit as he’s done with his IOM mates, I can get how accepting that from a best friend who’s also a “colleague” is less appealing than from a best friend who’s an actor while you’re a broke student

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2024 7:36 PM

Is Joe wearing a drivers hat, because I didn’t know I needed to see him wearing one until now.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2024 7:42 PM

R95 probably just the angle on a baseball cap

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2024 7:42 PM

R93 Holy shit it looks insane when it's all laid out like that. Very happy for Kit.

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2024 7:43 PM

R94 I am an uncle to a couple of great kids and I’m going to put in my pitch in now that I should be the ones that take them to see this. It sounds amazing

Joe sharing the photo of he and Yaz is cute as fuck. He’s gets so sappy away from home. I’d only be 50/50 on him sharing this normally

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2024 7:51 PM

Art Director from Wonderland tagged Kit. Is the third slide a new photo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2024 7:57 PM

R99 think I’ve seen it or a very similar one before. Hes so hot. Flawless skin

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2024 7:58 PM

To answer my own question, a cropped version of the third slide was posted online before but it looks like the full version was printed in the hard copy.

R99 Agree. His skin is perfect.

R78 They look good. I like Joe's outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2024 8:05 PM

Genuinely sweet Joe & Yaz hug from that infamous day last summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2024 8:11 PM

r102 and her asking if he was ok in the fuller clip

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2024 8:23 PM

Yaz doing charity. Half the stans posting about her are fake! They dropped her a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2024 8:29 PM

Idk how two hot guys can have this little chemistry together. I hear they’re making a sequel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2024 8:40 PM

From Daniel Tweardy- Torres

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2024 8:57 PM

R106 the fucking wig

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2024 9:02 PM

It's upgraded from Gaten's at least

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2024 9:03 PM

R106 She’s so pretty

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2024 9:03 PM

R105 I find Taylor’s bro voice aggravating.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2024 9:04 PM

R106 He also said

[quote] a big highlight for me was getting to be pirelli for joe locke's broadway debut, which he absolutely knocked out of the park. his tobias is a must see!

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2024 9:09 PM

R106 not the fuck ass wig. It sounds like Joe plays the wig reveal hilariously though

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2024 9:10 PM

If you don't love him with a wig you don't deserve him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2024 9:31 PM

R113 where is that from

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2024 9:32 PM

R114 No clue. Was on twitter for 2 seconds before it got deleted

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2024 9:33 PM

R114 Looks like someone superimposed Joe’s head onto Gaten body with AI to me.

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2024 9:36 PM

R116 Probably. Joe's wig looks a little better than that

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2024 9:37 PM

Deleted it so morons (such as myself) won't spread it around.

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2024 9:38 PM

R113 seems fake

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2024 9:41 PM

Joe looks different in his costume and the mouth doesn’t look quite right to me. Blurred

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2024 9:45 PM

To the guys that read The Wild Robot, do you get the feeling that Kit would be paired with Lupita for press based on the character you guys think he's playing?

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2024 9:52 PM

R121 They are basically the leads, unless they do Lupita and Pedro (kinda assuming he's playing some antagonist role) and maybe have Kit do press with some of the other younger actors who haven't been announced

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2024 9:57 PM

There's a Conan/Kit truther in Conan's fanbase:

[quote]I think there is a chance Conan’s british ex is Kit Connor (anon because I don’t want to get hate for saying this). The guy in his lonely dancers music video looks almost identical to Kit and is dressed like Kit plus the brunette girl he’s kissing looks identical to that girl Maia Reficco that Kit was dating last year. I saw videos that they were together for halloween last year and Kit had been liking Conan’s pictures for a while then stopped. The rest of the heartstopper cast all follows Conan and we know that Conan spent a lot of time in London last year because he was dating someone there. Conan and Kit are both super private people so it makes sense we never really saw them in public. I know it’s a crazy theory but I thought i’d share because I feel like I shouldn’t be the only one to notice this??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2024 9:58 PM

R124 I absolutely fucking love this unhinged theory

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2024 10:01 PM

R123 I'll take it, though easily debunked since Joe never liked his stuff (or followed? not sure) before he hung out with Olivia and him I don't think

[quote]you do know kit is 19... and conans 25... i really dont think so.

Not sure why this made me laugh. HS fandom would say Kit's a teen and Conan is pushing 30

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2024 10:03 PM

R123 absolute nonsense but love it. Kit stopped liking his pics frequently right when Joe stopped filming which I think we all interpreted as having his favourite slim twink back but sure, it’s a breakup.

R122 hard to say. Theyre definitely the two lead roles. Would assume Pedro is playing the other robot sent to destroy Roz who as he’s dying tells her humans will never stop looking for her, and would assume Stephanie is voicing Chitchat who is Kit’s character’s friend. So could kind of go any way.

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2024 10:06 PM

R125 I'm wrong, Joe has liked a lot of his posts for awhile, just does it more now. I'm on board

Kit hasn't liked a post since June

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2024 10:11 PM

R105 The only good scene was the love making scene, othered weren’t bad but they’re defo not winning awards or being the besties everyone wants them to be.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2024 10:19 PM

R127 The last one Kit liked was July 31.

My memory of last summer is pretty fuzzy. Does anyone remember what Kit had going on August and September? The strike was still on.

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2024 10:21 PM

R129 I think he was mostly hanging out with the guys and his Whitgift friends a lot and, in retrospect, might've been recording for The Wild Robot.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2024 10:23 PM

Reading the comments on that Reddit post. Conan’s said his London guy left him for another man. Kit stops liking his posts when Joe came home. All checks out.

(Obviously kidding).

by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2024 10:23 PM

Actually just kidding, VO would be scabbing. He might've done that in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 132February 9, 2024 10:23 PM

R129 I mean pretty much just doing pap walks and having undisclosed drinks with Joe and Tobie until filming started. The it was filming and having cheeky smokes with Will in the freezing cold. Possibly did some voice work (though I suspect that was during his random LA trip).

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2024 10:24 PM

I want to say he probably recorded his stuff in the spring, before the strike.

by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2024 10:25 PM

The way people kept calling him unemployed and there's a high chance he did HS3, The Wild Robot, and One of Us in the span of a year.

by Anonymousreply 135February 9, 2024 10:27 PM

R129 fashion shows,vogue world, hanging with joe and tobie, animal charity thing, think he did do some interviews too. Don't really think he was having a secret love affair, but who knows

old fav since I had to look at this cunty update page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 9, 2024 10:29 PM

R135 people are dramatic. It’s one thing to worry about agents or PR, I think people on here mostly do that in good faith. But the way that Joe was prophecied to have no future in acting because Kit and Bash booked romcoms and he didn’t or Kit was called unemployed because his work was in the UK and Ireland primarily and not publicly announced is wild

by Anonymousreply 137February 9, 2024 10:29 PM

Jesus KCI is fucking useless. Can anyone remember when Kit posted that selfie in front the window at his (West Hollywood?) Hotel? I think it was directly before his first mystery NY trip.

R137 all the fans are dramatic arseholes. It’s fine to have concern but maybe don’t put that shit on Twitter where it just looks like you are shitting on your fave or his best mate (which could be either of them).

by Anonymousreply 138February 9, 2024 10:32 PM

R138 they also often do it in a charming way which shits on both. Joe books something great: they immediately say omg he has something new so kit needs to start working ASAP. Nice job calling one unemployed and the other unworthy

by Anonymousreply 139February 9, 2024 10:33 PM

R138 I’m pretty sure it was on my birthday, so May 15th.

by Anonymousreply 140February 9, 2024 10:34 PM

R140 You're right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 9, 2024 10:35 PM

He was there from the may 13th onward I think. Pics of him out with his agent on the 14 from the night before

by Anonymousreply 142February 9, 2024 10:36 PM

R141 thanks for that - I truly thought I’d hit all the search terms

R140 full DSL pic too (his fav pose) - quite the birthday present

by Anonymousreply 143February 9, 2024 10:37 PM

He went from there to NY for a bit I think so it would have been a good time to record VO. Does anyone know anything about how long a feature takes?

by Anonymousreply 144February 9, 2024 10:38 PM

Joes little face far left

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 9, 2024 10:39 PM

R138 Weren't those both (LA and NYC) Loewe-related?

by Anonymousreply 146February 9, 2024 10:39 PM

He was there for awhile.

R146 I think he attended things while there but possibly two birds. Could be totally wrong and he recorded in London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 9, 2024 10:41 PM

R146 He went to events in both cities but he was with his agents in LA and spent a good chunk of time in NY, so was probably doing other things.

by Anonymousreply 148February 9, 2024 10:42 PM

Conan said on the Zach gang podcast that his ex broke up with him while he was midair on a plane to see him in London. Obviously, we don’t know Kit but I doubt he do something like that.

by Anonymousreply 149February 9, 2024 10:46 PM

I could be wrong but the wasn’t the NY event not really something you would necessarily make an effort to travel for? I mean maybe it was but from memory it was a JW Anderson launch of collab or something. Kit travels for a lot of stuff for Jonathan but I remember at the time thinking he must have other stuff happening there. Geriatric memory today

by Anonymousreply 150February 9, 2024 10:48 PM

R150 Basically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 9, 2024 10:51 PM

R151 yeah, you don’t travel for a shoe launch. That shit happens all the time - you only see it if one of your faves is there (Joe at the Longchamp event another example).

by Anonymousreply 152February 9, 2024 10:54 PM

Further aside - I had forgotten how hot he looked that night. How does one do casual and high fashion at such fucking high levels of aptitude and fuckableness (I’ve decided this a word). Joe is the same (particularly now in his casual wear)

by Anonymousreply 153February 9, 2024 10:57 PM

You're right, Kit's NY/DC photo dump was June 11 so he probably did the season 2 American press when he was there in May and I'm not sure why I thought he was there for Loewe only.

by Anonymousreply 154February 9, 2024 10:57 PM

R154 I think he actually did most of the season 2 American press on his second trip to NY, which was in June.

by Anonymousreply 155February 9, 2024 11:00 PM

R154 some, maybe. He clearly flew back when Joe finished filming, which he did basically right up to that random photo of them in Netflix when they recorded scene swap. Joe has short hair so it was after Teen Vogue

by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2024 11:00 PM

Eric’s at Sweeney Todd to see Joe.

by Anonymousreply 157February 9, 2024 11:10 PM

R157 Eric's a good guy. Attend the tale of Joe Locke

by Anonymousreply 158February 9, 2024 11:16 PM

That’s so nice. I was the one the other day talking about Joe (and Kit) not having a proper network and how that meant they were missing the guys older than you that help you navigate community. I know Eric lives in another country but I’m glad Joe has him. Hopefully he’s giving the Doc Brown major side eye and dropping hints Joe can do much better

by Anonymousreply 159February 9, 2024 11:16 PM

With two people from Curtis Brown too. Eric is such a good guy

by Anonymousreply 160February 9, 2024 11:18 PM

Eric seems to go to London for long stretches of time even if he lives in NY, so yeah glad he has him

Took me forever to find him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 9, 2024 11:21 PM

R161 he’s so tiny

by Anonymousreply 162February 9, 2024 11:22 PM

R161 Where’s Wally; twink edition

by Anonymousreply 163February 9, 2024 11:25 PM

Going to be a megathread for people to discuss Sutton and Aaron; linking as there may be some Joe comments when the show ends in a few hours

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 9, 2024 11:55 PM

All his sugar daddies are here today, nice!!

by Anonymousreply 165February 10, 2024 12:05 AM

R164 thanks for this. Show ends in a little under two hours (around 10pm) for those interested

by Anonymousreply 166February 10, 2024 12:16 AM

Oh no. Not my Joe Bash comment just being liked on the thread of the break up weekend - In response to Joe’s Slut story. At least I was saying I hope they played with others together. I stand by that.

by Anonymousreply 167February 10, 2024 12:37 AM

R167 They seemed too vanilla for that

first tweet from an Aaron fan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 10, 2024 12:41 AM

Comments thus far seem to think Aaron is killing the acting but doesn’t have the right voice. Sutton is funny but no Annaleigh with a bad accent

by Anonymousreply 169February 10, 2024 12:47 AM

I thought Annaleigh was also thought to have a bad accent by some?

by Anonymousreply 170February 10, 2024 12:49 AM

Sutton hating DLer will be happy

[quote] Sutton is a MESS. She’s just all over the place, and I’m having trouble buying her Mrs Lovett as little more than a caricature. Delaney Westfall was hands down a better Lovett, and Annaleigh had far better timing. She’s just not funny….at all.

Reviews for neither are great (Aaron getting good acting reviews, but all of them don't like his singing

Suspect Joe won't get a lot of attention tonight

by Anonymousreply 171February 10, 2024 12:50 AM

R170 she was. The comment I read said “if you think her accent was bad then oof”. I think the annaleigh consensus was that she was so fucking funny that the bad accent didn’t matter and maybe added to the whole experience

by Anonymousreply 172February 10, 2024 12:50 AM

R171 yeah I’m guessing the majority of the reviews will understandably be about whether the Sutton and Aaron gamble worked. I know it’s highly unlikely any critics go back for round 2 but I’d love if they did

by Anonymousreply 173February 10, 2024 12:51 AM

Okay I love how one comment completely roasts Sutton and the next one says it's her show. One comment says they stole from the understudies and the other one said they made the characters their own. Broadway fans are useless

by Anonymousreply 174February 10, 2024 12:51 AM

R174 I honestly don’t feel invested other than wanting Joe to be amazing, which he has been, but I can see a situation where the person who said she made it her own hadn’t seen the understudies, but was comparing her to Annaleigh. And she has a very different performance from her, but the very similar one to one or both of the under studies. That’s my guess anyway.

by Anonymousreply 175February 10, 2024 12:53 AM

Aaron also keep dropping his accent while singing. Bring back the understudies!

by Anonymousreply 176February 10, 2024 12:54 AM

Pretty much everyone called Aaron's voice not being a fit the second he was announced. Shame.

R167 I'm getting likes on old posts, too. Forgot how much of a cunt Lee's always been about Kit, they called him a basic white boy with no personality in one of their comments. I guess they only register "attention whoring clown" as a personality.

I was so ready for the downfall of Joe/Bash:

[quote]That's probably the most frauish thing about these threads, that they often read like joebashcandies's Twitter account with some of the Joe/Bash fanfiction people come up with. It is entertaining, though.

by Anonymousreply 177February 10, 2024 12:55 AM

R177 I live in shame for some of our comments, but at least we didn't think Bash was a bottom like JBC

by Anonymousreply 178February 10, 2024 12:56 AM

R177 so fucking funny. You had had it

by Anonymousreply 179February 10, 2024 12:57 AM

R178 In a way, he is a bottom. Bottom of our rankings, bottom of the pile in terms of talent, etc.

R179 If I had to hear about one more musty shared sweater again...

by Anonymousreply 180February 10, 2024 12:58 AM

I never thought they’d last forever but I absolutely said at the time of the breakup that they might be friends eventually or even hook up again (not date) on the set of s3. Lol

by Anonymousreply 181February 10, 2024 12:59 AM

R181 we were probably in furious agreement with each other. Tragic

by Anonymousreply 182February 10, 2024 1:02 AM

Why did someone like this comment

[quote] Probably his GFs he seems to have brought. The Will and Kit hookup dreams are over fellas

forgot we used to talk about that

by Anonymousreply 183February 10, 2024 1:02 AM

R183 as soon as Joe and Kit reunited after the bash breakup we had our eyes on the real prize. Sorry to all other men

by Anonymousreply 184February 10, 2024 1:04 AM

R181 I'm pretty sure I kept arguing with you that they had no friendship to go back to and that I very much doubted they'd hook up.

by Anonymousreply 185February 10, 2024 1:04 AM

R180 but it was a sign of longstanding true love - as it now is replace-a-twink. Amazing how much Joe’s casual style has improved since the break up

by Anonymousreply 186February 10, 2024 1:04 AM

Had to close that old thread. I can't read old threads. I saw one comment I made about Bash and I want to kms

Stop torturing me random person

by Anonymousreply 187February 10, 2024 1:05 AM

R185 not that guy but I was adamant that queer guys do it better and maintain friendships with ex’s immediately and amicably all the time. This was a lesson in not making universal assumptions

by Anonymousreply 188February 10, 2024 1:09 AM

R185 don’t think you argued with me specifically because I think I said the friendship thing in a hand wavey way. I was shocked and a little sad for them but not so invested that I would keep pressing the point. Do still think Joe would’ve been really happy to be on friendly “hey how are you”, able to chat briefly at the same event terms if bash wasn’t such a cunt though

by Anonymousreply 189February 10, 2024 1:11 AM

the broadway thread is gonna roast the shit out of this. his voice doesn't fit at all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 10, 2024 1:12 AM

R190 was coming here to post that exactly. Really need a deeper voice for Sweeney. Probably smart given his pitch to lean into the acting element instead

by Anonymousreply 191February 10, 2024 1:14 AM

R190 You know how some people have smartphone face? He has smartphone voice. This is a frat bro singing Sondheim at karaoke.

by Anonymousreply 192February 10, 2024 1:23 AM

I only want the show to do well for joe, not that it would be his problem, though the tveit tots don't care he's a tenor so hopefully they keep buying tickets

by Anonymousreply 193February 10, 2024 1:24 AM

R192 absolutely savage

by Anonymousreply 194February 10, 2024 1:24 AM

Yaz was at the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 10, 2024 1:31 AM

Yaz is there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196February 10, 2024 1:31 AM

R196 so nice. Less nice - this Lisa woman who appears to be there when Joe arrives and at stage door every single day. Fucking weird

by Anonymousreply 197February 10, 2024 1:34 AM

R188 Queer guys that respect their exs can. Bash loves himself too much to let his childish and petty ex humiliate him on social media and be cool with him. Seems like you have no self respect like your fave.

by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2024 1:35 AM

this person is listening via cell phone, hardcore

next tweet

[quote] i think i actually enjoy his not while im around more than gaten’s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 10, 2024 1:36 AM

Actually unclear how this woman knows that. She posted yesterday a photo of coffee spilled on herself saying it was how her NYC trip ended so she’s not there

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2024 1:36 AM

R199 Maria really is excellent as Joanna

by Anonymousreply 201February 10, 2024 1:37 AM

R200 okay strange. I just noticed she’s been skulking around for days

by Anonymousreply 202February 10, 2024 1:44 AM

Not sure how she knew, but Yaz was there. someone else saw her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 10, 2024 2:00 AM

R203 that’s really lovely

by Anonymousreply 204February 10, 2024 2:01 AM

We need other scenes without music or bg noise…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 10, 2024 2:03 AM

R205 I can't believe Yaz is the first one to go. Should have bet on her.

by Anonymousreply 206February 10, 2024 2:04 AM

How lovely of her to go, she must be doing fashion week or has another project in the works

by Anonymousreply 207February 10, 2024 2:06 AM

R206 we didn’t do the maths or NYFW. I blame the hardcore fashion gay. Guy, where were you on this? (I also blame myself but I’ve got to share this)

by Anonymousreply 208February 10, 2024 2:06 AM

Joe gonna run and hide right past this mess, not that they'll notice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 10, 2024 2:10 AM

R209 skittish lad will be close to a heart attack

by Anonymousreply 210February 10, 2024 2:10 AM

JFC those Tveit Tots are not fucking around

by Anonymousreply 211February 10, 2024 2:13 AM

R209 Lmao no one care about him.

by Anonymousreply 212February 10, 2024 2:14 AM

R208 I'm still not convinced she's there for NYFW because the shows are so mid compared to the European weeks. Unless she becomes a Rodarte girl or something.

by Anonymousreply 213February 10, 2024 2:14 AM

R211 That's why they are called tveit trash. Apparently they were super rowdy too

by Anonymousreply 214February 10, 2024 2:15 AM

R208 I swear she's been wearing a Yankees cap recently, which obviously has nothing to do with Joe, but someone like a Swiftie would have read into that as foreshadowing for a NY trip. We gotta shape up!

by Anonymousreply 215February 10, 2024 2:16 AM

R215 fucking useless

R213 I’d actually love to see her in Rodart. So wildly opposite to her established style

by Anonymousreply 216February 10, 2024 2:18 AM

I'm glad Joe on Broadway will take the sting out of Marvel inevitably fucking this up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 10, 2024 2:21 AM

R217 still think Wiccan will be well written so we’ll see

by Anonymousreply 218February 10, 2024 2:22 AM

Huh, looks like Yaz turned her tags off 3 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 219February 10, 2024 2:24 AM

R217 If he's Skaar people are going to riot

by Anonymousreply 220February 10, 2024 2:25 AM

R213 honestly would love it if it was the case but tell me why im expecting Christian Cowan( i hope im wrong)

by Anonymousreply 221February 10, 2024 2:26 AM

R217 I trust Jac. I don’t have much confidence any many of the showrunners or directors they’ve chosen but I think Agatha will be fun. What happens after that is anyone’s guess

by Anonymousreply 222February 10, 2024 2:28 AM

From reddit

[quote] this is a Joe Locke appreciation post. Best Tobias I’ve seen yet.

after saying aaron and sutton sucked

by Anonymousreply 223February 10, 2024 2:28 AM

I shouldn’t have said Showrunners. I meant creatives. Half the issue is there hasn’t been showrunners and one of the reasons I’m pumped for Agatha is that Jac comes closest

by Anonymousreply 224February 10, 2024 2:31 AM

R217 I’m expecting either Hulkling being miscast or the relationship being neutered.

by Anonymousreply 225February 10, 2024 2:35 AM

[quote] Joe Locke has a beautiful voice, really great job on Not While I’m Around

A Reddit review praising him, Maria, and John Rapson the most

by Anonymousreply 226February 10, 2024 2:35 AM

R219 I actually wasn't expecting her to go tonight after posting the picture with Joe, but maybe they figured it'd be safe with all of the fresh attention on Aaron and Sutton.

And to be fair, pretty much only Kit would be in danger of getting mobbed if he signaled his presence ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 227February 10, 2024 2:38 AM

I saw a photo of the stagedoor on reddit from another angle. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 228February 10, 2024 2:43 AM

Joe and Sutton didn't stage door

by Anonymousreply 229February 10, 2024 2:44 AM

R229 didn’t think Joe would on their first night. Even less likely with a mate in town

by Anonymousreply 230February 10, 2024 2:45 AM

My tl has been completely fucked by Aaron being in the show. All the porn is gone and now it’s just the Tots

by Anonymousreply 231February 10, 2024 2:47 AM

I guess the Aaron fans will be taking vids when they shouldn’t but at least we can spot Joe!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 10, 2024 2:48 AM

R230 agreed. Honestly think a lot of why he stage doored relatively often his first week is he knew most people were there to see him and felt bad. Now that the majority of the crowd is for Aaron and Sutton I think he’ll likely cut back to once or twice a week

by Anonymousreply 233February 10, 2024 2:48 AM

Relatively often and it was only 2 times lmao. Joe acts like he’s too good for it already.

by Anonymousreply 234February 10, 2024 2:50 AM

Not surprised Joe and even Aaron is getting a lot more praise than Sutton on Reddit rn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 10, 2024 2:50 AM

R233 Also maybe Yaz and him have dinner plans or something. He hasn't seen her in a while.

by Anonymousreply 236February 10, 2024 2:51 AM

The Tots are crazy, but they guarantee Aaron continues being employed. Even in parts he maybe shouldn't be playing.

by Anonymousreply 237February 10, 2024 2:51 AM

R232 That screeching.

by Anonymousreply 238February 10, 2024 2:52 AM

R235 Angela Lansbury is...Mrs. Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 239February 10, 2024 2:54 AM

I guess it’s possible Joe will actually get more positive feedback as result of the leads not being loved in their roles.

Also, I had no idea Sutton had so many detractors. Those Broadway DLers are not part of small crowd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 10, 2024 2:54 AM

R240 I think a lot of it is she’s a theatre kid even for a theatre kid. Purposefully breaks to be cutesy and stuff like that. Pisses people off

by Anonymousreply 241February 10, 2024 2:55 AM

R235 What the fuck is this? She’s appalling

by Anonymousreply 242February 10, 2024 2:55 AM

Another clip, video this time, of Aaron

Actually would love to hear a recording of now while I’m around to hear how Joe sounded opposite her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 10, 2024 2:58 AM

Joe is extremely sweet to say they’re so so good. First, he got an audibly loud round of applause; second, Ruthie is so fucking fond of him; third he’s really fucking cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 10, 2024 2:59 AM

No way you guys are being such cunts to a legend. Lmao. Joe stans are insufferable. He started on Broadway last week and his fans are already acting like he’s the best thing since slice bread. Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 245February 10, 2024 3:03 AM

R244 I'm sure they'll keep improving for the rest of the run, and I know Joe has probably seen them rehearse.

To be real. I'm forgiving of Sutton because for me, nothing of hers will be a worse experience than the musical episode in the Gilmore Girls revival.

by Anonymousreply 246February 10, 2024 3:05 AM

I'm glad Broadway fans are praising Joe since I see Lola Tung praising her attempts at singing tonight, so saying Joe's great isn't just me being biased.

R244 Nice cheer

by Anonymousreply 247February 10, 2024 3:06 AM

R247 how did Lola do? Eurydice is a big role

by Anonymousreply 248February 10, 2024 3:08 AM

R248

It's something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 10, 2024 3:10 AM

[Quote] Second on Joe Locke! Was very surprised, didn't expect much but wow, he was a natural on stage and favorite vocals of the Tobias. Granted, saw Gaten and Felix who were both excellent as well!

In reply to the comment quoted at R223

by Anonymousreply 250February 10, 2024 3:11 AM

R249 she has a genuinely pretty voice but not the voice for that role

by Anonymousreply 251February 10, 2024 3:11 AM

R249 She sounds really good.

by Anonymousreply 252February 10, 2024 3:13 AM

R249 um

by Anonymousreply 253February 10, 2024 3:14 AM

She really leaned into the hamminess I guess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 10, 2024 3:18 AM

R253 Um your fave’s face card is still declining everyday.

by Anonymousreply 255February 10, 2024 3:18 AM

Suspect Joe’s hand in Eric’s story. Didn’t tag him because of his age no doubt

by Anonymousreply 256February 10, 2024 3:36 AM

Yeah, I think that's him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257February 10, 2024 3:38 AM

R256 Probably Yaz next to him.

by Anonymousreply 258February 10, 2024 3:39 AM

The over 21s ordering joes drinks for him. Eric cares about him a lot

by Anonymousreply 259February 10, 2024 3:43 AM

R257 Lmao scrambling to find an excuse, as always. He’s suggar daddy number 2. End of.

by Anonymousreply 260February 10, 2024 3:45 AM

R259 I hope something comes out of that friendship like another play announcement.

by Anonymousreply 261February 10, 2024 3:46 AM

R261 the people he tagged who went to the show with him both work for Curtis Brown which reps Joe and coincidentally Yaz so I think that’s another good sign

by Anonymousreply 262February 10, 2024 3:51 AM

Did Eric always follow Yaz or has that just happened?

by Anonymousreply 263February 10, 2024 3:55 AM

R263 He didn't before

by Anonymousreply 264February 10, 2024 3:56 AM

R259 Getting barely legal adults drunk is such a good way to take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 265February 10, 2024 3:57 AM

R263 just did. That’s sweet. Great connection for her too

by Anonymousreply 266February 10, 2024 3:57 AM

Another Reddit review that he “blew them away” and has “quite a set of lungs”. Sounds like he’s stepped it up from an already excellent start

by Anonymousreply 267February 10, 2024 4:00 AM

Something was in the air that day. Blue is a gorgeous color on Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 10, 2024 4:00 AM

R268 both so hot. Joes little princess face always fucking kills me. Kit in earth tones and Joe in blues and blacks are so good and they overlap in looking incredible in green

by Anonymousreply 269February 10, 2024 4:01 AM

R268 They were giving major heartstopper vibes back then. The crazy shippers that popped up recently would have been all over this.

by Anonymousreply 270February 10, 2024 4:09 AM

They’re so weird. Why can’t you talk in your groupchat like everyone else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271February 10, 2024 4:12 AM

R270 ‘you better chaperone your twink to Brazil’ levels of irl chemistry

by Anonymousreply 272February 10, 2024 4:13 AM

R268 I don't have his baking picture with Cori on me right now, is Joe's sweater from that day blue or grey? If it's that blue fluffy sweater, we're in for more press videos of Joe in blue. I hope Joe and Kit got to react to some S2 scenes.

by Anonymousreply 273February 10, 2024 4:17 AM

R271 everyone is clowning Sutton publicly. This isn’t really a GC thing.

by Anonymousreply 274February 10, 2024 4:18 AM

R270 They were sweeter to each other in interviews too. The 'Should I go first?' clip comes to mind. Then, their normal banter came back but it was cute to see them be shy.

by Anonymousreply 275February 10, 2024 4:19 AM

R271 That person set Sutton up with that clip, her voice has issues lately but other stuff was better. She was def hamming it up for laugh

Glad someone is not getting clowned though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276February 10, 2024 4:21 AM

R273 the fluffy blue one

by Anonymousreply 277February 10, 2024 4:21 AM

His little clap jog is fucking cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278February 10, 2024 4:26 AM

R274 Yeah, I mean I don’t think Joe wants to be associated with the people shitting on Sutton. Don’t think he was lying on his story but ymmv

by Anonymousreply 279February 10, 2024 4:35 AM

R279 I mean at this point we’re nitpicking stans to a crazy extent and I say this hating 99% of them, including that one who I think is annoying a lot of the time. I think a passing vague joke that you have to be deeply embedded in joes stories and acting life to understand is not that big a deal. No one is going to blame Joe or say he is “associated” with a stan doing that, it’s not as if he liked her tweet. Basically I just think sometimes we are too quick to critique literally every tweet.

by Anonymousreply 280February 10, 2024 4:45 AM

One of the Curtis brown people reposted with tags. It’s those two, Eric, Yaz, and joe.

by Anonymousreply 281February 10, 2024 5:01 AM

R280 Still think they’re annoying. Half of them knew nothing about Sweeney 2 weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282February 10, 2024 5:03 AM

R282 ok, you’re welcome to that opinion. I mean I ran here as soon as I heard that clip because I don’t think you need to be a theatre expert to think she sounded awful there, and I don’t think fans critiquing a colleagues performance is some awful reflection on joe. After hearing other recordings I think the guy who posted just that one set her up because her voice sounds good in a bunch of the other clips and I think it was just an overdone comedic thing in that one, not her voice failing. It’s fine that you take issue with this but I just don’t think it’s a huge deal.

by Anonymousreply 283February 10, 2024 5:06 AM

He really is so fucking good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 10, 2024 5:10 AM

R217 Reading that thread and the person replied it's not skaar that will be Teddy, someone mentioned maybe Jack Champion, he was a nameless kid in Avenger's Endgame. Joe followed him last year though unfollowed him really quickly. A random wild theory

by Anonymousreply 285February 10, 2024 5:22 AM

R285 that was floated as a theory last year here, that he was a possible hulkling. Someone else said a thirst follow. I haven’t seen Jack in anything I don’t think, and he looks pretty slim but if he’s a good actor that’s cool. He’s also 6’1 which I would enjoy opposite 5’9 Joe

by Anonymousreply 286February 10, 2024 5:27 AM

R285 I remember when that happened. It was around the time of Avatar so initially thought nothing of it. When he unfollowed I wondered if he might be Tommy (Speed) tbh Hulkling never occurred to me

by Anonymousreply 287February 10, 2024 5:28 AM

I just looked at Jack’s grid. Tobie doesn’t currently follow Jack, but he liked the majority of Jack’s posts last spring. If Joe told Tobie he was working with Jack that could have lead to Tobie not following him but clearly paying attention to his posts. But also, Tobie is thirsty for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 288February 10, 2024 5:30 AM

R288 Interesting but I think Jack would have been mentioned on that Agatha or Scarlett twitter page by now.

by Anonymousreply 289February 10, 2024 5:34 AM

SWU has been pretty silent on Hulkling and Speed. I think they mentioned Hulkling wouldn’t be in the show but that was it

by Anonymousreply 290February 10, 2024 5:40 AM

I would low-key hate him as Hulkling (he seems more like a Speed), so I'm hoping Avatar keeps him busy.

by Anonymousreply 291February 10, 2024 9:04 AM

I went back to the Kit/Conan post, cracking up:

[quote]Highly unlikely BUT I have a gut feeling that it may be true!! They both were also seen wearing the same T-shirt on different occasions - idk how or why I came across this lol Yeah I think you might be onto something

[quote]The one that kits wearing where the HS cast is in disneyland paris. And damn the girl in the LD video is wearing the exact same outfit as Maia this can’t be a coincidence lol (like even the shoes, socks, jeans, T-shirt all of them)

Funnily enough they do have the same Elton shirt, but Kit's is way more faded than Conan's.

by Anonymousreply 292February 10, 2024 9:50 AM

Yaz being the first from the Heartstopper group to hang out with Joe in NYC was not on my bingo card but good for them.

R262 Joe is repped by Markham Froggatt & Irwin and CAA isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 293February 10, 2024 9:59 AM

I don't know what Kit is like as a boyfriend, tho it's funny to read about it as a conspiracy theory because I always thought that while Joe wasn't an option because at the time he was with Bash, Conan and Kit would be hot together in a similar style. Still I have a hard time believing they wouldn't have been spotted together at least once if they actually dated for a while.

If only Joe would get rumors about age-appropriate guys instead of old creeps. Speaking of, I hope the old guy wasn't there last night and that means he's fucked off back to the UK. I think I've finally come across his insta and if that's him the descriptions undersold his unattractiveness. Daniel Tweardy-Torres is in a throuple, maybe a certain trio can get inspiration from that and Joe can replace Methuselah with two hot young guys.

by Anonymousreply 294February 10, 2024 10:16 AM

[quote] No fr - he broke down his entire relationship with this person and I can’t help but draw parallels like wtf is wrong with me? His partner living in London, their first date being at a Tesco, wearing the same T-shirts, Conan posting Notting hill while being in London, idk. Too many coincidences lol

R292 This comment made me laugh because it does describe Kit pretty well. I wouldn't be mad at a Kit/Conan pairing but I think it's far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 295February 10, 2024 10:29 AM

R293 Yeah, he's repped by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin (which is part of the Curtis Brown group). The Curtis Brown people that were with Eric don't represent Joe or Yaz (who is with Curtis Brown) and I suspect they were there in the capacity of Eric's friends, but it can't hurt to meet new people in the industry.

R294 As the person that brought that stuff over here I definitely think Kit and Conan never dated, but I'm a sucker for a conspiracy theory. And yeah, Fossil is ugly as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 296February 10, 2024 10:32 AM

Of course you losers see nothing wrong with setting up Kit to be hated by Conan and Olivia stans. Why am I not surprised?

by Anonymousreply 297February 10, 2024 11:22 AM

R293

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 10, 2024 11:32 AM

R295 Just because Joe can’t have a successful relationship and can’t end things amicably with his ex doesn’t mean Kit is in the same boat, freak.

by Anonymousreply 299February 10, 2024 11:56 AM

Just woke up, so I present domestic breakfast vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 10, 2024 12:13 PM

R300 Domestic breakfast vibes, part II.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301February 10, 2024 12:13 PM

R301 Joe's ethereal beauty amazes me

by Anonymousreply 302February 10, 2024 12:23 PM

Just gonna say if Conan and Kit were a thing (really don’t think so) bashing your 19 year old ex-boyfriend on the radio when you’re 25 is not a great look.

by Anonymousreply 303February 10, 2024 12:24 PM

R301 all I want is a doe eyed twink to look at me the way Joe Locke looks at Kit Connor. I don’t think it’s too much to ask

by Anonymousreply 304February 10, 2024 12:26 PM

R302 That’s not…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305February 10, 2024 12:32 PM

R303 Honestly, there are a few reasons I doubt it, but a big one is that Kit is connected to Joe and Louis, who are both connected to Olivia, and that of course loops back to Conan. They did all overlap at that Halloween party from what little we saw of it. Friend groups having exes is not unheard of, but there's dealing with that privately within the group and then there's openly talking about it to media.

Conan said the London guy left him for another guy? I completely believe that Kit has gone to extra lengths to be private about who he's dating, but that'd be insane stealth levels if he swiftly went from Conan to another guy. And that's without considering that the second guy might also be in the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 306February 10, 2024 1:00 PM

Trials era almost feels like bizarro world because of Tobie and Kit seeing a play separately. But anyway, Will lifting Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307February 10, 2024 1:17 PM

I think what makes the Conan/Kit thing funny is so much of it tracks while also being hugely unlikely to be true. The Notting Hill references, Conan falling into Kit’s general type, living in London, the Kit to Conan likes. But then the story of this guy dumping him mid flight for another man seems highly unlikely to be Kit, and the mutual friend thing of it all adds another layer.

Anyway I checked and while Conan’s likes on most people’s posts are all over the place, for instance he hasn’t liked a Joe post since October, he did like one of kits posts in September. Which I doubt he’d do if he was upset about being dumped over text in the summer

by Anonymousreply 308February 10, 2024 1:17 PM

R308 Agreed, and I find the Kit and Maia comparisons to be another huge leap since I doubt those relationship timelines would have ever been close enough to matter. At most, it'd be a visual hint for people that like to do deep dives for potential Easter eggs. They're pretty generic looks, though, and I say that with love to Kit and Maia. They're both hot, but those Disney fits aren't supremely unique to them.

by Anonymousreply 309February 10, 2024 1:25 PM

R307 see, kit, will, and Tobie are a fine trio of men who know their duty (not letting Princess Joe walk) and perform admirably. This isn’t even counting all the in character carrying. Whoever they cast as Hulkling better share the understanding that joes feet may not touch the ground

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310February 10, 2024 1:29 PM

R306 Manu is another mutual connection since he and Conan go way back. This world could not be smaller.

by Anonymousreply 311February 10, 2024 1:29 PM

R310 Princess carrying Joe is the final and critical round of Hulkling auditions, actually.

Kit really went for the jugular by combining that piggyback photo with "I can't wait to watch you take over the world." They did mention in R268 that they had recently done Pride, so no wonder the affection in the British GQ video is off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 312February 10, 2024 1:37 PM

R312 if he and Tobie don’t carry Joe around NYC and lovingly document the experience when they visit then what’s the point

by Anonymousreply 313February 10, 2024 1:42 PM

The screenings for The Wild Robot are today. We should have confirmation of Kit's role soon (hopefully).

by Anonymousreply 314February 10, 2024 1:50 PM

Forgive the source but I still love this video. Kit could’ve politely reached around Joe like Will did to Yaz to jokingly grab the award. Instead he put both arms around him and tossed that twink around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 10, 2024 1:54 PM

R315 The bonus points of Joe looking so good in JW Anderson. Basically wearing Kit's Letterman jacket in fashion speak.

by Anonymousreply 316February 10, 2024 1:59 PM

Some of the bash trolls are being horrifically homophobic about Joe under the most recent @broadwaycom insta post about Aaron and Sutton

by Anonymousreply 317February 10, 2024 2:00 PM

R315 *that tousled twink

They all looked so good that night

by Anonymousreply 318February 10, 2024 2:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319February 10, 2024 2:06 PM

The fan at R319 said he was with Tobie, but that Tobie had checked out and walked out by the time she asked for a picture. Also said that Kit is "so beautiful."

by Anonymousreply 320February 10, 2024 2:12 PM

R319 that little fucker and his perfect skin. Also like the loose neckline on the shirt

by Anonymousreply 321February 10, 2024 2:13 PM

This is nice, though makes me laugh how grown men get all flowerly with praise every time they meet Joe or Kit

R319 Shopping like husbands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322February 10, 2024 2:14 PM

What a charmer. “Don’t even mention Joe this was all Aaron and Sutton” basically

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323February 10, 2024 2:35 PM

R320 Is the fan on Twitter or do you have that xiaohongshu app?

by Anonymousreply 324February 10, 2024 2:43 PM

R323 Gotta love HS fans having to "correct" everyone that nobody is there for Joe while Broadway fans are calling Aaron an overgrown twink tenor and with nothing but praise for Joe

Anyway, someone was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325February 10, 2024 2:46 PM

R325 she’s doubling down and playing the victim for being called shady and saying she was just correcting people saying the whole crowd was there for Joe when the tweet she’s literally replying to says Joe, Sutton, and Aaron

by Anonymousreply 326February 10, 2024 2:49 PM

R324 Have the app.

[quote]I glanced at the two guys in front of me. Each of them only had a bag of chocolate or candy in their hands. The one who turned his face sideways and talked to the guy in front of me was Tobie. Yes? Yes? ? ? ! ! ! Then the handsome guy in front of me with his looming profile looked really like Kit, but he never turned his head completely and couldn't see the side. I couldn't confirm that. I was standing behind them. I had a fierce mental struggle until I saw Kit’s side face. I took a leap and flew up with trembling hands. My heart was filled with excitement: Excuse me can I take a photo with you? At this time, Tobie had already walked out of the payment area and went outside, but Kit smiled and agreed to the request for a photo. The whole process was very fast. After it was over, I was still dizzy. I stood in the self check out area and forgot where I was. The people checking out around me looked at me in confusion with the basket in my hand that had not yet been paid out😃😃😃 Kit is really It’s so beautiful, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 327February 10, 2024 2:49 PM

Also, there's a person on Xiaohongshu that has a dedicated Kit/Tobie account and gathers evidence that they're secretly together (so basically every time they're seen together). She's freaking out in the comments of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 328February 10, 2024 2:52 PM

R327 Thanks for that! Laughing at them only buying sweets.

by Anonymousreply 329February 10, 2024 2:52 PM

R327 the husbands maintaining separate bank accounts for their purchases

by Anonymousreply 330February 10, 2024 2:52 PM

R327 thanks for the context and details

Do they say where this happened please?

I mean generally, not specifically , of course

by Anonymousreply 331February 10, 2024 3:00 PM

R331 She said a supermarket by her house and it looks like she lives in London.

by Anonymousreply 332February 10, 2024 3:02 PM

R331 It's definitely a Tesco. I can see the Clubcard sign in the background.

by Anonymousreply 333February 10, 2024 3:05 PM

Someone on Reddit (guess who?) somehow knows that it’s the Tesco by where Tobie lives.

by Anonymousreply 334February 10, 2024 3:07 PM

R334 It's Prize Track, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 335February 10, 2024 3:09 PM

Does she have an AirTag hidden in one of Kit’s Carhartts or something

by Anonymousreply 336February 10, 2024 3:15 PM

I was at the trials when Tobie went, it was the 2nd performance, ob the Friday night .

Even got a pic with Rhea . Cringe at that now

Don’t think Tobie and kit were as close then were they

by Anonymousreply 337February 10, 2024 3:17 PM

R337 I think they got closer during filming S2, increasing post-S2 during their hangouts with Will while Joe was filming in Atlanta. Kit also bought Tobie a new camera for vlogging between S1 and S2.

by Anonymousreply 338February 10, 2024 3:33 PM

I'm assuming part of it is trauma-bonding, after the end of 2022 some of them had...

by Anonymousreply 339February 10, 2024 3:36 PM

Hadn’t noticed but Joe going up on tiptoes to push into the kiss here is a great natural piece of acting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340February 10, 2024 3:37 PM

R329 Buying chocolate and candy sounds like buying their own Valentine's gifts, which, been there. I can buy myself flowers etc.

by Anonymousreply 341February 10, 2024 3:38 PM

R341 they’re making war wife care packages for Joe in NYC and Will as he goes on tour

by Anonymousreply 342February 10, 2024 3:39 PM

Now that we've heard Joe sing, I'm curious as to what Tobie sounds like when he's not fucking around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 10, 2024 3:42 PM

Not gonna post every little comment, but read Broadway forums, reddit, facebook, etc and all the consenus on Joe from Broadway fans he's great and "that boy can sing"

Gonna be super surprised if he's not in another musical when he's free again next year.

by Anonymousreply 344February 10, 2024 3:42 PM

R342 Galaxy brain take. It's also Lunar New Year!

R340 Joe is so good at maximizing Charlie's cuteness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345February 10, 2024 3:43 PM

R343 not Broadway obviously but he played Hanschen in his theatre school’s Spring Awakening which is a pretty good sized secondary role

R344 yeah I’ve been reading a lot and the “worst” comments have been that he’s amazing but they mildly preferred Gaten, and even many of those have noted that they saw Gaten months into him playing the role opposite Annaleigh as opposed to one week in opposite brand new Sutton, so they’re open to changing their minds. And honestly the number saying he has the best Tobias voice they’ve heard is insanely high. The purists are also happy especially given Aaron that they switched back to the original key for not while I’m around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 10, 2024 3:46 PM

Lmao Kit and Tobie prefer buying sweets and hanging out than going to see Joe on Broadway. That’s tough.

by Anonymousreply 347February 10, 2024 3:51 PM

R344 I’m not positive if he’ll be in another musical as soon as next year just because I think between marvel and likely s4 filming it’ll be tight, plus anything else he may book, but it’s absolutely a very viable path for him generally. His voice is stunning and he’s an incredible actor

by Anonymousreply 348February 10, 2024 3:54 PM

R347 It’s not like they were going to go randomly. They probably already set up a date and bought planes tickets, hotel rooms, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 349February 10, 2024 3:56 PM

R346 Thanks for this. Really wonder what is going on with him not having talent representation anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350February 10, 2024 3:56 PM

R340 Love that kiss. Both looked like they wanted to prolong the kiss.

by Anonymousreply 351February 10, 2024 3:58 PM

R349 They will also surely go later in the run when it settles down.

And I don't hold it against anyone who can't go. A lot of the cast is not super wealthy and don't have their mom and dad paying for extended trips to the US. Not to mention they could be busy with work. Yaz is there because of work I'm assuming, not just to see Joe.

by Anonymousreply 352February 10, 2024 4:00 PM

R350 I almost didn't recognize him because I thought the shadow on his lip was a moustache

by Anonymousreply 353February 10, 2024 4:01 PM

R349 and r352 I agree with you both but this is the troll you’re replying to just saying no one wants to see Joe

R350 I’m baffled by the lack of agency. He had the same one as Kizzy and Kit and Kizzy didn’t book anything between s1 and s2 either so it probably isn’t just that

by Anonymousreply 354February 10, 2024 4:02 PM

R354 Kit booked The Cuban’s movie and did the Oliver twist book? I think Kizzy did a voice over too.

by Anonymousreply 355February 10, 2024 4:08 PM

354 Kizzy definitely had better PR though and had more coverage and a brand deal or two. That might make the difference (more buzz I guess).

by Anonymousreply 356February 10, 2024 4:09 PM

R355 there should have been a comma, sorry. “Same as kizzy and kit, and kizzy”. I know Kit filmed ACGG! I thought Kizzy did voiceover work after s2 but I confess I may be wrong. Either way seems crappy to drop him because he didn’t land more roles before his first project ever came out

by Anonymousreply 357February 10, 2024 4:10 PM

R354 Wonder if Tobie's not going to do much acting. I know he did that play, but he has to be doing other things to move into a new place in London. Doubt he can survive for years off the buck fifty Netflix paid him

by Anonymousreply 358February 10, 2024 4:11 PM

Losing it because HStwt started making vague tweets about Nick & Charlie mischaracterization and apparently the biggest debate is whether either of them would be Swifties.

I can't even judge because I feel like Charlie would enjoy Olivia Rodrigo's style, it's actually how I imagine the sound of Sahar's band. But people might avoid that headcanon because of breaking the fourth wall vibes with Joe.

by Anonymousreply 359February 10, 2024 4:11 PM

R359 Charlie's a gay man not a white woman. He would not be a Swiftie

by Anonymousreply 360February 10, 2024 4:13 PM

I remember hearing that Kizzy walked through the background of an episode of Locke & Key? Also not sure when Tobie booked the play, if it was before or after ITG dropped him. Does anyone remember?

by Anonymousreply 361February 10, 2024 4:13 PM

R358 He has almost a million followers on instagram. I’m sure he gets paid by the app.

by Anonymousreply 362February 10, 2024 4:13 PM

R359 I always perk up seeing that stuff because I think it might actually end up being somewhat interesting, how people are so obsessed with Nick being perfect and amazing that they actually make him really boring and borderline stupid as opposed to more complex and appealing, and how they villainize Charlie for actually acting like a pretty normal teenager sometimes or at least in line with having anxiety and a variety of mental illnesses, and overlook that he’s an excellent partner. Like, that Nick Nelson does stuff, Twitter actually makes him sound like he should have full-time care. But instead it always becomes that Nick is demisexual and Charlie is a swiftie

by Anonymousreply 363February 10, 2024 4:14 PM

Nick and Charlie in the comics are borderline inept people and cry babies. Eternally grateful Kit and Joe added their own spin.

by Anonymousreply 364February 10, 2024 4:16 PM

Alice reblogged a Nick and Charlie gif set and then posted this:

[quote]Hello!! I'm almost back to work now (i would be already if i hadn't gone down with a virus this week... I've been stuck inside for almost a week and I'm going a little bit insane) and I'll be starting to plan and plot Vol 6! I'm super nervous as there's a lot of pressure, but I've given myself lots of time in my schedule this year to plan and write before I need to start drawing so I'm excited to do some story planning over the next few months 🙏

[quote]#i'm so sorry i have no idea how to express myself online these days so you're getting it here #i was tempted to start one of those instagram community chat things but this feels safer #i'd still like to share what i'm up to somehow!

by Anonymousreply 365February 10, 2024 4:20 PM

R358 It'd be nice if Tobie got another Netflix project. I have mixed feelings about Isaac's storyline but did see a lot of casual fans moved by it, and a lot of them came out of S1 charmed by Isaac and wanting to know more about him.

It's also a shame the S2 vlogs don't seem to be happening anymore, because I think that could have been another niche for Tobie. Almost a variant on how other actors have photography as a side hobby.

by Anonymousreply 366February 10, 2024 4:22 PM

The Kit/Conan conspiracy theory made it to Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367February 10, 2024 4:24 PM

R366 I wonder if part of the vlogs not happening is Tobie wanting fans to value him as an actor over an “influencer” so to speak

by Anonymousreply 368February 10, 2024 4:26 PM

R368 I don't know if Joe and Kit would have teased him about the S2 vlogs during the Lyme Regis lives if that were the case, but you never know. Isaac was so much more involved with the overall group in S2 that Tobie would have had a lot more variety this time. He got to interact with practically everyone, even Cormac in a fan fave scene.

I feel like the main conspiracy theory is the question of how much Bash footage to keep, but I doubt that alone would derail the whole project.

by Anonymousreply 369February 10, 2024 4:34 PM

The early word on the new cast: mediocre!

by Anonymousreply 370February 10, 2024 4:35 PM

R369 yeah if anything he’d just do fewer vlogs to cut more bash as needed.

Another option is I think that Netflix is more involved this time at least on the timing end and are holding them till after the s3 date is announced or something to hype people up

by Anonymousreply 371February 10, 2024 4:39 PM

R371 I doubt the ex would derail the whole thing, but just wondering if there's not a lot footage to begin with since the cast might not have been that eager to be filmed this time around. And some things they just want to keep private among themselves. Add in the question of how much Bash to cut and the strikes, and I can see why they didn't bother.

Can see how it would be weird to see the guys all together having a laugh considering what's happened. Though agree, Netflix might be saving them for S3 but still expect them not to be nearly as long this time.

Speaking of the ex, Yaz was pretty much the last cast member he paid attention to. Assuming she's out too now. RIP

by Anonymousreply 372February 10, 2024 4:44 PM

I wish they’d at least release a video of the Paris stuff. Tobie was still teasing that part in June.

by Anonymousreply 373February 10, 2024 4:46 PM

R371 True, like a countdown event towards a S3 release date or just something to celebrate three years since they began filming Heartstopper. Joe and Kit would probably die if they ever released footage of their first Zoom meeting or first in-person meeting, but it'd be sweet if Netflix did share some older content to celebrate.

by Anonymousreply 374February 10, 2024 4:46 PM

Don’t think it’s any of those reasons. Tobie liked a comment about the vlogs when they were shooting in Paris. He said he filmed a lot of content. I think the strike played a big part and too much time had passed.

by Anonymousreply 375February 10, 2024 4:46 PM

R374 Netflix should really release some kind of box set with all the extras and unseen meetings and footage and maybe have Alice draw a little side story. It would make them millions.

by Anonymousreply 376February 10, 2024 4:48 PM

Someone dm them asn ask them for the after prom scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377February 10, 2024 4:56 PM

R372 Lies. That was Rhea and Joe is all up in her likes anyway. Almost like this doesn’t matter to grown people with a life of their own. You should try.

by Anonymousreply 378February 10, 2024 5:07 PM

I didn’t see it mentioned yet but in the full translation the fan mentioned the pic of Kit is from NYE.

Also scaryprofit I’ve been trying to message you on Reddit to no avail so check your chat.

by Anonymousreply 379February 10, 2024 5:11 PM

Anyway. While the Joe stans shade Lola for her debut, here’s the face of someone who doesn’t take anything for granted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380February 10, 2024 5:13 PM

R379 please don’t tell me you’re sending her kit intel

But from NYE makes sense too. Wonder if it was pre party candy run or drink candy run

by Anonymousreply 381February 10, 2024 5:18 PM

Sorry to those who do not care, but feel Aaron's gonna bust out why dooooes my heaaarttt cry during this

Nicholas is sick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382February 10, 2024 5:22 PM

R379 I didn't mention it because they didn't mean December 31, it's the Lunar New Year today.

by Anonymousreply 383February 10, 2024 5:23 PM

R383 Yeah, I was just about to say it was Chinese New Year's Eve yesterday. Kit doesn't seem too bundled up either.

by Anonymousreply 384February 10, 2024 5:25 PM

Headcannons about characters are strange sometimes. I only read the books once after watching the show, but isn't the whole idea about them that there's a contrast between the popular jock and the artsy twink? Charlie has posters of The Strokes and Radiohead in his bedroom, it makes little sense that he would he listen to Taylor Swift. But Alice is terrible at making them 3-dimensional in that sense, so we actually know very little about their individual personalities. I may be way off on that.

And I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I'm surprised to read that Tobie said he vlogged a lot when they shot s2. Where did he say that? I'm one of those who thinks he either filmed a few bits here and there and after the break-up they decided to scrap the whole thing, or he didn't actually film anything. The s1 vlogs were overall net positive because it was a special moment, but most people ended up using them to scan the background for clues and analyze the possible secret relationships and cast irl dynamics. S2 filming coincided with the decision of most of the cast to stop sharing stuff on social media, so I struggle to see the incentive for them to vlog bts again after people got so invasive the first time around.

by Anonymousreply 385February 10, 2024 5:26 PM

Obsessed with Yaz at the moment. She’s really that girl. Wonder if this is her hotel room or Joe’s place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386February 10, 2024 5:35 PM

R385 I think people saw him filming at Disney, but they take pictures and video of each other a lot that they will never in a million years share. He never said it, but vaguely remember him liking a comment about it.

And I always though S2 vlogs would be pretty sanitized and short. There was also a lot of shit going on at the time. Probably not in the best mood to share things with fans at the time.

by Anonymousreply 387February 10, 2024 5:37 PM

R385 It's probably a clash of comics canon and show canon, honestly. The show is faithful to the comics but the characters can still have different vibes, so what might fit a comic version of a character might not fit the show version in the same way. This goes for everyone, not just Nick and Charlie. Elle is a big one because her storyline has perhaps been expanded the most.

The Heartstopper yearbook has some profiles with a specific song for each character. As far as Swifties go, I think show!Tara is the only canon Swiftie, she has a Folklore poster in her room. There was heat about this when some Netflix account used Imogen instead of Tara as the Heartstopper character in a Swiftie meme.

As for the vlogs, I think S2 vlogs would absolutely have a different vibe. Still candid moments between scenes, but probably more strictly within the sets/locations and not too much outside of the professional environment. If they did have footage from their downtime, then they'd be more aware of it being seen one day and act accordingly. That said, I know DL would have its paper and pen ready to document any signs of certain things. (This is a self-callout.)

It'd be really fun to see a vlog for the sleepover scenes in episode 1. I doubt the cast actually had to stand there and watch the Nick/Charlie kiss in the doorway, but filming their reactions was probably really funny. Tao's shit-eating grin always reminds me of Will's in that Attitude interview where Joe and Kit talk about the coffee breath.

by Anonymousreply 388February 10, 2024 5:40 PM

R386 Hotel, that's The Langham.

by Anonymousreply 389February 10, 2024 5:40 PM

R386 Probably not Joe's place unless the bathroom has different floors since I have unfortunately seen where Joe is living

by Anonymousreply 390February 10, 2024 5:40 PM

R390 Because of the old guy? Grim. Is it a nice place? R389 Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 391February 10, 2024 5:43 PM

I was kinda hoping we'd have a bootleg of the whole show uploaded somewhere by now, especially with Aaron and Sutton. I'd love to at least listen to the whole thing through, especially more of Joe's acting bits, and I won't be able to travel to NY to see it. It's still early in the run tho so maybe it'll get shared at some point.

by Anonymousreply 392February 10, 2024 5:46 PM

R388 Linking it to prevent a mix-up with the Attitude awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393February 10, 2024 5:46 PM

Four excellent selfies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394February 10, 2024 5:49 PM

R393 I know they didn’t mean it seriously but they do have a combative nature that mirrors brotherly relationships. They like to annoy each other which is funny.

by Anonymousreply 395February 10, 2024 5:51 PM

R391 Yeah and seems nice

R392 I need to find the Aaron fans I was lurking at yesterday since they were talking about a google drive with the whole show. I'm sure they recorded it. Will never get over Aaron fans shitting on HS fans for etiquette while facetiming the whole show and having full leaks while the show is ongoing

by Anonymousreply 396February 10, 2024 5:51 PM

This is the audio from last night. Dont think there’s a video version yet. Joe sounds incredible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397February 10, 2024 5:53 PM

And joes place looks nice but also looks like one of those (nicer) short term housing places that comes fully furnished, which makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 398February 10, 2024 5:54 PM

R398 Like airbnb style?

by Anonymousreply 399February 10, 2024 5:59 PM

R399 generic wall art that doesn’t seem his style, very basic grey couch that looks ripped off wayfair, stuff like that

by Anonymousreply 400February 10, 2024 6:00 PM

Kinda shocked the reddit page believes Kit and Conan definitely dated when we don’t have a single picture of them together.

by Anonymousreply 401February 10, 2024 6:26 PM

R397 Thanks. I've never heard the audience laugh during Not While I'm Around so not sure what Sutton was doing. Joe sounds amazing. His part in God, that's Good is underrated

by Anonymousreply 402February 10, 2024 6:29 PM

R402 yeah he has a genuinely fantastic voice and didn’t flub any notes. Very very impressive

by Anonymousreply 403February 10, 2024 6:33 PM

R402 someone on Reddit who actually loved her performance so saw it as a positive basically said she just played it comedic the whole time and described it as her being like a muppet the whole time. Which is honestly kind of fine with me except her pre show interviews went on about how this was a love story which suggests taking it more seriously so that’s interesting

by Anonymousreply 404February 10, 2024 6:37 PM

Can count on the Broadway nerds to tell us about staging. Laughed at them just saying Sweeney can’t realistically struggle because Joe is so tiny it would be unrealistic. Perfect twink

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405February 10, 2024 6:41 PM

R395 Tbh Kit and Joe have such a unique relationship, I don’t think they can define it themselves. They’re close friends but also more than that; but they’ve not dating. They’re colleagues but also get compared to all the time. They’re close in age but also have a very caring relationship and look after each other. It’s weird to think about.

by Anonymousreply 406February 10, 2024 6:42 PM

R401 honest to god they are more convincing with their cracky theory evidence than Amber and her cult are, which is a sad state of affairs. Also can't unsee Kit and Maia now that they said it

by Anonymousreply 407February 10, 2024 6:43 PM

R407 Amber and co. fuck up because they're not satisfied with the good material we already get from Joe and Kit. There's no need to reach as hard as they do.

by Anonymousreply 408February 10, 2024 6:45 PM

R395 honestly if they’d said brothers S1 I wouldn’t have made fun of them for it, it’s s2 onward that feels different. Still tease each other but also a lot of praise, doting on each other, stuff like that

by Anonymousreply 409February 10, 2024 6:46 PM

Speaking of, I checked in with my friends in NY and apparently Aaron and Sutton were getting lashed by every gay out to brunch today.

by Anonymousreply 410February 10, 2024 6:47 PM

R407 Conan said his ex broke up with him to go back with his ex girl but I don’t think Kit and Maia ever broke up and got back together? Not that we know off

by Anonymousreply 411February 10, 2024 6:51 PM

R411 Yeah, timeline doesn't fit at all. From what I've gathered, Maia was completely out of the picture when Conan supposedly started seeing the person.

by Anonymousreply 412February 10, 2024 6:52 PM

R409 The vibes in the Teen Vogue interview might have been like that because if you think about it, until that NY/DC reunion, had they ever been single at the same time before? Well, presumably single. Insert footnote for Conan theory here. But yeah, answering questions about your friendship might feel different when there's no "safety net" of a relationship to automatically brand the answers as platonic.

by Anonymousreply 413February 10, 2024 6:56 PM

R413 totally possible but I also think even when Bash and Joe were still together, kit and Joe bonded a lot more in season two probably at least in part because they were going through very similar horrific experiences with the way they were being treated on social media. So I do think they were friends during season one filming and press, but did think there was a little bit more of the Jokey bluster present there that probably diminished as they got closer in real life.

by Anonymousreply 414February 10, 2024 7:01 PM

R414 Oh, for sure. There's S2 press while dating Bash & Maia (like Brazil), vs. S2 press while probably single (like NY/DC), but they come off as close no matter what in both scenarios. The latter with some extra juice because they were recently reunited after half a year.

by Anonymousreply 415February 10, 2024 7:07 PM

Interesting comments about Joe on the ST reddit. I like that someone who did not know him looked at his performance with a more critical eye. They still loved his performance but thought there was room for a bit of improvement. Most actors I know prefer a hard look at their work so they can learn and improve.

by Anonymousreply 416February 10, 2024 7:14 PM

R413 Yeah, I’ve thought about that a lot. S3 was the first time they were (supposedly) both single. I wonder if it impacted their chemistry especially knowing they were going to film more intense intimacy scenes.

by Anonymousreply 417February 10, 2024 7:17 PM

I know some people think it would be for the better but it could also be for the worst if they get too self-conscious about the status of their relationship (which they wouldn’t really have to think about when one of them is dating someone else).

by Anonymousreply 418February 10, 2024 7:19 PM

r416 It was interesting. Obviously he has room to improve at 20 years old in his first show two weeks in. The comments are all very nice though as mentioned. I'm sure he'd rather hear what he needs to do better than just constant praise. Think nobody had anything but praise for his voice even after a critical look at it. One comment mentioned he was hard to hear towards the end, which I can see.

Even the nicer comments about Sutton and Aaron mention they need more time to improve and they are veterans. Can't wait to see him in the future.

by Anonymousreply 419February 10, 2024 7:22 PM

I think they'd be fine either way.

by Anonymousreply 420February 10, 2024 7:22 PM

Chinese fan that met Kit left a couple of more comments, said his voice is "soft and cute" and that he's a big warm guy. A couple of comments about his blush. Also confirmed that it was in London.

by Anonymousreply 421February 10, 2024 7:25 PM

R418 Think it comes down to if you think the only reason they haven't hooked up is because they were with other people. Can't say I really believe that. Though I'm a "they might fuck years in the future" person. Just my projection, but don't think Joe has any interest in fucking another costar atm. So I don't think it'll be any different.

by Anonymousreply 422February 10, 2024 7:26 PM

R422 Yeah, his relationship with Bash kinda solidified him and Kit as best friends and it’s hard to see someone differently once you’ve made up your mind. Joe seems to prefer dating randoms that are not connected to his life, as of now.

by Anonymousreply 423February 10, 2024 7:30 PM

R417 If anything, I'd guess they were more worried about the heavier scenes that are more strictly about Charlie's mental health. The sex scenes aren't 100% separate from that, but might feel lighter in comparison and more appropriate to joke around about between takes. I'm sure they wanted to get the sex scenes right as well, but just from the way they talk about the scene at the end of S2, you can see they treat that type of serious dialogue-heavy scene with a lot of care. Kit wasn't shy about mentioning bringing in elements of their own relationship, either, because of what they've been through together.

If they're asked about the sex scenes, I expect a lot of nods to the intimacy coordinator but also just: We're comfortable with each other, we'd known each other for nearly 3 years at that point, the show has been building to this so it felt like a natural progression for us, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 424February 10, 2024 7:34 PM

Feel like you all are burying the lede here and the problem might be that Joe has daddy issues/self-esteem issues/something that's led him to date a hideous guy that's basically his mother's age.

by Anonymousreply 425February 10, 2024 7:34 PM

I really feel bad for Joekit fans because they will NEVER have what Joebash had. No one forgets their first love. It ended terribly because the feelings were too intense. Joe and Bash were madly in love and that’s ultimately what you losers hate about Bash. That he was Joe’s first love and it was not Kit.

by Anonymousreply 426February 10, 2024 7:44 PM

Which scene should I ask for without bg noise? I’ll just embed it to here

by Anonymousreply 427February 10, 2024 7:45 PM

RE: Conan and Kit, the biggest sign to me that they didn’t have a thing is the lack of Tobie. I don’t think Tobie has ever liked one of his posts and he doesn’t follow him. Feel like Tobie would have met or at least stalked Conan if they were a thing. Even OF Nick got a Tobie like.

by Anonymousreply 428February 10, 2024 7:46 PM

R426 All you losers ever had was Joe putting his head on Bash's shoulder in a couple of pictures and the sharing of clothes. Bash didn't even manage to outlast Kit in Joe's life. Resentment over that is the reason yo—sorry, I mean Lee goes around fighting with Joe/Kit shippers almost a year later.

by Anonymousreply 429February 10, 2024 7:48 PM

R427 All of the kissing scenes.

by Anonymousreply 430February 10, 2024 7:50 PM

R429 also not sure first love means much when you realize your first love replaced you completely in a month. It's not something you look back on fondly

by Anonymousreply 431February 10, 2024 7:53 PM

R424 Exactly, they’ll have some casual mature response whilst their babying fandom freaks out about the question.

by Anonymousreply 432February 10, 2024 7:54 PM

People only look fondly back on their first love in movies. Even if they’re still together they ain’t looking at the past lmao

by Anonymousreply 433February 10, 2024 7:55 PM

R433 I remember mine, nice guy, big dick. We were both too young and assholes. Good times though.

With HS and Joe living his dream and his life changing so much, it's probably going to stick with him for awhile, though not like he's gonna dwell on it when he'll probably remember better things in 5 years than the time his ex acted like a cunt

by Anonymousreply 434February 10, 2024 8:02 PM

R432 It's going to be more wild than ever when by the time S3 comes out and they're doing press for it, they'll both be 20. Maybe even 21 in Joe's case depending on the timeframe. Yeah, they'll still be playing teenagers, but they'll be real life young adults at the time of speaking about it. They're going to be fine.

Man, even in the Teen Vogue interview we were just discussing, Kit instantly went to "More kissing!" as how he'd describe S2. They voluntarily brought up S2 basically opening with them kissing for five minutes, Joe hyperbolically calling it ten minutes. I think they can handle talking about the sex scenes that will essentially just be making out turned up to 11 and also shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 435February 10, 2024 8:03 PM

R434 Oh in the future he'll still be close with Kit. Which is what actually upsets the Bash fans. They are desperate to think any minute now Joe and Kit will stop being close

by Anonymousreply 436February 10, 2024 8:05 PM

R435 It's also gonna be the most mild sex scene in the world. Though I also didn't really love the actual hickey moment scene and thought other scenes were better, so I think some random ass kiss is likely to be more sexual than the actual scene meaning to be is. Fandom is for sure going to say they shouldn't be asked about sex since they might be virgins though

by Anonymousreply 437February 10, 2024 8:10 PM

R416 can you link? Am interested!

I think the consensus has been he has a gorgeous voice and is a great actor for being so new to the role let alone broadway. Nitpicks are fair and good for growth but I’ve rarely seen so much universal praise for a debut

by Anonymousreply 438February 10, 2024 8:10 PM

R438 R164 is the thread. There's also a thread under The possibly Unpopular Opinion of The Aaron/Sutton Debut that has some Joe praise. Saw this on tiktok yesterday, this guy is a pretty big theatre guy on tiktok. He wasn't trashing Aaron, but was complaining about "hot tenors" and key changes taking over broadway for context.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439February 10, 2024 8:18 PM

R429 Deny it all you want but Joe looked at Bash with deep LOVE and he never looks at Kit that way. Joekit will never happen and I know that kills you.

by Anonymousreply 440February 10, 2024 8:22 PM

R433 You’re probably a virgin so how would you know? Joe and Bash both made a whole playlist with heartbreak songs after their break up. Just look at the responses of that tweet and you’ll know how wrong you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441February 10, 2024 8:25 PM

Interesting to come back to 100+ comments and see only a bit more than half visible and many many gaps of two or three in a row. So incredibly mentally unwell.

by Anonymousreply 442February 10, 2024 8:32 PM

R442 She's trying to convince herself that Joe and Bash had some epic love when they both moved on to new guys within a month. It's some extremely frauish shit.

by Anonymousreply 443February 10, 2024 8:41 PM

R425 would guess self esteem and just being young and a bit naive

by Anonymousreply 444February 10, 2024 8:42 PM

Still wondering how that 60-year-old on Twitter got my gif.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445February 10, 2024 8:51 PM

R443 It's almost funny since you can tell she was a massive shipper. She goes from calling Joe a nasty ugly flop of a person and saying "face card declines" every 5 minutes after her grandkids taught her what that means and then starts waxing poetically about how they Kit can't compare to Bash in Joe's heart, how they'll meet again one day and how they were deeply in love and that's why their breakup was bad. I thought it was bad because Joe was a whore who disrespected Bash

by Anonymousreply 446February 10, 2024 8:52 PM

R446 Guessing she realized that Bash's stock plunged without Joe and he's totally worthless and irrelevant now. She must miss the glory days of Bash having more than 7 fans.

by Anonymousreply 447February 10, 2024 8:57 PM

R444 Also Joe is a flirt but idk if he likes to be the one who pursues people. Bash came onto him strong and I feel like maybe he likes that approach better, when someone makes it clear they want him.

by Anonymousreply 448February 10, 2024 8:58 PM

R443 Call me a frau then cuz I think they were in love. Obviously, didn’t last cuz it’s life and everybody moved on.

by Anonymousreply 449February 10, 2024 9:00 PM

R448 I also think a lot of that plays into self esteem. Not trying to overanalyze him but the fact that his track record seems to be extreme extroverts who for both the current fossil and bash “come on strong” and sort of lovebomb early is something I’ve seen in friends with lower self esteem. And it’s not even that they’re seeing validation or need constant compliments, it’s literally that they think so little of themselves or their looks that things like more subtle flirting and displays of interest they don’t even register because it doesn’t occur to them that guys would be into them. It’s honestly really hard because many of them are amazing guys, and I wish they (including Joe) saw what catches they are and the wide variety of quality men into them

by Anonymousreply 450February 10, 2024 9:03 PM

R448 I don't remember when he said it, but he mentioned he doesn't pursue people because he's not confident. Considering who he's hooking up with, I doubt that's changed.

by Anonymousreply 451February 10, 2024 9:06 PM

R451 From S1 era so his mindset may have changed, but I remember him saying he could never be as bold as some of the moves Charlie makes when pursuing Nick.

by Anonymousreply 452February 10, 2024 9:09 PM

R452 It could, though kind of refuse to believed he'd actually go after Lego and the ghoul

Not really related, but I didn't clock this the first time I read this, but in GQ he said

[quote] The Isle of Man had what he calls “a really strangely high calibre” of amateur theatre and, as one of the few boys interested in it, he was, he says, almost guaranteed the good roles.

Maybe you were just talented Joe

by Anonymousreply 453February 10, 2024 9:14 PM

R453 so ridiculously modest that when he says he’s decent at something now I’m just going to presume he’s professional level and when he says he’s bad I’m going to presume he’s still likely above average. Justice for his natural hair which he talks about like it’s a mop when it’s gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 454February 10, 2024 9:15 PM

Lmao at this point, doesn’t even sound like you like Joe with how much undesirable qualities you put on him. Low-self esteem, he thinks he’s hideous because of his ears, has no confidence? Lol speaking like a real hater! Instead of admitting what he had with Bash was a first love, young and passionate type of relationship.

by Anonymousreply 455February 10, 2024 9:17 PM

I definitely believe that IOM has a strangely high caliber of amateur theater, because Joe’s voice control is better than most professional trained actors. He definitely had great training as a kid. But also agree Joe takes humility to crazy heights.

by Anonymousreply 456February 10, 2024 9:20 PM

Also going to add to the Joe dating speculation the obvious point that older men who want to date people his age are excellent manipulators. He’s freshly 20, outside the heartstopper set is generally the youngest person on any set he’s worked on, lives alone, and away from his family for most of the year and has since he was 17, and is, unfortunately, in a profession where older people taking advantage of or getting with younger more vulnerable people is not uncommon. And as has been noted on these threads, hasn’t had the ability to stay in one place long enough to develop a really strong community of older people who can give him advice with the benefit of experience. He’s kind of a target, especially given the low self-esteem, for the kind of weirdo who tells him he’s so mature for 20, definitely above his age, stuff like that. He’s extremely intelligent but even smart people get manipulated, especially young ones in this sort of unique position

On the older gay man front it seems like he bonded more with Fisayo and Nima (not sure if Nima is queer) this season, and I’d really like if they could become a bigger part of his life and give him the benefit of their insight

by Anonymousreply 457February 10, 2024 9:24 PM

Love to hear it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458February 10, 2024 9:25 PM

R457 Basically a frau for making a 20 year old man sound like a lost deer who needs protection. Completely insane.

by Anonymousreply 459February 10, 2024 9:29 PM

Fraulein you do have to choose. Is it that we are all horrible evil people for calling 22 year old bash assless on a random Internet forum because your baby sunshine boy doesn’t deserve that, or are we infantalizing grown men because we don’t like a 38 year old fucking a 20 year old?

by Anonymousreply 460February 10, 2024 9:32 PM

R397 Thanks for that! will have a listen later

R450 I had the same thought the other day as I was reflecting on what all these guys have in common, especially Lego and Fossil. I hope Joe finds a way to see how amazing and gorgeous he is, and starts hooking up with (or dating) more deserving guys while he's still in his early twenties. I'm glad at least he also has good, successful people like Eric around him. It's why the way social media talked about a 17/18-year-old's appearance when HS came out will forever make my blood boil. Also why Lee's trolling on here calling Joe ugly all the time to this day is inexcusably disgusting.

Btw is there anything sadder than having to move goalposts and bend logic in constant failed attempts at turning Joe's insane career into something negative? Joe makes his Broadway debut singing iconic Sondheim songs age 20 to almost unanimous praise - "anyway, here's why that's terrible news" lmao what a waste of oxygen

by Anonymousreply 461February 10, 2024 9:37 PM

R460 Not only are you infantilizing him but you’re removing any agency from him like the twitter fraus. He’s gonna be 24, dating older men and you’re still gonna be here yapping away. Blaming Bash for Joe’s self esteem when Bash was by FAR the best boyfriend he’s had.

by Anonymousreply 462February 10, 2024 9:39 PM

R460 she couldn’t hold onto an argument to save her life. I truly think she has prolonged manic episodes. It’s genuinely sad.

There is no way Joe is pursuing these guys. He’s definitely got his age filter set far too broadly on the apps but fucking them is very different to ending up semi living with one. He’s getting love bombed by the kind of older guys who intentionally pursue 20 year olds. Joe does seem like a bit of a flirt but assume others are right - he basically needs to be aggressively pursued to realise someone could actually be into him.

by Anonymousreply 463February 10, 2024 9:39 PM

R461 it’s proof he peaked at 20, apparently. Meanwhile bash peaked at 19 when his 5 min supporting role in HS S1 got him more followers than all other projects combined. Anyway…

They look great in kissing scenes. The power of nice profiles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464February 10, 2024 9:40 PM

R461 Yawnnnn. You call Bash ugly all the time. Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 465February 10, 2024 9:41 PM

R463 yeah I cannot count how many times I’ve sat with hot friends, male and female, and told them someone was hitting on them and had them refuse to believe me because their self esteem and confidence in their looks is so low. It sucks because they’re often some of the kindest best people I know. I hope Joe lowers the age range to idk 28 and starts to realize what a catch he is

by Anonymousreply 466February 10, 2024 9:42 PM

R454 Both of the guys are ridiculously humble (still can't get over Kit listing his body as average on IMDb), but with Joe it veers into self-deprecation too often for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 467February 10, 2024 9:44 PM

Seriously, apologies to the Americans on here but your health care system is appalling. How is this woman not sectioned.

by Anonymousreply 468February 10, 2024 9:44 PM

R464 Honestly, great for Joe. At least, Joe has something going on despite his questionable taste in hookups. Not everyone has looks. He was cuter in season 1.

by Anonymousreply 469February 10, 2024 9:45 PM

R468 no like it’s veering into elder abuse by her nurses…

by Anonymousreply 470February 10, 2024 9:45 PM

R468 Says the mentally ill fraulein with a deep victim complex problem. Anyway.

by Anonymousreply 471February 10, 2024 9:47 PM

Is it this hard to ignore her like… Even if the ignore button doesn’t work. That’s just troll bait.

by Anonymousreply 472February 10, 2024 9:50 PM

R449 I think people on here believe they were in love, they just don’t agree with this level of crazy especially out of someone who calls Joe hideous and slutty every 5 seconds

[quote] No one forgets their first love. It ended terribly because the feelings were too intense. Joe and Bash were madly in love and that’s ultimately what you losers hate about Bash. That he was Joe’s first love and it was not Kit.

[quote] Deny it all you want but Joe looked at Bash with deep LOVE and he never looks at Kit that way. Joekit will never happen and I know that kills you.

by Anonymousreply 473February 10, 2024 9:50 PM

R472 I mean you can feel more humorless about it but I legit find jokes about negligent nursing and her needing to be sectioned funny and think they liven up the thread

by Anonymousreply 474February 10, 2024 9:51 PM

R472 I can’t see what they’re writing but they’ve been posting and responding to everything since I went to bed and were still at it double posting when I woke up. It’s genuinely bizarre

by Anonymousreply 475February 10, 2024 9:54 PM

R457 Looking at (who I think is) Fossil's pics online and thinking about the bit from the Vogue video where Joe says he brings his "childhood stuffed toy on holiday" is stomach-churning. We forget because he wasn't a literal little kid, but he was still so fucking young when he first blew up.

by Anonymousreply 476February 10, 2024 9:56 PM

Genuinely wonder what Bash snd Joe think of all this. Especially the bold stans that drag Bash on twitter with Joe’s name. They tried to make their breakup as lowkey as possible.

by Anonymousreply 477February 10, 2024 9:57 PM

R476 nah Joe and Kit and Tobie are all honestly still gaybies. It’s not me infantalizing them to say that: they should be able to fuck their way through London and NY and have fun but with people their age. Their relationships with older gay men should be like Fisayo: jokes he’s like their uncle, takes them to drag night at gay bars, invites them to his wedding. He doesn’t fuck them and lovebomb them. Joe was 17 when he first read comments mocking how ugly they thought he was. 18 when he got a much larger wave of homophobia and bullying saying he was way uglier than his onscreen boyfriend/best friend and in real life boyfriend. 19 when homophobic fucked up marvel fans were added to the mix and when he experienced a messy breakup. Any 30 year old looking at him and making moves is a fucking creep

by Anonymousreply 478February 10, 2024 9:59 PM

R476 Kit was literally 16 when they started auditioning and I don’t hear you say this about him? You joke about him being perpetually 19 while never acknowledging him as the youngest. It’s always “boohoo poor baby Joe”. This is genuine mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 479February 10, 2024 10:01 PM

R477 all of this

by Anonymousreply 480February 10, 2024 10:02 PM

R477 I think Joe is actually fully off Twitter, he and Kit both. They probably see the occasional thing Tobie or a friend sends them but I doubt they’re any more clued in about the rest of it

by Anonymousreply 481February 10, 2024 10:02 PM

Shit R478 this was directed at you. You’re spot on. The guys should be living those first grown up experiences of being a gay man. They should be left to do that without men 20 years their senior creeping on them at 20.

by Anonymousreply 482February 10, 2024 10:06 PM

R481 Bitch, Joe’s crazy fans have harassed all of his hookups since on Instagram. They’ve made Tiktoks about the breakup. They’ve harassed Bash’s new man. He saw that.

by Anonymousreply 483February 10, 2024 10:06 PM

There is now the advantage that Twitter basically locked down unless you have an account. Joe would have to have an account to name search himself. He talks too fondly about not being on it for me to think that’s true

by Anonymousreply 484February 10, 2024 10:14 PM

To the guy that said he didn’t like the hickey scene, can I ask why?

by Anonymousreply 485February 10, 2024 10:15 PM

Lmao Joe stans are so bitter they’re already making up situations. I’m dying laughing!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486February 10, 2024 10:24 PM

R485 not the guy but I don’t love it either. It took me out of the scene considerably how intimate all the rolling around in the bed was before that. Charlie looks pretty nervous and like he’s not actually enjoying it and Kit doesn’t look like he’s actually giving him a hickey. He’s also not kissing his neck naturally - he goes in for a single kiss. I know I’m in the minority so I’m not going to shit on anyone who loves it

by Anonymousreply 487February 10, 2024 10:25 PM

R485 the aftermath where Nick claims he didn’t know how to give one made me roll my eyes though god bless Kit for delivering that line, but I like the scene. To me Joe sells that he’s nervous but really into it. The little gasping and half smile is hot

by Anonymousreply 488February 10, 2024 10:30 PM

R488 I like the way you can see Charlie mouthing "Oh my god" as he looks at the door to make sure they won't get caught.

I don't mind the scene but weirdly find some of the stuff outside of the hickey itself to be more charged, like the already mentioned rolling around and kissing beforehand. Also Charlie petting Nick's hair as Nick touches his waist before pulling him down to bed, how rough Nick sounds when he mentions Charlie tasting like toothpaste or asks if it's okay to keep going, their embarrassed laughs afterwards about Nick losing the challenge. Similarly, when they do get actual sex scenes, I think they'll nail (for lack of better term) a lot of the charged scenes leading up to it where they want to go further but don't in that moment for whatever reason. S2 really proved that they know how to have fun with those scenes where they're interrupted or trying to kiss in secret or whatever. Chocolate bar scene for president, as we know.

by Anonymousreply 489February 10, 2024 10:36 PM

R485 I said it, but agree with R488. I meant more it wasn't particularly the hottest scene in the show or anything.. This is just in relation to the sex scene. Think in S4 some of the horny buildup could be better than the actually deed since I'm sure alice is gonna throw animated sparkles on it or something.

by Anonymousreply 490February 10, 2024 10:37 PM

R487 Agree with this. Charlie stayed pretty stoic which I found odd and you could tell Nick wasn’t really kissing his neck. Hopefully the sex scenes are structured better.

by Anonymousreply 491February 10, 2024 10:41 PM

R490 I was just thinking about the animations because there's that whole Vol 5 sequence where Charlie is embracing that he's horny and keeps picturing pouncing on Nick at school whenever Nick so much as brushes their hands or shoulders together. No idea if his fantasies will get animations or if they'll trick the audience into believing they're happening.

by Anonymousreply 492February 10, 2024 10:43 PM

I really gotta block this fud because that’s EMBARASSING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493February 10, 2024 10:43 PM

R491 I didn’t think they came off as overly stoic but tbh can see them having almost the opposite problem most intimacy coordinators have with them: that they sell things as too real and too intimate and need to tone it down. Stuff like Joe squirming or moaning a little or Kit sinking his teeth in

by Anonymousreply 494February 10, 2024 10:44 PM

R493 there’s one where they say he got stuck behind the toilet and I seriously wondered if Charlie with apparently normal IQ dating Nick as they describe him would be legal

by Anonymousreply 495February 10, 2024 10:45 PM

Actually never mind I was thinking of that gecko freak’s headcanons for Nick. But that account is still weird

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 10, 2024 10:46 PM

R495 They had a whole debate about Charlie being autistic. Kinda glad Alice isn’t on Twitter beca she’s less influenced by their babying of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 497February 10, 2024 10:49 PM

R494 We'll see if they take it further in S3, I feel like a lot of their bed kisses involve kissing the neck throughout the sex storyline.

by Anonymousreply 498February 10, 2024 10:49 PM

R496 this account is gecko or at least a close friend. He said something about Nick wanting a Lizard which is that guys thing. I have no trifling with Gecko these days because he’s clearly just a Kit Stan and ignores Joe but as soon as something happens that he can turn on Joe for he will suddenly be his biggest most disappointed fan. That little (very well followed) part of the fandom have never forgiven Joe for dating and defending Bash

by Anonymousreply 499February 10, 2024 10:51 PM

Sorry, I was talking about the Nick Nelson account. Gecko now has the same pfp

by Anonymousreply 500February 10, 2024 10:53 PM

R499 yeah solo stans don’t bother me till they start being fucking dicks to the other guy for no reason. If you’re not interested enough to cheer them on stop being self righteous when they do something “wrong” (like and immediately unlike a dogwhistle post, like many pro Palestine posts, donate to Gaza without being performative, sign a ceasefire petition long before that was common)

by Anonymousreply 501February 10, 2024 10:54 PM

Something to keep an eye on, Actors' Equity (the Broadway union) authorized a strike against The Broadway League today. The current Development Agreement expires tomorrow. Last time they went on strike was in 2019 (over the same agreement) and the strike lasted a month.

by Anonymousreply 502February 10, 2024 10:58 PM

R502 What happens when they are on strike? Current productions are on hold?

by Anonymousreply 503February 10, 2024 11:00 PM

R497 I don’t mind the headcanon that Charlie or Nick are autistic but I think they often cross the line from headcanon, which is your own personal read on the situation, to basically being upset people don’t agree it’s canon. Saw a Twitter exchange a few weeks ago where someone tweeted a hot take that Nick was an asshole in Nick and Charlie and they hope Alice changed it (I agree fully). One example they gave was him ignoring Charlie texting him for two weeks just because the photos he was sending showed up as black boxes and pointed out clearly Charlie was still trying to contact him regardless and Nick shouldn’t have ignored that. I think Alice wrote them both as unlikable and Nick as basically a dickhead in that book so hope she changes it but that’s an aside

Someone else replied that actually autistic people don’t always make those logical connections innately and it’s ableist to say they’re bad people as a result. Ok but like, nick is not canonically autistic so what’s the point there

by Anonymousreply 504February 10, 2024 11:00 PM

The press release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505February 10, 2024 11:00 PM

R499 Agree, pretty obvious it's run by Gecko. You can kind of tell. I can understand why they don't want Nick and Charlie to fuck since they seem to think Nick has the mental capacity of a 8 year old

Anyway, breaking news. Do always enjoy when non-HS fans praise him. Between Broadway and Agatha he's gonna have a legion of millennial women fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506February 10, 2024 11:01 PM

R503 Development goes on hold so Sweeney would be fine for now.

by Anonymousreply 507February 10, 2024 11:03 PM

The build-up was really well acted but I almost skipped the hickey moment when I watched it because as soon as Kit went for his neck it looked so poorly staged/choreographed that it made me cringe. It looked awkward af and it was obvious nothing was happening.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'm torn with their kissing scenes because they have incredible chemistry and some kisses feel really natural and relaxed (way more than other "sexy" shows actually) but overall in my view there's a persistent difference between Kit really going for it every time while Joe tends to hold back, that sometimes takes me out of the scene. At times Joe seems a bit too aware of keeping his lips as closed as possible, going for the top of Kit's upper lip, etc. I was surprised that Thackeray and Euros didn't try (or manage) to fix those little details to make the kissing more even throughout S2. At first I thought maybe it was an acting choice, but it makes no sense because it's only limited to the mouth - if Joe was trying to play Charlie's hesitation or insecurity, it'd be expressed beyond his lips imo.

I'm very curious to see what happened with S3, having way more experience with intimacy scenes and with filming under such different irl circumstances. Was Bash the issue all along? Guess we'll see later this year (half joking)

by Anonymousreply 508February 10, 2024 11:04 PM

R506 think part of it is “casual” Broadway fans expect Sutton and Aaron to be good so when someone else they haven’t heard of is amazing they’re shouted out. Joe aside, I listened to a cast recording before he joined and had heard praise for Josh and annaleigh and expected that, but hadn’t expected Maria Bilbao to have such a stunning voice and was so impressed

by Anonymousreply 509February 10, 2024 11:05 PM

R503 What R507 said, and if Joe's working on anything with Jeremy and/or Eric in any lab sessions that would be paused. Not that we would even know.

by Anonymousreply 510February 10, 2024 11:05 PM

R508 totally entitled to your opinion but wow I completely disagree. I think Joe goes for it and sells it just as much, I completely buy how into Nick he is and he seems really really into it in the kissing. Never ever seems to me like Kit “commits more”.

by Anonymousreply 511February 10, 2024 11:06 PM

I’m going to use emojis for a second because I know how the lurkers are.

🚨🚨 Sweeney isn’t going to close down because of the strikes, this is speculative RE: possible future Joe stuff. 🚨🚨

by Anonymousreply 512February 10, 2024 11:08 PM

R504 it’s like the Nick is Demi thing. The people who believe that don’t think it’s head canon. They believe Alice has written him as Demi and we’re all bigots thinking otherwise. Even though both shitty line drawing Nick and hot Netflix Nick have had crushes on people they don’t know. Also, can’t you give the run of the mill horny bisexual men something of their own? Why does he have to be on the ace spectrum as well

by Anonymousreply 513February 10, 2024 11:08 PM

Does anyone remember the times for The Wild Robot screenings? The survey is gone and I didn't screenshot, wondering when the Pedro stans will start spilling the beans.

by Anonymousreply 514February 10, 2024 11:09 PM

R508 hard disagree. Joe’s Charlie is just as into to and often looks like he’s grinding into Nick. Feel like we watched different shows. Are you also the guy that felt Joe didn’t sell in love?

by Anonymousreply 515February 10, 2024 11:10 PM

R504 I never understood why people thought Nick was an asshole in that book. I understood his reaction because he’s stressed about college and his boyfriend was being distant and uncommunicative. I think some fans just hate the idea of Nick and Charlie fighting but that’s very realistic. The aftermath of that fight though was badly written. 2 weeks is nothing. Make them break up for at least a month. I hope she changes it regardless cuz I doubt her fanbase will understand complexity.

by Anonymousreply 516February 10, 2024 11:12 PM

To me it looks in a lot of the kissing scenes like Joe is taking one of Kit’s lips half into his mouth which may be why it looks like he’s tightly closing his lips to you? If you watch the scenes you can see he starts off parting his lips around one of kits at first basically every time. I just rewatched to make sure I was being fair and yeah, still completely disagree that “Kit really going for it every time while Joe tends to hold back” or that Joe is in any way an actor who takes me out of their scenes.

by Anonymousreply 517February 10, 2024 11:12 PM

R517 I mean that’s just a cunty way to phrase that. I think they both give it everything and if someone disagrees fine but he’s essentially phrasing it as Joe can’t act

by Anonymousreply 518February 10, 2024 11:14 PM

R516 I think he wasn’t an asshole for having a fight, he was an asshole for the way he handled it. If you’re pretty sober leaving your wasted boyfriend at a party because of a fight and you don’t check in on him the day after, then ignore his texts for a week after not speaking dor 2 just because his photos aren’t sending right you’re a dick. I think the messy hurt fight followed by a misunderstanding that lasted the weekend could’ve been fine and realistic, the way he handled it overall was shit. Something like idk, random example: tao blocking Nick’s number on Charlie’s phone for what’s meant to be just that night because Charlie keeps trying to drunk dial while sobbing, forgetting to unblock without telling him, and then each thinking the other blocked them when their respective texts don’t go through the next day before they make up Monday. Just think the fact that Alice made Charlie be the one to apologize when Nick was kind of a dick about it all too, instead of something more mutual, also sucks

by Anonymousreply 519February 10, 2024 11:15 PM

R508 Do you have a kiss in mind? That’s interesting. I do think it might be because they’re letting them go for it in S2. Maybe Joe was more nervous. Kisses like the one at prom where they’re with their friends are really relax and passionate imo.

by Anonymousreply 520February 10, 2024 11:16 PM

R518 I mean I also strongly disagree with the comment but trying to give benefit of the doubt that he didn’t mean what he strongly implied, that kit is the better actor

by Anonymousreply 521February 10, 2024 11:16 PM

I still maintain the hottest scene in S2 was the pillow fight scene in ep 6. Charlie pinning Nick’s wrists, Charlie grinding on Nick’s dick while Nick pulled him closer, Charlie calling it payback and how breathless a Nick looks when he blinks. So fucking hot. (Let’s not talk about the cringy dialogue that comes after.)

by Anonymousreply 522February 10, 2024 11:17 PM

R521 when you’re talking about Thackery and Euros needing to pick it up and fix it, how Kit commits more and how it takes you out of the show it’s just saying Joe’s shit. Pretty straightforward

by Anonymousreply 523February 10, 2024 11:18 PM

Just a reminder to people on this thread that as we’ve also said about Twitter fans, you can compliment your fav (ex: say you love how much kit goes for it) without shitting on the other (ex: saying Joe is way too restrained and “takes you out” of the scenes because his having a boyfriend at the time means he can’t act as well)

by Anonymousreply 524February 10, 2024 11:18 PM

R523 listen mate you’re preaching to the choir, I’ve disagreed with the comment already and said I think it’s poorly worded and unfair but I’m willing to hear him out

by Anonymousreply 525February 10, 2024 11:19 PM

R516 They're definitely going to have to ditch Nick's phone breaking down or whatever it was. Charlie will give Nick a photo album to fill with pictures in S3, so I feel like Alice will change their big Nick & Charlie resolution to Nick leaving the album at Charlie's house by accident and Charlie filling the last pages left with more recent pictures or something. In the novella, I think it was a digital camera? I don't know, maybe Kit would be into Nick getting a proper camera.

R511 I said it in a recent thread, their final kiss of S2 in Nick's doorway is so good from Joe's end in particular. He totally looks like he's in a trance while kissing Nick, can barely get his words out afterwards. And a lot of their S2 kisses have them smiling through it, which maybe doesn't look physically perfect but adds to the charm IMO.

I also feel this scene with the recharging neck kiss ended up more popular than the hickey scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526February 10, 2024 11:20 PM

I'm of the mind that Nick wasn't an asshole, just didn't handle the fight in the best way (they were both drunk and they're both young, so understandable), and I like that Alice allowed him to be a bit messy. Gave him and the relationship layers.

by Anonymousreply 527February 10, 2024 11:20 PM

Or actually, maybe Nick wasn't drunk? I should re-read it, I guess, but I don't remember either of them being assholes. Just insecure and not properly communicative.

by Anonymousreply 528February 10, 2024 11:21 PM

R527 yeah to be very clear: I think he was a mild asshole in the fight but in a very teenage way. They both were. That’s fine. My point is then ignoring your boyfriend for weeks on end even as he tries to make amends IS fucked and yeah a dick move.

Anyway the point of me bringing that up originally which has been derailed is not me shitting on Nick; it’s saying when someone had the opinion he was a dick in the book they got called ableist to autistic people when Alice has outright said she’s happy with headcanons but never intended any of them to be autistic

by Anonymousreply 529February 10, 2024 11:23 PM

R519 I relate to Nick more. I thought Charlie was being unfair bottling up his emotions and lashing out. He expected Nick to read his mind. Overall though, can agree that the aftermath doesn’t make sense for their characters. She needs to rewrite that.

by Anonymousreply 530February 10, 2024 11:23 PM

R530 eh agree to disagree. When you’re sober, your boyfriend is wasted, two of his best friends have just broken up, and he lashes out because he’s afraid you’ll do the same, I think screaming at him is probably the wrong move. Dont think you need to be a mind reader to get that maybe that combo of factors is upsetting him. But again, it’s the after the fight shit and the fact that the apology ISNT MUTUAL, it’s just Charlie making all the amends with Nick ignoring him, that’s shitty

by Anonymousreply 531February 10, 2024 11:26 PM

R528 I think Charlie was a bit tipsy, also really handsy with Nick in front of other people at the party, whispered in his ear that they should find a bathroom and hook up. I remember part of their fight included Nick very confused because Charlie would go from closed off in talking to Nick, to trying to get off with him. If S4 goes there, it should be a good parallel to the S3 kitchen scene when Charlie is tipsy/handsy. That scene is also about Nick moving away to uni.

Honestly, it's even kind of cool symmetry that their big fight happens at another Harry party, though I know from Alice's perspective, the Nick & Charlie fight was written before she wrote their first kiss at Harry's party.

by Anonymousreply 532February 10, 2024 11:28 PM

R531 I mean being drunk doesn’t get you a hall pass to project your insecurities and both were stressed in general. Maybe it’s because I’m a fire sign but that shit would annoy me. 2 weeks in hardly a breakup in my eyes. She really needs to work through that. But also she made Nick too perfect so it’s norma fans have this reaction when he acts “out of character”.

by Anonymousreply 533February 10, 2024 11:32 PM

I think from reading others comments (more “pro nick” and mine) here’s my issue which I think I’ve written very unclearly so my bad: it’s not that I mind Alice letting Nick be flawed. Him and Charlie having a bad fight because they’re both a little tired, drunk, scared for long distance, and accidentally poking one another’s insecurities makes total sense, and I think even the screaming fight where they make each other cry and nick storms out is fine and a bit sympathetic to both.

It’s that imo Alice doesn’t really then make it clear that they’re BOTH flawed and this is complex. We here are saying it makes Nick flawed but the issue is that’s not how she presents it, it’s that Charlie is the one who needs to make amends. There isn’t a lot of remorse from Nick’s side or understanding how he mishandled it. It’s them both waking up the morning after devastated, mutually avoiding for two weeks, and then Charlie putting in literally all of the legwork to reconcile. I don’t mind them mutually being pricks to one another in a fight or even the temporary breakup, totally normal: I don’t like that only Charlie is the bad guy who needs to make up for it

by Anonymousreply 534February 10, 2024 11:33 PM

R533 Ignore the typing errors JFC. Did the guy replied back about R508?

by Anonymousreply 535February 10, 2024 11:33 PM

R533 no offense but you’re expecting too much from a wasted 16 year old who just saw his two best friends break up and is terrified for his own relationship. I never said Nick is some awful person; I could just as easily say to you that Nick not appreciating how Charlie snapped doesn’t give him a hall pass to scream at and abandon his drunk boyfriend when he’s sober and then ghost him. I think they both fucked up in a way I could sympathize with but I hated the post fight writing.

by Anonymousreply 536February 10, 2024 11:34 PM

R533 I kind of hope they keep Nick lashing out at Tao after the fight, even though his narrative thought that he never liked Tao doesn't hold up with show canon. But show!Nick is incredibly patient and kind with Tao from the start, and it could be fun to see him finally crack even when Tao doesn't necessarily deserve it. I suspect S3 will keep breaking down the idea that Nick is nothing but a perfect boyfriend, though, and I mean that in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 537February 10, 2024 11:35 PM

R534 I know Alice has said that Vol 6 won't 100% adapt Nick & Charlie, just like Vol 4 didn't 100% adapt Solitaire. But I wouldn't be surprised if Alice does take the opportunity to do some rewrites of that arc, if not fully in Vol 6, then definitely S4.

by Anonymousreply 538February 10, 2024 11:38 PM

My overall point was not “Charlie was right, Nick was wrong”: it’s that Alice actually continued feeding into the narrative that Nick is the perfect boyfriend who needs to put up with all this shit Charlie throws at him when she makes them BOTH assholes in the fight (which I’m fine with) but then makes Charlie the only one to work at fixing it, implying he solely was at fault. It pisses me off that it’s characterized as such in the fanbase and the book doesn’t help

by Anonymousreply 539February 10, 2024 11:38 PM

R535 nope. Fine but the just shit on Joe’s acting and then give no explanation. Sorry the Joe ruined parts of the show for you guy

by Anonymousreply 540February 10, 2024 11:39 PM

R536 I see your point (and I saw your other comment). Just think it’s something we disagree on but it’s cool. I definitely agree though that Alice needs to change up the aftermath of that fight. It doesn’t make sense with the way she set up that argument and their characterizations.

by Anonymousreply 541February 10, 2024 11:41 PM

R541 I think the disagreement between us is fine in that it shows I think the complexity of the fight: neither is really in the right or in the wrong. Nick should’ve had more empathy and not talked nonstop about how excited he was for basically leaving his boyfriend, Charlie shouldn’t have bottled up and lashed out. It’s the aftermath that fucks me up because it doesn’t present it as “we’re two people who love one another, both fucked yo a bit, feel bad and want to come back together”. It was just one more instance of the “Charlie is a burden on perfect Nick Nelson” thing

by Anonymousreply 542February 10, 2024 11:43 PM

The way this thread absolutely loses its minds when someone has a mild criticism about Joe’s acting is HILARIOUS!!! That guy can’t say he thinks Kit sold it more??! Newsflash, he did! Cry about it.

by Anonymousreply 543February 10, 2024 11:45 PM

Only thing I'm sure of, Kit and his Normal People-loving ass will probably love doing the Nick & Charlie stuff. My hair went white from the miscommunication in that fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 544February 10, 2024 11:48 PM

I do like a little miscommunication trope, it's so, so, so overdone but gets me every time. That being said, I think in Nick and Charlie it was out of character in terms of the TV show, haven't fully read the comics but I assume Alice has written them one way in Nick and Charlie and changed their characterisation through the adaptations.

As someone said upthread, she may adapt it for volume 6 and then there will be some tweaks during the show if there's another season. As long as it's done well, I don't mind. I'm sure Joe and Kit would kill it either way!

by Anonymousreply 545February 10, 2024 11:51 PM

I absolutely think that Joe gives it his all in the kissing scenes too, maybe Kit is just a bit more into it idk. I am curious as to what scenes they mean when they say that though, to be fair they kiss a lot so maybe one or two aren't as electric as the others?

by Anonymousreply 546February 10, 2024 11:53 PM

They both do apologize to each other even if Charlie does all the work to get them there, but the 'oops I dropped my phone and can't see the pictures you sent so I just ignored it' is stupid . Think they can completely skip that part of it and just go with Charlie giving the pictures to Nick. i don't really mind someone having to make the first move to end the argument, but it should be multiple steps

by Anonymousreply 547February 10, 2024 11:54 PM

Random comment but for s3 and s4 Joe and Kit are so blessed that they have pretty crying faces. Kit just gets the wet dark eyelashes and pink cheeks and joes huge Bambi eyes look even huger and his downturned mouth even sadder. If they had my ugly ass crying face on screen they’d be recasting for S3 I’ll tell you that now

by Anonymousreply 548February 10, 2024 11:54 PM

What I want to be saying during season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549February 10, 2024 11:55 PM

R511 I agree they both sell it really well, but in some scenes - and again, strictly talking about their mouths - I think you can tell Kit tends to go for it more than Joe. In S2 the goodbye kiss at Charlie's and the famous chocolate scene are examples of what I'm saying. For S1, the rain scene and the photo booth kiss come to mind. Solid scenes, chemistry and body language is all there, but the way Joe uses his lips doesn't fully match Kit, who seems to be the one leading most kisses btw. I can see the "intimacy acting" from Joe in those more than in other scenes. I don't know what's at play, maybe he just had a more self-conscious day or whatever.

R515 haha no, that's not me. I love Kit but Joe is actually my favorite actor in the show, and I think he conveys Charlie's emotions beautifully. And agree about the chemistry and body language - it's off the charts.

The recharging scene and the park scene come to mind as really great S2 kissing scenes so I think it's just the slight inconsistency, since other kisses are so good. And probably if instead of watching the show several times I had only watched it once like normal people, I wouldn't have noticed it lol But I get it that I'm on my own with this nit-picky opinion so I will shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 550February 10, 2024 11:56 PM

R547 Shouldn't be multiple steps. That what makes Nick come across as a jerk. Also add in Nick saying something about making sure Charlie gets home safe Alice. The LPSG guys will think he's gonna get assaulted again if you don't

by Anonymousreply 551February 10, 2024 11:56 PM

Kit literally sells the show!! That’s why he’s so popular and everyone wants a boyfriend like Nick. Joe does not sell the “I’m so in love with my boyfriend” as well and it is what it is!!!

by Anonymousreply 552February 10, 2024 11:57 PM

R546 they said it was an across the board issue that took them out of scenes which is tbh a ridiculous claim, but whatever makes them happy. Again, single Kit out for praise in some scenes, that’s totally ok! I’ve said for instance that Joe plays Charlie insanely lovable, if he said Kit sells the hell out of the kissing very fair, he does. But posting a long comment about how the director and intimacy director need to work with Joe, how maybe he couldn’t act as well due to his bf, how he doesn’t sell it like Kit, and how he takes you out of scenes (what, that and not Alice’s shit writing?) is fucking rude ngl

by Anonymousreply 553February 10, 2024 11:57 PM

R545 You're right, Alice has actually been pretty upfront about how both Solitare and Nick & Charlie were written before even the Heartstopper comics were concieved, let alone their characterization in the show. I can appreciate the honesty in not acting like they've always had some mastermind vision with everything aligning perfectly. The show already rewrites the comics, I don't see there being any ego preventing some tweaks of the Nick & Charlie storyline. Miscommunication can definitely be great when done well, and I do think the end of Vol 5 already sets in motion that a) Nick is in absolute pieces about the long distance and thinks of himself as less confident/independent than Charlie, and b) Charlie is going to be doing his very best to be vocally supportive of Nick and Leeds, even as he's also in pieces about the long distance. Some classic crossed wires as they're both trying to support each other's independence.

by Anonymousreply 554February 10, 2024 11:59 PM

I’m surprised so many have such strong opinions about that fight. That was so mild to me. Alice tried to make it edgy but realistically they were both mad over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 555February 11, 2024 12:00 AM

R553 doesn’t really sell ‘Joe’s my favourite’ tbh

by Anonymousreply 556February 11, 2024 12:00 AM

R547 I think what pisses me off is not that Charlie makes the first move, it’s that he makes multiple moves AND the only move. If it was written that Nick was also going to try to make amends and was about to call Charlie when Charlie texts him first, absolutely. Someone needs to clear the air first. But it’s so one sided and that makes no sense for their characters. I hope Alice writes it for the show as Nick also deciding to reach out

R550 maybe don’t word your comments to completely shit on one of them next time and talk about how the director needs to step in, he distracts you, kit is better, etc. just a suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 557February 11, 2024 12:00 AM

R556 eh I won’t weigh in on that. Someone doesn’t have to be your fav to not shit on them totally regardless. I have my thoughts on some acting choices and acting overall on the show here but I think it’s a phenomenally talented young cast so I keep it to praising what I see as the best bits and not shitting on them regardless

by Anonymousreply 558February 11, 2024 12:02 AM

R550 again, totally disagree with you but you’re entitled to your opinion, but maybe work on wording things in a way less cunty way that shits on one of them when it is so completely unneeded.

Anyway, because I really love Joe and think he killed s2, I’ll shout out that he sells the hell out of not believing his luck with Nick. We’ve all talked about the intimacy and sweetness of him giggling into the kissing scenes he’s apparently so bad in, but even things like the way he smiles into the mirror and looks breathless in the recharging scene or looks awestruck when Nick comes out. It’s so so fucking compelling

by Anonymousreply 559February 11, 2024 12:05 AM

R558’yeah, fair. Sorry to guy on that. I think Kit was stronger in S1 and I’m obviously a Joe Stan. And both made choices that were not perfect in S2 (usually based on wrestling with shithouse dialogue. That being said, the take down of Joe in the kissing scenes didn’t read like someone who is a Joe fan at all.

by Anonymousreply 560February 11, 2024 12:06 AM

R560 I mean yeah, I’ve made a few comments about how completely shitty and unneeded that wording was when he could’ve just praised Kit, and people saying either Joe or kits acting choices take them out of the show when Alice’s writing is right there to shit on is almost comical, but alas

by Anonymousreply 561February 11, 2024 12:08 AM

Putting aside my ire now. Regarding the Charlie and Nick fight - I kind of hope Alice doesn’t change it. Even perfect boyfriends have their times when they fuck it up. The fight read true of two boys in a new and stressful time in their relationship. A lot of relationships break up for exactly that reason - one goes away to uni. Both were kind of dicks but I read it as Nick knowing on some level they may not make it and being angry when he has to actually confront that.

by Anonymousreply 562February 11, 2024 12:10 AM

I always thought it was clear Charlie was more nervous in the kissing scenes (especially in public) because Nick wasn’t out? Is that what the guy is talking about? The kiss/grinding when they’re alone, at the hotel is completely different in terms of energy.

by Anonymousreply 563February 11, 2024 12:10 AM

R560 I don't know if he was trying to connect it to the earlier convo about whether JoeKit's chemistry will change now that Bash is out of the picture. Honestly, even if it does change e.g. going at it during kisses even more than they already do, most will probably conclude that it's because they're allowed to go further than kissing in S3.

by Anonymousreply 564February 11, 2024 12:10 AM

R564 no no it’s clearly because Joe is so shit at his job he can’t act when he has an irl boyfriend and kit is the better actor by far duh!

by Anonymousreply 565February 11, 2024 12:13 AM

R562 I think most are fine with the fight staying relatively the same, just want the aftermath to be written better. Even just in terms of technology, the technology is outdated because it's more early 2010s than 2020s. Like, for reference, Charlie is Tumblr famous in the novella and his followers send him asks about him and Nick. That's likely hitting the cutting room floor, just like the show has them using Insta instead of Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 566February 11, 2024 12:13 AM

I also have a chip on my shoulder about Joe, but no need for a little comment about him looking to me more self conscious during a few of the kissing scenes prompting people to jump down my throat when you can read all my posts so far have been praising Joe and defending him from the Bash troll.

If anything, my comment was more a critique on the director and the intimacy coordinator than anything else, because, again, even when the popular opinion is to say that Kit's the best one in the show, I actually prefer Joe. Like I said at the beginning, I'm also surprised that apparently they didn't take an extra 5 mins to look at a monitor where you can tell no hickey is happening in order to modify the angle or Kit's choreography slightly and make it more believable.

We may disagree on the perception of how Joe moves his mouth during some of the kissing scenes for whatever reason (Bash mention was a fucking joke) but we're on the same side, people. I prefer Joe, I love both of them, and their chemistry is lightning in a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 567February 11, 2024 12:14 AM

I’ve literally just rewatched every single kiss that guy is talking about and yeah. Still think he’s wrong. They both sell it like crazy. Don’t think you have a different take because you’ve watched it so many times, I’ve watched it several as well and couldn’t disagree more. And again, can’t stop returning to how unnecessary it is to shit on one actor instead of just praising the other

by Anonymousreply 568February 11, 2024 12:14 AM

R567 I mean instead of being the victim you can reread your comment, see where you clearly said Joe takes you out of the scenes, needed it to be fixed, Kit was better, and it’s probably because he can’t act as well with a real boyfriend and acknowledge it was a fucked up fomment

by Anonymousreply 569February 11, 2024 12:15 AM

R562 The fight was perfectly fine. Just change up the resolution a bit.

I think Nick does think that on some level (or at least Kit's Nick will) since I don't buy the idea that Nick just has no clue what's wrong with Charlie so he has no fault because he can't read his mind. He knows Charlie doesn't want to hear about about uni , And Charlie isn't exactly wrong that Nick thinks it'll be the best and most exciting experience of his life

I think it'll work better in the show here they are more developed anyway

by Anonymousreply 570February 11, 2024 12:16 AM

I think it actually may work better in the context of the show too given one thing Alice has said is that she plans to focus s4 around Nick creating his own identity outside Charlie too. My thoughts on 2/4 seasons being Nick centric and only 1 Charlie (s1 was split) aside, I can see that adding to the conflict.

Nick having these internal thoughts that he’s too dependent on Charlie and needs to create his own identity but not sharing them much; Charlie not knowing this is a struggle for him because they haven’t discussed it and feeling it as Nick pulling away; part of Nick’s excitement about Leeds specifically and uni generally being that he’s not just “the rugby captain” and can try new things without fear, be out from day one, etc; and him waxing rhapsodic about how amazing it’ll be without realizing that his desire to be as well rounded and self fulfilled as Charlie is coming off to Charlie as him pulling away to dump him before uni. One of the more understandable and realistic misunderstanding tropes

by Anonymousreply 571February 11, 2024 12:21 AM

The one thing I hope Alice changes MOST in the fight which is overall fine is drunk Charlie asking Nick to go hook up in the bathroom and being upset he says no. Even though it’s not a bad thing in the book this fucking fandom will absolutely call Charlie a sexual assaulter and cancel Joe for not condemning the character

by Anonymousreply 572February 11, 2024 12:22 AM

R559 I could talk all day about his mirror smile during the recharging scene, it's actually a bit similar to the one he gives in the chocolate scene after Nick says that if they're out in Paris, they can kiss on the Eiffel Tower. He somehow always threads the needle between shy and playful.

by Anonymousreply 573February 11, 2024 12:22 AM

R571 Actually could really work, Charlie's you can break up with me would also work better if she goes that route, since you can understand how Charlie is coming to that conclusion

by Anonymousreply 574February 11, 2024 12:23 AM

R572 That's a good point. I kind of like the complicated implication that when Charlie is avoiding communication, his scars from the Ben relationship really come into play: Charlie focuses instead on making out and hooking up to deflect talking. But this fandom isn't great for nuance.

by Anonymousreply 575February 11, 2024 12:26 AM

R574 Alice should hire me. I also suggested the changes to the sex talk scenes to be Charlie being self conscious about discussing gay sex with Tao who says the only gross thing about fucking Nick is he’s a marvel fan, and Darcy staging a whole scene in the condom aisle to make Nick less self conscious. The wonders of having s gay man contribute thoughts.

Alice my rate is cheap! All I really want is to pick Joe up for a few hours

by Anonymousreply 576February 11, 2024 12:27 AM

R571 Season 1 is Charlie and Season 2 is Nick. Season 3 should be about Charlie because they set up his ED at the end of S2. Idk how they’ll fit all the rest of the characters in 8 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 577February 11, 2024 12:27 AM

R577 s1 is absolutely both, not charlie. I actually would love the structure of s1 both, s2 Nick, s3 Charlie, s4 both but we’ll see

by Anonymousreply 578February 11, 2024 12:28 AM

R578 Bookends worthy of a Kit Connor photodump.

by Anonymousreply 579February 11, 2024 12:30 AM

R578 They’re both for both seasons. Season 1 is legit Charlie’s season. Season 2 is Nick.

by Anonymousreply 580February 11, 2024 12:32 AM

R580 strongly disagree with you. The heart of s1 is Nick realizing his sexuality and him and Charlie coming together. Idk in what world that was a Charlie season, it was both.

by Anonymousreply 581February 11, 2024 12:33 AM

S1 was not nearly as close to Charlie centric as s2 was to Nick centric. Think Charlie got 3 min more screentime in s1, and Nick 14 more in s2. The biggest plotline by a mile in s2 was Nick coming out; I don’t think a Charlie storyline dominated s1 the same way. It was truly about them coming together and I’d actually say if anything Nick got the bigger more resonant scenes (googling his sexuality, coming out to his mother). It was split. S2 Nick was the main character. S3 I presume it’ll be Charlie. Then s4 ideally she splits again for the last season

by Anonymousreply 582February 11, 2024 12:36 AM

R581 Then S2 is about both because the main thing was Nick and Charlie coming out and Charlie’s mental health declining. We can still realize it was mainly about Nick just like S1 was mainly about Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 583February 11, 2024 12:36 AM

R583 what were the main Charlie storylines of s1, genuinely? You are the only person I’ve ever seen say it was Charlie’s season. It wasn’t, it was split. It’s not an attack on Nick to say that. I do legit believe s3 will be all about Charlie so they’ll each have a primary season

by Anonymousreply 584February 11, 2024 12:37 AM

I was just going through the first episode and the camera closing in on Nick's smiley face on Charlie's hand as Charlie's completely zoned out during Ben's half-assed apology and kiss...I hate it here but really good direction, cinematography, editing. Insane acting from Joe in his breakout role.

R581 I genuinely love how S1 opens with Charlie as our PoV character, then gradually blooms out into Nick's perspective as Charlie helps Nick become less repressed. The first episode is honestly really great and compact. I'm thankful for the binge format since the episodes are so short but if it had aired once a week, this ending sequence would have had the people in shambles. Does a lot with so little.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585February 11, 2024 12:41 AM

R584 How is not Charlie’s season? Most of the scenes were from Charlie’s pov. Charlie realizing he had a crush, pursuing his crush, complaining to his friends and teacher about said crush. Charlie and Ben saga. Charlie’s birthday with his friends, Charlie’s worries about Nick getting bullied, Charlie confiding in Tori. I think the only Nick centric episode was 6 and that episode was also about Tara and Darcy.

by Anonymousreply 586February 11, 2024 12:41 AM

Even Twitter fangirls who spend their time imagining ways to make Charlie storylines about Nick and always want more of him say s1 was an even split. You can’t compare a 3 min difference in screentime where Nick gets two incredible heavy solo scenes without Charlie, the coming out and the sexuality realization, to season 2 with a 14 minute disparity and a heavy emphasis on Nick’s coming out with Charlie’s mental health mentioned in the last 5 min of the entire season in a scene they share. Season 3 will be about Charlie. It’s weird to pretend s1 was.

by Anonymousreply 587February 11, 2024 12:42 AM

R586 were very clearly not going to agree and you are the singular person I’ve ever seen insist s1 was as inclined towards Charlie as s2 was towards Nick. Most descriptions of s1 say the primary storylines are Nick realizing his sexuality (Nick 1, Charlie 0) and Nick and Charlie dating (Nick 2, Charlie 1). Most descriptions of s2 just outright say the major focus is on Nick coming out and describe Charlie’s storyline as supporting him. His mental health is mentioned with the b plotlines. Based on the above I could actually make a better argument that S1 is ALSO Nick centric, but I’m not. Just s2. And s3 will be Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 588February 11, 2024 12:45 AM

R586… are you seriously ignoring Nick realizing his sexuality, Nick coming out, Nick making a grand gesture in front of the school, nicks speech to Imogen to try to say he had nothing except episode 6? Weird

by Anonymousreply 589February 11, 2024 12:46 AM

R588 The whole story in season 1 is coming from Charlie. I don’t know how you can think it’s split when the only thing we know about Nick is that he realizes he’s bi and his mom is accepting. It’s never going to be only about Charlie just like season 2 wasn’t only about Nick. They’re both main characters. S1 is definitely more about Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 590February 11, 2024 12:47 AM

R590 I tell you again no one else has ever mentioned this opinion and I strongly disagree. You do you though. Also idk why the larger points I’m making about how Alice could improve certain storylines are always ignored to zero in on one comment so someone can idk, say fictional character nick Nelson is abandoned by Alice and s1 ignored him

by Anonymousreply 591February 11, 2024 12:49 AM

gotta ask is this the same guy who coined the phrase low blows to nick nelson who is now insisting he had no storyline in season 1 because charlie talked to his teacher once about his crush

by Anonymousreply 592February 11, 2024 12:50 AM

Episode 1 of s1 was definitely about Charlie. By the time we get to episode 8, the show has shifted to being about Nick. The POV character gradually changes from Charlie to Nick but that change definitely happens.

I honestly don’t even think s3 will be super focused on Charlie. He’ll have a larger storyline for s3, but I’m still expecting their screen time to be very even.

A lot of fans like have Nick be the main character of the show, even if Charlie is the main character in the comics. Netflix is not going to sideline Kit in any noticeable way.

by Anonymousreply 593February 11, 2024 12:52 AM

R592 I'm sure. Ask anyone what S1 about and they aren't going to say Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 594February 11, 2024 12:53 AM

R591 I haven’t seen anyone apart from the people in the fandom, look at minutes on screen and things like that. S1 reviews definitely talked a lot about Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 595February 11, 2024 12:53 AM

R595 you know who else s1 reviews talked a lot about? This guy named nick. The coming out scene was the most discussed by a mile. Thus me saying it was… equal…

by Anonymousreply 596February 11, 2024 12:54 AM

R595 It's 3 more minutes

by Anonymousreply 597February 11, 2024 12:54 AM

This is a dumb argument even for me and DL. I will never agree with you that s1 was Charlie centric, you will never agree with me, let’s move on and engage with the substance of my comments rather than nitpicking

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 11, 2024 12:55 AM

R596 Disagree and Charlie is my favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 599February 11, 2024 12:56 AM

R599 don’t really care who your fav is? I disagree with you as I’ve said idk 6 times and won’t change my mind so why the fuck continue arguing frantically

by Anonymousreply 600February 11, 2024 12:57 AM

R600 Then why are you replying back? You keep going on lol You can fuck off too.

by Anonymousreply 601February 11, 2024 1:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!