Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sunday Night Dinner

I almost always roast a chicken on Sunday.

Roast chicken is delicious the day it’s roasted, and it also provides food for subsequent lunches or dinners.

Chicken salad is delicious, but so are chicken enchiladas or tacos.

What’s on your Sunday night menu?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 1, 2023 12:31 AM

I am ordering a pizza.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2023 11:02 PM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2023 11:03 PM

Hello, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2023 11:04 PM

That is a downloaded photo from the internet

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2023 11:05 PM

These amazing quesadillas from a taco truck down the street

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2023 11:05 PM

half a cajun burrito, one popeye's chicken wing, handful of cajun fries, steamed broccoli with goat cheese and cheddar.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2023 11:11 PM

TAKE OUT CHINESE! It’s an American tradition on Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Do you do it in a cast iron / carbon steel? I’ve been wanting to do that for simplicity’s sake, but the chickens from my local supermarkets always seem a smidge to big for my pan and I don’t want it splattering and making a mess of my oven.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2023 11:23 PM

Steak and a loaded baked potato.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2023 11:26 PM

Weed edibles, fettucine alfredo, lime-aid

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2023 11:28 PM

[quote] That is a downloaded photo from the internet

[bold] FALSE [/bold]

Check out my other good photos and you’ll see the very same cast iron skillet, rack, and butcher block counter.

It’s just a roast chicken.

It’s not like I have the Duchess of Sussex here.

Or do I?

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2023 11:30 PM

^ CORRECTION: Check out my other [bold] food [/bold] photos

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2023 11:31 PM

Greg, you are way too good for these assholes. Wish I could have chicken. I’ve had a102 fever for two days.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2023 11:34 PM

I also had roast chicken, but just a split breast, not a whole chicken. I had it with a baked sweet potato, cranberry sauce from a can, salad and iced tea. Very basic but very delicious.

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote] Do you do it in a cast iron / carbon steel?

I roast it in cast iron. And I preheat the skillet for 30 minutes in a 475° oven prior to roasting.

Consider purchasing a larger cast iron skillet. You’ll be happy you did. However, you want the chicken to just fit in, nice and snug, and not have an embarrassment of extra space.

See how it fits in my photo.

It’s a really easy and nice way to roast a chicken.

It splatters. Can’t be helped.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2023 11:39 PM

That sounds good, R14.

by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2023 11:40 PM

[quote] Greg, you are way too good for these assholes. Wish I could have chicken. I’ve had a102 fever for two days.

Haha! Thank you!

I’m sorry you’re sick.

That’s a high temperature. Is there anyone with you in case you need help?

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2023 11:41 PM

Aldi Chicken wings and pickles.

In the words of Sophia Petrillo, we's poh!

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2023 11:44 PM

R17 Yes I do, Greg. I texted him.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2023 11:46 PM

Good.

I hope you recover quickly.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2023 11:50 PM

Thank you, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2023 12:04 AM

I love your bondage techniques demonstrated in your boyfriend's photo, OP. :)

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2023 12:06 AM

Make sure all replies use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization. Otherwise OP goes from polite to Joan Crawford tearing up her rose garden with an axe.

by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2023 1:33 AM

Thighs like Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2023 1:40 AM

That looks delicious Greg.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2023 1:43 AM

I hope Gerg chokes on tendons

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2023 1:48 AM

I made roast chicken too, I always use the Ina Garten recioie for engagement chicken.

by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2023 2:27 AM

I can see the blood running out of that lizard.

The question is whose.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2023 2:45 AM

Greg, you should have put some pants on that thing. It's presenting hole.

Apart from that I like your food threads. They inspire me to be a more creative cook. I think I could actually make some of your meals. Roast chicken on Sundays is very appealing.

I don't understand the hate comments but you handle them well.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2023 3:46 AM

I wish I could roast a chicken. I've given up. Always dry and tasteless. I buy a rotisserie chicken at the deli, eat the wings and legs for supper, and shred the rest for later in the week.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2023 4:03 AM

[quote] I wish I could roast a chicken. I've given up. Always dry and tasteless. I buy a rotisserie chicken at the deli, eat the wings and legs for supper, and shred the rest for later in the week.

Rotisserie chickens are a great convenience.

But roasting a chicken is easy.

I can help.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2023 10:57 AM

Thank you, R29.

You should try roasting a chicken every Sunday.

It won’t take long before you are comfortable with cleaning, stuffing the cavity with your favorite seasonings, trussing, seasoning, and roasting a chicken. You will come up with your own way and it will be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2023 11:00 AM

Roast chicken is simple mr "dry chicken" ,key word here is Baste w/ butter, Baste every ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2023 1:11 PM

My main roasted chicken recipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2023 3:08 PM

I don't believe that basting is necessary.

Dry brine the chicken for three days prior to roasting (3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt for every pound of chicken, combined with some freshly ground black pepper. Rub the salt/pepper mixture all over the chicken—top/bottom, under the wings and drumsticks.

Cover lightly so that air can get to the chicken and refrigerate for two or three days.

After the brining period, put what you like inside the chicken (I like fresh thyme, a quartered lemon, a whole head of garlic cut in half (no need to peel), and two quarters of yellow onion.

Truss the chicken to make it into an attractive football shape.

475°F oven. After the oven preheats, place your cast iron skillet in the hot oven to heat for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, dry chicken well with paper toweling—top and bottom. Rub a little oil (I use extra-light olive oil) on both top and bottom of chicken. Then put the chicken in the screaming hot skillet breast side up (it should make noise when it hits the skillet) and roast for 30 minutes. The chicken will not stick if you have a super hot skillet and if the chicken is as dry as possible.

After first 30 minutes of roasting with the breast side up, carefully turn the chicken over so that the breast side is down. Roast for 20 minutes with breast side down. After 20 minutes, flip so that breast side is up again and roast for an additional 10 minutes. The total time in the oven is 60 minutes. This is perfect for a 5 and one-half pound chicken. The interior temperature should be at least 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh meat and when pierced, the juices should be clear and not pink.

Once the chicken is out of the oven, immediately pour any juices from inside the chicken into the cast iron skillet and remove chicken from cast iron pan, place on a warm plate, cover tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil and let rest for a full 30 minutes.

Perfection.

And you will have lots of delicious juices in the pan for a sauce or just some jus.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2023 3:10 PM

My other favorite roasted chicken recipe.

Something important, especially for the guy who always overcooks his: get an oven thermometer so you can regulate your oven's actual temperature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2023 3:10 PM

Squeaky clean ass

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2023 3:11 PM

I actually believe this. My Mom would have a roast chicken every week if my Dad "let" her.

$5 at Costco.

The chicken itself lasts them two days.

Then chicken & dumplings the day after that. So three out of seven days is chicken.

It just gets to be ridiculous.

She always says that is what they did as a kid (of course she had 5 siblings and probably finished the chicken in one night).

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2023 3:16 PM

R34, I have made Marcella's roast chicken a few times and like it.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2023 3:19 PM

I had pizza and wings. And celery and carrots. A bitch didn’t feel like cooking.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2023 3:19 PM

Something about the photo looks so old to me. Like the roasts my mom used to cook growing up.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2023 3:21 PM

My new boyfriend is an ethical vegan and trying to get me to convert.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2023 3:22 PM

[quote] I made roast chicken too, I always use the Ina Garten recioie for engagement chicken.

R27, I have made Ina's engagement chicken many times and think it's delicious.

Since I roast a chicken most Sundays, I try to mix it up between Ina's engagement chicken, Thomas Keller's simple salt and pepper roast chicken, a roast chicken recipe that I've shared on here where you roast the chicken on top of baguette slices resulting in the most delicious chicken flavored croutons for a salad with roast chicken, and my own version here that is based on Judy Rodgers famous roast chicken from the San Francisco restaurant The Zuni Cafe.

It's hard to go wrong with roast chicken.

by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2023 3:25 PM

[quote] Something about the photo looks so old to me. Like the roasts my mom used to cook growing up.

Which photo, R41?

by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2023 3:26 PM

PS, I sometimes put fresh thyme and rosemary under the skin on the chicken breast.

I do this prior to the 3-day dry brine.

Before serving, just remove the stems from under the breast, leaving the thyme and rosemary leaves on the flesh of the chicken.

by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2023 3:30 PM

Greg can you recommend a good cast iron skillet to buy? Which size skillet is the most versatile do you think? I'm going to try roasting a chicken in it with your recipe. I've never been much good at roasting chickens but I love to eat them. The best thing are the roast potatoes. Can you make those in the cast iron skillet too? If I don't burn the house down I will post a pic.

by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2023 3:35 PM

This Greg guy is regular old Rachel Ray isn’t he.

by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2023 3:36 PM

Thanks for the recipe, I screenshotted it. I tried cooking my chicken thighs how you suggested and they turned out great. Do you like to put vegetables under the chicken when roasting? Carrots, celery, onion, potatoes. I've tried it before and find it's very tasty. Do you always season it and let it sit for a few days?

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2023 3:39 PM

Regarding roasted potatoes, I suggest making them according to the recipe I shared here once before.

I'll get you the link.

For a good cast iron skillet, check out Lodge Chef Collection Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet ($35/$40). Link below.

If you want to save yourself $10, check out the Lodge Cast Iron Seasoned 12" Skillet (not the Chef Collection). You can find this pan at Walmart for $25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2023 3:46 PM

R46, give these roasted potatoes a try.

The key is having a screaming hot sheet pan with oil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote] Thanks for the recipe, I screenshotted it. I tried cooking my chicken thighs how you suggested and they turned out great. Do you like to put vegetables under the chicken when roasting? Carrots, celery, onion, potatoes. I've tried it before and find it's very tasty. Do you always season it and let it sit for a few days?

Oh, great! Which chicken thigh preparation was that? On the grill?

I do not like to put vegetables under the chicken when roasting because I don't want the chicken to be in any water that will be released by the vegetables. And also, since I roast the chicken at such a high temperature, I would be concerned that the vegetables would burn. You should, however, roast your vegetables with the chicken if you like. My mother always did that.

No, I do not always season it and let it sit for a few days. In fact, the chicken I roasted yesterday did not receive that treatment.

I was too busy last week to remember to brine the chicken ahead, so I seasoned it just one hour prior to it going in the oven and then dried it well.

It was still quite juicy and very nicely seasoned. Just be sure to use 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt for every pound of chicken, combined with some freshly ground black pepper. It will seem like a lot of salt when you're seasoning the chicken, but it definitely makes for a delicious roast chicken.

by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2023 3:56 PM

[quote] This Greg guy is regular old Rachel Ray isn’t he.

No, Becky, I am not.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2023 3:58 PM

R52 Take a joke. I sense hostility.

by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote] Take a joke. I sense hostility.

Just because you sense it doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2023 4:05 PM

R54 you’re right. Apologies. You seem cute.

by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2023 4:18 PM

[quote] you’re right. Apologies. You seem cute.

Thank you.

Apology accepted.

I am cute as a button.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2023 4:26 PM

Greg do you have a preference for your meats? Do you buy the expensive stuff, or just whatevers at the grocery store?

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2023 5:18 PM

Also, do you ever use ground chicken or turkey? I enjoy turkey but its so much work to cook. I would love to see more easy healthy recipes from you, maybe you could start a blog.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2023 5:19 PM

R57, I usually buy meat from the supermarket and try to buy things I use often while they are on sale.

For something special, I will go to a proper butcher.

I seldom use ground chicken or turkey, though I've made turkey meatballs before.

Thank you for your interest. I will give consideration to starting a blog.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2023 5:22 PM

Fuck Gerg

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2023 7:26 PM

I buy the roasted chicken from Costco for $5. They are great and I use the leftovers for another 12-15 meals by shredding and adding the chicken, a can of fire roasted corn, a can of black beans, a can of diced tomatoes, some olives and some taco seasoning in a pan. Simmer it all and then add to flour tortillas with a bit of cheese, roll them up, spray with some oil, and bake on 350 for about 20 mins.

Let them cool overnight, then roll each one in tin foil and freeze. Can't beat that for $5.00.

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2023 7:49 PM

I never have a specific menu on Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2023 7:50 PM

The rotisserie chickens at Costco, R61?

That is a very good deal!

by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2023 7:57 PM

[quote] Fuck Gerg

Come now.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2023 7:58 PM

I watch food videos and Food 52 did a comparison between a brined chicken and a heavily salted chicken that had been salted and then refrigerated for 24 hours. Surprisingly, the salted chicken texturally was much better and the salt had flavored the entire chicken. So ... I'm not brining anymore.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2023 8:08 PM

That’s right, R65.

That’s why I do a dry brine.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2023 8:20 PM

This thread has inspired me to roast a chicken this week. Tonight I have a hot date and I'm going to order lobster. Greg, do you enjoy seafood?

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2023 9:51 PM

Thanks, Greg! I'm glad to have confirmed. I was in the practice of pre-seasoning the chicken, but I wasn't dry brining it. That will be my plan moving forward. Usually, I serve it with Israeli pearl couscous, pine nuts, goat cheese, grape tomatoes and olive oil and then a salad. I am tired of potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2023 11:56 PM

I grilled a flank steak for a Sunday night dinner party. I made a marinade of scallions, jalapeño,garlic, parsley lemon zest, salt, pepper and olive oil. I reserved some marinade to serve with the grilled steak but my dog ate it. I made toasted cauliflower seasoned with paprika and cumin, a salad with cherry tomatoes and a parmesan dressing. We had store bought Angel food cake with strawberries and cream.

by Anonymousreply 69September 19, 2023 12:50 AM

Here in SoCal the Spanish grocery store chain Northgate Market makes the best store bought rotisserie chicken I ever tasted. Anywhere across the country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 19, 2023 12:59 AM

That sounds good Egalandy.

by Anonymousreply 71September 19, 2023 1:02 AM

You have to watch out with rotisserie chickens. Some are injected with a load of sodium and glazed with artificial coloring. A roast chicken is one of the easiest healthy things you can make. A 2-3 day brining is not necessary. You can season it with Herbs de Provence, or even just black pepper, sage, thyme and/or rosemary (fresh or dried). Or just season and bake chicken pieces in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 72September 19, 2023 1:13 AM

[quote] This thread has inspired me to roast a chicken this week. Tonight I have a hot date and I'm going to order lobster. Greg, do you enjoy seafood?

I’m glad you’ve been inspired!

How was your date? You order lobster on a date?

Yes, I do enjoy seafood, R67.

by Anonymousreply 73September 19, 2023 10:53 AM

[quote] A 2-3 day brining is not necessary.

Yes, R72, just as I said in R51. Brining is not necessary, but if you think ahead, it makes for a lovely chicken.

Thomas Keller has a simple yet delicious way to prepare roast chicken with just salt and pepper.

It’s hard to go wrong with roast chicken—as long as one doesn’t overcook it (or undercook it).

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2023 10:59 AM

Egalandy (R69), your dinner sounds absolutely delicious.

How do you prepare the cauliflower?

by Anonymousreply 75September 19, 2023 11:01 AM

[quote] Thanks, Greg! I'm glad to have confirmed. I was in the practice of pre-seasoning the chicken, but I wasn't dry brining it. That will be my plan moving forward. Usually, I serve it with Israeli pearl couscous, pine nuts, goat cheese, grape tomatoes and olive oil and then a salad. I am tired of potatoes.

Thanks, R68. I hope you get good results with your dry brine.

Serving roast chicken with Israeli couscous, pine nuts, goat cheese, grape tomatoes, and olive oil sounds so good to me.

I’m tired of tomatoes, too.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2023 11:05 AM

^CORRECTION: I’m tired of [bold] potatoes, [/bold] too.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2023 11:11 AM

Thanks Greg about the skillet suggestion. Those potatoes sound delicious too. Will a 12" skillet fit the chicken and some cut up potatoes around the edges do you think? I'll give it a try.

I actually didn't appreciate you that much until recently I asked you to post some pics of your own food and was bowled over by how good a cook you are. It's high end restaurant quality. I suggested you start an Instagram. You should.

Speaking of potatoes - any pics of the roast potatoes Greg? I haven't had dinner yet and I'm starving thinking about them.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2023 11:15 AM

[quote] Will a 12" skillet fit the chicken and some cut up potatoes around the edges do you think?

Yes, a 12” skillet should easily accommodate a 5# trussed chicken and some potatoes.

[quote] I actually didn't appreciate you that much until recently I asked you to post some pics of your own food and was bowled over by how good a cook you are. It's high end restaurant quality.

I’m glad you’ve had a change of heart. People like to say I am a troll who makes this stuff up. I’m not and I don’t.

[quote] I suggested you start an Instagram. You should.

I’m considering this. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I have no pics of my roasted potatoes. Next time I make them, I’ll take some.

Where are you, R46/R78?

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2023 11:27 AM

Cool! I'd love to see them next time you make them. I really enjoyed all your pics the other day. You know what you're doing in the kitchen. You should & Australia.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2023 11:39 AM

Curing is to dry brining as texture is to mouthfeel.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2023 12:04 PM

Hey R75. I wrote that I toasted it but of course, that’s incorrect. I steamed it and then seasoned it and then roasted it on the grill while I rested the flank steak. I like vegetables charred! Penelope Casas has a good green bean recipe on Food52 for pan roasting. It’s always good.

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2023 3:46 PM

Greg do you have any favourite chefs? Where did you learn to cook?

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2023 8:12 PM

[quote] Greg do you have any favourite chefs? Where did you learn to cook?

Hi, R83!

I like Gordon Ramsay, Thomas Keller, Anne Burrell, and the late Marcella Hazan, among others.

I have been cooking since my teenage years. When I was around 12/13 years old, for Christmas I asked for “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” volumes 1 & 2 and “The Joy of Cooking.” I started cooking dinners at home when I was 12 or 13.

In my twenties I started cooking at a private Brahmin literary club in Boston, which is where I learned and practiced cooking for upwards of 100 people and managing kitchen and dining room staff.

Around this time I started a small catering company focusing on private clubs, in particular at Harvard but also other places, as well as catering cocktail and dinner parties in peoples homes.

Thank you for your interest.

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2023 8:27 PM

^Lmaooooooooo the delusion is REAL

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2023 12:37 AM

With chicken I cut the the backbone out and roast it flat. 500 degrees 45 minutes or until breast is 150. I roast the backbone too and it turns into a delightful cracklin.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2023 12:43 AM

R85 I would guess most of the ass kissing responses "it" gets on here are from itself. Posting as one of its sock puppets and anonymously. Someone has an entire thread of pretend time.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2023 12:50 AM

Not a delusion, R85.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2023 2:18 PM

[quote] [R85] I would guess most of the ass kissing responses "it" gets on here are from itself. Posting as one of its sock puppets and anonymously. Someone has an entire thread of pretend time.

Then you would guess incorrectly, R87.

I never respond to myself. And the responses are hardly "ass kissing responses."

Your life must be pretty base.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2023 2:20 PM

You’re a base bitch motherfucker Gerg

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2023 2:29 PM

R87 are you so miserable that Greg's contentment triggers you? I enjoy his threads. It inspires me to cook healthy.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2023 2:29 PM

Thank you, R91.

It is very clear that R87 is unhappy with himself and with his life.

I, on the other hand, am very content with myself and am very happy with my life.

I will keep posting regardless of people like R87.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2023 2:34 PM

[quote] You’re a base bitch motherfucker Gerg

Thank you, R90.

Coming from someone as tacky as you, that is a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2023 2:36 PM

R31 Please help. I've read some of the posts following mine and they disagree with each other. I'm just looking for a simple roast chicken. Anything you can offer will be appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2023 8:09 AM

Hello, R94.

Did you see my post above at R35?

Happy to share more information if needed.

If you don’t do a dry brine, just salt it well using the salt-to-chicken ratio I provided. If you can do this an hour before roasting the chicken, great.

Please report back.

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2023 12:10 PM

Should I fill the orifices?

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2023 3:24 PM

[quote] Should I fill the orifices?

[quote] After the brining period, put what you like inside the chicken (I like fresh thyme, a quartered lemon, a whole head of garlic cut in half (no need to peel), and two quarters of yellow onion.

by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2023 6:25 PM

Greg, you use far too much salt. How is your blood pressure? Kidney function?

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2023 6:40 PM

His eGFR is 12. Gonna die soon!

by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote] Greg, you use far too much salt. How is your blood pressure? Kidney function?

Using salt while preparing homemade food results in less sodium consumption than eating processed foods.

My blood pressure is within the normal range.

Not sure about kidney function.

But my husband just saw his cardiologist the other day who encouraged him to “keep doing what [he’s] doing.”

We eat very well.

No, we are not fat.

We eat meatless meals once or twice a week.

We eat red meat once every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2023 7:05 PM

R13, has your fever broken?

I hope so and that you are well on the road to recovery.

by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2023 7:47 PM

Greg, if your husband has a cardiologist, you should definitely lay off the salt, unless you are trying to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2023 8:42 PM

I by a couple at Krogers pre-made ($7.99). Freeze one and me and the cats snack on the other. No way am I preparing, baking, cleaning, etc.

by Anonymousreply 103September 21, 2023 8:54 PM

Greg, do you ever roast Cornish game hens?

by Anonymousreply 104September 21, 2023 9:02 PM

[quote] Greg, do you ever roast Cornish game hens?

I have, R104.

I’ve also spatchcocked and grilled them.

by Anonymousreply 105September 21, 2023 10:22 PM

r101 Hi, Greg. My fever broke on Tuesday and I was able to go out again today. Thank you so much for remembering. I did get to roast some bone-in chicken breasts, which I dressed with sour cream, mayo, and dill, with a little lemon juice, and ate room temp.

- r13

by Anonymousreply 106September 21, 2023 11:31 PM

Gerg has diabetic nephropathy and he’s imagining having a husband with his microvascular cerebral disease :(()

by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2023 12:22 AM

R106 is Gerg talking to itself.

by Anonymousreply 108September 22, 2023 2:00 AM

My chicken has been in the fridge for two days and I am using your recipe tomorrow Greg!

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2023 6:18 AM

[quote] My chicken has been in the fridge for two days and I am using your recipe tomorrow Greg!]

Hi, R109!

I'm very happy to hear that you've dry brined your bird!

Let us know how it comes out!

by Anonymousreply 110September 24, 2023 4:48 PM

My vulture is tender as hell! 😋

by Anonymousreply 111September 24, 2023 5:00 PM

I’m making Hazan’s recipe for roast chicken this evening . It always comes out perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 112September 24, 2023 6:51 PM

^Pierce that lemon!

by Anonymousreply 113September 24, 2023 7:55 PM

Egalandy,

Did your bird puff up?

by Anonymousreply 114September 24, 2023 11:02 PM

R109, I am eager to hear how your chicken came out.

by Anonymousreply 115September 25, 2023 11:08 AM

R109, tell us about your chicken.

by Anonymousreply 116September 27, 2023 9:06 PM

R113! I not only pierced it but rolled it on the kitchen counter to loosen the pulp! Got a nice puff when I pulled it from the oven! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 117September 28, 2023 1:34 PM

Maybe I’ll make Marcella’s roast chicken tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 118October 1, 2023 12:12 AM

Did Gerg choke on tendons yet?

by Anonymousreply 119October 1, 2023 12:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!