Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jane Lynch REGRETS leaving Funny Girl

She said she should have stayed on when Lea Michele joined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2024 2:39 AM

I get it, but it was probably a better show without her. I definitely think it was better for Lea Michele that she left. More attention for her.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2024 9:01 PM

Jane was….not good. Not at all. And her quitting over Lea looked petty AF..

Tovah at least TRIED.

Lea was a fucking sensation.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2024 9:25 PM

R1, better??? It went from being abysmal to spectacular. Jane was so profoundly unconvincing. And the less said about Beanie, the better.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2024 9:28 PM

R2 I do not blame Jay for quitting at all. It did not look petty to me. It looked like someone who did not want to deal with the bullshit that would come along with Lea. She worked with her for years and knows how she is. There is a reason that almost everyone who has worked with her does not like her. However, everyone loves Jane.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2024 9:28 PM

[quote] It went from being abysmal to spectacular

So, in other words, better.

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2024 9:31 PM

And yet, R4, I don't remember reading anything about LM's pulling her usual nonsense during FUNNY GIRL. My sense is that it was her chance to show the world that she could be a pro after all, and she delivered.

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2024 10:01 PM

Yeah, I didn’t read a single rumor, and the press like Page Six would gave feasted on that.

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2024 10:16 PM

Omg. We are speaking about Lea’s past. There is a reason Jane didn’t wanna work with her again. That isn’t petty. Of course Lea isn’t gonna conduct herself the way she did in the past after it becoming public knowledge and the backlash. She needs to rebrand and change her image. Common sense. Use your fucking brain for once.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2024 10:56 PM

In what universe does Jane Lynch pass for Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2024 12:08 AM

It's called acting, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2024 12:50 AM

R9 R29 I saw the touring company with Melissa Manchester as Mommy Brice. Mrs. Srakosh, A little Jewish lady was played by an actress who has got this Asian! You know what? She was cute and adorable and totally believable as a little old Jewish lady from Minsk

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2024 1:17 AM

R8, you wrote, "It looked like someone who did not want to deal with the bullshit that would come along with Lea. She worked with her for years and knows how she is. There is a reason that almost everyone who has worked with her does not like her." In other words, past Lea was sure to remain present Lea.

Then you wrote, "Of course Lea isn’t gonna conduct herself the way she did in the past after it becoming public knowledge and the backlash. She needs to rebrand and change her image. Common sense." So by your own logic, Jane should have known that she WOULDN'T have to deal with past nonsense?

"Use your fucking brain for once." You try it first, dear.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2024 1:40 AM

I saw both versions. The version with Beanie and Jane was a travesty. I sat there with my mouth open thinking I was being punked. It was that bad. Then I saw it with Lea and Tovah and it was fucking amazing, one of the best things I saw all season and I'm a tough critic. It's been years since I enjoyed a show so much.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2024 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!