Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fridgescaping!

A new trend is on the horizon which is sure excite and captivate all Dataloungers!

Fridgescaping. The art of decorating the inside of your fridge for aesthetic pleasure!

What do we think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2024 1:20 PM

“Surprisingly, I never thought anybody would care about my refrigerator,” says Lynzi Judish, a TikTok creator who posts content about “decorating, organizing, and romanticizing” her home. Judish is one of many millennials and Gen Z’ers deliberately arranging the contents of her refrigerator all for the sake of “fridgescaping.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2024 6:44 AM

Fridgescaping is the act of styling a refrigerator’s contents. Although it might seem like a trend born of social media, the term nearly predates Instagram. Kathy Perdue, a retired design consultant based in Brentwood, California, coined the phrase in a 2011 blog post as a riff on “tablescaping.”

“I thought, every time you open up your refrigerator — and we do that several times a day — it needs to be pretty, too,” she explains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2024 6:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2024 6:47 AM

It's definitely meant for people who don't cook.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2024 6:49 AM

Maybe in a non-working fridge to do a diorama.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2024 6:49 AM

how about a warning before posting such graphic pics!? my junk just shriveled to the size of a peanut and 2 raisins

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2024 6:49 AM

I just can’t …….. but, yet, I can’t look away

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2024 6:53 AM

Who knew Fridgescaping would steal "Live Laugh Love" word art's crown!

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2024 6:55 AM

Just wait until your feast your eyes on toiletscaping and bidetscaping!

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2024 7:06 AM

Maybe if you are a rich bitch with a big glass fridge who doesn't eat, like Yolanda on RHOBH. Otherwise it's just pointless clutter taking up space.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2024 7:14 AM

Oh wow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2024 7:20 AM

If you’ve been scrolling through social media lately, you’ve probably come across beautifully organized refrigerators, often with a specific theme. I was captivated by a Reel I saw by Lynzi Judish, featuring a stunning Hobbit-inspired food layout.

Fridgescaping is the art of organizing and decorating the inside of your refrigerator. It’s a creative trend that involves arranging food items in a visually appealing and functional way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2024 7:23 AM

"A Hobbit refrigerator has been my most requested fridgescape theme ever, so I went on a quest to tackle it. I’ve honesty been very nervous because I really wanted to do it justice for everyone. I was heavily influenced by Bilbo Baggins’ kitchen in The Hobbit right down to the doilies!".

Link is to her Instagram showing a video of the construction and end product.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2024 7:30 AM

The LED candles are de trop.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2024 7:36 AM

What do you think of my scape, DL? I've been working on it all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2024 8:38 AM

It looks like that mold's been worked on for 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2024 8:40 AM

I was ahead of the trend, it seems. My theme was kind of tribal butcher.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2024 10:27 AM

This is the frau-est shit I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2024 11:02 AM

Hey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2024 11:10 AM

I think some people have too much fucking time on their hands

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2024 11:13 AM

The fridge can be cleaned well because the surface is small. If you have decoration and shit it gets complicated to make it hygienic. It's logical though that people want to make things pretty, especially when the post "content".

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2024 11:18 AM

Looks like there’s just enough room for three turkey meatballs and a small bottle of tonic water.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2024 11:32 AM

My fat ass needs that fridge space for multiple sets of empty fast food containers per week.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2024 11:46 AM

Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2024 12:01 PM

Peak fucking frau.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2024 12:08 PM

They probably do the decorating during their mental health day.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2024 12:12 PM

Wait til you bitches see my dishwasher scaping!!!

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2024 12:24 PM

Toiletscaping

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2024 12:48 PM

Living alone, I don’t keep too much food in my fridge but use the empty space to store dirty dishes until I have enough to run a dishwasher load.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2024 1:06 PM

Same, R29. I sometimes have to check myself before I presoak a cold, used bowl by filling it with scalding hot faucet water 😅

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2024 1:17 PM

Between dishwasher loads, I store dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2024 1:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!