Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Older children addicted to “pouch feeding” - baby food pouches 2-3 times a day as old as 7 years.

Seems really lazy to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2024 9:20 AM

Yup. For the same reasons no one wants kids to keep sucking their thumbs.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2024 1:32 AM

Since when is DL against sucking?

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2024 1:37 AM

Meh, it made the stupid child-kid occupied by his own selfs and lets alone me with times with security man quiet.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2024 1:37 AM

Some of those new ones look good and I’m tempted to try one sometimes NGL

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2024 1:42 AM

Don’t come crying to me when one of these pouches becomes lodged up the nose of a sea turtle.

Such plastic waste is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2024 1:45 AM

Better this than those kids who still nurse from their creepy moms teat for years after they should have been weaned.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2024 1:54 AM

What is with the complete infantilization of children these days.

Setting aside the whole "I walked uphill in the snow both ways to school each day" thing, I literally did walk to school every day starting in kindergarten as did ALL of my friends. No parents driving to pickup. We all walked to and from school.

I started cooking on a gas stove over an open flame when I was six - I used to make myself omlettes and scrambled eggs, bacon, and such. I knew how to use the toaster and microwave oven and was allowed to do so. These days, cps would be called and parents arrested if they allowed their elementary school age children to cook without supervision.

I know what age I was because we moved from the house where we were living when I was 11 and was doing all this stuff for years before we moved - and I know I was doing this stuff because I remember where I used to throw food away when I made too much and didn't want to get in trouble for not eating it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2024 2:02 AM

Why is it bad for you? I thought baby food was made pretty pure. I still love chicken sticks and puréed plums but they’re so expensive I don’t get them much.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2024 2:07 AM

Why is it bad for you? I thought baby food was made pretty pure. I still love chicken sticks and puréed plums but they’re so expensive I don’t get them much.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2024 2:07 AM

These pouches have got to be terrible for teeth and are terrible for the environment. Disgusting, lazy-ass parents.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2024 2:11 AM

I thought ‘pouch feeding’ was going to be way worse- something akin to breastfeeding elementary school aged kids. Some weird thing overly attached mothers do, so I’m relieved to see it’s just these toddler pouch things.

They have yogurt, applesauce, and smoothie pouches designed for older kids, too, so they’ll be sucking on these things until at least middle school.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2024 2:31 AM

R3 Try Eng!ish.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2024 2:33 AM

R10 You’re an idiot

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2024 2:33 AM

Lazy parenting. Throw that 7 year old a banana or an apple.

JFC - it's not that hard.

But they won't eat anything else! Yeah - well, that will last all of one day. And if they mouth off - smack em across the face.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2024 2:35 AM

"They won't eat anything else !" Why? Are you a slave to children? Are you afraid of children? Tell them what they are eating and present them with the option of eating it or going hungry.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2024 2:41 AM

[quote]Why is it bad for you? I thought baby food was made pretty pure.

Baby food is for babies. Kids should be eating real food with fiber and nutrients, not a pouch full of mush. And as R10 said, all that packaging is a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2024 2:44 AM

They make them for grownups now too! Noka brand, and Once Upon a Farm. YUM.

Obviously, relying on these instead of fresh fruit/vegetables is bad. But there are times when you want to pack something shelf-stable for yourself — and you’ll have to eat it after it’s been idling at room temp for 6 hours. These fit the bill wuite nicely.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2024 2:50 AM

What is the consistency of these pouch foods? Is it like a puree? Do they drink it or does it have chunks of food in it?

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2024 3:02 AM

You have to be some lazy ass parent to constantly feed your kids this way. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2024 3:03 AM

Do any kids walk to school anymore? Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2024 3:04 AM

I never understood baby food- the stuff you buy. I always just fed my kid most of whatever I had for dinner. You just puree it, maybe add some broth or milk. If I made something that he loved I would freeze it in ice cube trays and store in the freezer in baggies. I think people may have more money than common sense.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2024 3:23 AM

I think the older generation (older than you, rescue-chick), didn't think to do that. They also didn't have food processors.

Anyway, my friend's kids have all of these picky tastes. She takes them to McDonald's quite a bit. They're not going to suddenly want to eat vegetables and lean protein.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2024 4:50 AM

Would you rather feed your kid a pouch of apple sauce or a slim fast bar?

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2024 4:58 AM

r21 My mom did the same. Burnt the blender motor puréeing me parsnips once which I hated. She persisted by shoving it back in because she's stubborn. I kept spitting it out until we called a baby-mom truce.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2024 7:22 AM

This will simplify food service at our great universities. They won't read more than 5 pages, and they'll feed from pouches.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2024 7:43 AM

It helps the poor kids cope with the ADHD, generational trauma, and non-binary disphoria they all seem to have.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2024 9:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!