Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

115 year old Elizabeth Francis is DEAD TO ME

Houston resident Elizabeth Francis, the oldest person in the U.S. and the third-oldest person in the world, died at the age of 115 on Tuesday.

Francis was the third-oldest person in the world at the time of her death, according to LongeviQuest, a database on the world’s oldest people. Her validated age made her the 54th oldest person to ever live, and the 21st oldest American ever.

She had lived most of her life in Houston, where she lived with her 95-year-old daughter, Dorothy Williams. At the time of her death, Francis’ primary caregiver was her granddaughter, Ethel Harrison, according to LongeviQuest.

“Ms. Elizabeth was a Houstonian icon and a cherished member of the community,” a news release from the database said.

Francis was born in Louisiana in 1909 and has lived through several notable historical events, including two World Wars, segregation and a global pandemic. She had a sister who lived to age 106 before her death in 2011, according to LongeviQuest.

“Ms. Elizabeth Francis was America's Grandmother. She lived a life of faith and love, always crediting the Good Lord for her longevity. She was beloved by her family and community,” said Ben Meyers, a spokesperson for LongeviQuest. “They are in our prayers, especially her daughter Ms. Dorothy Williams, whom she lived with until the end, and her granddaughter Ms. Ethel Harrison whose joyful dedication made it possible for her grandmother to live at home even at age 115.”

“May Ms. Francis Rest in Peace; she will never be forgotten,” Meyers said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2024 11:59 AM

It makes you stop to think - do I only have another fifty years to live? Will my retirement savings last that long?

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 11:43 PM

Did she have a great ass?

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 11:47 PM

[quote] She had lived most of her life in Houston, where she lived with her 95-year-old daughter, Dorothy Williams.

If a 95-year-old woman told you her mother was still alive, you'd think she had dementia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 11:48 PM

God speed Miss Francis. She lived through alot. Her sister and daughter, too.🙏🙏🙏

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 11:49 PM

R4 = Trevor Donovan

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 11:59 PM

I’ll never understand how 100+ year old people can be totally bed bound but live on for years and a 40 year old can get a blood clot from a 6 hour flight and keel over. They must have super genes.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2024 12:04 AM

Whoopi Goldberg has optioned her life story and will play her in the movie. And she will get an Oscar for it ! You just wait and see.

And before anyone asks, this was the cause of death: She was cleaning out the walk-in oven at her local WalMart, where she worked part time. She breathed in the fumes from the E-Z Off Spray she was using with no ventilation, and suffocated before she keeled over. She was not fighting an oil rig fire.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2024 12:17 AM

This is awful! What happened?

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2024 12:23 AM

God rest the lady's soul.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2024 12:29 AM

Did I miss something, R6? I've not read anything about her being "bed-bound."

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2024 12:35 AM

The photo of her with her birthday tiara made my day.

RIP. After 115 years, she’s due some rest.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2024 12:51 AM

Yes, I love her tiara.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2024 12:55 AM

R3 😂 😂. Facts. I love you whoever you are.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2024 12:57 AM

R6 They do. African-Americans have superior physical genes that have deteriorated through terrible diets and black on black violence. Who else could have survived the Middle Passage.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2024 12:58 AM

R14. Take your Eugenics back to 1940s Nazi Germany.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2024 1:01 AM

Oprah has optioned her life as a Broadway musical. Fantasia will star as Elizabeth Francis, while Jennifer Hudson will play her 95 year old daughter.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2024 1:06 AM

R15 = Jimmy the Greek

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2024 1:09 AM

[quote]This is awful! What happened?

The tina she was smoking was cut with fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2024 1:11 AM

Was it foul play?

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2024 1:11 AM

R16 And I will play the grand-daughter .

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2024 1:14 AM

R15 Ok. I’m not a Nazi. I made the comment. I just think it’s true. I know it’s ignorant and I’m black. But I just do. I’m sorry I said it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2024 1:19 AM

R19 It was. Her 95 year old daughter couldn't wait much longer for her inheritance - which turned out to be just the tiara.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2024 1:22 AM

R22 Law & Order SVU: cyber medical terrorism, diabetes, a NAACP sex scandal, a white man who lied, Viola Davis hamming it up, downlow brothers— would all be in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2024 1:28 AM

[quote] I know it’s ignorant and I’m black.

It's ignorant, and you're ignorant, but it's not because you're black. It's because you're you.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2024 1:54 AM

R24 Correct. I’m sorry. Of course I wasn’t implying it’s cuz I’m black.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2024 1:57 AM

Bless her. What those eyes have seen and those ears have heard. RIP Ms Francis.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2024 2:07 AM

I’m always surprised that the oldest American is so often an African-American woman. First, they are a small percentage of the population, and, second, they would usually have grown up with inferior health care and living conditions.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2024 2:08 AM

R27 I don’t know about that noise you talking on the end but we die younger than yall. I have always thought we possess some type of superior genes since watching Roots at Takoma Elementary Center each year until high school. Maybe I’m high functioning autistic. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2024 2:13 AM

She had a hot ass but she couldn't live forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2024 2:31 AM

R29 Don’t lie on my name ho. I was gon WW and lol at the post, until I saw that. Cause everyone knows I sign my original moniker from time to time. You tried it.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2024 2:35 AM

Vaxxed?

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote] Whoopi Goldberg has optioned her life story and will play her in the movie. And she will get an Oscar for it ! You just wait and see.

And without makeup!

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2024 2:43 AM

R32 And without much dialogue. Whoopi will 'speak her lines' through her facial expressions, while she's lying in bed throughout the movie. She'll smile, frown, grimace, scowl, etc. at the conversations around her - just like she does on 'The View'. Then when the supporting cast playing her family leave her bedside, she will look at the camera and say, "We'll all be right back because ya know...that's what we do..." and SCENE! (Just like she cuts for a commercial on 'The View').

Sarah is already hearing 'Oscar buzz' and the movie hasn't even been written yet.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2024 11:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!