Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What could get Trump cultists to stop supporting him at this point?

A videotape of him jerking off Arnold Palmer in the shower while screaming "Hitler is my homeboy" ???

Raping a toddler in front of an audience at one of his rallies?

Anything?

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2024 12:36 PM

A video of him getting pegged by Hillary while sucking Hunter Biden's cock would probably do it. If you managed to convince them it wasn't a deepfake, that is.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 7:56 PM

To understand his cult, you have to understand it isn’t about the person Trump, but about the fact that everyone knows he is for sale and will push any draconian law through, as long as you promise him a big cheque.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 8:01 PM

Wake me up when they post something worth getting up for.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 8:03 PM

At this point, it’s hard to imagine anything dissuading the voters on either side from voting for their candidate.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 8:20 PM

A massive group Kool-Aid drinking ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 8:28 PM

I read a couple bits from January 6 insurrectionists whose cases had come to trial. They felt bitterly betrayed that their actions had consequences and blamed him. Not that I think there’s a way to translate that into votes for Harris and other Democrats. That would need both forethought and the willingness to go against people in their churches, not to mention growing beyond their racism.

Nope. He has a stranglehold on them.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 8:36 PM

Nothing will deter the Trump crowd from voting for him. We already know what an appalling cunt he is. They don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2024 8:52 PM

He groped her too, apparently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2024 11:59 PM

NOTHING. Trumpism is larger than trump.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2024 12:33 AM

I rarely talk politics, but I have been planting seeds among the Trump cultists I know. I shake my head and we talk about how rigged the elections are and I urge them in a gentle way, more by suggestion, that it's just "why even bother to vote?" I think in some cases it is working.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2024 12:52 AM

r10, if they listen to you for advice or ever act on any suggestion you make, I totally agree that they're idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2024 12:55 AM

Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2024 12:59 AM

The majority of Trump voters either don't know who Hitler was or think he was an ally (but don't know which war was involved.)

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote]Trying to Rape a toddler in front of an audience at one of his rallies and not being able to get it up.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2024 1:05 AM

There's that somewhat famous quote once made by corrupt Louisiana governor, Edwards, while he was running for re-election back in 1983, when he boasted:

[quote] The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.

At this point, I think Dump's supporters would probably forgive the part about "a dead girl."

"A live boy" would be questionable.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2024 1:17 AM

I think a live boy would be fine too. Maybe a live "they."

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2024 1:19 AM

I was going to say "nothing," but after reading the toddler-rape idea ^^, I do think there are a couple of things that would do it. It would have to be shocking and done right in front of their eyes. Other than the live kiddy-assault, it could be him going completely gaga in front of an audience and chopping up people with an axe, or it could be him having a massive stroke or heart attack--also in public--soiling himself and foaming at the mouth.

In fact, on further consideration, I think that last one is the only type of thing that would make them turn against him. They will excuse anything from him except weakness or frailty. Complete loss of physical control and public self-humiliation just about works.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2024 1:20 AM

[quote]What could get Trump cultists to stop supporting him at this point?

NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2024 1:27 AM

I read the DM comments each day and the one uniting factor between the left and the right seems to be a love of animals. Many will even upvote a comment against Trumps Jr and their ridiculous trophy kills.

Possibly if he were on video abusing an animal that might be the visceral reaction a Trump supporter would need to finally walk away in disgust.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2024 1:36 AM

Yeah, that might do it, too, R19.

--R17.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2024 1:48 AM

It's hard to deprogram the hardcore cultists.

Now, the 'going along with the ride' type, they can be swayed....if something affects them very directly, then they'll turn.

And, there's the Repubs just voting for him because he's the Repub candidate but don't like Trump or actively dislike him. If they had someone else to vote for, they would. I mean, if Mitt Romney had run, he would have divided that ticket. Which is why both sides come down hard on anyone who will do that.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2024 2:07 AM

NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2024 2:09 AM

He could call for a mass suicide if he wanted to - millions of people believe god sent him to earth to fight demons who feast on infants.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2024 2:12 AM

He has a hold on a certain percentage of his core voters that nothing will shake. He could rape them and they'd vote for him. They scream for his shit.

The top three things:

Injuring a small child/infant - slapping them, etc.

Injuring an animal - particularly a dog

Injuring a very elderly person - shoving an old lady with a cane to one side, say.

In terms of non-moral failing, visibly shitting himself would give some people pause.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2024 3:26 AM

[quote] He could call for a mass suicide if he wanted to - millions of people believe god sent him to earth to fight demons who feast on infants.

That would be the first action he could take that I would wholeheartedly support.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2024 10:38 AM

Nothing. Nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2024 11:16 AM

For the true Trump-Cult Crazies, nothing. They'll explain away anything that comes up. Even if it's video, they'll just say it's a deepfake. They're all too dedicated to the lie of Donald Trump. It satisfies an emotional and psychological need they have, and it's too hard for them to let that go.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2024 12:10 PM

As others have aptly noted, if you support Dump after January 11th, you're ride or die at this point, though I think in many cases, MAGA types hate Dems more than they necessarily love Dump. I have some MAGA co-workers (evangelicals, of course) who go on & on about how they HATE dems, without any (apparent) awareness that those very people are sitting across the table from them. I think the best you can hope for is that these people feel so disillusioned that they don't vote - though they'll probably shoot up a Walmart in despair because they think their little white world is crumbling.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2024 12:16 PM

Honestly, he could be dead and they’d still vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2024 12:17 PM

His base doesn't care what he does. He's speaking their language.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2024 12:19 PM

R29 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2024 12:19 PM

Probably is dead and this is just a lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2024 12:32 PM

Nothing. He has replaced Jesus for them. He is their new God who gives them permission to hate and be as cruel as they want, but pretend they are just and "saved", regardless.

There is nothing that will cause them to let that feeling of freedom go: the freedom to act on their base instincts towards those they hate and covet with no earthly (as of yet) or Heavenly repurcussions.

Those are the true "FREEDOMS" to which they nebulously refer.

So, don't depend on them waking up, ever. Your friends and family who are MAGA will never be who they used to be. This is who they are now. After he is gone, they will always be those people.

We have a little less than two weeks. Voting is happening now. Everything regular people can do anything to help with will be *over* by the end of the day on Tuesday, November 5. Make sure you can say that you did your part to fight against Trump, what he's done, and what he wants to do to America. Work hard and leave no regrets.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2024 12:33 PM

Don't worry about the cultists. They are statistically incapable of electing him iIF IIF AND ONLY IF sane people vote and quit worrying about the nut jobs that still support dump

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2024 12:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!