Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patek Philippe launches the ugly and wildly overpriced Cubitus collection.

With a skin-crawling Patrick Bateman adjacent ad that was quickly mocked.

Here's the OG Ad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 7:59 PM

Here's the parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 6:03 PM

More people buy Apple Watches than all the other types of watches combined. Before the Apple Watch, the new generations weren't buying watches at all.

I feel watches are going the way of car GPS systems.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 6:24 PM

R2 normal folks. Rich folks are buying luxury watches, my friend:

The Global Luxury Watch Market size was valued at around USD 44.2 billion in 2023 and is projected to reach around USD 63.2 billion by 2030. Along with this, the market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of around 5.24% during the forecast period, i.e., 2024-30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 6:55 PM

What a revoltingly cheesy ad. No doubt it will sell to a revoltingly cheesy market, with money, who fancy themselves masters of the universe and fret about their legacies.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 7:07 PM

I loved him in Cruel Intentions!

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 7:23 PM

R4 I'm glad it's not me. The ad is SO BAD. Is that their market? This Cubitus collection is an "entry" product for people who don't have 150K for a Nautilus. But these start at 35K, I think and go up to 100K, so they aren't giving them away.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!