Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Crowd Absolutely Loses It As Obama Raps After Eminem Introduces Him In Detroit

Former President Barack Obama was front and center at Tuesday’s campaign rally for Vice President Kamala Harris in Detroit but was admittedly nervous to follow hometown hero Eminem — who introduced Obama and even inspired him to rap his biggest hit.

“I gotta say, I have done a lot of rallies, so I don’t usually get nervous, but I was feeling some kind of way following Eminem,” the former president said at the lectern before segueing into Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” and enthusiastically personalizing the song’s opening lines.

“I notice my palms are sweaty,” Obama started to audible recognition. “Knees weak, arms are heavy. Vomit on my sweater already, mom’s spaghetti. I’m nervous, but on the surface I look calm and ready to drop bombs, but I keep on forgetting!”

The former president laughingly waved off the cheering crowd before sheepishly pretending to walk away from the lectern, but returned to complete his duties in campaigning for Harris, who is neck and neck with GOP nominee Donald Trump in polls in the battleground state.

Eminem has released multiple takedowns of Trump, including a 2016 track that called him a “fucking loose cannon,” another rap in 2017, and mentions in his 2018 album “Kamikaze.”

For Eminem, whose self-titled 2000 effort “The Marshall Mathers LP” catapulted him into superstardom, nothing could be more important than stopping Trump for a second time — as he noted in his brief introduction Tuesday after urging people to “get out and vote.”

“I think it’s important to use your voice,” he said. “I also think that people shouldn’t be afraid to express their opinions, and I don’t think anyone wants an America where people are worried about retribution, or what people will do if you make your opinion known.”

Trump has recently proposed that the military should handle “radical left lunatics” and whomever he considers an “enemy from within” in case of civil unrest following November’s election.

“I think Vice President Harris supports a future for this country where these freedoms and many others will be protected and upheld,” Eminem said Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2024 7:14 AM

Hilarious.

I'm not much for rap, but he was pretty good.

And at least he's getting younger voters excited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 2:31 PM

Charisma and star quality for days, weeks, years. Obama's vast talents (beyond rap) seem underused. Then I think of someone old stupid and ugly swaying to music, not feeling the need to do anything else for his mystified captive audience. The disjunct is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 3:30 PM

Has Michelle been campaigning much?

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 3:42 PM

Eminem, the same guy who has been a misogynist and homophobe? I thought Dems were opposed to such people?

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 4:04 PM

R4 Eminem sent Elton John diamond-encrusted cockrings for his wedding.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 5:55 PM

Eminem grew the fuck up. He's been an ally for decades now.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 5:58 PM

Eminem is someone who actually progressed and he even spoofed his homophobic image in The Interview.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2024 6:00 PM

"Eminem, the same guy who has been a misogynist and homophobe?"

Along with xenophobia and racism, misogynism and homophobia are pretty much the province of the Republicans, Trumpsters, MAGAts and other assorted miscreants. And let's not forget their fake patriotism and fake Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2024 6:09 PM

Eminem has a loving non-binary daughter.

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2024 1:40 AM

I got a blast of good feeling, watching that and remembering how much I trusted and respected our president when Obama held the office. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2024 2:06 AM

I wish these bozos would knock off their rapping, ego boosting, grandstanding &

educate folks on the Project 2025 agenda that had in one poll 4% approval rating.

As others have said, this race shouldn't be this close with a 4% agenda in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2024 4:43 AM

God, Obama is still too fucking cool for school.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2024 5:47 AM

Not to be outdone, Hillary Clinton will perform “Bounce Your Boobies”.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2024 6:25 AM

The real show stopper will be when Trump beats off to Sam and Dave's "Hold On, I'm Coming" and jizzes all over Melania's nude titties.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2024 6:39 AM

[quote]The real show stopper will be when Trump beats off to Sam and Dave's "Hold On, I'm Coming" and jizzes all over Melania's nude titties.

NYT: How Trump's youthful vigour and marital bond will see him surge in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2024 6:59 AM

Will Kamala be performing a selection of negro spirituals a la Mahalia Jackson at her next rally? If so, I would like for her to perform the funeral song from Imitation of Life while Sarah Jane throws herself at the podium.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2024 7:01 AM

He should have just stood there and awkwardly swayed to Paw Paws Pussy Grabbers mix

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2024 7:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!