Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

☘️Irish voters 'flying to US' to help Kamala Harris take victory from Donald Trump

[quote]Participation among Irish voters in the US is on the rise. The latest census data from Ireland suggests that between 25,000 and 35,000 people in Ireland are eligible to vote in this election cycle.

[quote]The seemingly glowing rapport between the Irish government and the Democratic party has been bolstered by Democrats Abroad Ireland who claim the change of ticket to Harris-Walz in July – which saw a massive 650% surge in voter registration requests – is now seeing people jet across the pond to do their bit. "They want to knock on doors, canvas or phone people up. This is Irish people and Irish Americans who are looking to volunteer. It's really been an explosion of interest and energy that I've never seen before and it's very welcome."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2024 5:51 AM

"Irish voters" is highly misleading. It's Americans living abroad, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 4:56 AM

r1 has obviously never heard of a dual nationality. You can be both Irish and American.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 4:59 AM

[quote]"Irish voters" is highly misleading. It's Americans living abroad, ffs.

Agree, r1. It was unnecessarily deceptive to state only their other nationality when referring to an American voter who happens to have dual citizenship, when in this context it's only the American citizenship that has any bearing.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 5:12 AM

Only Russian citizens are supposed to help with the elections, and only when they vote the way I do.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 5:14 AM

The way The Irish Star phrased "to take victory from Donald Trump" implies that the Democrats plan to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 5:20 AM

How do you keep them off the booze long enough to vote?

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 5:25 AM

The fuck the Irish Mail

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2024 5:26 AM

Then*

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2024 5:26 AM

OP, my story about people with dual citizenships:

Walked into Joe Allen on Election Day in 2008.

I saw the late, great Madeleine Sherwood at a table with Bob Fitch, the original “Rooster” in Annie.

Meanwhile, Madeleine played the Mother Superior in “The Flying Nun,” and was in numerous Bway plays and the movie of “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”.

I asked what she was doing in NYC, as I knew she was born Canadian, but had moved back to be with family. She must have been in her mid 80s at that point (born in 1922).

She said, “Oh! My dear! I simply HAD to fly down to cast my vote for Barack… I actually spent more time in the US than I did in Canada, and around the time I did a play on Broadway called “The Crucible”, I witnessed the cruelty of the McCarthy Era, and I was afraid that kind of nightmare could happen again…”

And this is where it got good.

“Oh. By the way… I was the evil girl who made the accusations in it… this is not well know, but I replaced Cloris Leachman out of town, because Cloris needed to be liked back then… You know she replaced Mary Martin in ‘South Pacific’, so she thought she was an ingenue… my dear… INGENUE?!?! Well, she sure embraced her bitchy side later on, didn’t she?!”

And then she whinnied like Frau Blücher. And off she went. One of my favorite memories ever.

She poured the TEA!

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2024 5:30 AM

We hope it's like 2008 r9. Great story.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2024 5:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!