Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fernando Valenzuela dead at 63

A legend. I'm sad.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2024 11:40 AM

Was he your gardener, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 4:21 AM

You would know who he was if you were a Southern Californian lesbian of a certain age, r1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 4:23 AM

R2 - Hi Donna! Loved you in Knots Landing!

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 4:25 AM

Fuck off, R1 -- and shout-out to my fellow Southern-Californian lesbian of a certain age at R2! Fernando really was a legend. I have an 8x10 of him that my father had in his office (looking up to the sky mid-windup). It's not autographed or anything....my dad just had it because he (and we) loved him so much. I think you had to have lived through Fernandomania to really appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 6:04 AM

So young.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 6:09 AM

News sources are not giving a clue as to why he died, only that he had been ill for a while.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2024 9:21 AM

Yet, Manny Mota goes on.

Do they still play this song every time the Dodgers win?

RIP Fernando.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2024 11:27 AM

I remember hearing his name alot years ago when my.dad and husband would be watching baseball. I'm really sorry to hear that. R.I.P. 🙏

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2024 11:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!