Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If Trump wins America is lost

I was watching Don Lemon interview Trump supporters today and they are absolutely the worst sort of people one could imagine. They are selfish, ignorant, racist, sexist and incredibly stupid.

If Trump wins America is done for. I just don’t think it will recover. Especially with the immunity granted to Trump by the Supreme Court.

I feel sick. The Harris/Walz ticket is fantastic. It is my faith in Americans and the EC that is sorely lacking.

How can so many people be so utterly moronic?

It burns…

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2024 3:40 AM

And what are you doing to help the situation? Besides posting on DL?

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 4:04 AM

[quote]I was watching Don Lemon interview Trump supporters today and they are absolutely the worst sort of people one could imagine. They are selfish, ignorant, racist, sexist and incredibly stupid.

I never imagined so many Americans were like this. And you'll still get posters here using "Eastern European" as a pejorative when half of their countrymen are fucking rotten to the core and more fascist than anything you'll find in most of modern Eastern Europe today.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 4:05 AM

If Trump wins, the world as we know it is is over. The Fascists' dominoes will all fall into place. Steve Bannon will have his global dominion.

Expect major global die-off in 10-15 years and the cessation of current civilization in about 30.

What will linger will be nasty, brutish and short for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 4:07 AM

I am phonebanking R1 and I get your point. Action is obviously important and I am doing that - I just hate that my country is full of so many truly vile people.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 4:10 AM

Tell us something we didn't already know, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 4:11 AM

I still think that most signs are pointing to a Harris win, and it won't be close.

What these psychotic inbred fuckwits do after that win is anybody's guess.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 4:14 AM

R6, what are these 'signs' you are seeing? And especially your 'signs' that it won't be close? And it can't just be your thoughts and hopes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2024 4:19 AM

30 years ago we were talking about the dumbing down of America.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2024 4:34 AM

[quote][R6], what are these 'signs' you are seeing?

Extremely high turnout for early voting in Democratic districts in red states.

The dependence of the media on polling data from Peter Thiel's boyfriend Nate Silver.

Several open admissions by the Trumpistas that they pay to flood the news media with heavily massaged polls.

The fact that all election polls rely on data from people who answer unknown numbers from their landlines. (i.e., nobody under 50)

Every single US special election in the last two years has had both candidates tied until election day, when the Dem candidate wins by 12 points.

Polling is broken, all too easily manipulated, and massaged to push your particular candidate.

Donald has drawn precisely zero independent voters in the past year. Zip, zero, none. His percentage of support has a hard ceiling on it.

Kamala has been reaching out to a large coalition of people, former Republicans, independents, in addition to the rest of us.

Too many people buy into the false Trumpy belief that bombast and noise = votes.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2024 4:36 AM

Thanks R9. I will be volunteering my ass off for Harris/Walz and hoping for the best.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2024 4:39 AM

It’s really bad, I agree. We are approaching a near-perfect storm and the intractable, irreversible problem is that too many damn people in this country actually want it to happen.

If we do win, there is going to be violence. When that comes, I’m fucking fighting.

Fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2024 4:47 AM

I think r9 is taking a walk down the primrose path.

Democrats have a hugely steep uphill battle when they run for president due to the agitprop belched out of rightwing media like Fox News. Harris/Walz is doing a great job but they are so handicapped from the start by not having agitprop being spread in their favor, my fear is that it won’t be enough.

The problem for us is, we lose even if we win, and they win even if they lose. If we win, just imagine the shitstorm from these millions of brainwashed rightwingers. They will discredit the election results and there may even be violence again.

If they lose, they are in opposition trolling as usual. They love that. In fact when Trump won in 2016 they seemed faintly disoriented for a while, no longer being able to troll the government.

Things are not looking good for the USA. All that said, I’ve donated a ton of money to get out the vote efforts, which provide us our best chance of winning. Here’s the best one you can still donate to:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2024 4:47 AM

R11 me too. I am willing to die for this country. And I mean it. Though I know he will not win.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2024 4:59 AM

America is already lost.

These people are here ... and account for a large percentage of the population.

You can't put that genie back in the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2024 5:12 AM

Half the country wants to be Minnesota and half of it wants to be Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2024 5:24 AM

[quote] I still think that most signs are pointing to a Harris win, and it won't be close.

I foresee a Trump victory blowout that will be called early. It’s disgusting but the country is in full-blown cult mode. On top of that, Republicans will probably take Congress or at least the Senate, which will be a disaster. What’s tragic is I don’t know what other Democratic candidate would have been better. Trump is the worst or the worst. Even though Kamala is a black female liberal from California, I don’t see a white male on the Democratic side doing better. My faith is the electorate has been in the trash for years now. I don’t trust them. The problem isn’t America, it’s Americans and the culture of the population. We reward stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 5:30 AM

We basically prop of fat undereducated people who live in economically marginal areas who feel their existence is divine right.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2024 5:42 AM

Prop up* otherwise they go in a piano case

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2024 5:42 AM

R3, please relax. You survived four years of Trump as President and you’ll survive 4 more(God forbid,} Move to a blue state if you don’t already live In one.

Trump while a fascist is not Hitler and civilization isn’t dying in 30:years. Trust me neither you nor the MAGA crowd is going to kill or be killed over a clown like Trump. A Trump win would be a nightmare but nothing so horrible most people wouldn’t survive handily.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2024 5:51 AM

Nope r16 if Dumo had a chance in hell. Jared and Ivanka would be heavily involved and ready to cash in, again.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2024 5:52 AM

Ignorant and Proud of It has always been a thread in the US, but so little has been expected of Americans for so long that it has grown from significant to more than half the population. Being ignorant and, increasingly over decades, mean spirited and defensive about one's ignorance has taken on a sort of redneck pride.

The percentage of adults millionaires is 8.5%. Impressive but not enough to cause too much mischief on their own, but too many of them --along with wannabe millionaires-- are easily manipulated when the time is right because,bell because they are fucking ignorant and proud of it.

Add in a good number of the 51% of American men who have a gun in their house, or the large percent who have been trained to see every immigrant as taking something the government or an employer would otherwise have given to them and the ugliness of stupid starts to come into focus.

It's a mob of fucking stupid, ugly people, easily provoked on an emotional level because they lack the intellect to process information.

The US is already lost. Look at the Supreme Court. Look at all the ugliness in motion at national, state, local government levels that might at best be checked a little by a Harris win. The numbers of idiots and the progress and bent if their trajectory will not be undone or even much checked by a victory of reason in November - if that should happen. Too much has already been lost and too many on a lifelong trajectory of Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2024 5:54 AM

[quote]If Trump wins America is lost

No shit, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2024 5:54 AM

Why won’t they just do the work?

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2024 6:08 AM

There will also be violence if we lose. But on a much bigger scale, which is why we must win. Most Americans deserve to be slaves in a third world country but we don't, and we won't let them take our country without a fight.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2024 6:16 AM

It would the South finally winning the Civil War and of course learning that 175 years later, the CSA was still a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2024 6:19 AM

Since most Americans deserve to be slaves won’t we be outnumbered in our fight? Also won’t they have guns and know how to use them? Will you be leading the fight from your bunker? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2024 6:33 AM

Most Americans do not have guns, and they are dumb so they could not organize anything.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2024 12:38 PM

The ignorance and cruelty of such a large part of the population has frightened me for years. I personally have stamped postcards, canvassed neighborhoods and yesterday took an 87 year old neighbor to vote for the first time using a machine. The line to vote was out the door of the building, which I try to see as a good sign. However, I fear they will somehow sabotage the voting machines, which I believe they did in 2016. The election will then end up with the Supreme Court, and we know how that goes.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2024 12:49 PM

[quote] You survived four years of Trump as President and you’ll survive 4 more

This, to me, is the primrose path. You may survive it, but what will it be like? What will be left to deal with?

We will have an unintelligent, petty, emotional man who may or may not be in cognitive decline and wants to be an authoritarian, enabled now by a Supreme Court that has effectively removed all restraints on him, and staffed by the kind of people willing to work for the kind of person he is - and not by anybody who, like last time, will in their own limited Republican way try to limit the damage.

From WaPo yesterday... three non-partisan economists examined what would happen if he undertakes his mass deportations, imposes tarriffs and messes with Federal Reserve independence:

"For everyday Americans, reality would become a nightmare: Trump’s plan would shrink the nation’s gross domestic product by $8 trillion over a second presidency, in today’s money. That is more than a quarter of the nation’s economic output in 2024. At the end of that term, prices would be about 25 percent higher. Employment would tank. The dollar would sink."

You might think well that will teach them a lesson - and it will - but it will be taught in a depression. Who escapes that unscathed?

Then there's foreign policy.

What of NATO? What if pulls out? Where does that leave American interests? What of Ukraine? What does Putin get? What if China moves on Taiwan and he, promising no wars, then does what? Admires the show of strength? That's the likely to happen stuff. There is no reason to think he won't shatter the national and world order. There is no reason to think worse but smarter people like him won't take gross advantage of his presidency to fashion the kind of America they want.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2024 1:57 PM

I'm glad I'm old and don't have any children, nieces or nephews.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2024 3:53 PM

If Trump wins, Vance and his backers will 25th amendment Trump out of office within weeks of being sworn in. They will implement Project 2025 and that will be deadly for so many of us in so many ways. This is a make or break election and the dominoes will absolutely fall as another poster noted. It will be the end of western democracy as we know it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2024 4:26 PM

Maybe if the American population was mot convinced they are the greatest country in the world and completely ignorant of the rest of the world the situation might be different? Large swaths of your population are dangerously ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2024 4:30 PM

[quote] If Trump wins, Vance and his backers will 25th amendment Trump out of office within weeks of being sworn in.

No they won’t.

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2024 4:52 PM

R33, which shithole country do you come from? This oughta be a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2024 4:52 PM

the US has always had a VERY isolationist bent, the twentieth century being the exception. as tragic as the consequences will be, that will be the likeliest outcome, a more and more isolated US

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2024 4:54 PM

R35, which means less getting involved in other country’s affairs. The world welcomes it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2024 4:58 PM

[quote]the US has always had a VERY isolationist bent, the twentieth century being the exception.

The exception, by my count, is a large one: 40% or 42% of the history of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2024 5:05 PM

Yes, R33, they will. For one, Trump truly is entering the later stages of dementia and can barely hold it together in public appearances as it is. Secondly, the money is all behind Vance. The plan has always been to use Trump's rabid fanbase to get one of their people in the White House. Once they're in, Trump's base won't matter. The Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society have already taken over the Supreme Court and endowed the President with unlimited powers. They intend to install a Christian Dominion dictatorship.

Trump is just an egomaniacal sociopath looking for attention. Vance is a true believer. We are screwed if Trump is elected.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2024 5:14 PM

America is really already lost, as someone said above. How can you have fifty percent of your population be these dangerous feral imbeciles?

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2024 5:18 PM

If some of you want to call for legislation to limit the right to vote, have at it. Start a pressure group! What would that bill look like? Whose voting rights would you take away? People who have haircuts you consider unfashionable? People who like country music? How about education level? Sorry, not going to happen. People you don't want to hang out have votes.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2024 5:43 PM

R40. Which posts propose taking away the right to vote?

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2024 5:57 PM

Apart from her race and gender, what is there no criticize about Kamala?

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2024 6:07 PM

White trash is flexing its muscle. "Don't you try to take away my supremacy!!!"

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2024 6:17 PM

[quote] You survived four years of Trump as President and you’ll survive 4 more(God forbid,} Move to a blue state if you don’t already live In one.

He was somewhat restrained in his first administration. He didn’t think he would win and didn’t really want the job. The things he is saying now are really frightening. Will he be like Hitler? That is hyperbolic, but could we see greater prosecution and persecution of his political enemies? That’s not far-fetched. Could he seriously damage the economy by making the Federal Reserve more subject to political force? Absolutely. He is announcing publicly that he wants to do any number of horrible things.

And most of the damage he could do won’t be avoidable by moving to a different state.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2024 12:13 AM

The channeler Bashar's quote said it all- He was channeling up in Canada -

"If it's the woman there will be open contact, if it's the man it will be the end of the United States and World War III.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2024 1:38 AM

[quote]Whose voting rights would you take away? People who have haircuts you consider unfashionable? People who like country music?

Or, fuck, I dunno. How about dumping the slavery-era electoral college and shifting to a national popular vote?

Do it like every other democracy. Nobody gets a popular vote above 50% the top candidates go to a runoff election.

Elect the candidate all Americans want rather than 40,000 white voters in bumfuck Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2024 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!