Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN’s Erin Burnett Apologizes for Saying ‘F*cking Mexican’ On Air While Reading Alleged Trump Quote

CNN’s Erin Burnett apologized to viewers Tuesday night while reading part of a report from The Atlantic in which it was claimed former President Donald Trump complained about picking up the cost for a deceased soldier’s funeral and referred to her as “a fucking Mexican.”

On Tuesday’s edition of OutFront, Burnett discussed at length a new piece from The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg. Goldberg claimed to have spoken with sources who said Trump questioned why his generals could not be loyal to him in the way Hitler’s were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2024 9:19 PM

I caught a few minutes of "Deadline: White House" on MSNBC earlier and Nicole Wallace said her producer didn't want her to read that quote (which she read anyway).

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 2:09 AM

Ana Navarro also said "fucking Mexican' in a segment on Anderson Cooper's show. She wasn't bleeped.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 2:09 AM

Is Erin going to Dubai!?

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 2:12 AM

This is garbage. Exact quotes from political candidates should be quoted verbatim. Every single word should be reported as said.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 2:12 AM

And Ana said it fierce. She could double as a nail gun.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 2:13 AM

Ana on AC 360

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 2:14 AM

Don't shoot the messenger!

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2024 2:15 AM

Erin, no apology necessary.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2024 2:16 AM

MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace shamelessly read the “fucking” article, explaining that the Atlantic piece was too newsworthy to play cutesy poo games with. However, her bald, military guest said that it was unprincipled to repeat in front of the little league team he was coaching while part of her panel.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2024 2:19 AM

[quote] This is garbage. Exact quotes from political candidates should be quoted verbatim. Every single word should be reported as said.

This was basically Nicolle’s reasoning behind her uncensored moment.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2024 2:20 AM

Nicole dropping the f bomb

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2024 2:25 AM

Erin seemed hesitant as she said fucking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2024 2:30 AM

[quote] Erin seemed hesitant as she said fucking.

Unlike when she's actually fucking!

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2024 2:34 AM

I’d be more outraged that a former President of the United States not only said this, but stiffed a soldier’s family on funeral costs he promised to pay for.

But that’s just me.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2024 2:54 AM

The golf course is free

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2024 3:03 AM

Even worse R14, the victim's sister said she voted FOR Trump. This man said that shit about your sister and family and you'd still vote for him. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 3:06 AM

$60,000?!?

For that amount The Pussygrabber could have dug up and re-buried Ivana 600 times!!!

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2024 3:07 AM

On Kaitlan Collins' show a clip of Trump meeting with Vanessa Guillen's family was played. Trump mentions paying for her funeral and someone ( sound like a male probably the dad) said they thought the military was going to cover the costs. My take is Trump agreed to cover the costs thinking it was going to be around the common 8 to 12k price range that is common for funerals. He probably figured 8 to 12k range funeral would be an ok price to appear to be "sympathetic" to a young murdered veteran's family. Somehow the funeral expense ballooned to 60k and Trump wasn't fucking having it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2024 3:12 AM

[quote]the victim's sister said she voted FOR Trump. This man said that shit about your sister and family and you'd still vote for him. Awful.

It's a cult! They'll still be singing Trump's praises as they're being shovelled into the ovens or forcibly deported.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2024 3:16 AM

Yeah… I read that too r19, after going down the X-hole at Nicolle’s comments. It’s remarkable she makes the argument about her right to vote for whatever piece of shit she wants versus please don’t disrespect her sister’s death.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2024 3:25 AM

The sister and other dipshits voting for Trump are pretty much ignoring the J6 events, the election denialism, and other awful shit Trump has done. The sister is proving that she doesn't give a shit about Brian Sicknick and the LEOs who were injured on J6. J6 is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2024 3:39 AM

This is as stupid as when people say “the N word”. We’re all adults. Read the quote.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2024 3:41 AM

Why would any of the backlash be at any of the people reporting it and not you know the dick head who said it. What a f***** up country this is and there's probably really no hope as long as people are stupid enough to follow supposed leaders like that piece of s***. There isn't it a hell painful enough for these dumb m************.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2024 3:42 AM

I wish they just opened fire on the j6 crowd and made a few hundred if not thousands more Ashley babitts.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2024 3:43 AM

I love Erin more for saying it.

R3 - She was in Israel recently.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2024 3:56 AM

Is media guilty of 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'? Profane reporting on unconfirmed Trump sparks controversy.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2024 4:08 AM

r26 i forgot to type the word rumors. oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2024 4:09 AM

R26 is Dougjballoon

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2024 4:14 AM

I had a supervisor who was a Repug and liked W. But she said she would never hire a combat veteran because they might go postal at work.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2024 4:45 AM

Oh Erin. You're such a piece of work. It's such a pity you're so damn physically attractive.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2024 4:47 AM

Is this the same guy who stole top secret documents from the White House and stored them in a toilet room in Mar a Lago??

Or the same guy we just learned accepted a 10 million dollar bribe from Egypt??

Can't be

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2024 5:46 AM

[quote] I love Erin more for saying it.

I do too.

This is a direct quote from a man who was a former President of the United States.

If he can say it, then the media should be able to repeat it.

Why are they trying to protect this fucking asshole Trump?

EXPOSE HIM for the vile pig that he is.

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2024 6:01 AM

MSNBC's Chris Hayes said "effing."

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2024 6:06 AM

Kaitlan Collins also said "effing". I'm wondering if CNN quickly advised her to say fucking because of Erin and Ana Navarro saying it in the previous programs.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2024 6:09 AM

Erin Is brasher than Kaitlan

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2024 6:31 AM

This is all over my socials right now, and I only do light political content.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2024 6:51 AM

No r31, this is the man who had multiple contacts with foreign leaders, conducting US foreign affairs after he was out of office. He also had multiple COVID test machines sent for Putin’s own personal use at the height of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2024 10:06 AM

There's an immigrant family in my neighborhood whose front yard has a big-ass Trump/Vance AND Ted Cruz sign it. Along with six cars in the driveway and enough junk in the yard to have a sale--not to mention the house looks like crap and kids are running around it all day.

You gotta love Texas.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2024 11:00 AM

[quote]Ana Navarro also said "fucking Mexican' in a segment on Anderson Cooper's show.

Yeah, she didn't hold back:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2024 11:53 AM

Goddamn, that Ana Navarro was on FIRE!

She is so clear, succinct, and just gets to the fucking point.

I absolutely loved what she had to say about John Kelly and Donald Trump in the Twitter clip at R39.

The clip was only 2+ minutes long, but boy did she say a lot in that short amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2024 1:33 PM

Ana is great. They should use her more.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2024 4:27 PM

[quote]There's an immigrant family in my neighborhood whose front yard has a big-ass Trump/Vance AND Ted Cruz sign it. Along with six cars in the driveway and enough junk in the yard to have a sale--not to mention the house looks like crap and kids are running around it all day. You gotta love Texas.

What I see homes with outrageous Trump displays, I remind myself that "The overabundance of right-wing extremist nuts we see in Texas is not reflective of the nation as a whole."

They've pumped up the crazy on Nextdoor and other social media, too.. Some of the gems I've read this week include, "I'm happily casting my vote for the felon and hillbilly," "Trump is the only candidate that can be trusted,""Kamala is a Kommie," and "They're rigging it again, just like they did in 2020." It's unbelievable how one man's delusion has effectively brainwashed so many people. True cult-like behavior.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2024 9:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!