Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oscar Isaac. Carey Mulligan. BEEF Season 2's cast revealed

We've definitely got no issues with these actors.

Netflix revealed Oct. 22 that Beef will be returning for a second season. And in the next installment of the anthology series, Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, Charles Melton and Cailee Spaeny will find themselves at odds.

As for how the feud unravels? Well Netflix shared in its press release that season two follows a young couple who witness "an alarming fight between their boss and his wife, triggering chess moves of favors and coercion in the elitist world of a country club and its Korean billionaire owner." As of now, there are no further details—including when fans can sit down to watch.

The show's creator and showrunner Lee Sung Jin shared his excitement about the new season, posting to his Instagram Story Oct. 22 and writing, "Here we go again."

And fans were equally thrilled about the news, with one commenting on Netflix's Instagram announcement, "I speak for everyone when I say we will be seated."

Season one of Beef starred Steven Yeun and Ali Wong—who are both staying on as executive producers for the show—as strangers who nearly get into a car accident that sparks an intense feeling of road rage, and quickly escalates into finding new ways to destroy each other's lives. The show won eight Emmy Awards including Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series, as well as Lead Actor and Lead Actress statues for Steven and Ali, respectively.

According to creator Lee, the show was inspired by his own experience with a road rage incident in the spring of 2019 when a driver behind him lay on his horn after Lee didn't move fast enough when the light turned green.

Lee recalled that the driver pulled up alongside him and "said a bunch of shit," he told Rolling Stone in 2023, "and zoomed away."

"I was like, 'You know what? That's not OK to do to someone. I'm going to follow you home,'" he explained, noting that he "didn't really have a plan."

Lee followed the other car down the freeway before pulling up next to him, giving him a two-fingered "I'm watching you" gesture and driving away. And in some ways the show has been cathartic, as he joked, "I honestly haven't had road rage since I started developing this show."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 3:11 PM

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2024 10:51 AM

Perhaps this time the beef will be believable.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2024 10:52 AM

Nice for them they managed to find some people who can actually act for this one.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2024 10:56 AM

Steven Yuen was terrific is season one, even if the show overall didn’t work for me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2024 2:46 PM

I didn’t make it to Episode 2 last series, it was so contrived.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2024 3:00 PM

Agreed. It was like, how are these two people so instantly obsessed with hurting each other?

I know many of us are susceptible to rage at times, but the depth of it seemed way out of proportion, especially rage that goes well beyond the initial event. That requires a catalyzing event well beyond a traffic thing.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2024 3:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!