Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING NEWS: Large Texas county ALREADY claiming voting-tabulation errors!

Posted this afternoon by officials in Tarrant County, where Fort Worth is located. 😳

"On the first day of Early Voting, Tarrant County had more than 58,000 ballots cast in the General Election. In one reported instance, a voter reviewed their printed ballot and found it did not correctly reflect his choice for President. The original ballot was spoiled, and the voter re-marked a new ballot with his preferred choice reflected ... These matters have been reported to the Texas Secretary of State's Office."

OTOH: "Tarrant County Elections has no reason to believe that votes are being switched by the voting system." Full letter at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 10:37 PM

Tarrant County is the ONLY large Texas county that flipped from voting for Trump in 2016 to Biden in 2020. I REALLY hope there isn't some sort of fuckery going on, but I was specifically checking on it BECAUSE it's such an obvious target for election interference, for this reason alone.

Trump's all but certain to win either way, but Colin Allred needs all the votes he can get!

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 8:32 PM

That said, 1 vote recorded incorrectly out of 58,000 cast doesn't mean fuckery. Keep an eye on them, sure, but if they find 100 votes were wrong, that's a different story.

Still, for a county to mess up the names of candidates for lower offices on the ballot. is pretty incredible.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 8:35 PM

R2, I know one vote isn't a big deal. I'm more concerned that it'll give other voters ideas about "challenging" ballots for bullshit reasons. (And not just in Texas.)

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 8:43 PM

The elected official in charge of Harris County voter registration reportedly hasn't been to her office since 2020.

The state should probably look into this,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 10:15 PM

I triple checked my voting screen as well as my printed ballot yesterday, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 10:18 PM

His ballot reflected a wrong vote BECAUSE HE SELECTED THE WRONG CANDIDATE, most likely on purpose. Has anyone discovered if this was a MAGAT or a democratic voter? If it was a MAGAT I can guarantee you it was done on purpose, for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 10:23 PM

Tag. You're "It," Florida.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 10:28 PM

MTG started this crap about ballots flipping names last week. Already proven wrong. She had no evidence just some shit posting on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 10:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!