Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jacob Elordi visits coffee shop barefoot

You would think he would at least carry around a pair of flip flops in his purse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2024 1:58 PM

Not unusual if it's next to a beach. Seen that lots of times.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 7:40 PM

Typical Americans, in other countries (and continents) business. It’s very normal to walk around barefoot in Australia. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 7:44 PM

Given that Australia has an incredible number of venomous spiders and snakes it would seem like the one place where you would not want to be barefoot all the time.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 7:53 PM

I might go barefoot at a beach or in my back yard, but outside of that I'm wearing some sort of footwear. Even of you are walking in sandals in the city your feet are completely exposed to filth. Then you go home and without thinking you go to bed with unwashed feet.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 7:59 PM

Yes, I've never been to Australia, but I have heard on more than one occasion that people walk around barefoot all the time.

I'd really hate to be a pedicurist in that country. The soles of people's feet are probably thick and leathery/difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 8:02 PM

That’s vile and disgusting! Anyone have any up close pics of those dirty nasty feets?

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 8:08 PM

Perhaps it’s customary for hosts to wash their guests feet 👣 in Australia as was done in ancient Biblical times.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 8:11 PM

That’s common in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 8:17 PM

Even AS an American I think this is absurd. Americans are BIZARRELY prissy & puritanical about certain topics, this one included. (But also the fact that, even today, you still can't say "shit" - let alone anything worse - or show any real nudity on network TV.)

It's a coffeehouse with concrete floors. Jacob's feet are likely less gross than the bottom of other people's shoes, particularly if he's at the beach and went into the water.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 8:21 PM

It’s unlikely he is literally on the beach given the busy street in the background and his heavy attire.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 8:57 PM

How very provincial OP. You really should get out more.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2024 2:06 AM

Trash.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2024 2:14 AM

Even redneck trash Deplorables in the deepest of red states have the decency to wear flip-flops.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2024 2:15 AM

Those of us Downunder always walk around barefoot. Grocery shopping, chemist, fruit and vegetable shop, fish and chip shop. I personally hate shoes, always have. Even better now we're going into summer. Life is grand.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2024 2:45 AM

He’s in Byron Bay which, given the name, comes with beaches. It’s also rich hippy ground zero Australia - plenty of pics out there of various Hemsworths going barefoot. Its also cultural - we pretend to be egalitarian here and as the saying goes, the beach is a great leveler. So going barefoot isn’t a sign of anything other than having a relaxed time on the coast.

If you want Hamptons-style glamour then there’s always Palm Beach in Sydney or Sorrento in Melbourne or Noosa near Brisbane - something for everyone! Espradilles a plenty!

He’s likely wearing a hoodie to try and go incognito and also stay warm - it’s Spring here and the mornings are still cool - around 17 in Byron overnight.

And finally he’s doing a public service - there is nothing that the DL maiden aunt brigade enjoys more than piling in on Australia - so that should have made some of you happy as you clutch your pearls and retire to your fainting couches.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2024 3:37 AM

Trash

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 3:39 AM

I totally agree R14 - the only time that barefoot in summer doesn’t work for me is driving as I my car’s a manual and I cannot work the clutch without thongs.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2024 3:40 AM

This will come as a shock to you, R16, but different countries have different customs. Amazing concept, I know!

You wouldn’t cope with Wellington (that’s the capital city of New Zealand, a country in the South West Pacific, which is a big ocean to the left of California) where going barefoot everywhere, summer or winter, city or country, is perfectly normal.

I used to work there a lot and we always had bets on the first sighting of someone barefoot on the drive in from the airport - we often didn’t make it out of the airport car park.

So best to pack your smelling salts if you plan on visiting NZ which won’t ever happen because, international travel.

By the way, Elordi may be trash in your tiny worldview but he’s rich, good looking, tall and talented - I suspect that none of these apply to you.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2024 3:48 AM

What is wrong with you all? Did you not see the ghastly denim culottes?

That is by far the gravest concern here.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2024 3:54 AM

ITA R19 - the jorts are unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2024 4:02 AM

Come back when you’ve repealed the 2nd Amendment before you call anybody else trash, R16.

335 million of you have responsibility for that. A couple of bare feet are relatively harmless.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2024 4:03 AM

Pig.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2024 4:32 AM

That would be a pig who is living a life that you could not even dream of, R22.

I doubt that your viewpoint would bother him too much.

Americans are funny - "prissy" upthread described people like you, perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2024 5:27 AM

i was born in Hawaii and I didn't wear shoes for the first four years of my life. Many of the adults didn't either.

That said, I can't be barefoot as a Californian much of the year. However, I will say that i wear flip flops (yup, tell me I'm white trash, per the other recent white trash thread) most of the year because i need my feet to be open to the air.

Today was the first day I wore closed-toe shoes in over 7 months.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2024 5:33 AM

*for ALL of the year. It's probably 3/4's of the year i'm flip-flopped and the other 1/4 of the year I will be in close-toed or boots .

When you're born on an island and don't wear shoes, old habits die hard.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2024 5:35 AM

R18 They practice open defecation in parts of India and some countries in Africa, doesn’t mean different customs are right!

Walking around barefoot in public is simian. Civilized humans have been wearing shoes for 40,000 years. Protecting the soles of your feet outside is clearly something even cavemen understood.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2024 5:55 AM

R3 And 70 different types of ticks!

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2024 6:01 AM

what boujt firths disesease

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2024 6:28 AM

Some time ago a kind DL er posted his download of They or He went that a way. I only saw it twice , compared to 20 viewings of Saltburn . I’m starting to memorize the movie .

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2024 7:00 AM

This is gross. Cultural custom or not. I hate feet.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2024 7:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2024 7:19 AM

Please repost download of movie

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2024 7:25 AM

[quote]Typical Americans, in other countries (and continents) business. It’s very normal to walk around barefoot in Australia. Look it up.

R2 New Zealand too, maybe even more so, common as R8 says

[quote]Those of us Downunder always walk around barefoot. Grocery shopping, chemist, fruit and vegetable shop, fish and chip shop. I personally hate shoes, always have. Even better now we're going into summer. Life is grand.

R14 same here. Even at work if the uptight manager isnt around

R15 in Auckland you probably wouldnt even clear customs before seeing someone barefoot. Its warm and humid so even less people wear shoes

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2024 7:49 AM

Yum. Would love to see his sweaty feet

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2024 8:08 AM

Damn I meant R18 instead of R15 above. Both good posts tho

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2024 10:24 AM

He looks freakishly tall.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2024 10:40 AM

That could be a video of any tall dude you people are too trusting.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2024 1:40 PM

The barefoot thing would also fail to raise eyebrows at Bondi Beach. The cafes there are across a busy road from the beach too, but people are always wandering over off the beach.

Spiders and snakes don't live on beaches, Americans, nor on the busy roads dividing them from pubs and cafes.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2024 1:51 PM

OP Get back to us when:

Jacob Elordi visits coffee shop bareass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2024 1:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!