Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I've lost 16lbs in 3 months and my will power is flagging

I became determined to lose weight when I ordered some new trousers and they were too tight, so I started exercising more and eating healthily and the weight dropped off.

But now I'm craving donuts, pringles, chocolates, and all the stuff supermarkets are selling for Christmas - panettone, stollen and those gingerbread biscuits.

I'm going to have fruit and yogurt but I want unhealthy food.

How can I stop my cravings? Please don't tell be to visualise Donald Trump eating donuts naked.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 2:26 AM

Ozempic. It will knock those cravings right out.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 7:23 PM

Still eat the bad stuff but smaller portions.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 7:23 PM

Mmmmm......

How about a juicy cheeseburger, French fries, pepperoni pizza, French vanilla ice cream, barbecue potato chips, ranch dip, lasagna, macaroni and cheese, and crispy bacon, op?

Mmmmm......

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 7:32 PM

Everything in moderation. If you don't satisfy the cravings, then your diet won't work. You'll gain all the weight back. Ozempic is great, but doesn't always quiet the food noises.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 7:34 PM

Join Noom for a free trial and see if the support groups help.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 7:48 PM

OP, I decided to change my diet in April, and I believe that I saved my life. I just put together a low impact exercise routine that I do in the morning before going to work. I eliminated weekly visits to the kitchen at the office where I work because that's where the snacks are. No bad sugars throughout the day. Fruit/nuts and water (and a can of Coca Cola Zero) during the day. I find I'm not hungry during the day and dinner is usually a salad and whatever meat I'm craving. Nothing fried. Nothing sugary. One cheat day a week (usually Saturday) and I've lost 30 pounds since and I'm down two sizes.

Every once and awhile, your will power will work your nerves, but I guarantee, after awhile, the cravings will get use to your food intake and (for me, anyway) calm down.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 8:03 PM

If I have a fatty day I just water fast for 24-36 hours the next day to cancel it out. It's easier to do than you'd think.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 8:29 PM

I’m assuming you guys are not eldergays who have lost weight?

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 8:32 PM

Don't give in to the carbs. Keep carbs below 70-80g if you can, 100g if you must. Don't eat white grains or white flour. Whole grains only. Keep fruits to berries, citrus, and melons. Healthy fat and protein is your friend. Drink a TON of water and use sugar free hydrators. Whole grain corn or potatoes with skin in very limited quantity. Eat a LOT of veggies. I try to keep calories between 1300-1500 and less than 80g carbs per day. Carbs = cravings. Sugar = cravings. Get off the hamster wheel of carbs.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 8:39 PM

I do my best to intellectualize it; it's not hunger, your brain wants the dopamine hit that the sweets would provide.

If you're able to remember that then you can ruin the satisfaction you expect from it and it will make it easier in the future.

I know, MARY!, but it's what works for me.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 8:41 PM

[quote] Still eat the bad stuff but smaller portions.

This is exactly the same as advising an alcoholic to drink only a regular shot instead of a double.

Do not fall off the wagon. Do not eat “the bad stuff” at all. If you can’t learn to take pleasure from eating healthy food, you’re never going to succeed. Also, get adequate sleep. Being tired can trigger a sugar hunger as your body tries to get stimulation. If you do get a hankering for sweet, eat a mound of heavily spiced roasted chicken.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 8:55 PM

Thanks all.

I’m not abstaining from unhealthy food completely, I may have a chocolate bar at lunchtime and prepackaged sandwiches but I’m not binging on the rubbish like I could do and I’n exercising more.

But the Halloween donuts with pumpkin icing, they tempted me like Matt Bomer on all 4s whispering ‘just the tip’. And I managed to walk past them.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 9:25 PM

Take it from someone who has kept off 100 pounds over 15 years. It’s not the odd take out that will get you. It’s the coffee with too much sugar, eggs with too much cheese, buying larger bags of chips to “save”. It’s little habits that can be fixed to accommodate the occasional indulgences. When you indulge, do it with shit that’s actually worth it.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 10:23 PM

r11 Horrible advice. Fatty and junk food is okay in moderation. People will never keep the weight off if they eliminate whole food groups. The cave and over do it due to temptation. Keep junk food to a minimum-- but still eat it.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2024 2:01 AM

[quote]Fatty and junk food is okay in moderation.

Smokers should completely give up smoking, alcoholics should totally give up the bottle, but fat people should continue to eat junk food ("in moderation"). Is that the dogma of lifelong fatties, committed to never-ending self-harm?

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2024 2:18 AM

I recommend the Kaye Ballard book “How I Lost 10 Pounds in 53 Years: A Memoir”. It’s very juicy and frankly addresses her sex life in a throuple.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 2:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!