Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Political fundraising is preying on the elderly and wiping out their savings

I wonder how much land in the San Fernando Valley they own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 7:10 PM

In September, I gave money to Harris, my US senator up for reelection, my US Congressional representative, my state representative, and Allred in Texas, Kunce in Missouri and Brown in Ohio.

Since then, I've been inundated with texts and emails to give more, more, more money from all of these clowns. I get at least 100 per day. Why aren't you responding? This is the 11th time we've contacted you. You will rot in hell unless you give more money.

It's completely obnoxious and totally out of hand.

FUCK YOU, assholes. If you spent as much time campaigning as you do begging for money, you wouldn't be behind in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 4:40 PM

I donated to Biden's campaign in 2020. Ever since, during election cycles, I am slammed with political texts, most of them asking for money. One day last week, I received six texts for candidates less than two hours. At which point I replied STOP to every political text message I've received in the past month. And now my phone is much quieter.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 5:03 PM

I’ve been inundated with texts too after having already donated. I’ve been blocking the numbers for the past month as the requests to stop didn’t always work. If I want to donate, I know where to find the right organization online.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 6:00 PM

Never give politicians money. It just encourages them.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 7:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!