Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala is going to Texas

Hmmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2024 4:08 AM

Hmmmm, mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 4:28 PM

I don’t care about Beyoncé, so I’ll stick with this post. I hope Ted Flooz is beaten in the election and we never have to hear from him again, at least until one of his daughters writes a book about what a horrible human being he is.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 4:44 PM

Is it just about Allred?

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 4:46 PM

It is about damn time!

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote] Is it just about Allred?

That would be a waste of time. It’s probably more about using Texas as a prop for the abortion policy since Texas and its law is identified as the worst offender in the anti-abortion enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 5:04 PM

R5, is there some reason Harris can't do both? (stump for Allred and attack Texas's abortion ban)

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 5:09 PM

It's obviously to stump for Allred AND focus attention on the abortion issue AND put on a show of blue strength.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 5:12 PM

If Trump can bring his dumb ass to Madison Square Garden, Harris can go to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 5:15 PM

Go Kamala. Another notch in her lipstick case.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 5:18 PM

She doesn’t need to go to Texas in the last 10 days of the campaign to talk about abortion. Abortion is already a top issue.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote]It's obviously to stump for Allred AND focus attention on the abortion issue AND put on a show of blue strength

AND get some great chili.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 5:23 PM

With no beans!

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 5:34 PM

Kamala in Texas and Tim in Kentucky.

WTF is going on? I mean, I’m not opposed to it, but they have to be seeing something we’re not if they’re spending time in these places.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 6:20 PM

It's reminiscent of when Hillary went to Arizona instead of campaigning in Wisconsin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 6:25 PM

Not doing Rogan is a major blunder on her part.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote]Kamala in Texas and Tim in Kentucky. WTF is going on? I mean, I’m not opposed to it, but they have to be seeing something we’re not if they’re spending time in these places.

I second this. WTF?

I hope they're not seeing that there's no hope, so fuck it, why not.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 6:30 PM

I thought she was in negotiations to go on his show, r15?

Did that fall thru?

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 6:31 PM

Actually, I don’t think it is reminiscent of Hillary’s going to Arizona. Clinton was overconfident and blind to her weakness in the midwest. I doubt Harris is making the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 6:33 PM

Trump is going to Florida!

Florida!

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 6:35 PM

I just don’t want rednecks in trucks messing with the bus.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2024 6:35 PM

NY Times:

Donald Trump will record a podcast interview with Joe Rogan on Friday, according to a campaign official who was not authorized to discuss the plans publicly. Rogan’s podcast has a massive audience of young men, a demographic that Trump’s campaign has been courting on podcasts this year. Two years ago, Rogan described Trump as “an existential threat to democracy” as he explained he had repeatedly declined to have Trump as a guest.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 6:37 PM

It looks like Rogan now knows which side his bread is buttered on.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2024 6:41 PM

She’s going because she is a national candidate, to help Allred, and focus on reproductive rights.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2024 6:43 PM

I don't live in Texas but I contributed to Allred last month.

Since then, I receive incessant, non-stop emails from the Allred campaign requesting more money. It's really pathetic and obnoxious.

I'm surprised he's making the time to speak with Harris. It will cut in on his beg-a-thon time.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2024 7:05 PM

It would be great to see Cruz destroyed. That being said, men may end up giving Trump the election. Democrats have really taken the male vote for granted like the white vote. At a certain point you have to concede that you can’t win elections based on a minority demographic. I also know that it sounds like trolling but it’s the truth - the trans ideology stuff and anti-police stuff has really turned off voters, especially parents who have kids coming home confused saying that they’re in the wrong body. It’s freaking people out. Hopefully there’s enough Trump fatigue to overcome it but social issues have really turned people away from Democrats. MSNBC just reported today that there are cracks in the blue wall now.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2024 7:16 PM

Democrats are not taking the male vote for granted. Trump has appealed to a lot of men. The Democrats are very aware of the gender gap. It is not the result if any false assumptions by Democrats

Democrats are also not campaigning on trans issues. Republicans are campaigning on anti-trans ads. Not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2024 7:22 PM

[quote]If Trump can bring his dumb ass to Madison Square Garden, Harris can go to Texas.

There's a rather considerable difference here: Trump's going to MSG, in a state he can't possibly win, to "own the libs." Harris is going to Texas because she has actual *support* there. It always surprises me that people assume Austin is its lone "liberal bastion," but this is unambiguously false. Houston's only 25% white, and Dallas isn't much better: that alone has ensured that local politics remain Democratic in every large Texas city aside from Fort Worth. (Biden was the first Democrat to win in Fort Worth since LBJ.)

[quote]Kamala in Texas and Tim in Kentucky. WTF is going on?

Down-ticket support. Kentucky's a red state, and while Texas was theoretically a "swing state" in 2020 – Trump was more like to win Arizona or Georgia than Texas, but then the opposite happened – it's very likely a Trump win. Both states have plenty of Democratic House reps, however, and particularly in a lower-income state like Kentucky, they need all the external support they can get. And to my admitted surprise, Colin Allred has a realistic chance of beating Ted Cruz – but, then, that's also what they said about Beto O'Rourke last time.

[quote]I don't live in Texas but I contributed to Allred last month. Since then, I receive incessant, non-stop emails from the Allred campaign requesting more money. It's really pathetic and obnoxious.

I'm truly baffled how you don't know this, but which politicians DON'T send out constant pleas for money? I've gotten over 150 emails from the Harris-Walz campaign – and that's in addition to all the requests from Biden before he dropped out – and somehow ended up on a few Republican email lists begging for money. I agree it's all obnoxious, but singling out Colin Allred doesn't make an ounce of sense. (And are you somehow unaware that you can opt out of these emails?)

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2024 7:26 PM

Is she neglecting the battleground states? I don’t think so. She’s constantly campaigning. Going to Texas is like going on Fox News—which was a big success. Don’t concede ground.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2024 7:33 PM

[quote] Houston's only 25% white, and Dallas isn't much better:

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2024 7:33 PM

[quote] Harris is going to Texas because she has actual *support* there.

Every red state has Democrats, and every blue state has Republicans, including New York.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2024 7:33 PM

The first day of early voting in Texas is encouraging. The reason that Texas has remained red is that Democrats in the state have a horrible voting record, especially Latinos. A high turnout in the state raises the possibility that Allred could actually win. Having Harris campaign in the state will only help turnout.

The Hill:

Texas sees record early-voting numbers, particularly in Democratic-leaning areas

Record numbers of Texans turned out Monday for the first day of early voting — numbers that were particularly concentrated in several of the state’s blue-leaning urban and suburban counties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2024 7:41 PM

Maybe every single citizen of PA has seen her at one of the 100+ rallies in that state. Maybe she feels that ignoring the rest of the country is not good strategy.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2024 7:57 PM

Trump is going to MSG because he wants the help the GOP house members in the NYC suburbs who hold the key to control of the House. He needs the GOP to be in control of the House on Jan 6 if his Coup II is to work.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote] he wants the help the GOP house members in the NYC suburbs who hold the key to control of the House.

Yes, I read that the path for the GOP to keep control of the House goes through the blue states, including New York and California.

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote]Trump is going to MSG because he wants the help the GOP house members in the NYC suburbs who hold the key to control of the House.

Indeed, suburban New Yorkers are renowned for their brilliant electoral choices.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote] Indeed, suburban New Yorkers are renowned for their brilliant electoral choices.

To be fair, he did present himself as being a minority, several minorities, among other things.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2024 8:40 PM

[quote]Trump is going to Florida!

Given that he lives there, he doesn't have far to go.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote]Trump is going to Florida!

Hopefully for good after the election. It's a good state to die in, as there is a golf course that also serves as a cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2024 10:29 PM

That’s in New Jersey, r38.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2024 10:31 PM

Texans are also hurt by the out-of-control gerrymandering. There is a politician’s district that starts on the western side of Ft. Worth, meanders through Arlington, and stops somewhere in Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2024 10:35 PM

R24, don't take it personally! Most Democratic campaigns use the same fundraising service providers, such as ActBlue. Their software's designed to keep asking for money, and I've observed that the email subject lines ("I'm asking, [your name]") can be the same across candidates I've supported.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote]That’s in New Jersey, [R38].

You don't know who is buried at Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2024 11:03 PM

Unlike Hil, she has the bandwidth. One afternoon in TX will not negate her relentless presence in PA, WN, MN, etc…

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2024 11:30 PM

I think you mean WI and MI, R43, but yeah.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2024 12:45 AM

[quote] It's reminiscent of when Hillary went to Arizona instead of campaigning in Wisconsin.

Not at all. Harris has nearly worn out her welcome in GA, NC, PA, WI and MI. She should pay a visit to purple states if she could help down ballot candidates. I don't think Allred would be helped by a closer association with Harris.

But I would love to see Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2024 12:58 AM

Trump increases his lead in Texas to seven points, putting that away, but the Senate race is now down to 1%. It’s indeed now possible that Allred could win.

[quote]“Trump’s increase in support is driven by shifts in key groups: Independent voters, who broke for Harris by six points in September, now break for Trump by two, 49% to 47%,” said Spencer Kimball, executive director of Emerson College Polling. “Trump’s lead extended among men from 19 to 23 points this month, while women are consistent since last month in favoring Harris by six points.”

[quote] While the margin in presidential polling in Texas has widened, the race for Senate seems to be getting closer. According to the poll, 48% of voters support incumbent Republican Ted Cruz, while 47% support Democratic challenger Colin Allred.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2024 12:53 PM

[quote]Texans are also hurt by the out-of-control gerrymandering.

Possibly an understatement. A friend of mine lives in Austin, and until fairly recently he was in the same congressional district as Chip Roy, one of the House's single BIGGEST assholes. Texas gerrymandered the FUCK out of Austin solely to divide its vote, plus they through in most of Austin's MOST liberal areas into his district.

He moved all of three miles, to Austin's east side, and is now represented by Greg Casar, already mentioned as a true, AOC-level leftist who supports the DSA, Green New Deal, etc.

Still, we SURE AS FUCK need a SCOTUS that will FINALLY ban partisan gerrymandering.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2024 4:01 AM

[quote]Harris has nearly worn out her welcome in GA, NC, PA, WI and MI.

What, Trump & Vance haven't? Bitch, please. And she *is* paying visits to purple states, plus she appeared on Faux News FFS.

But I'm pretty sure you're trolling, and if Harris had spent any less time in the Blue Firewall states, you'd be braying that "she's IGNORING the Midwest and DOOMED!"

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2024 4:03 AM

[quote]Trump increases his lead in Texas to seven points, putting that away, but the Senate race is now down to 1%. It’s indeed now possible that Allred could win.

The problem with most polls outside of battleground states is that they're rarely the most accurate polls. I really don't think anyone bothered to set up real polling apparatuses in Texas, since they assumed Trump was a shoo-in, as was Cruz. Until he wasn't.

Also, Texas pollsters generally oversample Republicans, so Allred could very well be *ahead* of Cruz in a fairer poll, plus Harris could be closer to Trump (but I really don't think this is the year Texas will turn blue, and like others I'm worried about Georgia & NC in particular, given the scope of the absurd disinformation propaganda following Helene and Milton.

[quote]I don't think Allred would be helped by a closer association with Harris.

Agreed. Allred HAS to win independents, and in Texas the border is a definite issue. Campaigning with the person already caricatured as the "border czar" sadly wouldn't help. (Which sucks, considering Allred is also mixed-race Black, like Harris, except his mother is white.)

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2024 4:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!