Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who here has already voted?

And how and where (state)?

Let's do a head count.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2024 12:16 AM

PA. It was the easiest thing to do. It took me 10 minutes altogether from requesting to filling out to mailing..

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 3:24 PM

I voted early at my early voting place. FL

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 3:24 PM

Ohio - absentee ballot

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 3:25 PM

Going today. Georgia. Hi Georgia!

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 3:32 PM

NV-filled out my mail ballot and dropped it off at one of the early voting centers.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 3:33 PM

Yes in Colorado where vote by mail is the default.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 3:33 PM

New York. Got my ballot a few weeks ago, mailed it in, according to Board of Elections it was received and counted.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 3:35 PM

DC mails everyone a ballot a few weeks before election day although you can also vote in person on the day of. I love that they also send you an email to tell you it's been sent so you be on the lookout for it. And if you send it back in the mail or dropbox, you also get an alert that it's been identified and is en route to the ballot counters.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 3:35 PM

PA. Mail-in ballot. It's already been registered. You can imagine for whom I voted.

Why can't they [italic]count [/italic] them as they come in?

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 3:36 PM

New York. Early in-person voting starts here on 10/26. but I will probably wait until Election Day to vote in person as I love the energy and excitement of that day.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 3:40 PM

California - received confirmation of receipt. Voted Harris and Schiff for Senate.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 3:45 PM

Florida. Got my ballot a few weeks ago, mailed it in, according to Board of Elections it was received and counted. At least, that's what they say.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 3:47 PM

NJ starts this weekend!

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 3:49 PM

Michigan. Absentee. Drove it to the drop box at City Hall just in case USPS can't manage to safely deliver it.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 3:51 PM

Voted by mail in PA

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 3:53 PM

Florida

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 4:11 PM

I like to actually go to the polls and vote. I am in Georgia and I early voted on the second day of early voting. There were lines. And my friends who early voted in different locations also experienced lines. And people are standing on the curbs on busy streets with Harris/Walz signs and being all enthused. I'm loving it. There is a good energy in the air. Now I am in Metro Atlanta, but I think it's popping all over the state. That fucker is not going to turn Georgia back to red. He's not!

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 4:16 PM

Indiana in person voting on the third day possible, most Democrats don't stand a chance of winning here other than a few local elections. The number of women voting without a man standing by her was encouraging but still this is Indiana. First time I have ever had to wait in a line to vote whole process took about an hour. The Democrats have spend an incredible amount of money on advertising here for Governor and congress, neither stand a chance of winning , it could have probably been better spent in swing states.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 4:20 PM

I received my ballot in the mail a couple of weeks ago and completed and signed the ballot, but both of the god damned envelopes are glued shut.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 4:33 PM

^Did you sniff the glue?

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2024 4:37 PM

Texas. (I know, I know.) In-person voting is mostly mandatory, aside from seniors and the disabled. Even in a normal election year it can take an hour to vote on the first day of early voting; I have several friends who gave up after seeing the size of the lines.

There honestly isn't much point in voting early, aside from mild satisfaction over casting a vote opposing fascism. I usually wait until there's no line at my local polling place, towards the end of early voting. Also, it's Texas, and Trump winning it is a given. The only race here I'm actually watching is Colin Allred's, the Dallas Democrat who's up against Ted Cruz for his Senate seat and is somehow nearly tied in the polls. (Also a few local referenda.)

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 5:01 PM

*Friends who gave up yesterday, when the lines were 3+ hours long.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2024 5:01 PM

Texas - my partner and I both early voted yesterday in person.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2024 5:03 PM

Long line today in Georgia. Unfortunately seemed like a lot of MAGAts

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2024 7:43 PM

Ohio - absentee. Just checked online and my ballot has been accepted for counting.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2024 7:53 PM

SFCA -- Mailed my ballot in last week. It's been received, approved and opened but not counted yet.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2024 7:57 PM

Yes, California. Dropped it in the designated collection box in front of my local library last week & received a confirmation receipt.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2024 8:38 PM

Easy peasy at the Main Library. No wait - I've stood in longer lines to pay the taxes at City Hall.

I'm not concerned about the outcome. The last time the total was 50,233 for Biden Harris and 3519 for Trump Pence.

I assume Trump will get fewer votes this time.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2024 8:50 PM

If I were a Whatcom country resident/citizen I'd have mailed my ballot October 18. We're still counting the ballots for the provincial election last Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2024 8:50 PM

I voted yesterday. I live in a state where Harris is way ahead.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2024 8:52 PM

I filled out my ballot this morning and promptly hand delivered it to the county recorder’s office. I just don’t trust the USPS with my ballot. While I was downtown, I stopped for breakfast at a little Mexican restaurant that I enjoy. It made for a nice morning off of work. Voted blue all the way.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2024 9:40 PM

DC--voted by mail.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2024 9:51 PM

RI - got my mail ballot last week, filled it out for Harris that evening and dropped it off at the Post Office at my worksite.

Take that, you fat orange bastard ! (Talking to Trump, not OP - unless OP is Trump or working for him).

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2024 9:55 PM

Louisiana, at the library, it was packed, the disabled and elderly line had too many family members with them, I will definitely complain, I'm disabled and almost elderly myself, I hate to complain but people fuck things up repeatedly all the time.

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2024 9:56 PM

Missouri. Husband and I voted in person. We also took his mother, who voted for the very FIRST time ... better late than never!

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2024 10:00 PM

CT. This is our first time with early voting.

There is a ballot measure, however, two replace early voting with no excuse absentee voting.

There are lots of small towns in Connecticut, and it’s insane to have to staff a polling place for more than two weeks before an election.

However, they have been stunned at the high turnout.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2024 10:01 PM

Michigan. Husband and I drove our mail-in ballots directly to the drop-box at our village government office. DeJoy has taken de joy outta dropping them in the mail!

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2024 10:05 PM

Just like R25, Absentee Ballot in Ohio, and I've already confirmed on-line that my ballot has been received.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2024 10:09 PM

Beware of trolls and their seemingly innocuous polls.

How will you utilize the results of your "Voting Trends of U.S. Homosexuals" survey, OP?

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2024 10:14 PM

Austin. No line (745AM on first day of early voting) but other locations around Austin were showing wait times of over an hour. We show up with ID, confirm address, vote electronically at a computer that prints onto a paper ballot which is then inserted into another computer-type thing.

Having the wait times before voting is helpful - during early voting, we can vote at any location.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2024 10:22 PM

I just picked up my ballot from the mail today. Will vote this week. I'm in a solid blue state.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2024 10:23 PM

Texas…Dallas, specifically — and it counts as there’s an outside chance Allred might win and there are a few batshit right-wing city charter amendments up for a vote.

Dallas County is 2/1 blue.

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2024 10:30 PM

I stopped at Costco in metro Atlanta after voting today. There was a very suburban looking older woman in the check out line with me, and she had her voter sticker on. I asked her if she had to wait in a long line to vote, and she said not really. Then, she winked at me, smiled and said, "She's gonna win."

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2024 10:34 PM

[quote]California - received confirmation of receipt. Voted Harris and Schiff for Senate.

Same on all counts. I usually use a drop box but the library was closed unexpectedly so I mailed it and got confirmation of receipt the next day.

This ballot also had a proposition to enshrine same-sex and interracial marriage in the state Constitution in case the Supreme Court goes even farther tits-up.

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2024 10:49 PM

Voted in Franklin, Tennessee. Got in line early and only waited about 10 minutes. Saw a guy wearing a Pride shirt leaving the polling station and thought 'that's a good sign'.

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2024 11:04 PM

R45 He could've been a Log Cabin Republican. Was he carrying a "Melania" book in his hands ?

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2024 11:29 PM

R46. LCRs are too full of fear and shame to wear a Pride shirt.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2024 11:43 PM

Early voting in Connecticut - first year for it here. My town hall is open for voting from 10am to 6pm 7 days/week until the Sunday before Election Day. There are a couple of days staying open until 8pm. The first day was yesterday and I was told 281 (population 6,800) people voted. I went this afternoon and was done in 15 minutes. There were about 10 people voting while I was there. I was impressed.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2024 11:47 PM

I voted in Louisiana yesterday. Our Clerk of Court posted early voting numbers today showing voting is up from 2020 so far. But my parish was 85% Trump in 2020, so whatever. And like I said in another thread, I did not see any black people in line to vote when I was there.

by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2024 12:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!