Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eminem to introduce Obama and Kamala at Detroit rally

Good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2024 12:57 PM

People don't stand in the ballot booth thinking hmm how does that rapper want me to vote?

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 3:10 PM

I can top that!

I'll eat Trump's butt in public. And private!

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 3:11 PM

The Keith guy on twitter is an idiot. Eminem endorsed Biden/Harris in 2020. He also posted support for Gretchen Whitmer's re-election campaign in 2022. He's dabbled in support for politicians before, it's nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 3:18 PM

R1, Harris's weakest area is with young white men. Guess who comprises Eminem's largest demographic? (Not to mention him being Michigan's likely highest-profile native who's lived there his entire life.) And R2, this is explicitly to counter dipshits like Kid Rock.

Gotta say I never thought I'd see the day when Eminem is a Democratic advocate, but Black rappers like 50 Cent & Ice Cube have come out supporting not only a Republican, but the literal worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 3:19 PM

Didn’t Eminem do a video where he put a gun to Trump’s head? I think Trump was dressed as a clown. I was surprised he didn’t get the Kathy Griffin treatment.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 3:39 PM

R4, Eminem has never been known as a political rapper and most importantly, he is not a working class hero anymore; he's been a rich old dude for twenty years, which immediately separates him from the people who listen to his "music", most of whom belong to an increasingly precarious middle class, and a completely downtrodden working class. No one is going to vote for Harris just because some multi-millionaire tells them that this is what they ought to do. Liking someone's songs and sharing their political beliefs are two very different things.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 3:40 PM

r6, Isn't that what Musk is doing though? A billionaire telling people to vote for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 3:52 PM

R7, do you realize that Musk is being heavily criticized for doing so by both the left and the right, who correctly see his blatant partisanship as an attempt to buy further privileges from a prospective second Trump administration? The real problem is that Biden and Harris have performed horribly and people are fed up with them. Sadly, many believe that gravitating towards the other branch of the uniparty is the solution, when in reality Trump is more of the same. However, being sternly lectured by the wealthy isn't going to convince anyone.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 3:57 PM

I am glad that Eminem is doing this. I hope it will help with some working class males.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 4:01 PM

R6, you're correct that Eminem was never a political rapper per se, but that was only *originally*: as R5 noted, he's been anti-Trump for quite a long time now. You are sorely mistaken if you don't think he still has a rabid and mostly working-class (and white) fan base, however. His most recent album absolutely sucked, but he was STILL one of the ONLY musicians to successfully dethrone Taylor Swift at the top of the sales & streaming charts.

Also, it's 2024, and we have trust-fund shits like Trump cosplaying "working class" by shoveling out French fries for 20 minutes at McDonald's. Eminem may be massively rich nowadays, but unlike Trump he's at least *authentic*. (Can you name ANY other musician who starred in a quasi-biopic about themselves in their early 30s? And a quality one at that.) Finally, EVERY successful rapper ends up "separated from the people who listen to their music," and since when do people stop supporting a musician solely because they're successful? Beyoncé's now a billionaire, but has that affected her popularity a single bit? Please.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 4:12 PM

Uniparty? Is that the new tankie talk R8? I can’t keep up with you Zers.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 4:57 PM

Just waiting now for sad old exhausted Trumpy to get someone to type for him how much he hates Eminem.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 5:33 PM

[quote] Eminem has never been known as a political rapper

Yes, he is, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 6:20 PM

Eminem loves his daughters, and isn't abashed about supporting reproductive rights. Not sure how close (or not) he is when he adopted his ex'es two daughters He's been sober since 2008, so I hope he's living a good life.

[QUOTE]The week before the 2020 United States presidential election, Eminem approved his song "Lose Yourself" to be used in a campaign video for Joe Biden.[403][404] After the United States Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, Eminem posted a tweet to his Twitter expressing his displeasure for the decision saying "As a father it pisses me off that women have fewer rights 2day than just a few days ago… we r fuckin goin bckwards. Here's how 2 help in Michigan. [sic]" and included a link to a pro-choice organization in Michigan.[405]

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2024 12:50 AM

There have been a few times where you knew where Eminem stood politically.

The most obvious example is "Mosh," in which he criticizes the Bush administration for the war in Iraq.

On "Without Me" there's a dig at Lynne Cheney because she was a frequent critic of music being too explicit: "I know that you got a job, Ms. Cheney / But your husband's heart problem's complicating / So the FCC won't let me be / Or let me be me, so let me see / They tried to shut me down on MTV / But it feels so empty without me"

Plus he did a freestyle anti-Trump rap about 6 years ago (linked)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote] People don't stand in the ballot booth thinking hmm how does that rapper want me to vote?

You're ridiculous! Of course they do. Eminem will get men who wouldn't otherwise bother to vote to go to the polls in Michigan. If only 100 or so young white men in MI vote for Harris because Eminem told them to it is a victory.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2024 3:26 AM

R9 It definitely will; celebs like Em, Taylor Swift, Dave Chapelle they all move the needle.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2024 3:37 AM

Did Chappelle endorse Harris?? Just wondering since nowadays he's buds with Elon Musk & Joe Rogan. (But awesome if he did.)

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2024 4:29 AM

You hardly hear about him these days, and I think he prefers it that way. He does his thing and stays away from controversy. His daughter is well adjusted and has a college education. I’d say he did alright.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2024 5:03 AM

The Harris campaign needs to use Green Day: " No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA!" if it wants younger white males.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2024 12:52 PM

Obama returns the favor by rapping Eminem at the rally. The man can still bring it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2024 12:54 PM

bring what r21?🙄

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2024 12:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!