Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I love a real chica

Eva Mendes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2024 7:45 AM

Yes-If her’s and Ryan’s marriage is already in trouble-do a movie together!- that can only help.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 1:49 PM

The only thing I ever saw her in was the remake of THE WOMEN, which was an indifferent film.

I admire her for being honest about her limited abilities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 2:02 PM

She was in 30 films and several TV episodes and many music videos. For something she didn't really like - she did really well.

Too ethnic? Honey - how many REAL actresses were told they weren't pretty enough or sexy enough or too old or too tall or whatever for the part?

She also went to rehab in 2008 - perhaps that had something to do with her career?

She's now 50 and has been out of the spotlight for 10 years and has 2 daughters, 10 and 8 - so presumably she was raising her 2 kids in luxury in BH. I don't see how she has any room to complain about her career or her life.

She surpassed most true actresses dream.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 2:10 PM

She is absolutely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 2:27 PM

I've seen so many worse actresses with Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 2:29 PM

I like her. I like anyone who does their job and goes away.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 2:32 PM

^Really?!?!?!?! So that means I DO have a chance of winning one!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 2:32 PM

She never thought she was beautiful?? Come ON! It's why she is where she is.

I used to confuse her.and Gina Gershon. Similar look.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 2:59 PM

She’s prettier than JLo to me. You see a thousand Jlos in NYC. I don’t think she is better actress however though I think she has hella on screen presence.

Out of Time - one of my favorite phony but entertaining thrillers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 3:02 PM

I always found her super freaking hot and I'm a Kinsey six.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 3:14 PM

She can’t act. That’s her biggest issue.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 3:48 PM

R11 Well she admits that. To me she has presence which is the most important thing for a non theater actor. She didn’t have much range but was ok.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 4:04 PM

She's so gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 4:15 PM

Sounds like something she's convinced herself of.

She gave up her career to be a trad wife. Something that a REAL MAN would not expect of her.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 4:20 PM

[quote]R3 I don't see how she has any room to complain about her career or her life. She surpassed most true actresses dream.

She hasn’t complained, that I can see.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 7:12 PM

I don’t find her beautiful at all….very sharp features not aging well…..she stays fit which helps but her and Ryan do not go together

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 7:18 PM

[quote]She hasn’t complained, that I can see

She complained in the article.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 8:45 PM

She looked so gorgeous in the French film Holy Motors. If you haven’t seen that one I highly recommend! And Kylie has a small part in it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 9:32 PM

[Quote] [R11] Well she admits that. To me she has presence which is the most important thing for a non theater actor. She didn’t have much range but was ok.

Where’s all the cringe Ebonics, fat snout?

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 9:37 PM

Did anyone ever see Holy Motors? I love that movie and she's basically just a presence in it, but a great presence.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2024 9:38 PM

I have.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 11:31 PM

R19 At your mother fucking mammy’s house, you one dimensional, narrow minded cunt.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2024 11:36 PM

She smells like tacos and missed child support payments.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2024 6:53 AM

R16, I couldn't agree more. I have never understood the "she's so hot" hype around her. I guess we all have our types!

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2024 7:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!