Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Taylor Swift starting to fade away?

You don’t seem to hear about her as much as you did last year. Maybe her antics are just getting old.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 6:30 AM

You must have adhd. In this social media age people expect a new development from an artist every 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 4:58 AM

She was literally all the talk earlier this year because her tour got such massive numbers. Can't stand her, but she's at the height of her powers currently.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 5:02 AM

I've seen her in the news that past couple of days because she just started another leg of her ERAS tour.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 5:10 AM

She's probably lost some intrigue with the young straight teen/pre-teen girls that make up a substantial amount of her fanbase by "dating" a hairy, bearded, average-faced, NFL Neanderthal. The teenyboppers are unable to vicariously live through her like they did when she was "dating" effete, clean-cut, pretty boy twinks like Harry Styles, Taylor Lautner, the Jonas brother, the Kennedy kid, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 5:14 AM

She’s incredibly popular among white women.

I believe she’s more popular than Michael Jackson and Madonna if you look at numbers and longevity.

But because she lacks their universal appeal, it doesn’t translate. It was only until her PR romance with Travis has she become inescapable. Before that, she wasn’t really intrusive if you didn’t listen to her which is the opposite of Madonna and Michael.

I think ultimately, the moral is that after decades of controversial pop stars breaking new ground through sex and rebellion and sound, Gen Z’s pop star, much like them, is safe and boring.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 5:33 AM

I don’t hear about her, OP? You mean that you don’t.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 5:36 AM

OP sounds like it desperately wants Taylor Swift to suddenly be irrelevant. I wonder why that might be ….

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 5:41 AM

OP = Katy Perry.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 5:43 AM

R5 Taylor is more universally appealing than Madonna. Whitney Houston was more universally appealing than Madonna until the early aughts. No she is not more popular than MJ.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 5:43 AM

Well she’s white, talented and successful- so there’s that, R7.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 5:43 AM

There’s something else too, r10

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 5:47 AM

Leave it to the psychos of DL to make this thread about politics, like everything else.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 5:51 AM

I think all the celebrities are fading away at this point, because of the election. No one cares about them and I think it should stay that way.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 5:54 AM

OP = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 6:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!