Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remembering “Nappy Headed Hos”

Hard to believe it’s been 17 years already since the infamous Don Imus incident. Even harder to believe that Howard Stern called out his racism, considering some of the things that Stern has previously said on air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 7:39 AM

😆 Why OP why.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 4:28 AM

Not that anything excuses such behavior, but what was the context? I mean, what prompted some ancient, crusty old geezer to just insult young college women out of the blue like that?

I was in hs when it happened. I remember the uproar it caused, but never knew the full story behind it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 4:32 AM

R2 He was a shock jock trying to be outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 4:43 AM

OP what made you randomly make this thread?

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 5:14 AM

R2 He’s racist.

And I remember his excuse was “that’s what they call each other”.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 5:20 AM

R5 Nah he tried to blame it on Spike Lee.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 5:31 AM

I hope that cunt doesn’t come on here and claim I made this thread btw. I just thought about it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 5:32 AM

Stern & Imus had a long-running feud which may well have informed Howard’s response.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 5:33 AM

Nobody cares about you or your other personae, Teafake @R7.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 5:41 AM

Stern never really punch down if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 5:41 AM

Imus looked like a monitor lizard in a cowboy hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 5:51 AM

Ah, a walk down memory lane. A relatively short time after, Michael Richards/Kramer from Seinfeld would launch into a “racist rant” in the early days of ubiquitous phones with video everywhere. An apology tour then ensued. Little did I realize this would all become far more commonplace.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 5:59 AM

It really is uncanny, r11.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 6:08 AM

“I can smell that nappy pussy!”

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 6:46 AM

Stern hated Imus.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 6:51 AM

He was one ugly mofo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 6:56 AM

What happened to his wig?

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 7:27 AM

Shock jock = a person who is bitter about being born with a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 7:30 AM

Do we have thread discussing Howard Stern's ridiculous and hypocritical multi year "makeover" of his persona from gross, toilet humored, perverse shock jock to bland, Art Linkletter interviewing children milquetoast?

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 7:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!