Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is every other guy on the gay apps suddenly polyamorous?

Does this actually mean something different from what gay guys have done the last 40 years?

As far as I know there are two types of gay couples:

1. Open relationship = we play together or separate 2. “monogamous” = we play behind each other’s back

Is polyamorous different?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 10:14 AM

The guys on the apps are whores, darlin’.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 4:02 AM

What r1 said. It's just a socially acceptable way to say you're a whore, that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 4:04 AM

Why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 4:07 AM

You're a whore OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 4:09 AM

I don’t know that a person is polyamorous in and of themselves, exactly. Isn’t it more that one is IN a polyamorous relationship?

I mean, if you were stranded on a desert island, you couldn’t be polyamorous on your own.

(Of course, I wouldn’t know, myself… as I’m not a goddamn whore.)

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 4:13 AM

Because saying you're poly sounds nicer than admitting you're a whore.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 4:13 AM

OP, even nobody in a polyamorous relationship would want you. Poor dear!

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 4:27 AM

It means he likes three-ways and orgies.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 4:31 AM

I think “poly” people are in crappy relationships ; and they won’t break up because they can’t afford to live alone.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 4:54 AM

Polyamorous = bored to bits ("but not boring!"); looking to rent out the spare bedroom, divide household chores, and have more bait for more sex partners

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 5:53 AM

Open relationships are like underwear.

Over time, they lose elasticity by pushing boundaries, then you spend too much time trying to cover your ass rather than slip into a new pair!.

It means I don’t love you enough to commit, I don’t have the backbone or savings account to move out, and that I’ll always be chasing a bubble butt over deciding to grow old with someone. Most of the time these people wind up alone. If you just want a roommate, get a roommate.

It might also means one person’s validation isn’t enough for you, and you need to spend some time loving yourself before you break someone else’s heart. What is enticing drama and romantic prowess in your 20’s is just sad denial in your 50’s.

For everyone else, good luck with accepting or continuing to accept a relationship where you always come second!

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 7:00 AM

Given the high cost of housing in many places, a poly relationship may be a good financial solution on the surface. Of course when person invariably extracts themselves, it will be like a collapsing house of cards.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 7:53 AM

It means they want a boyfriend but still be the raging slut they truly always were.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 9:03 AM

Well aren’t you the cynical little charmer OP? Judging others by your own low standards?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 10:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!