Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: You can now own the personal effects of Anne Rice!

Her silverware collection appears to be extensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2024 11:57 AM

Genuinely surprised by the insane silver hoard. Also learned that Anne liked J.Jill and Eileen Fisher, which is surprisingly normcore for her brand.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 4:48 AM

Quantity over quality.

Given her association with gothic themes in her writing and taste for bold historic architecture in her houses, I expected better than this uninspired lot. There's is some wonderfully innovative and bold 19thC American silver flatware, but I only spotted one piece that falls into that category - out of how many 1000s of forks, spoons, knives, and ladles?

Tiffany silver flatware is exceptional in quality of manufacture, but from a quick pass I only spotted mediocre patterns.

No risks in taste here. Just granny stuff.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 9:28 AM

Ditto, r1.

Why her penchant for silver flatware? Does this obsession have a name? Perhaps, "agnosis?"

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 10:29 AM

I like a few of the chess sets. Good luck to them unloading all that silver. I wonder how many sets Christopher kept?

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 10:39 AM

That’s it? A lot of silver no one wants, a few frumpy outfits, and some old books?

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 10:53 AM

Anne Rice also had a vast collection of antique to modern dolls, they were sold prior to her death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 12:05 PM

Quite a lot of filth in this lot. Get bidding, perverts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 9:22 PM

More is more? That's some atrocious silverware.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 9:37 PM

I can't believe DL's tabletop queens aren't all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2024 10:47 AM

I’m sure Christopher kept anything that was very unique or had sentimental value. The rest will sell to superfans who just want to own something of Anne’s.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2024 11:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!