Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nicholas A. Chavez was EXTRAORDINARY on ‘General Hospital’

I have been watching clips of Nicky as Spencer for hours now and, wow. His talent far exceeded the writing and he managed to elevate every scene and storyline he is in, no matter how awful the dialogue. As you’re watching you know you’re watching a future star. He’s so good, but also has that “A-List star” aura. So much screen presence.

It’s no wonder he became a fan favorite on the show and gained a massive fanbase. The comments are all about how good he is and how he’s a star in the making.

The scene of him saying goodbye to the baby, so good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2024 12:26 PM

He really was, and watching at the time, it was amazing to see how *fast* he got that good. By the time he’d been there six months it was clear, as a GH viewer, that we would be lucky to have him as long as we could.

He talks a bit about his GH experience in this new People interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 1:56 AM

He was always good r1. Never bad. I loved his many scenes with his father early in his time on the show, which are what won him the Emmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 2:03 AM

He’s tall, gorgeous and very talented. And yes, he has that star aura to him. I hated how the show ended his character but it’s true form to soaps. They always go over the top and campy. His final scene… he deserved better but fans were on the edge of their seats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 2:30 AM

R3. His exit was left open ended because he was going to come back. He chose not to return.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 2:38 AM

They gave the character a very touching send off with a funeral. The scene is split into 6 parts on YouTube though.

R4 yes I know it was initially an LOA but he decided to not return, for obvious reasons. Rumor is he’s become so iconic as Spencer they don’t wanna recast the part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 2:48 AM

R5. He wasn't the second coming. My God, calm down.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 3:21 AM

There was a scene where Spencer and Esme are discussing their past together and he basically tells her “just tell me and I’ll be there” about something she needs and I got so turned on by it 😆. Esme walks out of the room and shuts the door and leans against the wall. Same girl.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 3:47 AM

R6 I know he wasn’t the second coming (referring to Spencer) but man was he gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 3:53 AM

Spencer tried to convince Cameron that they had to keep something secret from Joss and Trina; it reminded me, in hindsight/after the fact, of a scene between Eric and Lyle. He was playing something very intimate with Lipton (Cameron).

Chavez is VERY theatrical, VERY Liz Hubbard.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 3:54 AM

Chavez can be theatrical but he can tone it down beautifully too, as shown in the OP clip and he hasn’t been theatrical at all in Grotesquerie. He likes to play it big though vs small usually. I think he finds it fun. He knows how to switch it around.

Theatre is what made him fall in love with acting though, so there is that.

Found the clip I was speaking about at r7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 4:14 AM

He’s definitely theatrical in Grotesquerie’s sermonizing scenes, which call for it.

I think the fact that he can go big is part of why he appeals to casting directors and EPs. A lot of the better actors his age lean toward the mumbly, shoegazy side of things, whereas Chavez seems to take after people like Philip Seymour Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 4:37 AM

What is it about this guy that drives the fraus and soap opera gays crazy? He’s above average in both looks and talent but this is effusive. He’s a little too mannered for my taste but he’s young and will hopefully learn to rein it in.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 5:16 AM

R11 he’s supposed to be over the top as the Priest. Everyone is over the top. Have you watched the last few episodes? Everything and everyone is over the top. I don’t know how you can just point him out. None of that was “theatrical” in the way you seem to think it is. Granted, I’m certain you don’t know what you’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 8:36 AM

R11 and the fact he can actually act? On top of being highly attractive and looks good on camera? And the fact he’s got a very natural screen presence? Presence can’t be taught.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 8:38 AM

Oh, good LORD. You people have lost your minds. He was fucking terrible. Acted like he was in Shakespeare in the Park in every scene.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 11:33 AM

Pretty eyes and eyelashes.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 11:38 AM

Nope r15. He wasn’t. He was amazing. Especially on a soap. You must not watch soaps because a lot of the acting is terrible. He was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 12:36 PM

R17 Yeah, no. I watch GH and he was awful. Listen, he's not going to fuck you. We know you're enamored with his He-Man body and little boy face but that doesn't make up for the years he spent playing a poor man's Romeo Capulet. He was terrible. So terrible that I was blown away at how good he is on the Ryan Murphy series.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 4:37 PM

R18 no. You don’t. And no. He wasn’t.

Critics raved about him, he’s adored with the public but YOU say otherwise so it’s true.

Grow up. You’re an adult.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 5:08 PM

That person claiming that he “wasn’t good” should stop stating that as a fact and learn what an opinion is. Fact is the majority of GH viewers loved him and the character became iconic because of his performance, so much so that they are holding out on casting anyone else in the role. Critics sang his praises to no end.

That person is also the person all over the Cooper Koch threads and screams at anyone who dares mention NAC on one of those threads.

Get a grip on reality.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2024 5:21 PM

He moves very naturally and beautifully, knows where to place his hands, and is calm and not too self-observant.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 6:03 PM

As someone who considers myself a non-unhinged NAC fan, I’d love to have one thread about him that doesn’t devolve into open hostility. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2024 6:52 PM

Omg. I’m SOAKED.

He’s so tall and hot and cute. I miss how he was pre-Ryan Murphy. He was always so cute and normal and smiling. Now he never smiles and is so serious. Did Murphy steal his soul? Or does he feel he has to be more serious now that he has a higher profile in a hit series to be taken more seriously and not automatically linked to GH anymore?

Unpopular opinion, I never cared for Spencer and Trina as a couple though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2024 6:27 AM

R20 WAIT... I should get a grip on reality? Oh man, that's hysterical coming from a guy obsessed with someone half his age AND on TV.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2024 11:15 AM

R24 you don’t have a grip. You think your opinion means more than the majority of GH fans and critics? That’s full blown insane.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote]Fact is the majority of GH viewers loved him

The majority of GH viewers love Maurice Bernard, so that's not exactly a badge of quality.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2024 11:28 AM

He was definitely a standout on GH and I’m glad he’s getting other roles, I just wish it wasn’t in Ryan Murphy dreck. He could do better.

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2024 11:49 AM

R27 hopefully this will open doors for him. This has given him massive exposure globally.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2024 12:59 PM

I miss how a few months after he first started on GH he made a cameo. His videos were always so nice and you could see his personality. He always seemed like a sweet kid and kind and gracious to his fans. He would also do a lot of fan appearances and popups around the country with the actress who plays Trina. The turnouts were always much larger than expected, he was so popular and they were such a popular couple on the series.

It’s crazy how in just 2-3 years his face has matured so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2024 7:12 PM

This weeks US Weekly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2024 8:47 PM

This is interesting. After getting criticized for not supporting the Menendez brothers he wears this. Doubt it's a coincidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2024 5:37 AM

I don’t think he was wearing it to show support or not show support. He wore it on a day he was on set watching his gf film, he was off. He isn’t in that sequence at all. We are only seeing the tshirt because they decided to make a behind the scenes video for that episode.

It’s probably a clothing item he got to keep from playing Lyle Menendez and he likes it. You forget, he filmed this show directly after filming Monsters. Literally. They filmed shooting Monsters at night one day, he was driven to a hotel near where they were filming Grotesquerie so he can sleep and that very next morning had to be on set to film for the new show. There was no break.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2024 8:12 AM

PS he wore that tshirt on set months ago. That wasn’t recent. Monsters wasn’t even out yet 😂

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2024 8:13 AM

R31 Hey, genuinely curious, why are you even following that page? Teenage girls who weren’t even born when this happened run that page, always acting like they will get fucked by the brothers if they are freed.

Also, that photo of him is from the behind the scenes video FX released a few days ago. That isn’t recent. It’s from months ago, before Monsters even premiered. There was no criticism of him. He was wearing it because he just finished filming Monsters and probably got to keep some of the clothing and liked that tee. He hasn’t changed his tune once, as in he doesn’t give his opinion on them. He did an article with Vanity Fair a couple of weeks ago and they say in the article he isn’t as open with his views on the case while Cooper is 100% on their side. So no, that wasn’t worn recently and wasn’t worn as any statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2024 8:22 AM

In the internet-wide thirstplosion for Nicholas, I hope people aren’t overlooking how talented he is.

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2024 12:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!