Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Where did you go to college, and what was it like

Let's do a fun little DL demography exploration!

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 3:37 AM

Whatsamattah U.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2024 12:53 AM

NYU. Amazing but not the typical College experience. Instead of frat and quad parties we went to clubs in the meat packing district. Very gay.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2024 12:56 AM

Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Tx.. It's also a prison town and it feels cursed or something. I only went there to get a few credits and transfer into a better school. It was a terribly racist place but not in an overt way, they'd smile to your face when they were brimming with slow burn hatred. The fucking racists would wait to attack in the night by slashing tires and putting racist letters in the school newspaper and it got worse when the school got a Jewish dean. Fuck that town.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2024 1:11 AM

UCLA

I had fun because my part-time job was in food service for ASUCLA (Assoicated Students of ... ), and I was quickly drafted to work "training table" for the big three, men's athletic teams at the time (football, basketball, and track). .. That meant twice a day (breakfast and lunch) these jocks would show up at a private dining room set up for them to eat their food. Usually, the coaches would accompany them and they'd use the time to talk performance. Their food was all free to them; some of the guys were on special diets that we had to monitor (both to lose and gain weight). We'd wait on them like they were seated in a restaurant. Occasionally, we'd be asked if we could work dinner service since they sometimes had boosters (alumni) come in to meet and mix with the boys.

Beyond that, everything you may have ever heard about old glory holes at UCLA is probably true. I recently read that the infamous men's rooms in Royce Hall and the one in the basement of Haines Hall are still going strong. It was hard to ignore the one in Royce Hall, because I had so many classes in that building. Two of my English professors showed quite a bit of interest in me. I may have taken the bait, but neither of them were good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2024 1:26 AM

R2, that sounds like a blast to this provincial Midwesterner. I was too scared of crime to go to college in New York. This was in the Koch-Dinkins era of mid-day robberies and and the Central Park Jogger. Scary.

I ended up in Boston, instead, with a bunch of Massholes. One winter weekend walking back to campus from CVS, I heard a scream: "DYKE!"

Alas, it was a couple of townie Massholes in a pick-up truck.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2024 1:47 AM

To R4, did u suck & swallow any of the student athletes, trainers, coaches?

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2024 1:55 AM

I went to a lot of schools. The one that finally gave me a degree was the University of Washington.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2024 2:05 AM

Why yes, I'd LOVE to post mportant personally identifiable information to a bunch of randos on anonymous forum! It seems like such a smart thing to do!

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2024 2:23 AM

Northwestern, it was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2024 2:45 AM

The University of Phoenix!!

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2024 2:47 AM

R1 also is a graduate of Potrzebie High.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2024 2:51 AM

Undergrad at McGill University in Montreal. It’s a large urban campus in the center of a fascinating, gay-affirming city. Other than the brutal winters, it was a great experience for me.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2024 3:01 AM

Hudson U., Class of '92--'04. Let me tell you, being a student here was more dangerous than being on the mean streets! Thank goodness I stayed in Briscoe Hall!

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 3:02 AM

I went to Florida University at Cape Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!