Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SNL Mays nailed it..

Dana Carvey aced Biden as well.😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 12:02 AM

What is "Mays"? Is that AAVE? Do you speak Jive, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2024 7:36 PM

Hate Carvey as Biden. It’s just his rehashed Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2024 7:37 PM

I wish the writing was better, but Maya is SO good, she could substitute for Kamala at rallies.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2024 7:46 PM

What exactly did Mays nail?

And who exactly is Mays?

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 9:24 PM

Love Carvey as Biden. Nothing like Bush Sr. aside from them both being old men. I would argue he’s the only impressionist to crack the code. Carey and Sudakis might have been amusing but they weren’t really in the ballpark.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2024 9:29 PM

I love having Dana back on the show.

Being it’s the 50th season, I thought they would have invited back former cast members all year long to honour the show’s history. That would be fun, but I imagine the logistics might be too difficult.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2024 9:43 PM

R1, Maya Rudolph has returned to SNL – putting her own Apple TV, "Loot," on hiatus solely to do so (!!) – because she's the literal perfect person to play Harris, and SNL is now "known" for its presidential satires ever since Tina Fey took on Sarah Palin in '08. She's doing a fantastic job nailing Kamala's impression, but I'd agree that the writing this year is subpar. (Possibly because Colin Jost & Michael Che exited as head writers, though they're still doing Weekend Update.)

Jim Gaffigan is a *scarily* good Tim Walz. Dana Carvey is ... I guess okay as Biden, but a tad one note. (OTOH Biden himself is mostly one note nowadays.) Definitely a bit odd that Alec Baldwin returned, but *not* as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 9:44 PM

*Own Apple TV SHOW, that is

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 9:44 PM

Bowen Yang sucks as Jaydee.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 9:45 PM

I thought Willie Mays was dead.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 9:48 PM

OP, stop trying to make Mays happen.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 9:51 PM

R9, I'm assuming they let Bowen do JD basically to troll Trumpists. "OMG a HOMOSEXUAL is portraying godly JD Vance!!!"

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 9:51 PM

SNL has been doing presidential satire from the get-go, beginning with Chevy Chase’s Gerald Ford and Dan Aykroyd who did a great Nixon and Carter. There were a bunch of Reagans, and I remember Jon Lovitz as Dukaki while Dana Carvey did George Bush Sr and later, Ross Perot. Phil Hartman was a sublime Clinton… et cetera et cetera. So it was something expected from SNL well before 2008 and Tina Fey.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 10:00 PM

Does OP mean "Macy's" ?

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2024 10:01 PM

[quote]Definitely a bit odd that Alec Baldwin returned, but *not* as Trump.

Shows how out of touch and lame SNL is that they had Baldwin keep repeating "murders" and no one clearly got the irony.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2024 10:08 PM

OP must be TEA_SHART

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2024 10:13 PM

[quote] Mays nailed it

You call it corn…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2024 10:16 PM

I call Maya amaizing!

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2024 10:18 PM

If Kamala wins the election, I will laugh because it will irritate Kate McKinnon's fangirls that Kate wasn't the first female SNL cast member or alum to impersonate a female president.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2024 10:30 PM

Dana Carvey as Biden is awful, cringy and cruel.

He has some of Biden's words down such as "no joke,' "I'm serious." but it's distasteful impression.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 11:41 PM

[quote]Dana Carvey as Biden is awful, cringy and cruel.

Cringy ? Cruel ? You like literally sound like literally an 18 year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2024 12:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!