Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does your mom nag you?

Like every time you visit? My mom nags me. She projects her supposed health issues onto me and tells me I need to modify my diet. She tells me I drink too much. She tells me I shouldn’t travel here or there. She lectures me about political issues she knows nothing about and about how Eastern Europe is dangerous now and I shouldn’t go there even though she’s never been there.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 9:18 PM

Put a lock on the basement door OP.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2024 6:58 PM

Op needs slapped

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2024 6:59 PM

You'll miss her and her nagging when she's gone.

Be grateful you still have her, and just politely listen to her.

She's not doing you any harm. It's what moms do.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2024 7:24 PM

Easiest way to circumvent that is to keep discussion light and make your life appear problem free.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 7:30 PM

Mmm. Hmmm.

I know!

Mom, you are so right!

I think so, too.

This will drive her crazy (yet she won't be able to pinpoint why) and she will retreat back to where she came from. Or you could hide behind the furniture when she rings the doorbell.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2024 7:36 PM

Or turn the lights off as she approaches the door step.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2024 7:39 PM

My mom constantly tells me not to ride on the roof of the car. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 7:45 PM

How old are you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 7:47 PM

[quote] How old are you, OP?

Mom is 99.

And it's still NAG, NAG, NAG!

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 7:48 PM

Oh gosh. And to think my biggest fear would be retiring before my parents.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 7:51 PM

You’ll miss it one day-my mother died on my 40th birthday

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 8:03 PM

R11 Wow, cool.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 8:04 PM

If it’s any help, OP, I would be happy to tell you all the things you are doing wrong in your life, if you’d rather not hear it from her.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 8:07 PM

[quote] You’ll miss it one day-my mother died on my 40th birthday

If she had died a day before or a day later, it would have been different for you?

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2024 8:08 PM

Mine doesn’t at all. She’s 84. The downside is she doesn’t much care either.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2024 8:11 PM

Goober, if you had the slightest manipulative personality disorder within you, you’d turn the conversation back to her. You are the audience. On her stage, you’re a prop.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2024 8:15 PM

Grow up and tell your mother to shut her pie hole.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2024 9:01 PM

I know how that goes, OP. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2024 9:14 PM

My mom died in January at 99. She nagged right up until the end. I miss being able to just pick up the phone and call her with a bit of celebrity gossip or complaints about Comcast or whatever. I don't miss the nagging but I miss my mom. And i'd deal with it if I could just call her and say hi.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2024 9:14 PM

I try to take it in the spirit in which it's intended.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 9:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!