Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Travolta considers move to Australia

The tragedy-bitten star has spent a lot of time holed up at his Florida compound, still struggling with the deaths of wife Kelly Preston, son Jett and close friends like Australian songbird Olivia Newton-John.

Said a source: "In Australia, it's like Grease just came out yesterday. "There's this whole country where he has been consistently famous for over 40 years, in part because of his close friendship with Olivia."

“John’s supporters are aging out of the business and dwindling in numbers. When he's in L.A., he barely gets recognized anymore."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2024 11:43 PM

Vinnie Barbarino will always be like a GOD to me, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2024 11:51 AM

I think the story was planted to make rain for Travolta's career. It's a back handed way of letting the powers that be know there's money on the table because so many people love him.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2024 11:58 AM

Do they have a Church of Scientology there?

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote]I think the story was planted to make rain for Travolta's career. It's a back handed way of letting the powers that be know there's money on the table because so many people love him.

Or planted as a nail in his coffin. It doesn't exactly paint a picture of a vibrant star choosing his projects with care. Rather it paints him as so desperate for attention and adulation that he would consider moving to fucking end of the world Australia where people still recognize him or care. I don't mean to bicker with R2 whomight be correct, it's only that to my reading it seems anything but a clever planted story to me -- unless the clever planter hates his guts.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 12:20 PM

Travolta is one of those people who I never hear a bad thing about. People may not like his association with Scientology, but he seems to be a good, kind man.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2024 12:29 PM

Beard or not, his wife was the mother of his kids and it's quite conceivable he hasn't been paying attention to his career for a while to look after himself the people around him. I certainly would have told the world to fuck off for a few years if I had his fortune.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2024 12:30 PM

R5 ??????????????

All the masseuse he groped. And I still somewhat like him. But you never heard that?

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 12:32 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 12:37 PM

Travolta considers coming out of the closet and admitting he’s a connoisseur of cock 🍆.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 12:38 PM

Why would he want to move to a place where everyone recognizes him for a 40 year old movie.

Oh, for the tax breaks.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 4:53 PM

Large donged, muscled outback men that live in highly secluded areas. I’m there!

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 5:12 PM

Wel, it was the Australians who brought ABBA back by never letting them go out of fashion...

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 5:49 PM

This makes him sound pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 5:53 PM

Baa-baa-baa, baa-Barabarino!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2024 5:57 PM

FAG!!!

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2024 6:00 PM

POOFTER!

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2024 6:16 PM

He wants to learn to play the didgeridoo.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2024 6:16 PM

Or he's hating Florida politics and weather - plus his ability to fly planes may be limited at 70.

I know pilots have to retire at what 65?

Australia has better weather than Florida. He lives in Ocala - northern middle of the state that's close to...nothing? He lives in the nowheresville.

I doubt he'd move because of fawning audiences or a spill-over from ONJ fame.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2024 6:27 PM

The article reads like down under fanfiction written by an aging Grease stan desperately shipping Travolta and zombie ONJ.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2024 6:33 PM

R19 pray for brains

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 6:35 PM

Will his life-partner/significant other agree?

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2024 6:37 PM

I thought she died.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2024 6:43 PM

The real one

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2024 6:49 PM

Say what you will about Travolta, he was and is a handsome guy with excellent facial bone structure with or without hair.

Frankly, now that he's shaving his head, he's actually a bit hotter than he was during the hairpiece years.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2024 7:22 PM

He looks weird. Not ugly though, and his body type is my type so he could have me.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2024 7:29 PM

The strong Aussie sun is gonna burn his scalp.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2024 7:53 PM

He doesn’t seem a vain worship loving type to me.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2024 9:06 PM

POOR BABY. In the 1990s, when movie stars were getting paid more than they ever would again, he was getting $25 million a picture.

Who gives a fuck wherher he’s recognized or not or if he ever works again?

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 9:41 PM

R28 - apparently he had invested really well with his money in the 70's and early 80's. He was making millions then - which imagine what that would have turned into with proper investment?

The money in the 90s and 2000s were great - but it's just icing on the cake.

Maybe he wants to escape Scientologists - but I heard they have branches in Oz too.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2024 9:59 PM

i thought Scientology was banned in Australia. Or is that a different country I'm thinking of?

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2024 10:08 PM

Travolta doesn't strike me as an attention hog who needs to be recognized and loved.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2024 10:22 PM

R30 - no - apparently it was banned in a couple territories but they changed their name instead. They used and courts said it's a verified religion and is exempt from taxes, etc. in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2024 10:25 PM

France and Germany don't ban them but classify them as a cult or sect and don't give them tax breaks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2024 10:30 PM

It’s true, he supposedly made $9 million in a year on the royalties from the “Grease” soundtrack alone. Olivia made $12 million.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2024 11:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!