Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gee, Officer Krupke, where are you? Juvenile delinquents are out causing mayhem in NYC!

"Last year, there were 4,858 major crimes where a minor was accused or arrested, up from 3,543 in 2017 — a 37 percent increase."

"New York’s rise in youth crime reflects a national problem. While the overall number of violent crimes and homicides in America fell in 2023, arrests of juveniles for similar offenses increased substantially, according to the F.B.I.’s Uniform Crime Report, which collects statistics from around the country."

"“These are the future adults,” he said. “What are these kids going to be like when they’re 20 or 25 years old?”

"The police recently said a group of children, most from Venezuela and some as young as 11, were committing robberies at knife point in Central Park and Times Square."

"On Oct. 4, two boys, 12 and 13, were accused of assaulting David A. Paterson, a former New York governor, and his stepson as they walked through the Upper East Side."

"In that borough, 20 people under 18 had been charged this year with gun crimes through mid-October, with four charged in fatal shootings, according to the Bronx district attorney’s office. Thirty-four children had been shot so far this year, according to office numbers, four fatally."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2024 9:04 PM

Didn't DL New Yorkers insist recently that crime was going down dramatically in the city?

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2024 1:28 AM

No one wants a fella with a social disease!

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2024 1:28 AM

OP posts a lot of stupid stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2024 1:30 AM

'Times Square is their playground'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 1:34 AM

Youfs

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2024 1:40 AM

Their youf keeps them out of jail and allows them to continue committing crimes.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2024 1:46 AM

Couldn't make it in New york, OP? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 1:48 AM

[Quote] Didn't DL New Yorkers insist recently that crime was going down dramatically in the city?

Based on a dubious report perhaps or simply denial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 3:16 AM

Saying that crime has gone done when it hasn’t is pure denial. That’s the kind of bs that feeds the Trump insanity.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 3:22 AM

Oh, r9, you're such a silly noodlehead.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 3:26 AM

Everything is locked up behind glass because crime has gone down.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 3:27 AM

Stabbings and subway assaults are a daily occurrence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 3:28 AM

Adams was the law and order candidate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 3:29 AM

I can't wait until the election is over.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2024 3:30 AM

There's no safe areas in the city anymore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2024 3:30 AM

Westside

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2024 3:32 AM

UES Goldstein said. "I've been practicing in this neighborhood for 37 years. I've never locked my door. But going forward now I don't have much of a choice."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2024 3:37 AM

Defacto has signed out of his multiple black cosplays to get back to the business of shitting on NYC and claiming crime is high here. In fact it’s lower here by a wide margin than in the flyover shithole he’s forced to live in, Pittsburgh, because he doesn’t have what it takes to survive in a more important city.

This story is about crime committed by people under 18. Defacto highlights the 34% increase in crimes committed by minors, but conveniently ignores the fact that minors only commit 3% of the violent crime in the city.

New York remains the safest large city in America. Sorry Defacto. How are you holding up over the weekend? We know they’re very hard for you. So lonely. 💔

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2024 3:41 AM

R10, you’re one of the airheads who allows Trump to stay a viable candidate. If that asshole wins you can count allowing him to run as the anti crime candidate as one reason why it happened. Please don’t counter with back in the day it was worse.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2024 3:41 AM

[Quote] Everything is locked up behind glass because crime has gone down.

subway crime hasn't gone down. Hochul deployed the National Guard to the subway in March as well as increased police presence but it doesn't seem to have made much of an impact.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 3:43 AM

NYC is safe but there has been an increase in crime. It’s quite noticeable and needs to be taken seriously. Every time I think Harris has it in the bag I am reminded how out of touch Democrats are and I fear we get Trump again!

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2024 3:44 AM

Public Enemy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2024 3:47 AM

Suuuure Matt

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2024 3:48 AM

Damn, look at how much higher up the list Pittsburgh is than NYC! NYC is so much better at dealing with crime than Pittsburgh.

And take into account that NYC is a vastly larger city both in terms of area and population, makes the superior LE here even more remarkable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2024 3:58 AM

Our "It's Defacto!" Troll strikes again at R18.

Get a life, Bud.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2024 4:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2024 4:59 AM

Did your “husband” from Max Defacto supply you with that bon mot, big snout?

You’re telling me to get a life is like Liam Payne telling me to stay off balconies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2024 5:16 AM

^^^ your

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 5:17 AM

the victims are young as well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2024 5:27 AM

This Pittsburgh perp was 21 — that town is out of control! Should adopt nyc’s more effective crime fighting strategy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2024 5:31 AM

Dey is good youfs. Dey wuz just on da way to church.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2024 11:38 AM

OP- It can’t be stealing since we now have the legalization of theft.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2024 12:45 PM

Thanks for the daily NYC crime update OP. I hope they are paying you well.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2024 12:49 PM

R33 The update is from the NYTimes. Take it up with them

R27 Our "It's Defacto!" troll is obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2024 1:41 PM

Crime in the big cities isn’t nearly as horrendous as it was several decades ago, but there are issues, and there is a deep set belief out there among the US electorate that crime is bad and the system far too lenient. In NYC today if two teenage boys mug a tourist at knifepoint, and they are caught and arrested, what happens to those teens? Anything? Are they for all intents and purposes free to do it again and again?

Democrats need to confront this with honesty and with policy changes, or lose elections.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2024 1:50 PM

R35 I think democrats need to be smart. They think they can repair a 16 yr old who violently mugs someone. No. You have to start much sooner than that. Shoplifting is one thing. But if you violently mug some Jewish elder Frau on the upper Eastside with a gun at 17, you already are gone. I’m not saying you won’t ever be something in life but 6 months in juvie wont teach you. And this is one thing, bleeding heart liberals will never grasp. Though they should if they’ve ever done any type of extensive sociology.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2024 1:56 PM

I'd wager that maybe 1 out of every 100 young criminals arrested for a violent crime can have their trajectory corrected by keeping them out of the jail system or giving them a slap on the wrist for their destructive choices. What Sunday school vhs tape are people watching that makes them think any violent offender will magically turn things around for themselves if the justice system is lenient to them? The USA has never been a country in which the vast majority are on the same page regarding some national sense of right and wrong, and this misguided tolerance of criminal behavior and the softening of legal consequences no doubt makes it incredibly confusing to any kids who have to grow up seeing all this dishonest bullshit their adults pantomime every day.

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2024 5:51 PM

The 'catch and release'/ bail reform system instituted in 2020 in New York City might prove you wrong R37. Crime increased after that and many of the crimes were committed by repeat offenders. The 37-year-old man seen below was arrested and to the surprise of few he had 21 previous arrests!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2024 7:02 PM

Most of the criminals are POC, so any attempt to be strict with them risks being viewed as “racism”.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2024 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!