Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liam Payne is Dead To Me - Part II

Continue here...

I am a Larry Shipper, a Larry believer if you will/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2024 3:26 AM

"He's like LITERALLY dead."

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2024 11:29 PM

The girlfriend never should have left him alone in Buenos Aires. What the hell was she thinking. If it is true that people were working out the timing for an intervention, she would have known about that. It's incredibly maddening that she left him there alone. I'm sure she feels sick about it, and, well, she should.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2024 11:30 PM

He’s “literally” so kissable

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2024 11:30 PM

[quote] He’s “literally” so kissable

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2024 11:31 PM

An intervention wouldn't have worked, he walked out of The Priory after 2 days just a few months ago. I think that was the final straw for his label, who saw they were not going to recoup on their investment.

Nothing prevented him from leaving with her except he was on a bender. He'd already been kicked out of another hotel.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2024 11:46 PM

Dove soap box was how hotel staff supplied Payne with drugs. Now 2 people are being investigated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2024 12:11 AM

Hmm, it was nothing new though, he'd been in and out of rehabs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 12:20 AM

Wonder if the email that set him off was re: his visa being rejected? So he couldn't return to Florida?

To claim he was clean leading up to his death seems a stretch. Any tests would have been +.

Going to Argentina to get his visa renewed seems like a really odd and poor choice if it left him stuck there.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 12:23 AM

It wasn’t his girlfriend’s job to babysit him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 12:24 AM

More here, claims visa tests showed he was clean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 12:25 AM

Sounds like visa process took longer than expected but was going through, but he died shortly before he was to collect it at the embassy so he could return to Florida.

He had to have medical tests and see a psychiatrist before the visa would be renewed. Surprisingly, he was clean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 12:30 AM

That seems at odds with friends being so concerned "recently" that they were going to stage an intervention.

Was he able to somehow fake the clean tests for visa? Because otherwise the timelines don't match.

I predict the tox results will be shocking.

Body may still be in Argentina for up to 2 weeks while autopsy and tox tests are finalized. .

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 12:33 AM

More details re: visa issues and timing here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 12:35 AM

I wondered why there was a box of Dove soap on the table.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2024 12:35 AM

Couldn't he have just returned to the US via Kamala's open border?

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2024 12:50 AM

He could always have gone back to the UK to renew visa but did not seem to want to do so.

I could see Kate being annoyed at the delays, want to leave, etc. but she seems like a flake. Will be hard to live with her choice.

There are other reports of a loud fight and him begging her not to leave. Given how needy he seemed with strangers in the lobby, seems possible.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2024 1:10 AM

Girlfriend best get some moving boxes. She isn't gonna have $ for a mansion as a waitress. Shoulda protected her income stream. Shoddy gold-digger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2024 1:21 AM

[quote]. I'm sure she feels sick about it, and, well, she should.

I'm sure he'd bummed out too.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2024 1:26 AM

She could write a tell all to try and make more money off him

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2024 1:27 AM

His face was very symmetrical.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 1:30 AM

He looked so differrnt from the boy of his youth

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]One hopes Liam's son has enough self-control as he ages that he doesn't Google "Liam Payne death photo" one night while high or drinking with his mates. Once you've seen it. you can never unsee it.

I saw it this afternoon and have already forgotten about it. He didn't explode like a watermelon dropped from the roof of a six story building. Other than the pool of blood around his head, he looks fine. If you have ever seen a person seriously bleeding from an accident in real life, it's no more memorable than that.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2024 1:42 AM

I'm glad the U.S. tries to keep out foreign druggies. Liam's behavior shows why it's a good thing to keep such people out.

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2024 1:44 AM

I want to know more about this Roger. Somewhere I read his manager was named Roger, same guy as the one apologizing for him? Why did HE leave? Was he a PnP type too? He got him back upstairs, then he came back down and fell flat on his face with no reflex. Where was Roger while he was using in between?

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2024 1:46 AM

I meant once his son were to see it, he could never unsee it, R22. Better for him to not ever see it at all cuz once it's in there, it'd always be there.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2024 1:50 AM

r22 "I saw it this afternoon and have already forgotten about it."

Are you his son? No. Why would you think your reaction would be the same as his child's? You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2024 1:56 AM

The most memorable thing about his death photo is that he’s wearing a purse

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2024 3:15 AM

[QUOTE] The girlfriend never should have left him alone in Buenos Aires. What the hell was she thinking.

Always blaming the woman. If you read his ex's book you'd know that Liam Payne goes into violent rages when he's on drugs. He chased his ex with an axe, smashing up the house as he went. His current girlfriend would probably have been harmed if she'd stayed.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 6:13 AM

[QUOTE] Nothing prevented him from leaving with her except he was on a bender. He'd already been kicked out of another hotel.

Kate also wanted to get back to the rescue dog they adopted last month. She said on Tiktok that Liam had told her they'd only be in Argentina for 5 days and it had stretched to two weeks. She posted about missing the dog twice whilst in Buenos Aires and the first thing she posted when she got back to Miami on the 14th was her and the dog on the car on the way back from the boarding kennels. Captioned it Besties Reunited. Hope the dog, Nala, is a comfort to her now.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2024 6:18 AM

*in the car before I get oh deared

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2024 6:19 AM

[QUOTE] want to know more about this Roger. Somewhere I read his manager was named Roger, same guy as the one apologizing for him? Why did HE leave? Was he a PnP type too? He got him back upstairs, then he came back down and fell flat on his face with no reflex. Where was Roger while he was using in between?

As already explained on the other thread, Roger Nores is a rich Argentinan businessman. Forbes describe him as 'an energy tycoon'. This info is in all the articles. He'd been friends with Liam since they met when Liam was in Buenos Aires for Louis Tomlinson's concert in May. Liam posted a photo tagged with his name in June.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2024 6:25 AM

[quote] Kate also wanted to get back to the rescue dog they adopted last month.

Was it a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2024 6:47 AM

Yes she is a rescue dog. They linked the rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2024 7:04 AM

"Aaron Carter: Part Deux". Post-success but a little money left. Not very bright. Bimbo leech girlfriends, substance abuse, tattoos, isolation. Arguing with fans online, selfies, more tattoos...

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2024 8:08 AM

r2 is desperate to blame a woman - any woman - for the actions of a man. Funny how there's no criticism there for his male friends who left him alone. Nope, it's only women who should be taking responsibility for the actions of a straight man's actions.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2024 9:51 AM

Not responsibility, R35. Just concern. An abundance of concern. Living with someone is different than just dating someone. Leaving someone you live with and traveled there with, alone in another country, to return alone to the home you share with them, is wayyyy different than some fairly new local Argentinian friend leaving the hotel at 3:30pm to go back to his local home. I'm just saying, male or female, if they came on the trip together and there was a sense that Liam was spiraling emotionally, one may have thought twice. Or not. Because hey, you're right. It is no one's job as an adult to babysit another adult, or to protect someone from themselves.

But in the absence of context, which we now have, it seemed strange that she would leave him alone to languish in BA.

Anyway, now that we know about the visa situation and the rescue dog that had been languishing in a kennel, it is all moot. It makes more sense why the trip was dragging out so long, why she wanted to get home and get their dog, why he was forced to stay.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2024 12:01 PM

The context was always there. You just didn't even try to seek it out before deciding a woman had to be blamed.

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2024 2:09 PM

R36 you've never had to deal with a drug addict, alcoholic, or mentally ill partner or close friend. Sometimes you have to walk out on them.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2024 2:26 PM

Was Payne going broke or did he have 40 million. It's not clear.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2024 2:28 PM

Bullshit, R37. Context of the visa and the rescue dog is "breaking news." He could have been gay and my first thought as a recovering codependent would have still been, "Why did they leave him alone in Buenos Aires?" Says more about my fucked up relationship tendencies than about your perceived misogyny. I do realize now that it is no one's job to "save" another person. My codependent instinct was "stay and babysit" but of course that is not healthy, and I appreciate the reality check for that. Otherwise, fuck of with the "blame the woman" bs because again, if he were gay I'd have had the same first thought.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2024 2:45 PM

r40 We can all see your post history - from the previous thread:

[quote]This Maya girl who he was supposedly harassing and stalking is 23 and as such, thinks if you don't share it with the world, it didn't happen. No one needed to know any of this publicly. The man was very sick in his addiction and just needed help. So if she is drowning in hate mail currently, she brought it on herself.

You've gone out of your way to try and put blame on two different women now, and not once blaming Payne himself for his own choices. But keep claiming not to have a problem with women.

Hardly a surprise to also see you're one of the morons who thought he was gay and there was a sex tape of him with another guy.

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2024 2:53 PM

And I also stand by that, in the sense that whether it is a woman or a man, putting your dirty business on the internet invites all of the horrible responses that will come. My comment is not a man/woman thing. It's a Gen Z living and breathing social media thing.

Again, if it was a male lover and he, too, was posting all of his private stuff online, I would be having the same response. Because I am a 51 year old adult who thinks that living live on social media is an affliction. And if you don't want the backlash, stay private and don't invite the entire globe into your issues.

It's too bad that Liam had more money than sense, and it's awful that he was abusive to his ex. She really needed to alert the authorities rather than write a semi-fictional book, make TikToks and monetize her struggles for five seconds of fame. I will never not find it utterly abhorrent that she chose that path over dealing with things privately.

This is NOT about misogyny. I know how I feel about women, and I am now doing the very thing that I caution against, which is engaging with ignorant strangers online. I appreciate you being the gatekeeper and watchdog for Datalounge, on behalf of all women, but you've got the wrong guy. My only crime is just being too old to either understand or appreciate any of the choices that any of these kiddos have made in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2024 3:21 PM

I don’t know why I’m here. I’m a Larry shipper. A Larry believer, if you will. But I was not a 1D fan and Liam was always “the other one.” Zayne was ethnic and Niall was the blond. But Liam? Didn’t really register.

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2024 3:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2024 4:30 PM

Pink cocaine is the drug that Diddy was putting in peoples' drinks. I guess it's a party drug?

by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2024 5:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2024 5:40 PM

How tacky. Druggies should stick to naturals and well known simple synthetics. Or prescription meds.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2024 5:44 PM

r42 You might want to reflect on the fact that you decided to spend more time criticising a woman for detailing her abuse, whilst the closest you came to criticising the man who was responsible for the abuse is saying it (not he) was "awful". Similar to how you criticised his girlfriend for not remaining with him, but zero criticism from you for his behaviour, addictions and failure to treat either.

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2024 5:47 PM

Liam Payne’s toxicology test results showed that the former One Direction singer had a cocktail of drugs in his system at the time of his tragic death, according to a new report.

A partial autopsy found that Payne had substances including cocaine, crack and benzodiazepine, which is a type of depressant, in his body when he fell to his death from a hotel balcony in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Oct. 16, sources told ABC News Monday.

The test also found “pink cocaine,” a recreational drug that typically mixes methamphetamine, ketamine, MDMA and others, per the outlet.

- Page Six

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2024 5:47 PM

Someone posted as "louiswalsh" on Mail Online and said Roger was taking advantage of Louis, told him to dump his PR, dud a deal with Snapchat to host all Liam's content, made Liam do content with the girlfriend that Liam didn't want to do. Roger was taking over his life as a new manager and isolating Liam, this poster said. Also said previous manager used Liam to promote a gym in London, he was around people who just took advantage, enabled the drug taking and made bad decisions for him.

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2024 5:49 PM

I listened to his LP1 album over the weekend, out of curiosity. It wasn't bad, I didn't think. Not really my kind of pop music but I don't think it was any worse than a lot of pop music that seems to do well, especially with younger people.

Did it sell so poorly that the record company gave up on a second album? Or was it his unreliable behavior that contributed to the decision to drop him? I am interested in that aspect of the story.

Apart from Harry Styles and his success since the 1D days, I don't think the other members have sold very well, either. I can't imagine Niall Horan is doing more than scraping by these days, since under normal circumstances I rarely hear his name mentioned in the press.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2024 5:57 PM

The first couple years of Zayne solo were very interesting and sometimes pretty.

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2024 6:00 PM

The others have a decent first week and then drop off the charts. Harry is the only one who sticks around for months and gets platinum certificates.

Niall's last album The Show debuted in the US with 80k. Stayed on the Billboard 200 for two weeks.

Louis' last album Faith in the Future debuted with 43k. Stayed on BB 200 for two weeks.

Zayn's last album Room Under the Stairs debuted with 30k. Stayed on the BB200 for a week.

Harry's House debuted with 521k. Stayed on the BB200 for over a year.

by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2024 6:42 PM

LP1 sold 9.5k in its debut week.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2024 6:43 PM

What a rubbish album title

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2024 6:57 PM

"Larry" meant Louis and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2024 7:02 PM

R48. Drop it. I come on here to casually chat about popular culture, I don't come on here to bare my soul to strangers and dig deep about this shit. If I knew any of these people personally I am sure I would be more thorough and thoughtful in my assessments and my wording. But I will maintain until my last breath that his ex, Maya, should have gone to the authorities rather than to TikTok to manage her business. Assault and harassment, being chased with an axe, it's very serious -- and yet she drained the severity of it all by writing a semi-fictionalized book about it and going on TikTok to bitch about him blowing up her phone. She chose to write the book and monetize her trauma, while preening for the camera in her Lulu Lemon. None of the women in my life who have experienced trauma would have dreamt of dealing with their abuser or their trauma by making TikToks and penning a thinly-veiled "fictional" book. If her boyfriend hadn't been famous I am sure she would not have aired things out so publicly. She did so, because he was famous and she was piggybacking off of that fame to put herself in the public eye. So yes, I struggle to accept that this young woman was truly "traumatized." If she is truly traumatized, I need the phone number of her therapist because she seems like she's doing amazing.

I have also already apologized for initially assigning the role of babysitter to the current girlfriend. I told you, that was me slipping into a codependent headspace and I quickly realized that was not the right call.

Obviously Liam Payne was a danger to himself and potentially others (though no other women have ever come forward suggesting abuse). However, in spite of his obvious mental illness, aggression and addiction issues, I can't feel much besides compassion for the guy, considering the photo I saw of him yesterday, splayed out lifeless on a hotel patio in Argentina. If she were not a 20-something famewhore she might have understood the gravity of his situation and kept things private between her, him, her family, his family, and the authorities. It's pretty clear now that he was in a death spiral and she chose to grab her fifteen minutes off the back of someone in a death spiral.

You really just need to let this go now.

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2024 7:41 PM

Compassion for the abusive druggie, nothing but criticism for the woman he victimised. In fact, now blaming her for his own actions that led to his death.

By all means, keep proving my point.

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote] Compassion for the abusive druggie

I don’t for druggies, especially foreign druggies.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote]Roger was taking over his life as a new manager and isolating Liam, this poster said. Also said previous manager used Liam to promote a gym in London, he was around people who just took advantage, enabled the drug taking and made bad decisions for him.

Sounds like what Sam Lutfi was doing with Britney.

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2024 8:25 PM

I'm too old for 1D and was only fleetingly aware of the whole Larry thing. I've just been reading up on it - Jesus Christ. Some of the fans were actually claiming that Louis's son was a doll, because they couldn't cope with the idea that he'd got a woman pregnant. Apparently the conspiracy actually fucked up Harry & Louis's friendship, because the knowledge that their every interaction was being analysed made them uncomfortable around each other. What is wrong with some people?

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2024 9:44 PM

R61 Adolescent girls have always been nuts over boy bands. But throw the internet into the mix and you have exponential insanity nowadays. They have had cases in which adolescent girls obsessed over some fictitious nonsense like "Slenderman" to the point that they couldn't tell reality from fantasy and stabbed their friend half to death thinking it would appease someone totally imaginary. Imagining wild things about boy band members isn't surprising to me at all.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2024 10:14 PM

ID fans are lightweights. For hardcore stanning, see the "Briize" fandom- fans of Kpop idol band Riize. Riize debuted as a seven member outfit. One, Seunghan, caused uproar in Korea when photos of his pre-debut antics leaked. These were: smoking on the street in Japan ( unlawful, as he was underage), putting a restaurant napkin on his head in a selfie (looked like a was mocking the Japanese people) and kissing a girl in a love motel. So he got put on hiatus. A few weeks ago it was announced he was returning. Conservative Korean fans went nuclear on his and the management's asses, bought a ton of Korean funeral wreaths and delivered them to the company. Sample comments on the wreaths: "Evil member Seunghan OUT"

It worked, he had to quit. Now BTS fans are delivering funeral wreaths to force member Suga out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2024 10:27 PM

Speaking of members…

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2024 11:43 PM

Does anyone else find it strange that his head landed on his murse?

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2024 11:54 PM

R34, I got that same A Carter vibe from Liam's spiral.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2024 12:08 AM

Aaron Carter’s spiral was more due to childhood sexual abuse, and then confusion over sexual identity. He tried to come out do the closet once and then went back in. He also had an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2024 12:12 AM

He wasn’t cute anymore.

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2024 12:14 AM

Look for severe childhood disturbances associated with sexual abuse. Our Aaron wasn't born a druggie; he was made one through years of systematic abuse. Aaron hated his own identity, you see, and he thought that made him a homosexual. But his pathology was a thousand times more than Fred Savage and more terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2024 12:19 AM

R51: none of them trouble the charts much apart from Harry Styles but all of them, apart from Liam, were/are making a decent living out of touring. I was surprised by the size of the venues Niall is playing when I looked just now (as in they’re big) and based on that he’s more than scraping by. Even Louis manages to tour the world and play decent enough sized venues.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2024 12:29 AM

Does the Ass of Louis Tomlinson go on tour?

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2024 12:34 AM

[quote]but all of them, apart from Liam, were/are making a decent living out of touring.

Has Zayn ever toured?

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2024 1:21 AM

So he had gone to some trouble to renew his visa, had 1 more appt Thursday, was then due to get stamp on Fri so he could leave Argentina and go back to FL and got that f*d up on a cocktail of loads of drugs then jumped to his death late Wed? Talk @ self-destructive! Why not wait until he was back in FL? If he hadn't died but got kicked out of hotel with lots of press for being f&d up, likely no visa, NO FL.

I have seen Roger referred to as his "manager." Reminds me not just of Sam and Britney but the Colonel and Elvis. Rich addicts are easy to control

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2024 1:26 AM

Has anyone heard this song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2024 1:32 AM

Has anyone heard this song?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2024 1:32 AM

Sadly R59 that doesn’t seem to be much of an exaggeration.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2024 1:32 AM

Still haven’t found the death pic.

Benzos are used for an easy come down from uppers.

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2024 1:36 AM

R77, it was linked in the prior thread.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2024 1:51 AM

The pic was removed from that link.

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2024 1:57 AM

R79 Pics are removed quick

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2024 2:05 AM

R72: yeah I didn’t think he had but read the other day he’s postponed 5-6 US dates in the next few weeks and then he’s doing some UK ones, all sold out, though admittedly not massive venues. Still, keeps the money coming in.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2024 2:11 AM

Zayn just postponed his current tour and will resume in Jan. Don't ask me wtf he sings, I just read that he postponed.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2024 3:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!