Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Eagles documentary on Amazon Prime

Really well-done. Glenn Frey was a hot smokin' piece of meat back in the day. Don Henley seems like a prim school marm!

Joe Walsh seems dim but nice.

Poor Randy Meisner did not age well. He had a fabulous voice.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2024 2:01 AM

ummmmm anyone

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2024 12:37 AM

Hipster straight guys are always sooooo proud of hating the Eagles and their music. I think it's jealousy, at least in part.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2024 12:45 AM

As long as I don't have to hear a single note of any of their horrid songs.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2024 12:48 AM

What documentary are you talking about? History of the Eagles, Parts 1 and 2?

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 12:49 AM

r4 yup

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2024 3:06 PM

i love don henley

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2024 4:47 PM

Glenn Frey was so HOT back in the day. Man.

Glenn and Don both sounded like fucking egomanical assholes-- especially Don.

I hate how the band did not riff or change up songs live. They play every song, the same way, just like the records.

Just a boring group of Boomers that now come across very overrated. I feel the same way about Fleetwood Mac- particularly Mick and Stevie- two assholes.. Although their music for me, is not overrated-

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 4:51 PM

Don Henley is one of the biggest assholes to ever live.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 4:54 PM

Because of this post, I purchased it. Recommend if you are a fan. Agree Henley and Glen Frye (sp) come across as huge assholes, Joe Walsh seems like a nice guy who was out of his mind on drugs, and that Don Meisner (sp) guy had bedroom eyes for days. Woof!

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 6:11 PM

^ I meant Don Felder, not Meisner.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 6:57 PM

R10- Agree- about Don!

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 6:58 PM

TBH, I didn't see how Frey was an ass at all. He seemed pretty down-to-earth and relatable. Henley seemed like a stuck-up priss pot.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 9:35 PM

I guess upon further reflection it was just that Frey was really playing up his alpha-male thing in the doc.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 9:44 PM

Randy Meisner died a lonesome death.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2024 9:54 PM

Glenn Frey was so fucking HOT back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2024 9:57 PM

I never get tired of listening to Felder and Walsh's guitars at the end of Hotel California.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2024 10:00 PM

Don Henley is such a humorless fuss budget.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2024 10:04 PM

R7 They didn't change up the songs live because Henley was a micromanager.

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2024 10:04 PM

OK, I did see Parts 1 and 2, a while ago.

I'm also about 1/4th of the way through Don Felder's book, but I'm not expecting much. He had to take some parts out via his $ettlement with the Eagles. IMO, Don was probably the most attractive back then, but he's had some obvious plastic surgery and he got married to a young trophy wife.

Joe Walsh just seems kind of pitiful. A man who "needs" a job, is not very good with money, and who had to be forced to get sober (but at least he did get sober). That said, he seems like the nicest of the Eagles. On Howard Stern, he eviscerated Stevie Nicks' true love story about the two. His version, in a nutshell, was that it was a situational road pussy type of relationship (they were touring together) and Stevie did help him with his solo album. He said they were monogamous for an entire summer. (Wow!)

Joe is married to the sister of Ringo Starr's wife.

Both Don and Glen came off really bad. I can understand why they felt entitled to more money. They did seem like the most disciplined of the group. They had the business minds (the show must go on) when Randy Meisner was refusing to sing "Take it to the limit."

Glen said: "Do you think I want to sing Peaceful Easy Feeling every night?" That was hilarious, but Glen, that song is easy to sing compared to Take it to the Limit.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2024 10:08 PM

Didn't Meisner damage his vocal cords from hitting all the high notes?

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 10:16 PM

Don Henley seemed like he was on trial during that documentary. He seemed as tho he was being deposed.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2024 10:18 PM

Yup, he was so defensive. Not sure why he even took part in the documentary. I guess he and Glen knew that they wanted to get their side of the story out but didn't know how asshole-ish both would appear to be.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2024 10:32 PM

frey at. least seemed to have a sense of humor, albeit an ego. henley was arrogant and also humorless. THE WORK!!

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2024 10:52 PM

apparently randy meisner was in some sort of horrible marriage where he was manipulated by a money grubbing second wife and alienated from his chldren.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2024 10:53 PM

I love their music. I always have. They just have or had a sound I still love.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2024 10:58 PM

Which ones did Stevie Nicks fuck? All of them?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2024 10:58 PM

Joe Walsh and Don Henley, r26.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2024 11:18 PM

Don Henley was the father of the baby Stevie aborted.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 11:23 PM

JOHNNIE COME LATELY

THE NEW KID IN TOWWWWWWWWWN

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2024 12:16 AM

I know people who HATE The Eagles - hate them.

I loved them, early on - bought their On the Border album which I still enjoy, but man did they (Frey & Henley) become self-important before during and after Hotel California. Insufferalbe.

And then they coasted and coasted and coasted, remaining self-important.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2024 12:36 AM

R26, Don Henley. She wasn't some where, either. It'd be easy to fall in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2024 12:38 AM

I like the eerie Eagles like Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane but not so much the country Eagles.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2024 1:37 AM

" whore" not where.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2024 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!