Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JLo Plans Another Album! Another Tour! She Wants That Oscar!

"I think voters may want to give her the award now, they feel she has been through a lot."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2024 5:03 PM

Good luck

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2024 4:53 PM

The source added that fans can look forward to "a greatest hits tour with all the razzle dazzle" and that the star "will slip into all those sexy outfits and look fantastic."

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2024 5:07 PM

I'll give her the bird.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2024 5:11 PM

"Jen wanted the Oscar for Hustlers and felt she deserved it,"

Of that I have no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2024 5:19 PM

She really hasn’t gotten the hints. When you’ve been through four divorces, are 55, and recently had to cancel a tour for lack of interest, it’s time to consider fading gracefully into obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2024 5:34 PM

She’s been through a lot. But she’s put us all through more. No Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2024 5:40 PM

She was overexposed for a very long time, and peaked with being involved with Alex Rodriguez .

It boils down to ticket sales, demand, and being dewy faced. Jlo isn’t dewy faced anymore, and has a wizened hardness to her now. She also cannot escape the stank of being involved with Diddy. I think aside from middle aged Latinas, much of her audience has moved on.

Any demographic that overlaps Taylor Swift’s audience is dead in the water, I would also argue there are a dozen artists a concert producer could put in the driving seat for a quarter of her price, and no hassles.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2024 5:49 PM

Narcissists never give up and they never give in.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] The source continued that "Jen wanted the Oscar for Hustlers and felt she deserved it," giving her additional motivation to nab an award next year. "It helps that she is now seen as the victim in the Affleck split," the insider added. "I think voters may want to give her the award now, they feel she has been through a lot."

Actually, she had little to no sympathy during her split with Affleck. If anything, people were relieved he was finally away from the gasping cunt. No one likes this putana.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2024 5:52 PM

Her last album this year debuted and peaked at #38 and was on the charts for a week!

Why waste the money on recording another one!

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2024 5:58 PM

R7 Jlo has not been with Diddy in over 20 years, yo. You sound crazy. And I’m not even a big Jlo fan but I do think she is much better actress than singer. Not she is not on the level of G or Angela Basset but she has something and overall that movie star personna.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote] You sound crazy.

And you ARE crazy, you lying junkie piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2024 6:04 PM

R12 Yawn. Get help for your insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2024 6:06 PM

Jlo should realize that she has no market for albums. Just release the odd single and hope it's a hit

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2024 6:07 PM

Her smoke and mirrors act has been exposed. People know that she can’t really sing and is a merely fair actress at best. Let her keep humiliating herself. I for one am loving it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2024 6:12 PM

R11, REALLY???

Jlo hasn’t said anything, no comment defending or anything else. She’s supposed to empower and support women, so her silence is deafening regarding Diddy, especially about the night with the shooting in the club and hiding a gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2024 6:21 PM

She's always crying about an Oscar, her love life, etc...

When will she realize people don't give a shit about her tiresome ass?

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2024 6:22 PM

I'm so tired of her in these movies where she's going rambo or running around the woods with perfectly laid hair and professional makeup.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2024 6:24 PM

Jlo's blindness to her own average talents has probably helped drive her so far

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2024 6:32 PM

I watched the documentary about the movie about the album that she made. She cries in it several times which is fun.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2024 6:33 PM

Why doesn’t she just enjoy her money and her family? She can do whatever she wants and it’s obvious the publics not interested

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2024 6:50 PM

She needs to start with a new Vegas residency. She would be a HUGE draw in Vegas and she could reestablish herself as a great live performer.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2024 6:55 PM

Her new album is called "This Will End in Tears."

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2024 6:56 PM

I want to see a Spider Woman trailer.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] She needs to start with a new Vegas residency. She would be a HUGE draw in Vegas and she could reestablish herself as a great live performer.

There's probably a market for that. Not like Celine Dion.

JLo would probably lip sync. But she's in good physical shape and could probably still move around the stage with her backup dancers.

You're never going to see JLo "Unplugged" with a guitar and microphone.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2024 7:18 PM

^^^She did a hugely successful residency in Vegas. I don't know why she hasn't returned. I mean it's not like the desert air would damage her vocal chords -- she doesn't even use them.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2024 7:27 PM

I wonder if she'll try to do a Christmas album?

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2024 7:39 PM

J.Lo Navidad!

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2024 7:43 PM

The amount of time she wasted getting all made attending the opening of envelopes and posting filtered selfies like a teenager makes her look pathetic

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2024 7:52 PM

This tramp got by on no talent for years. She should take her millions and thank her lucky stars.

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2024 7:54 PM

She definitely has personality disorders. Can’t wait for her to be dragged into the Diddy mess.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2024 7:55 PM

Her desperation don’t cost a thing!

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2024 8:19 PM

There's no way she'll ever win an Oscar. The industry hates her.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2024 8:23 PM

Tacos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2024 8:24 PM

Yea I agree R33 I think that cost her any chance of a nom for Hustlers, she has not been easy to work with

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2024 8:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2024 11:27 AM

I think she gave her best acting performance in Hustlers. I don't think she's a good actor but I completely bought her as a hardened stripper. She didn't deserve an Oscar but I can understand why she wanted more recognition for that movie. Please don't kill me.

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2024 3:22 PM

No. It will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2024 3:34 PM

R37 I agree. Laura Dern's winning turn that year for Marriage Story was pretty unmemorable but JLO didn't merit a win either

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2024 3:51 PM

She's in her pure self-delusion era.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2024 4:51 PM

R39. Laura Dern is two things Lopez just can’t be; reliable and likable.

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2024 4:58 PM

R41 I don't disagree. I just find her performance forgettable and in a stronger year wouldn't have been worth a nom. Marriage Story was an overhyped update of Kramer vs Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2024 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!