Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Famous general sells out his country for consulting $$$, per DL fave Adam Kinzinger

Sad and infuriating. What we pretty much knew all along, but having it confirmed is still a bit of a gut punch. Doesn't this somehow violate the Oath they took to the Constitution or are they unbound from it upon retirement? Craven, greedy, and I disagree with Kinzinger, immoral, too.

Any guesses on who the famous general is?

[QUOTE]I once spoke to a famous former general, who told me that getting involved in this Presidential race would damage my ability to make money in consulting/ private equity (not something I’ve pursued) because “companies are risk averse and Trump may win again. This is why I’m not too outspoken.”

[QUOTE]Very disappointing, but at the same time a good lesson in why so many remain silent. Because they don’t want to pay a price. They would rather cash out. Not immoral, but sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 6:18 PM

Kinzinger says it's not immoral. His faith says otherwise:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows"

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2024 4:20 PM

Talk about not seeing the big picture...in what world does he think he'll be working if Trump wins?

Also, he better hope Trump doesn't have him on an enemies list. And what does he think about his family living in a Trump world?

Jeeezuz. For a famous former general, he's pretty stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2024 4:30 PM

Clearly it's Michael Flynn - who people call a General, but he was only Lieutenant General status in military. I believe you may have General status if you're in the cabinet or appointed?

Or the press just shortened it and elevated his position - which wouldn't be surprising.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2024 4:41 PM

General Zod

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2024 4:42 PM

It is definitely not Mike Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2024 4:43 PM

As R5 says, it's not Flynn. He's a part of the cult.

Most people are hoping - in vain - for him to be recalled from retirement and stripped of his pension.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2024 4:55 PM

Yet that same ret. General surely calls himself a "patriot", when he is not. He is an opportunist and a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2024 5:19 PM

Mattis maybe? He's got a new younger wifey to take care of.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 4:56 PM

If you think it's Mike Flynn you are clearly not paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 6:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!