Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fanatical: The Catfishing of Tegan and Sara

Anyone else watching this documentary? We are about two thirds through it. It’s terrifying, but also fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 12:06 AM

I had no idea about any of this. Lesbian drama!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2024 11:37 AM

Does this story have any crab walking soft butch sous chefs?

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2024 11:48 AM

Wow. I feel so bad for them. They're great. They look fantastic, hardly aged in ten years.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2024 11:49 AM

Spoiler: The call was coming from inside the house. It was Sara all along.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2024 11:50 AM

Thanks for the recommendation, ElderLez. It was interesting. But I think the story would have been told better by Nev and Max.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2024 12:42 PM

The Maine person wow, just wow. That’s so beyond normal lesbian drama.

It seems like (now that I am going down the rabbit hole on the topic) “Tara” may have been a self given nom du plume from its twincest fanfic days rather than a cover name created by the filmmaker. I don’t get why they decided it wasn’t Fegan.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2024 11:37 PM

Hated it!

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2024 12:14 AM

I watched this last night and feel like I have more questions than answers. First, it was a little hard to follow who all the suspects were and the trail of clues. (Who was Mark? It seemed like he was the Maine person and then suddenly it was Tara. There was also the mom of one of the potential Fegans, which I wasn't clear on.) But more importantly, why would anyone go through this much effort to impersonate Tegan? I know we'll never get an answer without them finding the person, but it would have been nice to hear from an expert as to what kind of psychosis this person is clearly suffering from.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2024 3:27 PM

I think it wasn’t clear because they don’t know, but I am assuming that Mark is Tara.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2024 9:41 PM

It was interesting at the end it said something like they think “one of” the Fegans is in the UK - do they think there are multiple Fegans? I don’t know how you couldn’t hire a forensics expert to determine where, for example, someone was getting your personal pics and demos. It seems obvious that those are coming from your devices or cloud storage. And the fact that someone had pics of their passports photo pages? You’d think the call was coming from inside the house and that a forensics expert - or hell, a 14 year-old hacker - could find the receipts in no time.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2024 9:48 PM

100 percent it's that JT chick. She grew up in group homes, likely has an attachment disorder. Meets the one twin briefly - her one shot at being special. The twin is doing everything JT wants out of life - has close family, a loving mother (JTs mother gave her up and one of the things Fegan did was tell people twin's mother had cancer). She has fame, money and is in the music business. She couldn't have the twin so she became the twin. I feel she gave herself away when she basically said she needed an apology from the twin. That's what stalkers do, force you to talk to them, to notice them.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2024 11:40 PM

I thought the apology thing was just part of her attachment disorder. I didn’t think she was Fegan, just especially vulnerable to Fegan.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2024 11:53 PM

r11 without seeing a second of this I'll agree with you. Some people are fucked [bold]up.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2024 11:58 PM

Are all lesbians so serious? Everyone of the those interviewees was dank as fuck.

I liked the investigator/producer-

JT was scary as an alley cat..

I checked out some of their music. Pretty derivative.

And those 2007 era haircuts were an abomination. I am surprised that those hairstyles did not drive more lesbian women to penises!

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 12:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!