Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Sagittarius sign.

This symbol connects me to ancient Babylon, Hebrew and other symbolic tribes of different cultures that adopted the zodiac from Babylon.

To me it represents our universal tribal belonging, transcending culture and time.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2024 4:07 PM

Saggitarians tend to be very arrogant and selfish. I've had 4 in my life and that's my experience with them all.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2024 1:18 AM

I'm a Sag and the last thing people would call me is arrogant and selfish (as a matter of fact, most of my friends tell me I'm too 'kind and giving' to those who least deserve it). I do fit the description to a T which Linda Goodman writes about in her book 'Sun Signs'.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2024 1:36 AM

No offense to you, r2. That is just my experience. These were my observations of this sign.

To be fair, I have a very limited familial and social circle (my parents were both only children so no close cousins, aunts or uncles to speak of and I only have one sibling). Included among these Sags were a father, an ex-husband, a father-in-law (of sorts, from a long term relationship) and a long-term relationship partner, who were all male. No females that I can recall though.

I always thought it was weird that I had so many of these people with the exact same birthday/sign (4 of 4).

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2024 1:45 AM

My husband and I are both Sag. , 28 years together. Typical Sag, we love to travel as much and often as possible and love dogs, and somehow managed to avoid the Sag trait of gambling. Our birthdays are 3 days apart, always around Thanksgiving. I make one bday cake for both that doubles as Thanksgiving dessert (gingerbread cake) .

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2024 2:14 AM

I'm a Sagittarius and I never want to travel, I must have been born on the cusp or something.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2024 1:55 PM

R5 It also depends on your 'moon sign' and your 'rising sign'. All three make up the personality, and 'who' people see when you meet them.

I'm not big on travelling either - have done some when necessary, but never had the urge to stray far away from home for a week or so. I've been told time and time again it's my 'Taurus moon sign' which has dominated those thoughts of travel (Taurus is a true home-body personality). I also have escaped the attraction to gambling - again, I've been told it is the Taurus moon sign which has ruled my 'house of finances' - and Taureans are known to be financially responsible (which helped me with my small business for 25 years).

R4 My birthday is always around Thanksgiving, too. I was born the day after Thanksgiving (when Thanksgiving was celebrated on the very last Thursday of November, that changed to the fourth Thursday shortly after I was born). This year, my birthday is the day after Thanksgiving once again, which means I will be forgotten...again.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2024 3:29 PM

r6, for our shared Bday/Turkey Day desserts, I try and alternate between a frozen pumpkin cheesecake thing or gingerbread cake (Americas test kitchen recipe, awesome) , pumpkin/chocolate cake. and NO, I am not Greg (Gerg). LOL

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2024 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!