Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What the hell? Facial piercings!?!? Can someone explain them to me please

Explain the thought process of a white person getting a nose ring. Are they really saying to themselves, so many people will want to fuck me now. Or I look so mysterious and exotic with the fucking hoop in a nostril. And no one will ever think how disgusting it must be to blow your nose.

And what about earrings in someone’s eyebrow. Do people actually think that makes me much more fuckable now? Or weird piercings in the middle of someone’s cheeks, like the chick in True Detective Season Five. Or piercing the uppermost part of your ear? Or getting ten piercings on the same earlobe? Are you supposed to be more fuckable? If not, I just don’t get it. And it looks just awful.

What is the thought process? Help me understand.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2024 1:57 AM

"White people"? What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 11:37 PM

OP, dialing in from the mid 20th century

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 11:40 PM

[quote] Explain the thought process of a white person getting a nose ring.

I imagine it’s the same thought process of a black person getting a nose ring.

Or the thought process of a yellow or red person getting a nose ring.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2024 12:47 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with fuckability. It has to do with drawing attention to oneself, usually to show that the person is 'different' from everyone else, a real renegade. Often it's simply self-loathing and attempting to make one as ugly as possible.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2024 1:06 AM

It is strange (and yes, I am old) to see how many superbasic Beckys wear nose rings or have a nostril pierced nowadays. These women aren't into fashion or rock music or being edgy- as far as I can tell- yet they have this stupid thing stuck in their nose. So maybe our culture has changed to view a pierced nose to be as unremarkable as pierced ears.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2024 1:26 AM

I hate piercings more than I hate tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2024 1:33 AM

Facial piercings look like they don't belong but they're fine in ears as long as you don't wear a dozen earrings.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2024 1:45 AM

A tiny little piercing on the side of the nose I don't find disgusting, but all others, especially septum piercing are pretty gross. I always wonder how a person could possible use a handkerchief or cope with a head cold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2024 1:48 AM

Is this post from the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2024 1:55 AM

My favorite was the wedding couple walking down the aisle with cheek-and-nipple piercings attached to each other with long silver(y) chains. One would walk ahead and tug the other, and then the other would get ahead. It was a long aisle. In the last dozen feet or so they walked together. It was a choreographed "symbolic walk" showing how they'd always have to be together in motion, or there would be blood. And there was.

The cheek one was obvious, but they had holes in their wedding dress/shirt where the tit chains came out. When she turned around you could see he pulled too hard and there was blood on the bosom of the dress.

Episcopalian. I skipped the reception.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2024 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!