Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Considers No Taxes for Military, Police and Firefighters

People are falling for this shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2024 11:23 AM

I thought smart people didn’t pay taxes anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 6:39 PM

I hope people know that something like that would have to be passed by both houses of congress, and it AIN'T GOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 6:41 PM

But then trumpkins bitch about the BIDEN DEFICIT

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 6:42 PM

Sure way to offend the 99% of the population who aren’t police and fire and will not only have to pay their taxes as well as the salaries of public safety personnel.

Day after day there’s more evidence of Trump’s decline. Despite plenty of evidence, MAGA is no fan of the cops. How his diseased brain thinks this will help him is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 6:43 PM

R4 It won’t offend them more than the power it has to propel more military and law enforcement to cast a vote for him. The non police/military who are voting for him won’t say “hmm that isn’t fair and will spell economic disaster” and now vote for Harris. And that my friends is the problem with America.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 6:56 PM

He had 4 years to do this, and didn't it. Totally pandering to a bunch of morons.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 7:23 PM

It would NEVER happen.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 8:06 PM

Even as it was proposed to him by some brain-dead strategist, the whole plan was likely to eliminate their tax liabilities AND their fat taxpayer-funded pensions. He is not telling the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 8:09 PM

Because the president controls taxes.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 8:10 PM

IF TRUMP IS TALKING HE’S LYING-the end.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 8:21 PM

One of the reason property and income taxes in northeastern states and Illinois and California are so high is because of the high cost of municipal/state pension benefits and medical insurance for public employees (active and retired), mostly fireman and cops/state troopers.

Letting their income go untaxed will really drive people into the streets.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 8:25 PM

No one is falling for his shit

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 8:44 PM

R12, according to the polls they are.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 8:49 PM

And Black men who don't like Kamala because she's a woman!

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 8:51 PM

[quote]I hope people know that something like that would have to be passed by both houses of congress, and it AIN'T GOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

Spoiler Alert: People in his cult don't know that.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 8:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote] And that my friends is the problem with America.—Prince-Akeem

You have no friends.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2024 9:26 PM

R15 There are two houses in Congress?

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2024 9:26 PM

Nothing to worry about - this is one of his concepts of a plan, which means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2024 9:29 PM

Turd talking shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2024 9:30 PM

What about highway department workers who are plowing the snow packed roads in many areas of the US? I would love for Trump and his followers to answer that.

Years ago, this story hit the media and it was discussed on the now defunct Topix boards. A single mom who was in nursing school was working at a McDonald's in western New York. Firefighters visited her location after working putting out a house fire. She claimed that the franchise owner and corporate refused to cover meals for the firefigher crew and she along with co-workers covered the costs of out of their own pockets. She got terminated the next day. Anyway when this story was discussed on Topix, one user posted something along the lines, "I wonder if she would have ever considered paying for the meal of highway department worker who goes out and plows the roads when the weather is bad. Probably not." That stuck with me and made me realize that sometimes there are public servants who get ignored by communities because they aren't cops or firefighters. If Trump and his followers don't want cops, veterans, active duty military, or firefighters to pay taxes-then they should consider no taxes for highway department workers working in dangerous areas or conditions.

I agree with people upthread, tax exemptions for military, police, and firefighters would never happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 10:29 PM

The only sure group of people he will push for no taxes are billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2024 10:32 PM

How about no taxes for teachers? Or only if they open carry?

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2024 10:59 PM

[quote] How about no taxes for teachers?

Isn't it interesting that he didn't propose that teachers be included? Teachers don't support him en masse so they pay taxes. Police, firefighters and military are viewed as Trump supporters so they get no taxes. He's a fucking malignant cancer.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2024 11:08 PM

Trump was babbling something about wanting to defund public schools a couple of days ago. He doesn't give a fuck about public school teachers and red state governors like Ron DeSantis have made the atmosphere of public schools more difficult because of books and "don't say gay" laws. In general, public school teachers and school employees put up with a lot of abuse from Karen type parents. My mom was a school cook from 1988-2012 and she took a lot of abuse from parents who bitched her out for policies and practices that she had no control over.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2024 11:41 PM

And if the fat fuck wins, consider it is all he'll do. He'll come up with some reason why it can't be cone, blaming it all on the democrats.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2024 9:54 PM

This is all about getting them onside for an armed coup after he loses the election. Trump's legal team have already got lawsuits lined up to challenge the election results (they know the truth about the fake "neck-and-neck" opinion polls they've been trying to foist on the public).

They have no intention of acceding to the will of the people. It's gonna be a much bigger shitfight than the last time.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2024 5:01 AM

What will happen when he is unable to wave a magic wand and make all the Deplorables' dreams come true "On Day 1"? His desperate lies to stay out of prison will come back to haunt him.

Will they revolt when the price of eggs doesn't fall?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 10:01 AM

No it will never happen. But something similar should. We have a great military recruiting crisis, Americans like those on DL refuse to serve, and most of our fire have to work two jobs. The police may as well.

All the while there are people who do absolutely nothing for the common good of the country except suck up resources . As in nothing. We might could call them maga or dL or progressives or something similar. Not serving is what they have in common.

Not no taxes but something

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2024 10:14 AM

You don't understand cults, R28. His supporters would blame everyone but Trump for his failure to accomplish anything.

And what they describe as the worst economy in America's history would magically become the best economy in history on day one, even though the price of eggs is exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2024 10:15 AM

He’s also pledging to destroy public education, in case you were wondering what might get whacked by this hypothetical reduction in tax revenue.

R29, related, there’s also a widespread public teacher shortage. Which public labor shortages do and don’t need and deserve $$ in a remedy effort, like so much else, comes down to which political party you support and what its values are.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2024 10:27 AM

R29 absolutely teachers should also get extra help.

Housing help, taxes help, something. Service to others for the greater good in jobs that most of us refuse to do should be rewarded. And those jobs which we need for the common collective good and we can’t fill something positive should be done.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2024 10:40 AM

Your misanthropic screed about the worthlessness of many people and the need to funnel the proles into the military (presumably to die and make space for you) reminds me of the evil PM from the UK House of Cards, r29. He said the EXACT same thing in a final scene meant to show the viewer that he had no heart and wasn't worth a damn as a human being. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Is the recruiting "crisis" a real crisis in the sense that it is actively harming American interests or is it just something that career military bureaucrats are whining about because it makes them look bad at their jobs?

2) Are Americans "refusing" to serve or are they not being asked because we're not currently fighting a war?

3) Are you under the impression that firefighters and police officers make anywhere near the same salary?

4) What do you do for a living and how are you helping the country by doing your job?

5) Did you join the military the moment you were legally old enough? If not, why did you feel like you had the right to consume the country's resources without shooting a foreigner first?

6) Are you in the military right now? If not, why do you feel like you have the right to only serve in the military temporarily and then spend the rest of your days consuming resources?

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2024 11:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!