Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Geese- For the first time today I realized how FAST those fuckers fly

I was on my Saturday jog up here in New England and there were many groups of geese flying today - I stopped for 60 seconds (its at the ocean so there is alot of open sky) and I just watched them- and holy cow, they really fly amazingly fast! They turned into a little speck from being right above me..

I was kind of in awe and it was for once a pure moment and not one of me worried about the election/life/dying, ect-

And I do not think the term is group- What are they - a flock? A gaggle?

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 3:08 PM

Geese is the word.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 2:38 PM

How observant.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 2:39 PM

R1- LOL okay that was a good one. It took me a second to get it!

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 2:42 PM

I love them. I don’t care how much they poop in my parents’ condo complex.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 2:44 PM

It was a portent of something big to come OP.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 2:57 PM

Yes, waterfowl are surprisingly fast in the air. I'm always dumbstruck when I see a swan flying.

[quote]And I do not think the term is group- What are they - a flock? A gaggle?

A "gaggle" when on land or water, and a "wedge" or "skein" when in flight.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 2:58 PM

They do fly super fast.

The crows in our neighborhood also whoosh by. Sometimes they sound like bats.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 3:07 PM

R5 - I wish. Its been a bad 5 years for a multitude of reasons. But my 30's were great- I am grateful that I had 10 good years from 2010-2020!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 3:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!