Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Power goes out on entire island of Cuba, leaving 10 million people without electricity

[quote]The electricity went out Friday in Cuba, affecting the entire island's population of 10 million after one of its main power plants failed, according to Cuba’s energy ministry. On Friday evening, authorities announced power had been restored to about 20,000 residents of the capital, Havana, which has a population of 2 million.

Russia's gone (taking a $30 billion hit in debts), Venezuela is too broke to help, and China has now withdrawn as well after not getting anything in return for their $10 billion investment. And no, this isn't just the US embargo, Cuba simply isn't a reliable trading partner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2024 6:17 PM

Tough shit. I'm old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis as a child. Karma, baby.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 5:54 AM

They wouldn't even do the basic minimum of economic reforms that China asked them to in return for their investment, and are now rolling back the economic freedoms already achieved. Cuba's a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 6:04 AM

I just checked Cuba radar and there's a big ass storm close by.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 7:04 AM

Sugar production has plummeted and that's their biggest export commodity. In the past, they could trade it with Russia for oil, but that titty has dried up.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 7:39 AM

So many hot papis caught in that hellhole. And they're all packing, too. Imagine all the hot OnlyFans content we'd be getting if that place got its shit together.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 7:43 AM

Havana has some high rises. I hope they have community spirit and help each other out.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 8:24 AM

[quote]They wouldn't even do the basic minimum of economic reforms that China asked them to in return for their investment, and are now rolling back the economic freedoms already achieved. Cuba's a lost cause.

You know you're in rough shape if China gave you terms and conditions for help and you couldn't meet them. China is the place where authoritarian dictators who can't get western aid due to human rights abuses, severe corruption or conflict go for support. As long as a country doesn't recognize or establish relations with Taiwan, that's usually enough.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 8:28 AM

Communism seems to be working out well for them. I'm betting none of the political bigwigs or their favored friends are experiencing any power outages. Maybe one day the brain dead populace will reach the point they've had enough and revolt against the crooked dogs.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 8:35 AM

A woman I worked with from Ecuador traveled to Cuba and said that while life is nice enough for the small percentage of elites, life for most people (that she was able to see) is terrible and everything - everything - is for sale, including pimping out kids. But at the same time, there's this almost North Korean like mentality that the west/US is out to get them. So maybe the place is a lost cause at this point.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 8:48 AM

[quote]So many hot papis caught in that hellhole. And they're all packing, too. Imagine all the hot OnlyFans content we'd be getting if that place got its shit together.

Time to organize an "Electricity for the Freedom of Viewing Big Cuban Cocks on OnlyFans" Live Aid extravaganza with contributors getting 3 months of free access to content from Hot Hung Cuban men as a reward. The entire island would be lit before sunrise.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 9:05 AM

Perfect time for Russia to move their missilies in!

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 9:30 AM

I want to he the ham in a Cuban sandwich!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 9:31 AM

Cuban bread is dense and bagel-like

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 9:59 AM

Ugh. No power, hot as hell. Poverty. I think there's a hurricane headed that way, too.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 10:07 AM

Well, Duhh.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 10:14 AM

Without power, how can I see you, in C-U, B-A?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 2:16 PM

I'll bet they still have power at Guantanamo.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2024 2:17 PM

testing.....

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2024 2:19 PM

Mmmm, all that heat, all that fat Cuban dick. In the dark. Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2024 2:27 PM

Cubans living in the US are almost all MAGA POSs. Let's send them back to Cuba to help out and not let them back in.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2024 2:41 PM

It is often disheartening when your social media site is revealed as a clearing house for the ignorant blabbering of mean and small minded people People who consider themselves hip, yet who get their news from naked propaganda streams and consider themselves clever and informed.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 3:01 PM

Now it looks like a tropical storm is headed toward them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2024 3:26 PM

It would be a great time for a revolution and overthrow the brutal communist dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2024 4:35 PM

[quote]Cubans living in the US are almost all MAGA POSs. Let's send them back to Cuba to help out and not let them back in.

Is there anything in life that you are able to see not through the prism of your partisan politics?

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2024 4:37 PM

R5 😆 You are such a low vibrational cunt. But I fucks with it tho.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2024 5:02 PM

"So many hot papis caught in that hellhole. And they're all packing, too. Imagine all the hot OnlyFans content we'd be getting if that place got its shit together."

I'm laughing because there probably are guys who already do or could in the future produce OF content. But that takes electricity and a stable internet connection.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2024 5:33 PM

The collective crotch stink must be overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2024 5:35 PM

Only Fans is probably banned in Cuba. I don’t know. Maybe not but I imagine there is some type of limitation on creating content because you can’t make your own capital in Cuba. Maybe they can access it but can’t upload content.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2024 5:35 PM

Their population has doubled since the 50s which is crazy. You can't really expect to sustain a uniform quality of life with limited resources without near-absolute control over both the resources and birth rate.

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2024 6:04 PM

R28, predictably, is an ignorant cunt.

I travel in Cuba. Online hookups are easy and there are numerous ways to run a private business. "Make your own capital," of course, is a nonsense term.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2024 6:05 PM

R30 I never said hookups weren’t easy. Onlyfans is not hooking. As far as private businesses whatever doing they are doing they are doing it under the radar as it’s not legal. I imagine your circle of friends in Cuba are wealthy with resources. We all know American dollars speak and police/government can be bribed or whatever. The regular Joe cannot make money from an onlyfans page unless they are extremely crafty. You cannot even own personal things in Cuba without the government’s approval. You cannot trade a motorcycle with a homie. All transactions must be facilitated by the government.

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2024 6:09 PM

Only fans is not hooking up*. Fucking typing fast but it’s important to know that’s what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2024 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!