Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bob Seger

Anyone else a big fan? Any appreciation? He's the best of the straight bro rock. I remember my older brother and his friends being really into him. I didn't like him as a kid. As I grew he became one of my favorites. He's got some great songs.

What's your favorite?

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote] What's your favorite?

This old, closed thread has a poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 2:31 AM

I meant to have a poll but hit submit by mistake. Here's some choices:

Turn the Page

Night Moves

Main Street

Still the Same

Hollywood Nights

We've Got Tonight

Old Time Rock and Roll

Fire Lake

Against the Wind

You'll Accompany Me

Shame on the Moon

Like a Rock

That's a pretty impressive list. My favorite is Night Moves.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 2:31 AM

Yes, I've always liked his music and his voice. Main Street is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 2:32 AM

[quote] I meant to have a poll but hit submit by mistake.

[quote] Okay ... please ignore this post, I forgot to include the poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 2:33 AM

Hollywood Nights. Seger is great. I guess he's been around since the sixties as he's featured in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 2:40 AM

I've liked him for decades. Never, ever get tired of Night Moves. Against the Wind is my second favorite of his. The rest ain't bad, either.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 2:42 AM

Those both are excellent songs!

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 2:44 AM

Night Moves and Still the Same

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 2:51 AM

You'll Accomp'ny Me. His 1969 debut was Ramblin' Gamblin Man which was recently brought to life in a scene from OUATIH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 3:01 AM

In the 70s, he was thought to be one of the good guys in rock along with Springsteen and Petty. Never really got to their level, possibly because he wouldn't leave the midWest. Those residuals for Old Time Rock and Roll must be huge.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 3:03 AM

I saw an interview with him back during the seventies. Very laid back but serious about music. Came off as being a guy you'd like as a friend.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 3:08 AM

My faves are Night Moves and Beautiful Loser.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 3:09 AM

Night Moves forever!!

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 3:36 AM

"Come to Poppa" was often played for the strippers on Daddy Night at our local gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 3:57 AM

Years ago he pretty much semi-retired to raise his kids. In Michigan I believe. He took himself way out of the spotlight. He might not have reached the levels of Bruce but I think he's much better. At least vocally anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 3:58 AM

Come to Poppa was a good song! I can see strippers getting into that song.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 4:00 AM

My very favorite is "Roll Me Away". Just such an ass kicker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2024 4:04 AM

He was a good looking man.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2024 4:06 AM

Hollywood Nights, Against The Wind and Fire Down Below are all incredible but I think my favorite is Night Moves. It’s as evocative as any song can be. It’s poetry.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2024 5:08 AM

He has really good politics, too. A solid Democrat who considers Barack Obama the best president of his lifetime and supported Hillary Clinton in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2024 5:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 11:10 AM

Why is this thread greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2024 12:20 PM

It’s not greyed out for me

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2024 3:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!