Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How will you be spending Election Night 2024 in the US?

I'm driving to Canada to watch the election results.

That's where I'll decide whether or not to return to the United States.

How about you?

by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2024 4:03 PM

On datalounge

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 1:39 AM

I have been invited to a watch party. I'll probably attend for a bit. If things aren't looking good, I really want to be with friends.

If Kamala wins, I will be dancing in the streets of Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 1:41 AM

We won’t know that night.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 1:42 AM

Same, R1.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 1:43 AM

Working the polls.

I probably won’t get home until around 10pm. I’ll check in here, then hit the sack.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote] We won’t know that night.

You don't know that.

In 2020 we knew that Joe Biden won on election night.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 1:55 AM

This election is looking to be extremely close and Republicans have done all sorts of things to cause delays in the counting, This isn't going to be like 2020. Even if Trump were to win he wouldn't tale office until January. You will have plenty of time to flee the country OP if Trump wins.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 2:33 AM

Smoking copious amounts of pot, silly!

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 2:41 AM

R5 I’ll be working the Poles. Hopefully Michał and Łukasz.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote]This isn't going to be like 2020. Even if Trump were to win he wouldn't tale office until January. You will have plenty of time to flee the country OP if Trump wins.

We don't want to do anything to discourage or hinder such people from leaving the U.S. as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 2:49 AM

I'll be home watching on tv, either celebrating with wine or drowning my sorrows with it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 3:18 AM

R6, I don’t think Biden was declared the winner until the following Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 3:47 AM

Streaming something. Then going to bed. I'll find out who won in five minutes when I wake up. You obsessives should try that.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 4:32 AM

I’m going to an election party and we will be celebrating the first female president.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 5:08 AM

R12 Officially but we all knew the next day.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 5:09 AM

I'll be getting drunk and playing solitaire. I'll probably be on DL, too.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 5:25 AM

Election Day is my 75th birthday. I will be drinking a $75 bottle of Cabernet and stay glued to the TV. Plus, I gave my best friend a Kitchen Aid mixer for her 70th birthday last month, and I shall reap the reward of a delicious carrot cake with which to watch the returns.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2024 5:53 AM

I'll be watching the election returns. Hoping for the first female US president to be elected, ever. Common sense tells me it's a no brainer but there are a lot of stupid voters out there. It certainly will show us how the future of the USA will be.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2024 6:18 AM

I think Kamala is fated to win.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2024 6:27 AM

These are the times AP called the election in the past (EST):

2020: 11:26 am, Saturday

2016: 2:29 am, Wednesday

2012: 11:38 pm, Tuesday

2008: 11 pm, Tuesday

2004: 11:19 am, Wednesday

2000: No call

1996: 9 pm, Tuesday

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2024 7:35 AM

R12 & R20 are correct -- Biden was not declared the winner until Saturday. And no, we did not know the next day for sure that Biden had won. There were some encouraging signs, but there were many hours and days of agonizing waiting.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 7:46 AM

Yep, the dam burst smack dab in the middle of Rudy's Four Seasons Total Landscaping press conference when he himself was informed that the election was called for Biden. I know because I was watching that circus live.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2024 7:50 AM

It's going to be a beautiful moment of immeasurable relief on DL when it happens, I can see it in my mind's eye already.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2024 8:06 AM

R23, Election Night (and possibly the days after it) are going to be a very tense and emotional time here on DL as we wait to see whether the Trump vampire will finally be staked through the heart once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2024 8:25 AM

I will probably be getting a good night's sleep.

For the past month or so, I have insulated myself from news and anything related to politics. I can only cast my own vote (early voting starts Monday the 21st here in Texas), and I cannot change anything else. There's no point in worrying about it, or subjecting myself to stress related to it.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2024 8:36 AM

Dialing my gapping gash of a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2024 9:01 AM

In Canada. I'll be watching CNN and CBC and following threads here, of course.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2024 9:54 AM

It will be Sunday our time when we watch Downunder. Friends will come over for brunch and lots of booze. Harris/Walz for the win.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2024 11:01 AM

I have to go to my office job the morning after, so if Trump wins, I'll try my best to Stay Strong, Gurl! and not be in mid-meltdown, blubbering a word salad of invective, cloying self-pity, and predictions of global doom. I plan to keep extra Ring-Dings in my bottom desk drawer for comfort. Shit, maybe I'll put a half a fifth of whiskey in there, too.

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2024 12:40 PM

Oh, and to answer OP's, question, I'll be watching all night, praying and crying and praying some more.

PLEASE GOD OH PLEASE MAKE HIM GO AWAY!

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2024 12:43 PM

I am a night owl, but being up late will do my curiosity no good as I'm six hours ahead of NYC. When I wake up at 9.00 I will turn on the news channels and see what details are coming out, looking at the newspapers online as well. I'll go about my day checking in for definitive results.

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2024 1:30 PM

I'm also six hours ahead of NYC and I'll be in the middle of my morning run when the election is usually called. Please, God, let me return home to the news of the end of Trumpism.

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2024 1:33 PM

I’ll be with my President Trump. I will get him relaxed & his ass cleaned. 👅

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2024 1:36 PM

The only place I'd even think about being is here on Datalounge. A reminder: early reporting States tend to be red states and that can start off the evening with additional stress!

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2024 1:36 PM

I will not watch news I don't think my family is interested in politics. I dislike most of my family's choices but I respect them for always voting in every election. They don't get all riled up and obsessive about politics but they do vote.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2024 1:40 PM

At home watching reporting mainly on MSNBC and perhaps a bit of CNN depending on who may be interviewed there. Over or not, I may go to sleep around midnight and tune back in during the early morning. I get up by 5am to take the two dogs out to do their business.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2024 1:45 PM

I just cannot watch - or be a part of that night- I'm fucking serious- So much is at stake that I just don't want to feel the hopelessness and stress. There is nothing I can gain from watching this circus unfold.

I really feel that this scenario-linked- is what is going to happen- (I have started a thread with this and added this link elsewhere- I really think its very important.)

What I know is that there is NO WAY that evening we will know who won. It will be close (but hopefully not THAT close)

My heart tells me that Kamala WILL win- but it will be fucked-

Neil Katyal linked-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2024 2:47 PM

R28, it'll be Wednesday afternoon/evening in Australia.

Not Sunday.

Our election day is Tuesday, November 5. Which means it's Wednesday in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2024 3:20 PM

Regardless of who wins, it will be a time to celebrate that the election is finally over. It's too drawn-out.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote] 2020: 11:26 am, Saturday

[quote] 2016: 2:29 am, Wednesday

[quote] 2012: 11:38 pm, Tuesday

[quote] 2008: 11 pm, Tuesday

[quote] 2004: 11:19 am, Wednesday

[quote] 2000: No call

[quote] 1996: 9 pm, Tuesday

Interesting data.

1996, 2008, and 2012 were all decisive Democratic victories, which is why those wins were all called on the actual election night.

The ones that were called on either Wednesday or Saturday all involved either Donald Trump or George W. Bush.

Why?

Because the Democrat won the popular vote in all of those instances, but the Republican ended up winning the Electoral College.

Even more than that, the Democratic candidate has won the popular vote in EVERY election since 1992.

That means that the Democratic Presidential candidate has won the popular vote in EVERY ELECTION for the past 32 years.

It's definitely time to get rid of the Electoral College.

Republicans would never win again.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2024 3:25 PM

Thats amazing R40--

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2024 3:41 PM

I I'll be in Paris so I know nothing will really be clear until the next day, but I won't be able to sleep regardless. I will need some kind of strong sedative.

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2024 3:48 PM

Brit here. I'll get up in the middle of the night to log on here and watch live BBC coverage. In '16 I went to bed quietly confident that sanity would prevail, no need to watch the slow returns. Never will I forget waking up to hear a BBC radio journalist seriously positing a Trump win. I literally couldn't believe it. The times are out of joint, etcetera, and how. It's all been grotesquely worse even than expected. This time I want to know what the hell's happening and not have that terrible wake-up. And at least experience fellow feeling here among my DL cohort.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote] The only place I'd even think about being is here on Datalounge. A reminder: early reporting States tend to be red states and that can start off the evening with additional stress!

If Harris flips NC, and we will know that on election night shortly after polls close on East Coast, we can start celebrating.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2024 4:52 PM

R17 🥰 awww. You’re awesome.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote]Election Day is my 75th birthday.

You're still a youngster on DL.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2024 5:29 PM

[quote] If Harris flips NC, and we will know that on election night shortly after polls close on East Coast, we can start celebrating.

So much of this is reminding me of 2016. I hope that I’m wrong. I get the feeling that it’s going to be the shock of a lifetime with a blowout in Trump’s favor. The world will be screaming, “What the fuck?!”

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2024 5:56 PM

Dealing with the trolls on DL who say she has no chance, that's how. They'll all slink away into the dark and go cry to Reddit again, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 48October 19, 2024 6:13 PM

The Muslims that live in the apartment below me have a young child, and the music coming from that apartment continually alternates between Islamic prayer chant music and children’s songs. That combination will send chills down your spine more than any election night results possibly could. It’s like they’re indoctrinating their kid to be a suicide bomber.

by Anonymousreply 49October 19, 2024 6:23 PM

R49 WTF? You are ignorant as fuck. Islamic worship music is now a precursor to terrorism? What the fuck is wrong with you. They sound no different than some Frau playing Christian pop/rock and then Disney tunes.

by Anonymousreply 50October 19, 2024 6:27 PM

Really R50? I forgot that it was Christians who committed the October 7 attack, and flew planes into the World Trade Center.

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2024 6:31 PM

Where is r51 posting from?

by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2024 6:32 PM

R51 I don’t do straw man arguments.

White Christians bombed churches in the south. Therefore all bombers must be white Christians who are in the KKK.

Do you see how faulty your logic is now?

by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2024 6:49 PM

R53 Guess I struck a nerve Prince Akeem? Are you one of those phony baloney fake ass Nation of Islam African American Muslims with the dumb names? Did you drop yo slave name?

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2024 6:55 PM

R54 No my dear and I am very much a Christian. I’m Catholic. Both of my parents don’t really ascribe to organized religion. Even your comment at r54 is stealth straw man. Yeah conversing with you further is probably a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2024 7:06 PM

Oh it just dawned on me. You prolly never seen Coming to America. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2024 7:06 PM

R38, yes I realised that this morning thank you. So used to Saturday voting in Aussie and NZ. We are still doing brunch of course as we're all retirees.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2024 7:29 PM

[quote] I dislike most of my family's choices but I respect them for always voting in every election. They don't get all riled up and obsessive about politics but they do vote.

It would be better if your family didn't vote.

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2024 9:06 PM

[quote] So much of this is reminding me of 2016. I hope that I’m wrong. I get the feeling that it’s going to be the shock of a lifetime with a blowout in Trump’s favor. The world will be screaming, “What the fuck?!”

We will NEVER be as shocked as we were in 2016. He has won the Presidency once and he is leading the polls. I am betting that HIS supporters will be shocked this time around.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2024 9:09 PM

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2024 9:13 PM

My partner has been volunteering at the polls for years. He worked today and said that 15% of our county has voted as of 3pm. He said it was majority MAGA today. Hats, jacked up trucks, fat slobs. Now I’m sick with worry.

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2024 10:06 PM

Frying chicken naked

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2024 10:12 PM

I’m staying in and plan to watch coverage on MSNBC. I will have a cocktail or two and a light dinner, but if Rachel Maddow’s expression changes during the evening the way it did in 2016, I will break out the Haagen-Dazs and eat myself into an ice cream coma.

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2024 10:13 PM

Don't burn your twat, R62

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2024 10:13 PM

My tits may need protection

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2024 10:14 PM

My job as a citizen is to vote, not fret or wring my hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote] My partner has been volunteering at the polls for years. He worked today and said that 15% of our county has voted as of 3pm. He said it was majority MAGA today. Hats, jacked up trucks, fat slobs. Now I’m sick with worry.

Huh? He's been counting the mail-in ballots?

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2024 10:16 PM

On Twitter & DL watching it unfold. Perhaps some comfort food.

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2024 10:19 PM

Naked and scared

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2024 10:19 PM

Remember that scene in The Sopranos with AJ who is jogging down the road after his breakdown and Tony drives by, makes him get in the car and asks him what his life plans are and AJ says "I want to be Donald Trump's personal helicopter pilot" .

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2024 10:19 PM

Those jokes are subversive and don't hit a wide target because people don't know of the helicopter crash that conveniently killed former executives who were due to testify against it.

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2024 10:22 PM

R71 Wtf. R70 I remember that scene but I don’t remember AJ saying that. I don’t doubt you though. It seems like Rosie fkin O Donnel and black journalists in New York in the early 90s were the only ones to see Trump was a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2024 10:30 PM

I placed my completed absentee ballot in the U.S. post office today. I’m a disabled senior and had no intention to risk standing in a long line for a lengthy time on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2024 10:38 PM

R74 I hear you. Are absentee ballots the same as early ballots. I voted early via mail. I thought absentee was you voting in a state in which you aren’t you aren’t currently physically in, you know mostly military or some other circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2024 10:45 PM

Oops r73.

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2024 10:45 PM

R61 which state are you in?

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2024 10:46 PM

[quote] We’re getting creamed…

I am sure Miss Lindsey has been “creamed” many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2024 10:51 PM

[quote] My partner has been volunteering at the polls for years. He worked today and said that 15% of our county has voted as of 3pm. He said it was majority MAGA today. Hats, jacked up trucks, fat slobs. Now I’m sick with worry.

Which state?

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2024 10:53 PM

In your mom

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2024 10:55 PM

They are not getting creamed in fundraising, they are being grifted out of existence and it serves them right.

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2024 10:56 PM

R74 My state calls all ballots requested to be mailed to the voter as absentee. Categories cover 65+, military, disabled, being out of the area working, etc. One calls or Email requesting an absentee ballot from the county’s election board. They send one a form to complete/sign. That is mailed back, authorized, then an absentee ballot is mailed to the voter. That can be returned in person, or adding a form approving another to return it , or mail it back. That differs from early voting whereby one can go to the county’s elections board office and vote in person. Only one location is available for that during a designated period.

by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2024 11:10 PM

R81 I see I see. I think in California there is a distinction. Because you when register to vote like at the DMV, you have the option of having your ballot mailed to your house where you can then turn it in person or mail it in the envelope sent. It’s not considered absentee though. It’s a regular vote to be counted prior or on Election Day. I imagine heavily populated states have all gone this route.

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2024 11:25 PM

I don't expect the election to be called until a few days afterward. That is, unless early results show Kamala having a huge advantage over Diaper Don uncounted votes wouldn't change. If that happens, it's over. But Trump and his lackeys will throw everything they can at the wall to get him to win, which means it could take even longer to get a final result.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2024 11:50 PM

What is the rush to know results immediately. This demand is what got us fucked up in 2000 and 2016.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2024 11:55 PM

I will be right here. My crazy safe place, my go to since 2002. No place I'd rather be

by Anonymousreply 85October 20, 2024 12:07 AM

R84 2016???? America went to bed that night knowing she wasn’t going to prevail. My family and I watch it together. I went to sleep that night drunk off whiskey thinking damn this white email deleting bitch couldn’t beat this sucker. I know it’s sexist but I was just so infuriated. We thought somehow some miracle could happen but it was pretty much reality election night. Yall are misremembering history.

It’s not going to be drawn out. 2000 was an anomaly. People don’t vote by hole puncher anymore lol. They got rid of that shit because of Florida. Even if we don’t officially know until December because of litigation, trust me we are going to “know” the next day

by Anonymousreply 86October 20, 2024 12:07 AM

You are making shit up again, Teafakkke.

by Anonymousreply 87October 20, 2024 12:10 AM

R87 You are such a bore. I don’t know if you are American or what. It was pretty much known on election night East coast time midnight Trump was going to win. They just didn’t want to call it because of 2000 and the fact that Trump is a MANIAC. It was a hard fucking pill to swallow. That’s why that elder chica on ABC, I think her name is Martha, was crying. How is this even up for debate. This is documented fact. I turned on Morning Joe the next morning and they had called it, with Mica describing it as an electoral blood bath.

by Anonymousreply 88October 20, 2024 12:16 AM

in the fetal position in bed

by Anonymousreply 89October 20, 2024 12:22 AM

Camping in Kauai

by Anonymousreply 90October 20, 2024 12:31 AM

Asleep. I have to be at work at 5 am and nothing will be decided by then anyway .

by Anonymousreply 91October 20, 2024 12:46 AM

This is what is coming- Even if Kamala wins(and I truly think she will)- it won't be enough to stop this-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 20, 2024 12:50 AM

I'm hosting a virtual watch party.

by Anonymousreply 93October 20, 2024 12:50 AM

R67, I think he means those that who came in to vote were slobs and MAGAot voters.

by Anonymousreply 94October 20, 2024 2:17 AM

I mailed in my Virginia absentee ballot from Dublin, Ireland, on September 26 (by registered mail). I just checked the An Post and USPS websites and it is *still* in transit.

by Anonymousreply 95October 20, 2024 2:23 AM

At home, drinking heavily.

by Anonymousreply 96October 20, 2024 2:25 AM

R95 If she loses Virginia I’m blaming you, you traveling cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97October 20, 2024 2:26 AM

Taking lots of benzos.

by Anonymousreply 98October 20, 2024 2:47 AM

With my head up Teacakes MaFuckin ass.

by Anonymousreply 99October 20, 2024 3:01 AM

I'll be glued to the tv waiting for confirmation that the first female has been elected as President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 100October 20, 2024 3:03 AM

If Trump wins I will be horrified.

by Anonymousreply 101October 20, 2024 3:13 AM

I’ll be on a 5150 somewhere on Pill Hill

by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2024 4:23 AM

The usual. Raping and murdering trannies, slicing up their faces and bashing in their fannies, extracting their teef, preserving them in beef, and inserting them into their rotting punanis.

by Anonymousreply 103October 20, 2024 6:06 AM

I'll be taking CBD and whatever else I've got in the house to solidly sleep through the night. I recall during the last election cycle waking up in the middl of th night and literally crying before seeing Steve Schmidt post on Twitter "everyone needs to calm the fuck down. All the votes aren't counted yet." So I do think it's going to be nail biter/shit show - possibly for days - so I'm bracing myself for a multi-day drama. But I do feel in my (possibly delusional) heart that Kamala will win.

by Anonymousreply 104October 20, 2024 9:22 AM

Actually, I’ll be drinking myself into a stupor WHILE hiding under the covers….

by Anonymousreply 105October 20, 2024 9:42 AM

….as CNN, NYT, Politico, etc., wack off to their promoted horse race drama, and their profiteering from the ongoing aftermath. It won’t stop.

by Anonymousreply 106October 20, 2024 10:47 AM

With my head between my ankles so I can kiss my ass goodbye

by Anonymousreply 107October 20, 2024 10:48 AM

Katie Couric's recent interview with James Carville:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 20, 2024 11:04 AM

Katie Couric and James Carville = two dingbats.

by Anonymousreply 109October 20, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote] Camping in Kauai

Stay away from the norovirus campsite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2024 3:44 PM

Shaking and Crying.

by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2024 4:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!