Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AT&T Air Internet

No, this is not a advert for this service. Just thought I'd pass on a great experience for anyone else interested in a better internet service if what you have is less than stellar.

Just switched over to this new service that provides a high speed internet connection from their cell towers. I am very impressed. I'm at a summer house way out in the middle of nowhere and have been rather unhappy with the providers. Luckily I'm less than a mile from a huge AT&T cell tower and I'm getting 200 mbps and over using their wireless router (that is free by the way. One local cable company wanted to charge me $300.00 to come out and install their equipment. It's $60/mo and is working like a charm, with the exception of the 9 days I had no electricity during hurricane Helene. The main thing I like is that you're less likely to have outages you have with providers that use cables on poles. You just put the receiver in a window pointed toward the nearest tower and let it sync up and you're off and running.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 6:43 PM

I get panoramic WiFi from Cox for 50.00 a month.

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 12:27 AM

Unfortunately Cox is not available where I am.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 12:31 AM

I have AT&T fiber. It's great too.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 12:39 AM

ADVERT???

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 12:46 AM

This IS an advertisement for their service.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 12:48 AM

Same with R3, I also have AT&T Fiber. It's not cheap, but the quality of the service is exceptional. Not the fondest of the gateway's Wi-Fi reception but its otherwise a good product and was like going from a third-world country to a first-world country in comparison to my last Internet service, which was U-Verse. ATT as well, but it was slow.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 1:08 AM

R6, do you use any Wi-Fi extenders? I'm using 2 as my house has many walls and turns. They do a great job bringing that signal to the farthest reaches of the house.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 8:23 AM

I have the T-Mobile version of this service and am very pleased with it. Plenty of speed for me to stream video and multitask, but if you're a hardcore gamer it might not meet your specs. I'm told the reception improves with elevation, so my third floor apartment might get a better signal than your ranch home. If you're paying more than $50 - $60 for cable internet, you might want to look into it.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 6:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!