Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Share your ghost stories here

When I was in college and attending a lecture, I felt a hand very clearly pat me on the shoulder. I was sitting in the back and was against a wall. There was no one around me.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 8:38 PM

Not an orb person but a relative died and my cousin cleaned out the apartment. He took pictures after it was emptied and cleaned in case the landlord decided to clap back.

One of the shows a huge green blob floating in front of the door. It’s not a little dust reflection, it’s something else. Maybe it was the relative saying thank you or what the hell are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2024 1:27 AM

Which ones and how many you want??

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2024 1:58 AM

Every once in awhile. When I'm scrolling through posts on here. I see the ghosts of Gerg and Teacake.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2024 3:48 AM

The same as I've told before. The woman wearing clothing I'd never seen before in my grandmother's vegetable garden and smiling at me. Some sort of long dress or robe and I felt the love she was sending me through her smile. Still stumped by it but it was real. Still real.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2024 5:16 AM

Do you think maybe she was an ancestor or someone who once lived on the property? Although it's kind of scary, it's also interesting. Were you scared at the time?

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 5:23 AM

Not exactly a ghost story, but more paranormal.

I had a very close friend in high school, but had an even closer connection with her mother. We lost touch a little bit when I moved out of state, but she would tell me all she'd have to do to get me to call would be to pull out her ironing board and start ironing, and somehow I would call her in the middle of it. It's why she would always say, "I knew you were going to call," when I did.

Fast forward a few years and she'd been diagnosed with ALS while I was in the middle of my career, busier than ever. I went to see her, and hated watching her deteriorate. It's hard watching someone you love fade away.

A couple months after I saw her last and I was on a trip in the Middle East. In the middle of the night, I was asleep, dreaming away when suddenly my dream changed from whatever I was dreaming to me, my friend, and her mother standing in her mother's old house. She turned to me with a sad smile on her face and said, "I'm going to miss you so much!" It was so upsetting that I woke myself up out of the dream. It was 2:15am local time. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep, so I got up, went for a walk, and then went to work. Close to the end of my workday, I got an email from my friend's daughter who said I needed to call her, and I did. She wanted to let me know that "our" mom had died. We were both crying, but I managed to say, "I know. She came to say goodbye to me." I asked when she'd died, and was told that it was 2:30am local Abu Dhabi time/3:30pm Pacific time. So one of my closest friends had come to say goodbye to me on her deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 2:24 PM

That's beautiful R6.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 2:59 PM

I think I’ve written about this on DL before, but as a kid I saw a woman in my home wearing what appeared to be yellow pajamas. She had long black curly hair. She looked like a real person but the closer I got to her, the more transparent she became and eventually she vanished. This happened the night before Easter. I have never seen anything like it since.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 5:58 PM

Once shortly after someone I loved died, I woke up in the middle of the night to find them at the foot of my bed. The light around them was slightly unusual. I asked: how did you get here? "Jesus let me come." I asked: Did you know how much we loved you? "I know." And that was it. Gone. I fell asleep again. Rationally it was grief, deep, deep grief, manifesting. I am agnostic verging on atheist at this point. But I cannot shake the sensation of that light and the... I don't know the purity of the sensations in that moment... it was honestly otherworldly. How does a dream do exactly what you need it do? I guess I'll find out the answer if there's anything goes down once I breathe my last. I doubt it, but not with total certainty. This happened more than forty years ago and the sense and memory of it are as vivid as ever.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 6:23 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 8:11 PM

There’s no ghosts-you guys are all full of shit or drunk or both-the only scary is Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 8:19 PM

If you like scary books, try and get your hands on The Ghosts That Walk in Washington by Hans Holzer. One chapter, called The Oakton Haunt, scared the hell out of me as a child. It’s a good read, whether you believe in psychics or ghosts or not.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2024 12:53 AM

Don't know if this is really a ghost story, but My mother my sister and I bought a new house. We got a good deal because the woman was liquidating her dead father's estate. He was a widower, semi retired lawyer who had a heart attack and died suddenly.. Nice house. I was 19 at the time, commuting to college four days a eek, Ma worked and my younger sister was in 11th grade. Neither ma or my sister drank coffee. And they both left the house earlier than me. I would get up around 8:30. Anyway, the first year we were there, many mornings I would wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I'd cautiously wander down stairs to the kitchen, and of course no one was there, no coffee, but the aroma was there fleetingly. About a year later it stopped. My mother and sister claimed they smelled on weekends, too.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2024 1:03 AM

Best ghost story of all time: The New Testament. What an ending!

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2024 1:04 AM

Sort of an on-going thing. My friend has a haunted house.

I went to visit her. She lives in an old Victorian built in the 1880s. It had been converted into apartments, but when she and her husband bought it, all of the tenants were gone, so they rehabbed it. This is important to the on-going story.

The rehabbing alone is a fucking unbelievable story, suffice it to say, they restored it back to her original glory (as best they could) and it’s fucking amazing. It’s also in a “bad” area. At least, people think it is, but it’s not bad at all.

Anyway. It’s haunted AF by four ghosts, one of which I’ve had numerous encounters. He’s one of the butlers. She’s very familiar with him, too.

This dude is very protective of the family. I was visiting her and asked to use the bathroom.

My friend told me to go upstairs and use her laundry room bathroom on the second floor. This is the middle of a summer afternoon, so I didn’t bother to turn on the lights, at it was plenty bright enough from the natural light coming in through all of the second floor windows.

I start up the steps and by the time I got about half way up, the staircase had gone ice cold and the top of the stairs was dark - like some dark cloud was hovering there. I told him (it’s a “him”) that I had to pee and I was going to pee and all of his threats weren’t going to stop me.

Now, I could see that there was still sunlight pouring in to the windows, because I was still walking slowly up the steps, but the landing at the top of the steps was dark and menacing.

Well, I had to piss. I hit the top of those stairs and shimmied past that menacing cloud in a sideways run and that fucker was on me, breathing down my neck. It was a physical sensation of some one pressing against you. I leapt into that bathroom and shut the door. He didn’t follow.

When I came out, he was still there. I walked toward the stairs and he let me pass, but once I started down the steps, he went to block the landing again.

I got to the bottom of the steps and turned to look back up at him, but he was gone.

I worked up the nerve two visits later to ask about him, as people tend to freak out if you say their house is haunted. She laughed and said, “yeah. That’s the butler. He is very helpful.”

I’ll relay some of her experiences later.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2024 2:00 AM

When’s the book coming out R15-OMG we’ll all be ghosts by the time we read your life story…

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2024 2:25 AM

R25 here. About the butler. There are actually two of them - one is black (he’s the one I have the runs ins with). He stays mostly upstairs and is, by far, the most active.

The second butler is white and he generally hangs around downstairs and appears headless when he’s pissed off. (I find this strangely hilarious).

The white butler has become upset that my friend’s daughter, Y, leaves her bedroom an utter mess and has taken to showing up in her room headless and carrying a tray with tea service.

The poor kid (she’s in her early 20s) is fucking terrified of him. On the one hand, I don’t blame her for being scared. On the other, I find the situation fucking hilarious!

Apparently, the room her daughter is using as a bedroom was the front sitting room where the lady of the house would serve tea. White and headless is displeased by the front room being a pig sty and has taken to haunting it in response to this affront.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2024 10:47 PM

^^r15, I mean

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2024 11:08 PM

I’m a medium since I was a child. I think I wrote my experience here before. However I do not have the ability to call spirits by my own will to hear them and see them when I want to have some experience or interaction.They manifest whenever they want at the least expected moments. I call it “visits”. It could be tonight or it could be just at any time. I consider myself pretty developed because I have basically experience pretty much all phenomena, from hearing, to seeing, to being touched. The only thing I have never seen is a table moving or anything of that sort, and I think those are fake tricks done by scammers. But when it comes to the spirit world I have a open mind, I just very skeptical. I need to see to believe. I feel bad because this is something that people should experience but I understand the dangers associated to this. Bad people and fanatics being an example. I also understand that we are exposed to being mocked and treated as liars and even unhinged.. all I can say to gays is that be very glad to be it, because if you had any idea of what all this is truly about you would be very surprised. Do not believe Christianity and any religion, Buddhism? perhaps, but whatever is happening or going to happen to us, will not be because of following a religion but by a power way above us, something that you are not aware of its existence and purpose. Be strong and don’t fear, we will all be fine.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2024 11:51 PM

I've always wondered why some people have these experiences and others, like me, do not. Any ideas, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2024 12:04 AM

R15 yes that can be an authentic experience. For instance, I have smelled flowers, embalming fluid and cigars. The cigar case was a cuban Indian spirit, these are spirits that many cubans santeros and mediums work with.

R20 according to Allan kardec books, that I, by the way, do not follow and agree with for the most part with its teaching, but it is very accurate explaining the phenomena, this ability is something that some people are just born with to the point of having some distinctive physical characteristics such the shape of theirs legs. I was born with that same characteristics and when I was little my mother had to correct it with special shoes and rubber bands.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2024 1:06 AM

I've always wondered if my old cat is hanging out in my place. A couple of days after he died, I was in bed about to fall asleep when I felt footsteps walking across my comforter. It was so real. Later, I got another cat who came to my yard and wouldn't leave so I adopted it. She was a ragdoll who I later found out was thrown out by a neighbor. She wouldn't sleep on the bed, or come into the bedroom but she had a hiding place in their when she was scared. I named her Asia and had her for 12 years. She passed away this morning and I'm hoping she'll visit me like the last one did.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2024 2:15 AM

spooky spookY!

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2024 2:45 AM

I had a close straight friend who got married and had a baby. Me and my partner loved both of them—both really funny, charming, impish, super smart liberals. They had a chubby sweet happy baby.

I had a dream an extremely vivid dream one night that I was at their wedding. My friend wasn’t there yet and everyone was worried. I found him in his hotel room with my boyfriend and they both looked grim. He explained that he was so sorry to tell us he wasn’t gonna be able to join us and to take good care of his wife. We went downstairs to meet her and she told us she was going to have to do it alone. We were dancing to “I will survive” but it was a sad scene.

I was telling my boyfriend about the dream in bed the next morning when we got a call. Our friend left his wife and baby to run back inside and grab his wallet and suffered a massive heart attack at their front door.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2024 2:51 AM

I am so sorry, r22. It’s so hard to lose a beloved pet. It’s like a piece of you is gone.

R20, idk. Me and a friend of mine were discussing this today. I think everyone has some sort of ability, but we don’t always understand when something happens.

Not every experience is as obvious as the headless butler. Some are just weird “feelings” of uneasiness, oppression, or sadness. Sometimes, you just don’t want to go into a room or a building. Sometimes, you smell a perfume or cigarette smoke in an unexpected place.

When I smell a garage smell (oil, WD40), I know it’s my dad around.

It’s hard to explain, but it’s so subtle sometimes that you just miss it. Listen for the whisper instead of expecting a normal speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2024 6:58 AM

R24, I do not doubt you one bit. But isn't it funny, your friend who had the massive heart attack was with your own boyfriend in the dream? Because I would find that worrying. Not that there was anything going on, but that maybe your own boyfriend is in danger?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2024 5:08 PM

R25, Sometimes I wonder about stuff like that because it happens to me, too.

I was cleaning out my grandfather’s apartment in a retirement home after he died. I was stony broke that week and staying in a hotel, because I was about three hours from home. While I was going through his dresser, I smelled my grandmother’s perfume. She had her own dresser and she was long gone at that point. I fished around looking for perfume bottle … or anything…and pulled up a wad of $20 bills stashed in an envelope. At that point I was so emotionally spent I couldn’t even cry. When I wrapped up for the day, I had a hot meal and bought a book to read. I figured that’s what my grandma wanted.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2024 7:50 PM

I was sitting in my living room one evening reading a text book on pretty living. I heard a giggle or what I thought was a giggle. It was loud enough to break the silence and startle me and my Boston Terrier. I looked around and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary so I went ahead with my in-depth instruction manual. A few minutes later I heard a very loud fart. It wasn’t me. It was my Boston Terrier. I had given him a fried chicken breast for lunch you see. I never did find out where the giggle sound came from.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2024 8:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!