Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you have siblings or other family members you are not currently speaking to?

If yes, what caused the issue?

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2024 11:39 PM

Yep. Basically had to cut off one side of my family for being apologists for an awful family member whose done some terrible shit throughout the years. Ain’t nobody gon disrespect me and then other family embers make excuses or look the other way like that shit is proper.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2024 8:41 PM

Family members*

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2024 8:41 PM

🍿 🍿 🍿 🍿 🍿

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2024 8:44 PM

Datz rite! I gotz ridda da creole family a kept da blatino!!!!

Chimichanga, mafuckers!!!!!!! 🌯

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2024 8:45 PM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2024 9:14 PM

I.dont talk to anyone in my family except one brother but even that's minimal because his wife is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2024 9:20 PM

Let many family members go mostly they are narcissistic and while I have some same qualities-I try hard not to behave that way.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 10:22 PM

I have not spoken to my emotionally abusive sister in over 17 years. She is my only sibling.

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 10:36 PM

My whole dad’s side of my family. My grandma was a multi millionaire and didn’t leave me jack shit

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 10:47 PM

I’ve seen Dump divide families right and left. Luckily 🍀 not mine.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 10:56 PM

Once my mother died, I speak to no one in my trash family.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 11:01 PM

A cousin who doesn't have a family (never married, parents & siblings dead), so she's is over involved with mine. On the surface kind, loving, family orientated, underneath a cunt, like her mother, and a nasty gossip. I just got tired of her abuse and her disparaging comments about my family and others. Two faced cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 11:17 PM

r12 "so she's is over involved with mine"

What is your native language?

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 11:24 PM

After my mother died, I was able to cut off all contact with two of her mafioso brothers, their gaudy, vile wives and their mafia princess daughters.

I spoke to my mother's third brother and his wife until they died because he was never involved in that world. I am extremely close to their daughter, my cousin. I stopped speaking to their son who is same age as me and we grew up like brothers after he married a Meghan Markle type. I think that's why I'm so interested in the Harkle saga, it's astounding to me how all narcissists use the same playbook regardless if they marry into a middle-class family or a royal family.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 11:45 PM

My brother and my paternal relatives.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 11:46 PM

Some people grow up in a family where "no matter what, you've always got family" to lean on, to get support and love. I didn't grow up in a family like that. Everything felt (to me) temporary and transactional. My parents did what they could, but they didn't have a lot of insight into why they were unhappy.

After several years when my siblings abandoned me to take care of my mother in her old age (and after she had loaned money to help them or given them financial support), when she died, I decided not to engage with them any longer. They have made no attempt to contact me in the 12 years since, so you could honestly say they dumped me as much as I ended with them. I became aware of their various mental problems and I also have my own so it's probably better like this. Not everyone grows up in a supportive, sustaining family.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 11:55 PM

I have a brother who has always been selfish & inconsiderate. I made the mistake of feeling sorry for him & lending him a large amount of money. He promised to pay it back, but he never has and I don’t think ever will. I only speak with him if I really have to.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2024 12:00 AM

You type like an asshole, R13.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2024 12:01 AM

Death makes it difficult to communicate...

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2024 12:41 AM

My mother's side of the family. After Mom died, my sister came home to find my aunt and cousin trying to clean it the house of thing my great grandmother left her because "they should stay in the family." Like, my sister wasn't family? When my grandmother died, get estate was to go to her grandchildren. My uncle (mother's brother) took most of the money and gave Nana's NJ shore home to my cousin, selling it to her for $100. When my sister died, they asked for jewelry and such she for from my mother. Again, to keep it in the family. Bunch of mother fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2024 2:10 AM

Yes. Both of my siblings. My older brother disappeared for about 15 years, then showed up one day wanting money.

He hung around for a few years, then disappeared again, only to reappear when he needed more money. Between those times, we never heard from him.

Once dad died, he, too, vanished.

My younger brother is an ammosexual maggot. Always blamed ME or mom for his own dumb assed choices. He didn’t graduate HS, refused to get a GED, lived in his truck after he got kicked out of a trailer park but, by God, he had his precious gunz!

He’s always been mad because he’s been a fool, but he doesn’t see his piss poor choices as HIS CHOICES.

Now, of course he’s a die hard trumptard because that fat cunt promises revenge for every wrong my brother thinks was done to him.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2024 4:05 AM

My brother is a malignant narcissist. It isn’t possible to maintain long-term relationships with narcissists. It is hard because I understand how he was damaged by our parents and I see why he’s angry that I “sided” with them, but he’s just impossible. Constant digs, exploitative, nasty and embarrassing to service people, chaotic and grandiose, violent.

Every few years we get a call from his latest victim—boyfriend, husband, friend, etc. He will accuse people of really devious dark intentions and it’s actually just classic projection. Things that sound crazy and paranoid until you realize that’s HIS real intention or what he’d do.

I read in the BBC that NPD can lessen with age. 🤞

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2024 5:03 AM

Any time there is gross stupidity in the news, I look for family names.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2024 5:20 AM

There’s not much, between political divides and the elders dying off over time.

After my parents are gone, there will be very, very little interaction with whatever is left of my family - which is just a smattering of cousins across two states.

In the long run, retiring to Europe sounds preferable to hanging around here/the US but that will take a lot of effort between now and then.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2024 5:40 AM

One of the many blessings of being GenX is that I don’t have a social media presence.

I’m not cutting off bat shit crazy bigoted willfully ignorant hillbilly relatives, I never made myself available to them online.

I really don’t exist. Neener.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2024 10:01 AM

Yes. I only speak to my mother. There’s no drama, my entire family pretends we don’t exist because we are poor and she’s not educated or professional. I basically never had any family.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2024 10:41 AM

My niece. She’s been a blight on the family practically her whole life and bled my parents dry, just like her abusive piece of shit father,my brother. He and my parents are all dead now. I miss my parents even though they enabled brother and niece and all their fucked-upness. Both grifters, addicts, criminals. The last time I had any dealings with her was after my dad’s estate was settled and I gave her cut. I blocked her of pretty much any way to contact me. She can find some other sucker to bail her out next time.

Luckily, I do have a fun, liberal sister I like. She went to college to the other side of the country at18 to get away from our sociopath brother, and never moved back. I did resent her for a while since I was still here and had to handle pretty much everything with our parents as they aged and died. We’ve gotten over that and are fine, and I love her kids. And I love an excuse to visit the West Coast.

Oh, and I have a shit ton of aunts, uncles, cousins, but they are so religious and conservative that I don’t talk to them very much.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2024 11:10 AM

Sorry for the typos and bad grammar. iPad is wonky this morning.

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2024 11:11 AM

I have a rocky relationship with my younger sister. I speak to her if I visit my father who is in a home and she is there at the same time. They have birthdays on the same day. This year I brought my father a present but not her.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2024 11:21 AM

This is a heart ❤️ wrenching thread. I wish the best to all!

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2024 11:24 AM

Yes. Serial molester

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2024 11:53 AM

r20 here -- I hate autocorrect on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2024 3:50 PM

No, it's not that we are not speaking with one another on some sort of principal, though in practice we have very limited and infrequent communication: a birthday message or the occasional what's new note.

We were never close in age not anything else and now it's just one sibling and adult child and the children of another (deceased) sibling. Of those, I'm in minimal contact only with the first group.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2024 8:07 PM

DL is full of many damaged people who had horrible upbringings.

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2024 8:10 PM

I have a cousin I will never talk to again because he called my mom the N word.

My mother is German with a ruddy complexion, but a few assholes on my dad's side of the family were convinced she was black, and never treated her nicely. Most of those heinous cunts are long dead but that cousin is still around.

My sister is MAGA, sadly, but we continue to talk, I've laid down the rule of no politics or religion. It's an uneasy truce, but she's taking care of our remaining parent so I need to maintain that connection.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2024 8:12 PM

I have several first cousins I don't have much to do with. We all live in different states and have our own lives and even though there's never been any fights or drama between us, we've just never been close. Many families are like this, once the cousins all reach adulthood and have their own lives and move away there isn't much contact anymore.

I've always had good relationships with my parents and my two siblings, and my siblings' respective spouses. I'm the fun uncle to their kids.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2024 8:18 PM

[quote]One of the many blessings of being GenX is that I don’t have a social media presence.

Isn't it great? I don't have anything to do with the constant drama and waste of time that social media can bring and I love it. It's just pathetic how many middle-aged people I know spend their lives on social media getting pissed off over petty bullshit. They act like teenagers, it's ridiculous at their ages.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2024 8:21 PM

My magat cousin, hell some of her siblings don’t talk to her.

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2024 8:59 PM

All of them. Pretty sure both my parents are narcs. I can count on one hand the number of times they ever asked about myself. Dad left when I was 3. Mom was a rageaholic. Oldest sister was the golden child. Next older sister was the scapegoat. I was the invisible kid.

No big loss. They were MAGA before such a thing existed. Apex deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2024 9:31 PM

[Quote] One of the many blessings of being GenX is that I don’t have a social media presence

I’m Gen X and use all of the socials. You’re limited.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2024 10:27 PM

More like this: One of the many blessings of being a shut-in is that I don’t have a social media presence

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2024 10:29 PM

I went 3 years without speaking to my sister

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2024 10:29 PM

r41 lots of social people don't use Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2024 11:04 PM

[quote]Any time there is gross stupidity in the news, I look for family names.

You know all those NYT stories humanizing Trump voters? A few years ago, my sister sent me one from our small flyover hometown. Imagine my surprise to read a quote about how evil the media is from my aunt.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2024 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!