Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cheryl Cole calls out ‘Abhorrent’ reports and ‘Media Exploitation’ of Liam Payne's death

Cheryl Cole, who shared a son with Liam Payne, has issued a statement on the death of the superstar.

In a paragraph posted to Instagram, Cole pleaded with the media to stop with “abhorrent reports” and “media exploitation” of his death for the sake of their son Bear.

“As I try to navigate this earth shattering event, and work through my own grief at this indescribably painful time, I’d like to kindly remind everyone that we have lost a human being,” she said. “Liam was not only a pop star and celebrity, he was a son, a brother, an uncle, a dear friend and a father to our 7 year old son. A son that now has to face the reality of never seeing his father again.”

She continued, “What is troubling my spirit the most is that one day Bear will have access to the abhorrent reports and media exploitation we have seen in the past two days. It is breaking my heart further that I cannot protect him from that in his future. I am begging you to consider what use some of these reports are serving, other than to cause further harm to everyone left behind picking up the pieces. Before you leave comments or make videos, ask yourself if you would like your own child or family to read them.”

Cole closed her statement, asking the public to please give “Liam the little dignity he has left in the wake of his death to rest in some peace at last.” Payne died on Oct. 16 after a fall from a hotel rooftop in Buenos Aires. He was 31.

News emerged that Payne had died from “multiple trauma” and “internal and external hemorrhage” after falling three floors from a hotel balcony in Buenos Aires, Argentina according to the city’s National Criminal and Correctional Prosecutor’s Office. It was unclear whether the fall was an accident, with authorities continuing to investigate the circumstances.

The couple first met when Payne auditioned for the U.K. edition of “The X Factor” as a 14 year old in 2008. Cole, who was 10 years his senior, was on the judging panel alongside Simon Cowell, Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh.

The two began dating in 2016 and went on to have a son together, named Bear, in 2017. They ended their relationship the following year and Payne went on to have a long-term relationship with model Maya Henry. Payne was originally in Buenos Aires with his current girlfriend, Kate Cassidy, but she left the vacation a few days earlier.

In an interview with The Sunday Times a few months after their split, Cole revealed Payne had wanted to be a father from the age of 16. “He wanted to settle down and have a family and not do the solo thing. Then [I] encouraged him to do that. And then it didn’t work out.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2024 9:31 PM

"Cheryl Cole, who shared a son with Liam Payne, has issued a statement on the death of the superstar." Really, VARIETY? SUPERSTAR? He was "the homely one" in a boyband a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2024 9:31 PM

She can shove it up her racist twat!

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2024 9:34 PM

Says the pedofile who groomed him

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2024 9:38 PM

At this point the coverage of this story is getting tiresome, at least until more cold, hard facts are uncovered. Otherwise it is just endless stories rehashing what has already been said a thousand times over. It has been very obvious for a while that his music career was not going to go anywhere after 1D. Very few ex-boy band members have successful solo careers, with Timberlake, Ricky Martin and Harry Styles being exceptions. But I agree calling him a superstar nowadays is a major stretch.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote]Cole revealed Payne had wanted to be a father from the age of 16.

Every 16-year-old boy's dream. Right.

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2024 12:30 AM

“Who”, not “that”, Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2024 12:42 AM

Person whose whole career is based on attention from the public asks media to not report on something because it’ll mess with her kids head later in life…

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2024 12:51 AM

As if that chav Cheryl even knows what abhorrent means!

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2024 12:54 AM

Cheryl is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2024 1:02 AM

Cheryl's pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2024 1:13 AM

R8 I don't think you know what chav means.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2024 1:16 AM

I wonder what his parents think of groomy Cheryl? He should be just starting to think about kids, or not.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2024 1:25 AM

Truly a terrible situation. I agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2024 1:34 AM

[quote]Cole pleaded with the media to stop with “abhorrent reports” and “media exploitation” of his death for the sake of [bold]their son Bear.[/bold]

Look, dealing with that STUPID NAME is going to be the trauma he’s faced with in adulthood - not old news clippings about his father’s death.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2024 5:38 AM

She's a racist cunt and deserves to carry a name which will forever be associated with stinky pussies on DL! Too bad the wonderful Nicola Roberts wasn't the breakout star of Girls Aloud.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2024 7:45 AM

R12 she hardly groomed him, they didn't have a relationship til years after they met. And not a Cheryl fan and think she was lucky to be the breakout star of Girls Aloud based on her minimal talent, but she had much more solo success than Liam and she's beautiful. Hardly like he got a bad bargain!

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2024 11:26 AM

She saw the potential money grab, all she had to do is get his seed inside her.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2024 12:55 PM

R17 Don't be ridiculous. Cheryl Cole isn't poor.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2024 12:57 PM

Cheryl was voted world's sexiest woman twice. I know it's meaningless but Liam hardly ended up with an old banger when he shacked up with Cheryl. Her looks were her career.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2024 2:05 PM

Then she got all of those hideous tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2024 2:29 PM

This is the most attention Cheryl Cole has received, ever.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2024 2:33 PM

[quote]This is the most attention Cheryl Cole has received, ever.

You must have never lived in the UK. During the years when she was a judge on X Factor (2008-2011), and well after, her outfits, her marriages, her fertility, her feuds, her dating life (in fact, anything but her "music") were prime tabloid fodder pretty much daily. She, Katie "Jordan" Price, and Kerry Katona (yes, I know--who?) must have been the most frequently covered female "stars" in the British tabloid world.

She is back in the spotlight these days because she is doing a reunion tour of the UK with Girls Aloud.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2024 2:51 PM

R21 no, no, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2024 2:54 PM

His career was,over and he was impossible to deal with because of drugs and booze and he wasn’t cute anymore-better off dead like M. Perry.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote][R8] I don't think you know what chav means.

Cheryl is a total CHAV. Came from a dirt poor common background, she is literally COUNCIL HOUSE AND VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2024 9:23 PM

R24 types fat.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2024 9:25 PM

R5 how else could he say, “I want some pussy!”?

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2024 9:28 PM

R25 That isn't what chav means. It's not an acronym.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2024 9:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!